Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kybldmstr94

(Speculation) New Voice Actor for Master Xehanort

I kind of want it to be Christopher Lloyd now.  See what you've done, Mega!?Xehanort: Great Scott!  If we don't generate 1.21 gigawatts of darkness power, we won't be able to send the Heartless Back to the Future!

Add in Atlantis and have him interact with Milo, and I'll be happy.  Of course, who would voice the King of Atlantis?

To be honest, everyone needs to stop worrying about "Who's gonna voicehiminKHIIIOMMIGODDD!!" And realize an actor of great talent passed away. He was a good character actor, not to mention the first to do the now iconic Spock role. The fact of him voicing Xehanort is only a side note in his long career. 

He will be missed greatly. 

That's all. 

(This'll probably be deleted) 

I agree.  Although, if Spader were to be able to pull off a deep voice, maybe he could make it work.  But, I like your idea of him voicing a future villain, though!  We'll have to wait and see what happens! :3

At the end of this survey in the "Anything else you would like us to know" section, tell them that they should have James Spader voice Xehanort: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8L8WHJR

Corey Burton voices enough characters in the series as is, so hearing him do Master Xehanort would be a no no for me.  The shift in voices will definitely be noticeable. I remember Frank Welker voicing Galvatron in the original Transformers G1 movie, and his voice is pretty grave, so he'd be good.  But a lot of people say that Christopher Lloyd would be great for Xehanort.  The name continues to ring a bell to me, but I still can't quite put my finger on it!  Anyways, let's just hope that Square chooses someone who can do Mr. Nimoy justice! :')

Actually nimoy voiced galvatron in the movie, welker voiced megatron and galvatron after the movie, but welker would be the best fit, he just has to make his voice deeper than he did for megatron.

To be honest, everyone needs to stop worrying about "Who's gonna voicehiminKHIIIOMMIGODDD!!" And realize an actor of great talent passed away. He was a good character actor, not to mention the first to do the now iconic Spock role. The fact of him voicing Xehanort is only a side note in his long career. 

He will be missed greatly. 

That's all. 

(This'll probably be deleted) 

Your words are very true, but you do realize this is a separate topic from the one of his passing, right?  This topic is specifically meant to discuss who will take the mantle of voicing Xehanort now.  And yes, I agree fullheartedly that the world just lost one of its shining stars!  He was a great actor, and shall be missed! :(

At the end of this survey in the "Anything else you would like us to know" section, tell them that they should have James Spader voice Xehanort: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8L8WHJR

But you know, from what I've heard everyone say here, apparently Christopher Lloyd is the favorite to be cast as Xehanort! :O

Actually nimoy voiced galvatron in the movie, welker voiced megatron and galvatron after the movie, but welker would be the best fit, he just has to make his voice deeper than he did for megatron.

Ah, I see.  Well, let's see what happens! :D

Your words are very true, but you do realize this is a separate topic from the one of his passing, right?  This topic is specifically meant to discuss who will take the mantle of voicing Xehanort now.  And yes, I agree fullheartedly that the world just lost one of its shining stars!  He was a great actor, and shall be missed! :(

I do know. i'm saying it doesn't matter: people need to get over the fact he can't do the voice. 

Yes, R.I.P. 

As to the topic, I dunno..pierce Bronsan? 

I don't really care, to be honest..It's just a video game character. They get re-voiced all the time. 

Pierce Brosnan...isn't he the actor that played James Bond in the past?  Anyway, I haven't seen his movies, so I can't say for sure regarding his voice.  And well, you are right, Xehanort is just a video game character, but he is an iconic video game character, one whom everyone has a strong following, and it'll obviously be very weird to hear someone else do Xehanort's voice other than Nimoy.  The best solution would be to find someone who can mimic Nimoy's voice to near perfection! :3

Pierce Brosnan...isn't he the actor that played James Bond in the past?  Anyway, I haven't seen his movies, so I can't say for sure regarding his voice.  And well, you are right, Xehanort is just a video game character, but he is an iconic video game character, one whom everyone has a strong following, and it'll obviously be very weird to hear someone else do Xehanort's voice other than Nimoy.  The best solution would be to find someone who can mimic Nimoy's voice to near perfection! :3

Or use older clips to digitally recreate his voice or something. I know d@amn well they can do such things, so maybe they'd get a shot at it with KH III. 

Or use a mimic, like you said. The mimic for Ansem in KH Re:Com was pretty decent. 

Or use older clips to digitally recreate his voice or something. I know d@amn well they can do such things, so maybe they'd get a shot at it with KH III. 

Or use a mimic, like you said. The mimic for Ansem in KH Re:Com was pretty decent. 

Ah yes, it is quite possible to do that!  The voice replication could be a great way to make sure Xehanort's voice stays the same!  But, if Square weren't to use such a technique, then the voice mimic option is doable as well. :3

Ah yes, it is quite possible to do that!  The voice replication could be a great way to make sure Xehanort's voice stays the same!  But, if Square weren't to use such a technique, then the voice mimic option is doable as well. :3

Isn't there quite a few mimic's in the series?

Ansem, Namine, Kairi (sorta) 

Isn't there quite a few mimic's in the series?

Ansem, Namine, Kairi (sorta) 

Indeed.  And you know, it's just like what happened with The Legend Of Korra, which I found out recently.  If you watched the show, then you know that Iroh, Zuko's uncle, had appeared in the show, but had been voiced by a different person, because the original voice actor for Iroh had already died.  Honestly, if I hadn't known this, I could have sworn that it was the original voice actor instead of the mimic!  I mean, good God, you couldn't tell the difference between voices!  Let's hope someone like that comes along! :D

Indeed.  And you know, it's just like what happened with The Legend Of Korra, which I found out recently.  If you watched the show, then you know that Iroh, Zuko's uncle, had appeared in the show, but had been voiced by a different person, because the original voice actor for Iroh had already died.  Honestly, if I hadn't known this, I could have sworn that it was the original voice actor instead of the mimic!  I mean, good God, you couldn't tell the difference between voices!  Let's hope someone like that comes along! :D

We should be careful: I don't want to get deleted. 

But at the topic, yeah, a lot of mimics are really good. They'll figure something out. 

Indeed.  I hope Square figures something out soon! D:

Yeah I can't believe one of my worst fears has come to reality. The game will still be amazing regardless, though. We still have tons of other awesome voice actors to look forward to such as Hayden Panettierre, Jesse, etc. It's going to be so awesome to finally hear Hayden in major scenes again after this long. Hell, she even did the entire series of Heroes in the time we've been waiting for this game...All in all, I think the fun factor this game will have is going to overwhelm any sense of disappointment of a slightly different sounding Xehanort. Even the fact that I'm going to be able to say "I have Kingdom Hearts Fukcing 3 in my hands right now" will alone. lol

Yeah I can't believe one of my worst fears has come to reality. The game will still be amazing regardless, though. We still have tons of other awesome voice actors to look forward to such as Hayden Panettierre, Jesse, etc. It's going to be so awesome to finally hear Hayden in major scenes again after this long. Hell, she even did the entire series of Heroes in the time we've been waiting for this game...All in all, I think the fun factor this game will have is going to overwhelm any sense of disappointment of a slightly different sounding Xehanort. Even the fact that I'm going to be able to say "I have Kingdom Hearts Fukcing 3 in my hands right now" will alone. lol

Haha, yeah, that's right!  As long as we get the game, and it's a non rushed, beautifully and lovingly made product, it will deliver on all cylinders!  Kingdom Hearts III will be truly amazing! :D

I kind of want it to be Christopher Lloyd now. See what you've done, Mega!?

Xehanort: Great Scott! If we don't generate 1.21 gigawatts of darkness power, we won't be able to send the Heartless Back to the Future!

Add in Atlantis and have him interact with Milo, and I'll be happy. Of course, who would voice the King of Atlantis?

Christopher Lloyd n if Michael J Fox can return as Milo then we'd have BttF4 :), but sadly despite MJF able to do VA roles easily he most likely will not return as he did not for the Stuart Little tv show or Milo's Return/the cancelled Atlantis tv show. He did return for Stuart little 3 though, but with him being on The Good Wife & potentially other shows he may not be interested in doing a video game VO

What if they asked his son? then again, that would be a bit rude...

Well Jerome Ranft, Joe Ranft's brother replaced the latter as Red in the Cars Toons, so they could do something like that. Is his son even an actor? (Then again, I don't think Melissa Disney (Vivi) did much as an actress and they got her)

My other choices for Master Xehanort besides James Spader include Christopher Lloyd, Frank Welker, Christopher Plummber (Charles Muntz in UP), or any impersonator who is so good that you would not be able to tell the difference

KHRP said he wanted Benedict Cumberbach to do Xehanort as in Terra-Nort but what are your thoughts on him as Master Xehanort?

KHRP said he wanted Benedict Cumberbach to do Xehanort as in Terra-Nort but what are your thoughts on him as Master Xehanort?

It's not a bad idea, but really, his voice just isn't aged enough for the part.