Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo Santana

KH Lore - Completely Mind F******

After watching so many YouTube videos about the series, reading many of the threads here on the site, and learning about the story of Chi and AAAAAAALL of the theories out there, I have come to one conclusion: I am utterly lost when it comes to the KH lore now. Like stupidly lost. Like, I'm playing a game whose story is just slapping me in the face every second while I like it.

By asking the following questions, I know I'm probably gonna get the classic, "why start a new thread, all the answers are ______" ; " so and so already answered ______________" ; "here's the link to find out ___________ and __________" etc.  But at least for my sake and love of the series,I guess I'd like to have once single page to get CLEAR and maybe DEFINITIVE answers to the mind boggle I have right now. Here goes:

1. In KH1, Sora could only WIELD the keyblade because of Ven's presence in his heart. I know that Sora never got his OWN k'blade, but by the end of the game, the k'blade CHOSE him over Riku due to Riku's entanglement with darkness even though it was initially Riku's keyblade. True or False? (if true, then sora won't lose the keyblade that chose him even if Ven's heart leaves him in KH3?)

2. KH1: When Sora releases his heart to release Kairi's with the Keyblade of People's Hearts, his Nobody Roxas is formed. Right? Right. But does Ven's heart get transferred into Roxas or does it stick around with Sora all the time? Just want to make sure...

This also reminds me of something I read on this site:

2b. Since Roxas=Sora's Nobody and Nobody= Body left behind by Heartless, I read somewhere on here that after the events of KH1 and all through out CoM until Roxas merges with Sora in KHII, Sora is theoretically a "walking heart" since Roxas has his "left behind body" until the end of Roxas' story? Or does Sora recoup his body as seen in KH1 and Roxas... also keeps his body...? Does that have any merit or am i really just out of my mind??

3. Roxas dual wields because of Sora and Ven, or because of Sora and Xion? And Sora can dual wield because of Ven and because he got the synch blade ability from Roxas after merging, right?

4. I played DDD when it first came out and im fuzzy on the story as of now: So Roxas and Xion grew their own heart after a while and there's a possibility of them coming back as their own people person in KH3?

5. ... If 4 is true.. does that mean that Sora, as of the end of DDD, is housing 3 hearts: Ven, Roxas, and Xion? Or does the fact that Xion is at this point a forgotten memory made from memories disqualify her from ultimately coming back?

(Which, incidentally, leads me to another question: IF Roxas & Xion grew a heart, then that means Axel did too. If Lea is back due to his HL/NB being destroyed.. does that mean that Lea would then house Axel's new grown heart in him? or does the new heart thing not apply to his happenstance and is still just one heart?)

Too many questions. Gonna go lie down now. 

1: Yes, the Keyblade went to Riku, saw he was all darkness and unfit, so it went to the next person with the ability to wield one, Sora (with Ventus inside).

2: Yes Roxas was then formed, but Ven stayed within Sora's heart I think. Roxas looks like Ventus because of Ventus being inside Sora, but Roxas doesn't have Ventus inside of him. (Actually not 100% on this myself)

2b: Sora was able to regain a body through Kairi, when she hugged him in Hollow Bastion. From that point until the end of KH2, you could technically call Sora a walking heart, since his original body was still out there (as Roxas).

3: I think it's because of Xion, since Roxas only starts dual wielding after her boss fight is concluded. I did once hear somewhere that Sora always had the ability to dual wield, he just chooses to only wield one normally. I think this might be one of those things that is purposefully left vague.

4: Yeah this is a weird one. Bodies that have lost their hearts (nobodies) will do everything to replace that heart, so yes, they can grow back a heart. I guess that means they can come back in KH3.

5: Ven and Roxas definitely. Xion is also in there, but very deep I guess, so what the status of her heart is is anybody's guess. I hope she gets one and then comes back in KH3, she's such a good character.

6: I dunno, I'm still a little confounded by the logic that when you destroy the 2 parts of a person, that original person comes back. I mean, if anything, they would be super-dead. So maybe? Lea seems to have Axel's memories, so either Axel's heart is in there, or Lea just remembers what happened while he was Axel.

After watching so many YouTube videos about the series, reading many of the threads here on the site, and learning about the story of Chi and AAAAAAALL of the theories out there, I have come to one conclusion: I am utterly lost when it comes to the KH lore now. Like stupidly lost. Like, I'm playing a game whose story is just slapping me in the face every second while I like it.

By asking the following questions, I know I'm probably gonna get the classic, "why start a new thread, all the answers are ______" ; " so and so already answered ______________" ; "here's the link to find out ___________ and __________" etc.  But at least for my sake and love of the series,I guess I'd like to have once single page to get CLEAR and maybe DEFINITIVE answers to the mind boggle I have right now. Here goes:

1. In KH1, Sora could only WIELD the keyblade because of Ven's presence in his heart. I know that Sora never got his OWN k'blade, but by the end of the game, the k'blade CHOSE him over Riku due to Riku's entanglement with darkness even though it was initially Riku's keyblade. True or False? (if true, then sora won't lose the keyblade that chose him even if Ven's heart leaves him in KH3?)

2. KH1: When Sora releases his heart to release Kairi's with the Keyblade of People's Hearts, his Nobody Roxas is formed. Right? Right. But does Ven's heart get transferred into Roxas or does it stick around with Sora all the time? Just want to make sure...

This also reminds me of something I read on this site:

2b. Since Roxas=Sora's Nobody and Nobody= Body left behind by Heartless, I read somewhere on here that after the events of KH1 and all through out CoM until Roxas merges with Sora in KHII, Sora is theoretically a "walking heart" since Roxas has his "left behind body" until the end of Roxas' story? Or does Sora recoup his body as seen in KH1 and Roxas... also keeps his body...? Does that have any merit or am i really just out of my mind??

3. Roxas dual wields because of Sora and Ven, or because of Sora and Xion? And Sora can dual wield because of Ven and because he got the synch blade ability from Roxas after merging, right?

4. I played DDD when it first came out and im fuzzy on the story as of now: So Roxas and Xion grew their own heart after a while and there's a possibility of them coming back as their own people person in KH3?

5. ... If 4 is true.. does that mean that Sora, as of the end of DDD, is housing 3 hearts: Ven, Roxas, and Xion? Or does the fact that Xion is at this point a forgotten memory made from memories disqualify her from ultimately coming back?

(Which, incidentally, leads me to another question: IF Roxas & Xion grew a heart, then that means Axel did too. If Lea is back due to his HL/NB being destroyed.. does that mean that Lea would then house Axel's new grown heart in him? or does the new heart thing not apply to his happenstance and is still just one heart?)

Too many questions. Gonna go lie down now. 

1. Sora can dual wield because of Ventus. Sora wielding Kingdom Key comes from his own heart.

2. Sora essentially gains a fake body through Kairi's poorly explained Princess of Heart powers. Roxas is still his body, though it looks like Ventus due to housing his heart

3. Sora can dual wield because of Ven, but the power was unlocked by Xion fusing with Roxas.

4. Roxas grew his own heart, since he's a Nobody. Xion is less clear. Riku Replica has his own heart, and it stands to reason that Xion would also have a heart, which would mean growing a new one wasn't needed.

5. Xion will come back, it's been teased in multiple games now. As for exactly how many hearts Sora houses... it's not very clear. For example, Ventus' heart isn't a complete heart, and we don't know the state of it after it joined with Roxas and then rejoined with Sora. We also don't know if Xion's heart actually went to Sora, we just know her memories went to him, though those are ultimately tied to her heart. Roxas' heart is definitely a part of Sora now. Or at least however much of a heart Roxas had before joining him

6. The only reason why Roxas, Xion or Xehanort growing new hearts is special is because they're unique entities. Roxas' personalty is different from Ven or Sora, so him growing a heart essentially births a new entity. By comparison, Lea and Axel are the exact same person, so the hearts are ultimately redundant.

2: Yes Roxas was then formed, but Ven stayed within Sora's heart I think. Roxas looks like Ventus because of Ventus being inside Sora, but Roxas doesn't have Ventus inside of him. (Actually not 100% on this myself)

Actually when Sora release Kairi's heart to save her Sora also release his own heart as well in the process, however Ven's heart stay inside of Sora's body until his body became Roxas, but due to Ven's heart inside of Sora's body Roxas takes the appearance of Ventus because Roxas was effected by Ventus.

Having Ventus' heart inside of Sora's gave him the ability to wield a Keyblade but in choosing Sora over Riku during KHI, I think Sora gained the ability to wield one without Ventus' assistance. So, I don't think he will lose the ability if Ventus' heart returns to him.

Sora was born with the the qualities necessary to wield the Keyblade he was not given the ability by Ventus. In the scene in which Riku left Destiny Island the darkness that was swallowing him came from within his heart. When Sora attempted to help him he touched also touched the light within Riku's heart. As Riku's heart called forth the Keyblade it sensed what happened to his heart and it recognized Sora as having the necessary qualities of the a wielder. As such Sora was able to pull the Keyblade from Riku's heart.

Ven's heart was still gravely injured during KH1 and as such it stayed with Sora's body which was reborn as Roxas the Nobody. This why Roxas looks like Ventus and not Sora.

When Sora became a Heartless Kairi used her abilities as a Princess of Heart to purify his form. This removed the darkness that was holding his heart captive and gave him a shell like existence. Because the heart shapes the vessel it caused the shell to appear as Sora had before he split himself. So Sora indeed is a walking heart.

Roxas can dual wield because he wields both Sora and Ventus' Keyblades. Upon Roxas' birth Ven's heart was still gravely injured and as such had no influence over Roxas bar his appearance. Roxas was pretty much a clean slate and as Sora's nobody he could summon and use Sora's Keyblade.  Throughout the beginning of Roxas' existence he and Sora were sharing Sora's Keyblade. Roxas however interacted with the light and other hearts of the worlds he explored. He made connections with others whether indirect or direct which would spur him to grow his own heart. As Roxas' heart grew and was nurtured the emotions and feeling would also nurture Ven's. When Roxas absorbed Xion the trauma was so powerful that it woke Ven's heart and allowed Roxas access to Ven's Keyblade. Remember Xion's Keyblade was not real it was a copy of the real one. It was able to function as a real Keyblade because Xion was siphoning Roxas' power. When Roxas grew too strong Xion was unable to copy his abilities.

Yes Roxas and Xion forged their own identities during their existence. In tandem with their interactions in other worlds they were able to nurture their own hearts to grow the same could be said for Namine(Through her interactions with Roxas, and Kairi). lBecause of the fact that they forged their own identities and memories the new hearts belong to those respective identities. Ansem the Wise hid data within Sora during his one year slumber that is the key to restoring those existence. For all those hearts appeared to have sough refuge within Sora.

Namine could be included into that to. Also Ansem also makes an implication that Terra and Aqua may also have connections within Sora's heart.

Sora was born with the the qualities necessary to wield the Keyblade he was not given the ability by Ventus. In the scene in which Riku left Destiny Island the darkness that was swallowing him came from within his heart. When Sora attempted to help him he touched also touched the light within Riku's heart. As Riku's heart called forth the Keyblade it sensed what happened to his heart and it recognized Sora as having the necessary qualities of the a wielder. As such Sora was able to pull the Keyblade from Riku's heart.

Ven's heart was still gravely injured during KH1 and as such it stayed with Sora's body which was reborn as Roxas the Nobody. This why Roxas looks like Ventus and not Sora.

When Sora became a Heartless Kairi used her abilities as a Princess of Heart to purify his form. This removed the darkness that was holding his heart captive and gave him a shell like existence. Because the heart shapes the vessel it caused the shell to appear as Sora had before he split himself. So Sora indeed is a walking heart.

Roxas can dual wield because he wields both Sora and Ventus' Keyblades. Upon Roxas' birth Ven's heart was still gravely injured and as such had no influence over Roxas bar his appearance. Roxas was pretty much a clean slate and as Sora's nobody he could summon and use Sora's Keyblade.  Throughout the beginning of Roxas' existence he and Sora were sharing Sora's Keyblade. Roxas however interacted with the light and other hearts of the worlds he explored. He made connections with others whether indirect or direct which would spur him to grow his own heart. As Roxas' heart grew and was nurtured the emotions and feeling would also nurture Ven's. When Roxas absorbed Xion the trauma was so powerful that it woke Ven's heart and allowed Roxas access to Ven's Keyblade. Remember Xion's Keyblade was not real it was a copy of the real one. It was able to function as a real Keyblade because Xion was siphoning Roxas' power. When Roxas grew too strong Xion was unable to copy his abilities.

Yes Roxas and Xion forged their own identities during their existence. In tandem with their interactions in other worlds they were able to nurture their own hearts to grow the same could be said for Namine(Through her interactions with Roxas, and Kairi). lBecause of the fact that they forged their own identities and memories the new hearts belong to those respective identities. Ansem the Wise hid data within Sora during his one year slumber that is the key to restoring those existence. For all those hearts appeared to have sough refuge within Sora.

Namine could be included into that to. Also Ansem also makes an implication that Terra and Aqua may also have connections within Sora's heart.

This^^^ I would also like to add that since hearts in KH are made from memories, experiences, and connections etc etc - Axel's new grown heart prolly merged into Lea's as one heart ..adding those experiences, memories, and connections to his previously made ones