Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey there everyone, how's it going!?  So then, I was going to post this topic tomorrow, but I decided to post it now, so here I go! xD

So then, I was talking with RoxasKoala about what could possibly be shown this year regarding Kingdom Hearts III, and as we talked, I suddenly thought of a theory regarding Keyblade Transformations!  And, for said theory, I thought of Lea!

As you all know, Lea got a Keyblade at the end of Dream Drop Distance, and while that's awesome and all, I just love his chakrams!  And so, that's when I thought of this!  Let's say that Lea masters the art of Keyblade transformation.  Think about what that would mean!  Just imagine Lea, summoning his Keyblade for battle, and as he starts fighting hordes of Heartless, a sudden flash of light takes place, and his Keyblade transforms into his two chakrams, and then he goes on a berserk onslaught, and then, he transforms his chakrams back into his Keyblade, and then he finishes the combo with an explosive Firaga spell, or something along those lines!  Doesn't that sound awesome!?

If Nomura is trying to implement Keyblade Transformations for every Keyblade Wielder, I'm sure this is how Lea would more or less work! And well, we already know how Ven, Terra and Aqua work with Keyblade transformations, so all that's left now is to see how Keyblade transformations would work on all the other characters! :D

So then, what do you all think of this? :3

Do Keyblade gliders really count? I mean, they're transformations, but they're primarily vehicles, not outright weapons, like how we've seen Sora suddenly use guns. I dunno, they seem like different animals to me.

That said, it makes sense to give each Keyblade wielder their own unique transformations, especially if there ends up being multiple playable characters. They've always given multiple characters unique moves and abilties before, I see no reason to think they'd stop at KH3.

Why on Earth would Lea need to transform his keyblade into chakrams when we've already seen in DDD that he can summon his chakrams whenever he wants?

Do Keyblade gliders really count? I mean, they're transformations, but they're primarily vehicles, not outright weapons, like how we've seen Sora suddenly use guns. I dunno, they seem like different animals to me.

That said, it makes sense to give each Keyblade wielder their own unique transformations, especially if there ends up being multiple playable characters. They've always given multiple characters unique moves and abilties before, I see no reason to think they'd stop at KH3.

they're totally weapons, BBS has multiple boss battles where you fight using the gliders

Sounds somewhat legit. So what you're saying is that it might be cool if Axel's chakrams could be an intermediate form of his Keyblade from which he can change to and from freely to enhance gameplay right?

This might also explain Riku's 'Soul Eater' bidirectional transition into the 'Way to Dawn'. Since we have yet to see Riku Dual Wield 'Soul Eater' and 'Way to Dawn' simultaneously and many people consider them to be the same entity (one is the spiritual upgrade of the other). It might also explain why a bunch of flowers can transform into a Keyblade/Keychain.

Keyblades really remind me of Zanpakuto from Bleach, they are physical manifestations of the person's heart/spirit/nature and are usually unique for each character.

Why on Earth would Lea need to transform his keyblade into chakrams when we've already seen in DDD that he can summon his chakrams whenever he wants?

they're totally weapons, BBS has multiple boss battles where you fight using the gliders

That's like saying a car is a weapon because people sometimes use them to hit other people. That's not how it works. It's still a vehicle designed primarily for transportation. Keyblade gliders are the same way, designed to replace Gummi Ships, and also for kart racing, because when the Realm of Light is in danger, we have to make time to race our magic go-karts.

Also, it's a video game, Lea getting chakrams for a Keyblade transformation makes more gameplay sense than him being able to use both any time he wants.

That's like saying a car is a weapon because people sometimes use them to hit other people. That's not how it works. It's still a vehicle designed primarily for transportation. Keyblade gliders are the same way, designed to replace Gummi Ships, and also for kart racing, because when the Realm of Light is in danger, we have to make time to race our magic go-karts.

Also, it's a video game, Lea getting chakrams for a Keyblade transformation makes more gameplay sense than him being able to use both any time he wants.

they literally have attack commands though. Aqua can even shoots lasers from hers

going along the same logic, you could say that a keyblade isn't a weapon just becuase you happen to hit someone with it. It's the action that decides, isn't it? An axe can be  weapon, or a tool

they literally have attack commands though. Aqua can even shoots lasers from hers

going along the same logic, you could say that a keyblade isn't a weapon just becuase you happen to hit someone with it. It's the action that decides, isn't it? An axe can be  weapon, or a tool

To a point, yeah. Given that Keyblades are shaped like swords (hell, some of them actually are swords with shit wrapped around them) and how we both know they were designed to fight other Keyblades in the Keyblade War, I think it'd be pretty dumb to suggest otherwise.

Vehicles in real life have attack commands too. They're called "ramming into shit at high speeds". Again, don't mean they're designed for combat. The only reason there is to suspect they're not purely transportation it that Aqua's shoots lasers, which to be fair, she does that without the glider all the time anyway. If I shoot a gun out of a car, that doesn't mean the car is suddenly a weapon.

To a point, yeah. Given that Keyblades are shaped like swords (hell, some of them actually are swords with shit wrapped around them) and how we both know they were designed to fight other Keyblades in the Keyblade War, I think it'd be pretty dumb to suggest otherwise.

Vehicles in real life have attack commands too. They're called "ramming into shit at high speeds". Again, don't mean they're designed for combat. The only reason there is to suspect they're not purely transportation it that Aqua's shoots lasers, which to be fair, she does that without the glider all the time anyway. If I shoot a gun out of a car, that doesn't mean the car is suddenly a weapon.

if your car turns is literally a bow and arrow with jet boostsers, that kinda makes it a weapon, I'd say

I think the most at comparison is combat vehicles

but also, going to the keyblade argument. Sure some keyblades are sword shaped, but some of them are literally shaped like a stick, or ice cream, or something else non-threatening

Also keyblade gliders ARE keyblades, so if keyblades are weapons, what makes them not weapons if they turn into a different form?

if your car turns is literally a bow and arrow with jet boostsers, that kinda makes it a weapon, I'd say

I think the most at comparison is combat vehicles

but also, going to the keyblade argument. Sure some keyblades are sword shaped, but some of them are literally shaped like a stick, or ice cream, or something else non-threatening

Also keyblade gliders ARE keyblades, so if keyblades are weapons, what makes them not weapons if they turn into a different form?

I'm realizing this is one of those things that doesn't really translate well into actual life. "What if my sword suddenly became a surfboard, is it still a sword? It's probably still a sword, right?" doesn't make sense by any real world standards.

Also every Keyblade still has the basic shape of a weapon- handle, handguard, and a "blade". Even weird ones like Sweet Memories or Sweetstack still follow that same build (and really, if you attacked someone with a rigis stack of ice cream, they'd probably still feel threatened at least).

I said this before and I'll say it again:Awesome theory! I hope it happens! :D Come on, Nomura, come on. Come on.Peace!

Haha, thanks!  Yeah, I really hope that something like this happens! :3

Yes, Keyblade Gliders should count as weapons!  They could be Keyblade transformations for Terra, Ven and Aqua!

And yes, every Keyblade Wielder should have the ability to perform Keyblade transformations, like with what I mentioned with Lea.  It would be fun, gameplay wise, and that way you'd be able to switch to your Keyblade's different modes at a whim! :D

True, but remember, gameplay wise, it could be a pretty neat scenario! :3

Sounds somewhat legit. So what you're saying is that it might be cool if Axel's chakrams could be an intermediate form of his Keyblade from which he can change to and from freely to enhance gameplay right?

This might also explain Riku's 'Soul Eater' bidirectional transition into the 'Way to Dawn'. Since we have yet to see Riku Dual Wield 'Soul Eater' and 'Way to Dawn' simultaneously and many people consider them to be the same entity (one is the spiritual upgrade of the other). It might also explain why a bunch of flowers can transform into a Keyblade/Keychain.

Keyblades really remind me of Zanpakuto from Bleach, they are physical manifestations of the person's heart/spirit/nature and are usually unique for each character.

Yes, it would be a unique way to enhance gameplay, and just think of all the possibilities!

And yes, Keyblades do resemble Zanpakuto's a lot! :D

Edited by Shigehiko

This makes me think. Lea's ambition could be to become a Keyblade blacksmith. Yeah, this may sound absurd at first but bear with me.

Lea's element is fire. To be a blacksmith, you need high temperatures of heat to fuse materials together. So, for Lea to stand out as a Keyblade wielder and to be competitively ahead of Sora and Riku, Lea would naturally learn the art of Keyblade blacksmith which in turns provides him with the knowledge of Keyblade transformations that the other protagonists may be clueless about. 

This makes me think. Lea's ambition could be to become a Keyblade blacksmith. Yeah, this may sound absurd at first but bear with me.

Lea's element is fire. To be a blacksmith, you need high temperatures of heat to fuse materials together. So, for Lea to stand out as a Keyblade wielder and to be competitively ahead of Sora and Riku, Lea would naturally learn the art of Keyblade blacksmith which in turns provides him with the knowledge of Keyblade transformations that the other protagonists may be clueless about. 

Keyblades are self replicating and can only be used by certain people so it would be a completely useless skill. Also the only people that likely knew how to create keyblades are the 6 Foreteller's and their master and that was thousands/millions of years before the current timeline.

Keyblades are self replicating and can only be used by certain people so it would be a completely useless skill. Also the only people that likely knew how to create keyblades are the 6 Foreteller's and their master and that was thousands/millions of years before the current timeline.

You both pose very interesting points, and well, that's yet another mystery to add regarding the Keyblade! Baymax's theory of Lea becoming a possible blacksmith sounds like a really swell idea!  It's not out of the realm of possibility!  And on the subject of Keyblade forging, while we do know that they appear in response to a person's strong heart, how were they made, and who made them?  Young Xehanort said that out of all the Keyblades in existence, Master Xehanort's is the most ancient, and that cues Hyper-Rushe's stance on how the possible blacksmiths of the Keyblades could have been the Foretellers!  Ah yes, the mysteries of the Keyblade are glorious indeed! :3

Edited by Shigehiko

As you all know, Lea got a Keyblade at the end of Dream Drop Distance, and while that's awesome and all, I just love his chakrams!  And so, that's when I thought of this!  Let's say that Lea masters the art of Keyblade transformation.  Think about what that would mean!  Just imagine Lea, summoning his Keyblade for battle, and as he starts fighting hordes of Heartless, a sudden flash of light takes place, and his Keyblade transforms into his two chakrams, and then he goes on a berserk onslaught, and then, he transforms his chakrams back into his Keyblade, and then he finishes the combo with an explosive Firaga spell, or something along those lines!  Doesn't that sound awesome!?

So then, what do you all think of this? :3

Sounds amazing but it will probably be implemented as a Limit Break when you have Axel in the party.

If we get Axel in the party IF we don't get multiple characters.