Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Concept art for Disney's cancelled iOS/Android Kingdom Hearts game revealed, including Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, Tangled & Star Wars worlds

Yesterday, we discovered that Disney was developing a Kingdom Hearts title for iOS and Android in 2013 called Kingdom Hearts: Fragmented Keys, which has since been cancelled. Today, we've found out via Philip Cruden's LinkedIn page that the company Go For Launch Productions, also known as GFL Animation Studios, were in charge of creating locations and character designs for Disney Interactive's upcoming Kingdom Hearts online game between September 2011 and March 2013.

The official website for GFL Animation Studios has two pages about their work for Disney Interactive and Kingdom Hearts, and these pages contain a huge amount of information, as well as over 100 pieces of concept art for the cancelled title. The two pages are titled "Disney Kingdom Hearts" and "Kingdom Hearts App Game", and together seem to show a very rough, initial concept for GFL's vision of Disney Interactive's Kingdom Hearts game.

The game was to have "several Kingdom Hearts heroes" (these seem to be original characters) transported to Disney worlds through a Grand Central like station, where they would join forces with the heroes of those worlds in battle arenas to defeat their enemies. These worlds included ones based on Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Snow White, Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Lilo and Stitch, Star Wars, Tron and Tangled, all represented in the concept art for the game. An original town was also created called "New Town". All concept art can be seen below, originally sourced from the GFL Animation Studios website.

- Original concept art

- Game Hubs concept art

- Aladdin concept art

- Alice in Wonderland concept art

- Peter Pan concept art

- Snow White concept art

- New Town concept art

- Wreck It Ralph concept art

- Frozen concept art

- Lilo & Stitch concept art

- Star Wars concept art

- Tron concept art

- Tangled concept art

It is unclear if all of these worlds made it past the concept/design stage that GFL Animation Studios were working on, but it is clear that Disney Interactive were working with GFL on this concept art for their upcoming Kingdom Hearts app, and that game designers and Disney executives from both the United States and Japan were all involved.

Here are the full descriptions for the concept art:

The concepts for this game was to have several Kingdom Hearts heroes transported to the worlds of our favorite Disney Characters. Traveling through a Grand Central like station our heroes could visit any Disney world of their choosing and join forces with the heroes of those worlds to defeat their enemies. Below is a collection of concept and game play design work. We also created “World Tour” video that introduced the Kingdom Hearts characters to the Disney worlds and culminated in a game play simulation battle on the rooftops of Peter Pan’s London, England. The video formed a large part of a video presentation given to Disney US and Disney Japan executives.

Go For Launch Productions, in association with CgMations in Ireland, designed numerous characters and sets for Disney’s new Kingdom Hearts game. The concept was simple; bring the beloved Kingdom Hearts’ characters into the iconic worlds of Disney. The characters of Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Lilo and Stitch, Star Wars, Tron, Tangled and more, were all to do battle with the Kingdom Hearts heroes against epic foes! On this project we re-imagined the classic Disney worlds as game play battle arenas and worked with the game designers to create fun and challenging game play scenarios.

[Here] is a selection of concept and game play design work.

Update: We've got twenty more concept art images showing battles on London rooftops, most likely from Neverland. You can view them here. Thanks go to KH13 member Roxasman1231 for the tip.

Click here to view the article

Well great, now Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Lilo and Stitch, and Tangled will never be in a Kingdom Hearts game, because they probably won't go back to these worlds after they got cancelled the first time. :( I'm very disappointed!

Well great, now Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Lilo and Stitch, and Tangled will never be in a Kingdom Hearts game, because they probably won't go back to these worlds after they got cancelled the first time. :( I'm very disappointed!

...Thats very untrue.... for example they wanted Pride lands to be in KHI but they didn't have the time to work Sora's lion animation so they shifted it to II, the same goes for Disney Castle.

Well those concept arts actually look pretty good, even those star wars ones, this looked like it was going to be an interesting game, I probably would've played it since it was going to be free and all and the design for those original characters look pretty cool, although the male one looks to much like Sora, the girl one is pretty cool

This really could have been interesting. The possibilities really started ringing in my head as I looked through each piece of concept art. The Lilo and Stitch, Tron Uprising, and Star Wars concepts looked the most interesting to me. Although I did find it strange that they were using Prequel Trilogy characters to fill in the space for what appears to be an Original Trilogy inspired concept for the world. Whether this would have been a success or not I can't say, but I know one thing for sure, I'd definitely like to see some or all of these worlds incorporated into Kingdom Hearts III. <3

I'm sorry, but this whole post is fake. There is no way Square Enix and Disney let this "GFL Animations Studios" work with Kingdom Hearts. Not even sure if its real. Their website is so cheap and looks incredibly, blantantly unprofessional. This is how rumors start. Please don't share this fake concept art and rumored worlds as if its actually officials.

I'm sorry, but this whole post is fake. There is no way Square Enix and Disney let this "GFL Animations Studios" work with Kingdom Hearts. Not even sure if its real. Their website is so cheap and looks incredibly, blantantly unprofessional. This is how rumors start. Please don't share this fake concept art and rumored worlds as if its actually officials.

I highly doubt this is fake dude. DC is the creator of this site and he wouldn't just post random bullcrap until he knows that it's true. This entire post wouldn't be fake either, because it's true that this Fragmented Keys app was supposed to be released.

Posted Image

Iiiiiiii'm...going to remain skeptical at best. Really, as far as a KH game made for a mobile phone system without working with either Nomura or Square Enix, this could go either way for me. It would make a lot of sense if it was fake, but at the same time I could buy this all being official sub-quality concept art for a less than stellar idea.

Iiiiiiii'm...going to remain skeptical at best. Really, as far as a KH game made for a mobile phone system without working with either Nomura or Square Enix, this could go either way for me. It would make a lot of sense if it was fake, but at the same time I could buy this all being official sub-quality concept art for a less than stellar idea.

I don't see how you can remain skeptical at this because it looks bad when we have Kingdom Hearts x. Disney usually sometimes make their own little thing, I guess that why.

I highly doubt this is fake dude. DC is the creator of this site and he wouldn't just post random bullcrap until he knows that it's true. This entire post wouldn't be fake either, because it's true that this Fragmented Keys app was supposed to be released.Posted Image

I'm actually surprised at how everyone has been swept away by these rumours without doing any research. But even so, a lot of people are believing it. So I understand why the creator of this site would feel the same in doing so. Especially because they might feel obligated to report whatever findings (whether researched or not) by being said creator. In any case, as for Fragmented Keys being real, I hadnt questioned that myself until now. Now that I think about it and have done a bit of surfing for reliable sources, I can't find anything substantial to prove its actual existence.

if no one else will say it i will....these graphics are terrible , Disney leave kingdom hearts to nomura and square Posted Image

Bwahahaha this pic made my day. I mean seriously wtf? Rofl.

I don't see how you can remain skeptical at this because it looks bad when we have Kingdom Hearts x. Disney usually sometimes make their own little thing, I guess that why.

I can because while it could easily be fake, it could also be a legitimately terrible game concept that was once again going to be developed without any assistance from Nomura or Square. It really feels like it could be either one for me.

Plus, if I remain a neutral skeptic prick, then I'll always be right. >X)

I love how poeple are bitching about how bad the concept art for a cancelled game looks. Yeah, it's funny how something that was barely worked on then dropped 2 years ago looks like shit, huh?

Also, the Star Wars art looks like it shows Clone Wars versions of the characters, which makes me IMMENSELY glad this game didn't get made.

Plus, if I remain a neutral skeptic prick, then I'll always be right. >X)

I've never agreed with anything you've said more than this. :)

Edited by Shana09

I'm skeptical this is real, here's why: Frozen is mentioned in the list of worlds. However, the game was in concept art until it was canceled in March 2013. Frozen wasn't released 'till November that year. I don't think this is real anymore.

After viewing the art, I further do not believe this to be true. A lot of the "concept art" features renders from the other games simply posed in the sketches (see Genie and the Seven Dwarves, for example). Not to mention, this company doesn't exist outside this "website" (which is actually a blog). Nope, this is very much looking to be fake.