Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Concept art for Disney's cancelled iOS/Android Kingdom Hearts game revealed, including Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, Tangled & Star Wars worlds

Yikes.....brag much?

Anyhoo, this is only one mere example of American concept art. There are many, many, American artists who make fantastic material, so generalizing them all is a little unfair. Sure, this style my not be your taste, or "good" to you, But saying that their art is on par with a child's is a bit rude. If anything, it has the feel of some of the old Disney show cartoons.

What I wanna know is why are half of the Disney characters in the concept art CGI from other KH games and only some of them have shadows when others don't lol. Plus why multiples of those characters. Lol the Aladdin concept arts

And there's two Jasmines and that girl character riding the carpet; one in the front, and one to the left in the background. I don't think an actual game company would make such silly mistakes like that.

Lol did you see the double Genies and Carpets in the first Aladdin image? Plus the fact those and Jafar are not only copy-pasted CGI from the KH games and have no shadows yet all other characters do?

Where is the Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Tangled, etc concepts linked? Cause they're not on GFL's site.

EDIT: Ah nevermind you have to change the page as it doesn't click next. Although odd that the title for it changes suddenly when you switch pages.

What I wanna know is why are half of the Disney characters in the concept art CGI from other KH games and only some of them have shadows when others don't lol. Plus why multiples of those characters. Lol the Aladdin concept arts

What about that station of awakening picture from one of the concepts? It looks like deviantart stuff.

What I wanna know is why are half of the Disney characters in the concept art CGI from other KH games and only some of them have shadows when others don't lol. Plus why multiples of those characters. Lol the Aladdin concept arts

Everyone is making fun of the double characters, but that's incredibly common in concept art, because it's to show perspective in the background. Notice every character that's doubled is not the same size.

When someone makes concept art and sends it off to whoever will render the bg in 3D, it helps them understand how the sizing will work.

A little late to this (3 years late) but all this stuff was actual concept for a game. I know because I worked on this game. The reason the game was cancelled was because the budget was ballooning and Disney ended up axing all of their in-house studios (or almost all) with the intention of out-sourcing mobile games. The budget issue happened because what started as a single mobile game split into two mobile games, one for Internet browser that would play like a classic multi-player brawler with special moves and loot, and the other was a single-player touch-based mobile game. I'll admit that some of the artwork doesn't look so hot because the art teams involved were very understaffed and needed to produce unrealistic amounts of artwork. Many of the concept artists were also tasked with building the actual, in-game 3d environments. There was simply not enough time to support that. Multiple demos for both mobile games still exist and some of them, the later more polished ones, are very, very fun.