Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KeybladeLordCheeseCurd

"It's okay to complain!"

It is way, way too easy for other people to put you into a bad mood.

I'm gonna say something that may surprise you: I can be in a foul mood and still find it in me to make posts the way I would if I was in a good or even a neutral mood. Because I know that some things just aren't worth publicly complaining about. It doesn't even matter what I'm in a bad mood about. Sometimes it won't help myself or anyone to dwell on it. The more I draw attention to it, by thinking about it or letting others know about it, the more I'll think about it. The more I think about it, the madder I'll get, and I wind up sabotaging my own mood when things could've been easier to just let it drop.

Complaining as a principle is fine. Everyone should vent sometimes. The problem here is what you're complaining about and the frequency you do it. People are giving you a hard time because the things you're complaining about -- usually stupid Youtubers who shit on what you enjoy -- are NO BIG DEAL. They're things that are usually 1) easily ignored, and 2) are really better left to die out. Fire needs fuel to burn. Eventually it'll run out and the fire is gone. Dwelling on the things that piss you off is just fueling that fire, and it's putting you into a bad mood and annoying everyone. How do you watch the wrong video? If you see a video titled "Here's why Kingdom Hearts sucks and why the people who enjoy Kingdom Hearts suck," why do you click on it? The title alone should warn you that what's in that video is not going to make you happy. You can anticipate the bad mood it'll put you in and not click it... but you do anyway, because, I dunno. That's why people are getting annoyed at you. You could have easily just turned the other way and continue with your life, but you insisted on watching what you know you wouldn't like. Seriously, how many times can you click on a wrong video by accident? You do realize your Youtube recommended videos feed keeps track of that, and will only stop putting stupid videos on your feed when you stop clicking them, right?

I mean, it sounds like you keep putting the responsibility on other people to regulate your own mood. You watched the wrong video, and you blamed the person who made it and Youtube for supplying it. Your family said the wrong thing, and it's their fault you lose control over what posts you make. Even by claiming to leave the site, you're not really solving the problem. Your poor coping methods against negativity is going to follow you wherever you go, and it's going to cause you problems. You are able to influence how you react to something. You can't keep putting the blame on people for doing bad things in the first place, because you can't control that.

There are many many nice people on this site. A good number are perfectly willing to help people who need it. But you can't keep pushing your luck like this. You can't keep complaining about things that, ultimately, can be solved by your own actions.

It is way, way too easy for other people to put you into a bad mood.

I'm gonna say something that may surprise you: I can be in a foul mood and still find it in me to make posts the way I would if I was in a good or even a neutral mood. Because I know that some things just aren't worth publicly complaining about. It doesn't even matter what I'm in a bad mood about. Sometimes it won't help myself or anyone to dwell on it. The more I draw attention to it, by thinking about it or letting others know about it, the more I'll think about it. The more I think about it, the madder I'll get, and I wind up sabotaging my own mood when things could've been easier to just let it drop.

Complaining as a principle is fine. Everyone should vent sometimes. The problem here is what you're complaining about and the frequency you do it. People are giving you a hard time because the things you're complaining about -- usually stupid Youtubers who shit on what you enjoy -- are NO BIG DEAL. They're things that are usually 1) easily ignored, and 2) are really better left to die out. Fire needs fuel to burn. Eventually it'll run out and the fire is gone. Dwelling on the things that piss you off is just fueling that fire, and it's putting you into a bad mood and annoying everyone. How do you watch the wrong video? If you see a video titled "Here's why Kingdom Hearts sucks and why the people who enjoy Kingdom Hearts suck," why do you click on it? The title alone should warn you that what's in that video is not going to make you happy. You can anticipate the bad mood it'll put you in and not click it... but you do anyway, because, I dunno. That's why people are getting annoyed at you. You could have easily just turned the other way and continue with your life, but you insisted on watching what you know you wouldn't like. Seriously, how many times can you click on a wrong video by accident? You do realize your Youtube recommended videos feed keeps track of that, and will only stop putting stupid videos on your feed when you stop clicking them, right?

I mean, it sounds like you keep putting the responsibility on other people to regulate your own mood. You watched the wrong video, and you blamed the person who made it and Youtube for supplying it. Your family said the wrong thing, and it's their fault you lose control over what posts you make. Even by claiming to leave the site, you're not really solving the problem. Your poor coping methods against negativity is going to follow you wherever you go, and it's going to cause you problems. You are able to influence how you react to something. You can't keep putting the blame on people for doing bad things in the first place, because you can't control that.

There are many many nice people on this site. A good number are perfectly willing to help people who need it. But you can't keep pushing your luck like this. You can't keep complaining about things that, ultimately, can be solved by your own actions.

I know. I'm moving on now...

I know. I'm moving on now...

I don't want to discourage you, but you said that last time but nothing really changed. If you're truly going to move on, you need to demonstrate it through your behavior. That means you won't cause a scene, you won't make a spectacle complaining about something that really shouldn't be a big deal, you won't feel bad and threaten to leave the site, none of that. You're going to be a part of the community and discuss stuff and not spread negativity all the time. Do we have a deal?

I don't want to discourage you, but you said that last time but nothing really changed. If you're truly going to move on, you need to demonstrate it through your behavior. That means you won't cause a scene, you won't make a spectacle complaining about something that really shouldn't be a big deal, you won't feel bad and threaten to leave the site, none of that. You're going to be a part of the community and discuss stuff and not spread negativity all the time. Do we have a deal?

Deal.

In the same way people are saying you could just not view the things that annoy you, if they're annoyed by your complaints couldn't they not view your topics... 

Complaining is fine, but if you do it too much, it's going to aggravate people.  Those people, however, should not be saying things like "Don't you have anything better to do?"  If they're bothering you too much, just ignore them.