Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kybldmstr94

(Speculation) New Voice Actor for Master Xehanort

They already started recording lines a while back for KH3, which is what you do in early development. His lines would've been recorded at this point, so there is no need to worry.

When was this ever confirmed?

Pandy mentioned Hugo Weaving completely unrelatedly but now I really want it because it would be so interesting.

Of course, they might always just make Terranort the primary bad guy instead. Or maybe he'll be a silent villain. I feel like there are a lot of options before "replacement" is the direction they go. We'll see.

Yeah, FOR Kingdom Hearts ONE.5. Like 2+ years ago.

That pic was taken the same exact day at the same exact place this video was also taken.

Yeah, but Master Xehanort doesn't appear in 1.5. I'm not saying that either of you are definitely right or wrong, but Nimoy must have recorded *something* for some other KH title if this photo thing is true.

Jesse took a pic a while back of him recording.

How far back? And is there anywhere I can find this picture?

What about Frank Welker?

Sure, why not? It's just Corey Burton that I have problems with. Ever since Arkham City, he's just never made the effort again to make his characters sound different.

Yeah, FOR Kingdom Hearts ONE.5. Like 2+ years ago.

That pic was taken the same exact day at the same exact place this video was also taken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr1Oz4sB7Xo

Bruh I made a mistake. I realized that last night. Woops.

Yeah, but Master Xehanort doesn't appear in 1.5. I'm not saying that either of you are definitely right or wrong, but Nimoy must have recorded *something* for some other KH title if this photo thing is true.

How far back? And is there anywhere I can find this picture?

Sorry I mixed it up with the 1.5 recording with Jesse, woopsies.

Edited by Shana09

This is going to be very tough.  In my mind, no one can ever replicate Mr. Nimoy's amazing voice, so hearing someone else do the role of Xehanort seems jarring to me.  I would really love to think that Nimoy recorded his lines before passing away, but that is a long shot, and so, it's highly unlikely.  I really don't know how this is going to work.  I imagine that Square will try to find someone who sounds almost exactly like Nimoy.  Oh, and I saw the How Star Trek should have ended video, and I agree with Shana.  Whoever did Spock's voice in that video really sounded a hell lot like Nimoy!  Square should consider looking for said person!  But anyways, I just hope Square can update us with the current state of things soon.

Edited by Shigehiko

Who do you think would be better to succeed Leonard Nimoy's role as Master Xehanort Corey Burton or Frank Welker?

Corey Burton voices enough characters in the series as is, so hearing him do Master Xehanort would be a no no for me.  The shift in voices will definitely be noticeable. I remember Frank Welker voicing Galvatron in the original Transformers G1 movie, and his voice is pretty grave, so he'd be good.  But a lot of people say that Christopher Lloyd would be great for Xehanort.  The name continues to ring a bell to me, but I still can't quite put my finger on it!  Anyways, let's just hope that Square chooses someone who can do Mr. Nimoy justice! :')

Corey Burton voices enough characters in the series as is, so hearing him do Master Xehanort would be a no no for me.  The shift in voices will definitely be noticeable. I remember Frank Welker voicing Galvatron in the original Transformers G1 movie, and his voice is pretty grave, so he'd be good.  But a lot of people say that Christopher Lloyd would be great for Xehanort.  The name continues to ring a bell to me, but I still can't quite put my finger on it!  Anyways, let's just hope that Square chooses someone who can do Mr. Nimoy justice! :')

Christopher Lloyd is Dr emmett Brown of Back to the Future! Which btw i should add we are currently living in the year that Back to the Future Part II is set in! 

He and Frank Welker would be good choices to replace Leonard Nimoy (Please, NO Corey Burton). But if the following guy did the voice, it would be pheonomenal: 

JAMES SPADER aka ULTRON! 

Serioously, Watch this trailer for Age of Ultron:

I can REALLY hear him as Xehanort! Imagine his voice saying "These lifeless keys used to be full of power"

Christopher Lloyd is Dr emmett Brown of Back to the Future! Which btw i should add we are currently living in the year that Back to the Future Part II is set in! 

He and Frank Welker would be good choices to replace Leonard Nimoy (Please, NO Corey Burton). But if the following guy did the voice, it would be pheonomenal: 

JAMES SPADER aka ULTRON! 

Serioously, Watch this trailer for Age of Ultron:

I can REALLY hear him as Xehanort! Imagine his voice saying "These lifeless keys used to be full of power"

Ah, I knew that the name Christopher Lloyd ringed a bell!  Thanks for clearing it up for me!  And yeah, I agree, Corey Burton has done enough voices in the series, lol. As for James Spader voicing Xehanort, that'd be very interesting.  He sounds like a frickin boss in Avengers: Age Of Ultron, and he's already looking to be my favorite villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!  Anyways, back to the topic at hand.  If James Spader can somehow make his voice sound deeper, I think we'd have a great Xehanort on our hands! :D

Re: James Spader, I really can't imagine Raymond Reddington as Master Xehanort.  They're similar in personalities, maybe, but Spader's voice doesn't go that deep and he's not quite old enough to pull off the gravelly effect.  Maybe as a future villain, though?

Re: James Spader, I really can't imagine Raymond Reddington as Master Xehanort.  They're similar in personalities, maybe, but Spader's voice doesn't go that deep and he's not quite old enough to pull off the gravelly effect.  Maybe as a future villain, though?

I agree.  Although, if Spader were to be able to pull off a deep voice, maybe he could make it work.  But, I like your idea of him voicing a future villain, though!  We'll have to wait and see what happens! :3

Christopher Lloyd would be fantastic. But, if they went with a voice actor, I'd be fine with Frank Welker...or even Jim Cummings. His evil voices are fantastic.