Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AndrewHankinson

Kingdom Hearts: The Novel has released in English

As of yesterday (March 24, 2015), Yen Press (a United States-based localisation company for Japanese manga and novels) have released Kingdom Hearts: The Novel translated in English. It is 300 pages long at a size of 5-1/2″ x 8-1/4″ and is a translated compilation of the first two Japanese Kingdom Hearts novels, “The First Door” and “Darkness Within”.

Posted Image

It is written by Tomoco Kanemaki (author behind the KH novel adaptations), the illustrations are by Shiro Amano (artist behind the KH manga adaptions), and the original concept of course is by Tetsuya Numora (director of the Kingdom Hearts series).

Here is the description of the novel from the Kingdom Hearts page on Yen Press:

On the Destiny Islands, three children–Sora, Riku, and Kairi–are living out their peaceful, carefree lives while yearning for whatever lies beyond the great ocean. But one night, an unexpected disaster takes place, and the three are torn from each other and their island home. Meanwhile, at Disney Castle, Donald Duck and the other castle residents are in an uproar upon discovering King Mickey has suddenly gone missing. When fate brings them together, Sora, Donald, and Goofy set out on a grand Disney adventure to find their friends!

We’ve made a list of sites where you can purchase the novel below:

[*]Amazon

[*]Barnes & Nobles

[*]Book Depository

[*]Right Stuf

On top of this release, it was revealed a few months ago by Amazon.com that Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories The Novel will be released in English for the first time on September 22, 2015 (approximately 6 months away). And in the last week we had a fan-art contest to celebrate the release of Kingdom Hearts: The Novel and KH13 user Shyera Schroepfer won a copy with her piece “Imposter” which can be seen below!

Posted Image

Click here to view the article

Oh my God, 300 whole pages of Kingdom Hearts goodness!?  Good lord, I need this book!  It's a good thing I can get it from Amazon!  And Chain Of Memories: The Novel will be releasing in 6 months!?  This is just too awesome!  This will be the start of a beautiful Kingdom Hearts library for me! :')

Edited by Shigehiko

I already got my copy of the book, without me being aware of the release date being on the 24th. I got it Sunday when getting some book on George Washington.

I just wanted to know if Barnes and Noble had some Kingdom Hearts mangas around, and--that's what happen...

I'm still reading one of the chapters, but it's so far pretty good.