Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

Tabata Speaks on Why FFXV has an All Male Party

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/26/final-fantasy-15-director-explains-reason-for-all-male-cast?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

and gives pretty much the worst reason he possibly could

an all-male party feels almost more approachable for players

to give the most natural feeling, to make them feel sincere and honest, having them all the same gender made sense in that way

I don't get why he went back on the original "I want to tell a story about brotherhood" for this ridiculous excuse

This is in the same tier as "women are too hard to animate"

Oh no no no, he shouldn't have said that... He should NOT have said that!

R.I.P Mr. Tabata, you will be missed... :C

Edit: GOD DAMN Kotaku will rip him to shreds. I feel so sad for him right now.....

Edited by Sorarocks93

I really don't care about there being an all male party, I like them, they're cool. I like playing as male characters just as much as playing as female ones

But Tabata firetrucked up bad. Real bad. He basically said women weren't honest and sincere, a feminist geshia's gonna stick her parasol up his ass now

If anything it might make it more popular not less approachable, because of feminists who only buy games with at least one chick in it and otaku guys who like hot chicks in their rpgs lol.

But seriously, Tabata? Why you gotta go there? Now you're probably gonna get fired for making the company look bad after the internet gangbangs you

Edited by KittensOnFire

Honestly, I don't mind who's in the Party in a Final Fantasy Game. 

But god damn it, Tabata could have worded that just a little bit better, you know?

Now Kotaku's going to have a field day and he's going to be harassed by Feminists and "Feminists". (You'll know the difference.)

Poor thing... 

........ he could have worded that better. to be ohnest, i think if a game has both genders it makes it more approachable but apparently tabata thinks the opposite :/ man dude. i feel kinda bad for you because of all the hate you will enevitably get. (whether its deserved or not) im not gonna hate but i dont think that was anywhere close to a valid reason. i wouldent think so if he just said "i just wanted them to be males because thats how i see the game best" because thats his artistic choice. (and i would never expect an artistic choice to be manditoraly "politically correct") but making the game approachable..... rly? i wouldent be bafled if it worent for me thinking the opposite. im not mad but i do think that is a bad reason. i'm not rly really mad tho. more of dissapointed with his reason. i thought all the games (even with females) all felt natural. either way, i look forward to the game and am enjoying the demo! :D

im just scared of the feminist freaquency / tropes vs women video that might come capitalizing on this and getting the attention of "feminists" as superior kunivas puts it. -_-

Edited by Sorual

I really don't care about there being an all male party, I like them, they're cool. I like playing as male characters just as much as playing as female ones But Tabata firetrucked up bad. Real bad. He basically said women weren't honest and sincere, a feminist geshia's gonna stick her parasol up his ass now If anything it might make it more popular not less approachable, because of feminists who only buy games with at least one chick in it and otaku guys who like hot chicks in their rpgs lol. But seriously, Tabata? Why you gotta go there? Now you're probably gonna get fired for making the company look bad after the internet gangbangs you

I think he just meant that men act more honest and natural around each other than they do with women around because they're not trying to get da poosy. Which is pretty true...

I really don't care about there being an all male party, I like them, they're cool. I like playing as male characters just as much as playing as female ones

But Tabata firetrucked up bad. Real bad. He basically said women weren't honest and sincere, a feminist geshia's gonna stick her parasol up his ass now

If anything it might make it more popular not less approachable, because of feminists who only buy games with at least one chick in it and otaku guys who like hot chicks in their rpgs lol.

But seriously, Tabata? Why you gotta go there? Now you're probably gonna get fired for making the company look bad after the internet gangbangs you

Wish I could like this more than once. I mean, he won't be in trouble because he lives in Japan and they don't have that stuff. But damn. The rage from all the articles that are going to appear all over the place is just... /sigh

Nope, it can't really be called a main numbered title if it doesn't have a equal balance of both male and female characters to play as.

that's not true look at 10-2 , they were all females :/ Edited by liamaru

that's not true look at 10-2 they were all females :/

Yeah but remember, X-2 isn't apart of the main series, which needs to be diverse in characterization, other-wise it won't appeal to both of the Gender markets.

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000

Seems like his main point was simply to reinforce a non-superficial way of how characters act around each other, and that a group of men would act differently, and more openly with each other than if there was a women in the group, which seems to be less an insult on women and more an analysis of how people of different genders interact with each other as opposed to people of the same gender.

The titling is a bit worrisome, but often that comes down to the Japanese-English translation, not nessecarily the way the speaker was talking about, as far as his core point goes, I think he's got somewhat of a point. The same would apply to all-female cast I'd say.

Yeah but remember, X-2 isn't apart of the main series, which needs to be diverse in characteraization, other-wise it won't appeal to both of the Gender markets.

i see you're point....but does it really matter? i mean latterin the game we'll have female guest characters that still count's right?

i see you're point....but does it really matter? i mean latterin the game we'll have female guest characters that still count's right?

Not really if the fans really want another Tifa and/or another Yuna like Female character to appear in XV, in other-words, a Female character that can touch the fans' hearts in a way.

Not really if the fans really want another Tifa and/or another Yuna like Female character to appear in XV, in other-words, a Female character that can touch the fans' hearts in a way.

another tifa? we already have enough tifa , renoa , lady garnet/dagger .etc in truth i liked aerith WAAAYY better but that's just me

Wish I could like this more than once. I mean, he won't be in trouble because he lives in Japan and they don't have that stuff. But damn. The rage from all the articles that are going to appear all over the place is just... /sigh

They do. You don't think japan has feminists? Nationality is irrelevant to what people follow or whatever

It's just CONSIDERABLY more toned down and the issues are handled differently 

Besides, it was just a silly little joke ;P

Edited by KittensOnFire

Nope, it can't really be called a main numbered title if it doesn't have a equal balance of both male and female characters to play as.

Well, it wasn't originally going to be a numbered title, remember? Why should they have to shoehorn in a token female character (because that's what she would be if she hadn't been panned on from the beginning) just because the game was rebranded?

I think he just meant that men act more honest and natural around each other than they do with women around because they're not trying to get da poosy. Which is pretty true...

Seems like his main point was simply to reinforce a non-superficial way of how characters act around each other, and that a group of men would act differently, and more openly with each other than if there was a women in the group, which seems to be less an insult on women and more an analysis of how people of different genders interact with each other as opposed to people of the same gender.

The titling is a bit worrisome, but often that comes down to the Japanese-English translation, not nessecarily the way the speaker was talking about, as far as his core point goes, I think he's got somewhat of a point. The same would apply to all-female cast I'd say.

After playing the demo, I can attest that this is 100% true, whenever Cid was around, Gladiolus and Prompto immediately started flirting with her and acted differently than they did when it was just the guys.  It's especially noticeable with Gladio as he's a lot smoother with her than the rough way he speaks to Noctis. (It crushed me when Glad started up as he's my big crush from this game, not saying that he had to be painted as gay, jut that I wish he hadn't shown interest in anyone so I could imagine)Speaking of Cid, I'm surprised that the feminazi's (I refuse to legitimize them as true feminists, even the quotations aren't enough) didn't get on them for the way she dresses, because apparently hot chicks aren't allowed to show off their bodies without it being objectification. Never mind that she knows she gets hit on all that time and just shrugs it off, she's clearly confidant and thus dresses that way because she wants to, but this isn't about that so I'll stop now.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

another tifa? we already have enough tifa , renoa , lady garnet/dagger .etc in truth i liked aerith WAAAYY better but that's just me

Anyways, what I mean is that the cast should be of both Male and Female, other-wise, it'll just be one side of a Gender talking about stuff they know whereas getting both sides of Gender together, will variety be included amongst the conversations and gameplay actions, what I mean is basically, a game should have a mixed cast of both Male and Female in it to give the characters more interactions with one another then they might just get with only one side of a Gender.

Depends on who you ask, really. :/ Some guys would agree, others not, possibly because they have platonic female friends ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by KittensOnFire

True. But you know how the internet takes stuff

inb4 tumblr rants about this incoming

Edited by KittensOnFire

They do. You don't think japan has feminists? Nationality is irrelevant to what people follow or whatever

It's just CONSIDERABLY more toned down and the issues are handled differently 

Besides, it was just a silly little joke ;P

Feminists who want equality? Sure.

Tumblr feminazis? I really doubt that.

Well, it wasn't originally going to be a numbered title, remember? Why should they have to shoehorn in a token female character (because that's what she would be if she hadn't been panned on from the beginning) just because the game was rebranded?  After playing the demo, I can attest that this is 100% true, whenever Cid was around Gladiolus and Prompto immediately started flirting with her and acted differently than they did when it was just the guys.  It's especially noticeable with Gladio as he's a lot smoother with her than the rough way he speaks to Noctis. (It crushed me when Glad started up as he's my big crush from this game, not saying that he had to be painted as gay, jut that I wish he hadn't shown interest in anyone so I could imagine)Speaking of Cid, I'm surprised that the feminazi's (I refuse to legitimize them as true feminists, even the quotations aren't enough) didn't get on them for the way she dresses, because apparently hot chicks aren't allowed to show off their bodies without it being objectification. Never mind that she knows she get's hit on all that time and just shrugs it off, She's clearly confidant and thus dresses that way beaus she wants to, but this isn't about that so I'll stop now.

It's because it's been re-branded as a main numbered title that I feel it should include more into it to give it the feel of being a main numbered title, like all the other titles did beforehand.