Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

On a nearby rooftop, Wolfgang stood there watching the scene closely. He could make out Giotto and another man talking. He teleported a bit closer to get a better look.

"He's with the Skulls..." Wolfgang said, taking in a deep breath. He thought about teleporting up there, but realized it was probably a bad idea.

"Say no..." Wolfgang uttered to himself. The Skulls were bad news. He just hoped that Giotto won't accept the offer.

Giotto felt his blood run cold. The one that helped them out all along was a Skull member? He dropped the Skull shaped pin, backing against the railing. "You're one of them." Giotto whispered. "You killed them. All of them! They went missing and..." "And being taken to your daddy's tower is any different?" Hansel asked. He leaned closer to Giotto, forcing him to press even further against the railing. "I know I know. I'm sorry that we hurt a few people. But here's the thing; only the strongest can survive. If you can't be with us you're against us and causing trouble for our goals. So you're eliminated. At least we the bodies back. Where does your dad take the bodies of those he captures?" Hansel asked. As expected there was no answer. Just shock. Hansel sighed. "It's fine. If you don't want to join, you don't have to. I won't bother you with it." Hansel said as he picked up his pin. "However, keep it quiet from Jesse, ok? That kid has a bright future in our plans, and you'll of course go along with it unless you don't like mutants. Now you will keep quiet...or the girl gets it." Hansel threatened. That's when he broke. No one threatened Mimi. He charged at Hansel and the two grabbed each other's arms, fighting for dominance. "Don't you DARE! I swear if you do-!" "Do what? Call daddy? Your power is useless without a host." Hansel kicked Giotto, his back slamming against the railing. Before he could stand Hansel had his foot pressed against his head as it pressed the neck against the railing behind at a rather risky angle. "We like you, kid. Your dad is taking away our competition and you will inherit it all in the end. We'll keep you alive, and when the time comes for your coronation, we'll have a puppet to pull the strings on. Not like you can do anything else about it...you're powerless." Hansel laughed. He slowly let go and shrugged. "My time is up..." He waved. "Bye~" And like that, he vanished. Giotto simply sat there, wanting to scream of how wrong he was...but he was right. Everything he said was right. His only worth was his influence and the power he would inherit. Besides that he was useless in a fight to defend himself. His powers would be useless if he didn't have technology with him. He walked back home after a few hours, simply realizing that there was no changing the fact; he was utterly powerless.

Wolfgang watched the entire scene. He wasn't sure exactly of what was going on, but he knew enough. With a soft sigh, he decided to follow Giotto. At first, he was just going to make sure Giotto got home safe. But after a while of just watching Giotto walk along in utter sadness, Wolfgang knew he had to do something. With a frown he teleported right next to him and began to walk along.

"You don't really believe that guy... Do you?" Wolfgang asked, walking forward along with his brown sandals and his hands in his pockets. "You're not powerless. I've seen what you can do. You can do a lot of good things."

Giotto looked up at Wolfgang. Was he looking and hearing all along? For once Giotto felt like keeping quiet, but Wolfgang's comment prompted him otherwise. "I guess I'm not fully powerless. I managed to do what I just did. But it all depends on what I am powerless on. Sure I can highjack a signal...but I can't fight for the sake of saving my life. Now I have so many people I want to protect but I can't possibly protect them as I intend to because I'm only a child." Giotto sighed. "This city is broken. One part wants for mutants to reign over humans, another for humans to reign over mutants, and then there are the people in between who just want to survive. It is inevitable for all these factions to one day clash and create a war that no one wants for it to happen, yet there are only so many people out there doing things to prevent it. Including me. A child who clearly has bigger ambitions than what he knows he is capable of. Though not powerless in one sense I'm powerless in another, which I guess will eventually have to be fixed by someone other than me." Giotto murmured. He was merely a child but could see how the events were all culminating into what could possibly end up being devastating for the city and those he holds dear. "But I guess I can't give up. The least I could do is investigate further and see how things go as they happen. Hopefully nothing to be too big for no one to handle." Giotto smiled. By the time they stopped walking, they had walked all the way to the Gold District and stood right in front of Giotto's home. "Thank you for walking me home and talking to me. I feel less guilty. You should get home before it's too late too...I'll find a way to deal with Hansel. I can't let him get into my head like that either." Giotto said smiling sheepishly. He waved good night at Wolfgang, and walked up the stairs, where he used his powers to unlock the electronic secured door without setting off the alarm, and entering the home. Tomorrow would be another long day.

Wolfgang walked along and listened. If there was one thing about Wolfgang, it was that he listened. It one of the reasons why often most people opened up to him. He listened. He never judged either. Once they got to the house, Wolfgang sighed softly as he watched Giotto use his powers once more to enter his house.

"You're welcome..." Wolfgang uttered softly. "Just know that you don't have to do anything alone." With that, he teleported away. He wasn't expecting to encounter Giotto again, but hey, this was a small city. Who knows what could happen in the future.

-NEXT DAY-

The next day Giotto woke up feeling dreadful, but who wouldn't after yesterday's encounter. As expected his father was outraged over yesterday's stunt, which he was clueless about that his own son was responsible for. After grumbling of how he would have to 'move up the schedule' for something, he left off for work as usual. "What are your plans for today?" Sebastian asked. Giotto glanced down at his phone and pursed his lips. "Sebastian. How much I have in my birthday account?" Giotto asked innocently. "You know it's torture for me to spell out that many zeros." Sebastian joked. Giotto glanced down at the black and golden card and shrugged. He called up Jesse on his cellphone. "Hey Jesse, do you and Johnny have free time today? Or at least you and Mimi? How about some early Christmas shopping? My treat."

Jesse picked up the phone with a low grumble and a small yawn. It was clearly evident Jesse was sleeping, which is what he always did when he wasn't running around outside. Traveling through the city was great and all, but lazy sleep days were amazing too.

"Ugh... What?" Jesse asked, blinking his eyes awake as he shifted from under the blanket on the floor. Mimi was playing with her toy in her crib and Johnny was in the bathroom.

"Oh... That's a firetrucking awesome idea. Johnny actually has that interview today with the kid's family so he wanted me to babysit Mimi anyway. Oh man, I've never seen Johnny this excited since... I don't know when. Since the last time he had a boner or something I don't know. He's so happy to get another job it's scary. He took all his vacation days last week so he didn't have to come into the factory at all this week. Now he can just quit."

Giotto smiled. Johnny was always so hardworking to make sure they were taken cared of, and was a much better father figure than most adults out there. To hear that he was so excited for this new job was actually kind of cute. "Alright. I'll meet you at your house and we can walk over. We can get him some presents ready while he's distracted with the interview. And Mimi more dressed. And you...well whatever you really like." Giotto chuckled, jumping onto his feet as he fixed up his shoes. "I'll meet you there soon." With that Giotto hung up. "Be careful out there. Watch out for cars and squirrels." Sebastian hummed. "I will." Giotto insisted as he pulled up his jacket. Winter was arriving, and they all needed to get ready for the cold and the upcoming holidays. "Bye." Giotto chimed as he walked out and made his way over to Jesse's place.

Jesse was already outside with Mimi in her arms. Jesse wore an old red track jacket that Johnny grew out of years ago. Mimi however wore a little pink jacket that was donated.

"Hopefully now Mimi won't have to wear donated s***..." Jesse uttered, making sure the curse word was inaudible by his little sister. Jesse utterly hated Mimi having to wear anything that was donated or bought from the thrift store. It made him feel like he couldn't take good care of her. Jesse honestly couldn't care less however if he himself had to wear donated anything. Actually, all the clothes he owned were donated or handed down from Johnny. Jesse owned three pairs of shirts, four jeans and one pair of sneakers. And they were all worn or from the years of use.

Giotto hurried over to Jesse's place, finding him outside already with Miming. He wore a biker style leather jacket zipped up. The moment he saw Mimi, his day became 100% brighter. "Hey Jesse. Hey Mimi~" Giotto cooed as he gave her a kiss on the head and on the cheek. "You guys ready? Need to prepare for when the snow starts to fall. This Christmas is going to be freezing!" Giotto laughed. Winter time was always nice. As cold as it was whenever it snowed it was the one time children from all layers got to have fun together. "Lets go to the Silver Layer mall. They have lots of stores with clothes for Mimi."Giotto suggested, the three heading over to it. Mentally he wondered if he should tell Jesse about the encounter with Hansel. It would be telling Jesse the truth, but also probably unleashing some sort of hell and trouble along the way. The thought of what Hansel said about his dad wouldn't leave him alone either. What was the tower really about? They finally reached the mall, the place as busy as ever. Families and people from all ages walking around and enjoying their day.

Jesse walked along in silence for a majority of the time, as if he was in deep in thought or something was bothering him. He was looking straight ahead, or at the ground like he was in space. Mimi on the other hand was very squirmish and antsy since she wanted to be held by Giotto. "Goto!" She whined. Once they got there, Jesse looked around as Mimi's eyes beamed with excitement.

"I don't want anything for myself." Jesse immediately said. "Just get Mimi stuff. And Johnny too, I guess..." He didn't want it to sound like an order or anything, but he didn't want to accept any gifts whatsoever. He didn't know how to receive any honestly.

Mimi only continued to whine. "Goto!!!" She just wanted to go right inside.

Giotto gave a small nod at Jesse. “Come on, I know a place where they sell cute clothes that should fit Mimi!” Giotto said as he dragged Jesse along. “You know, after the stunt I did yesterday, I’m starting to wonder who the bigger threat in this city is. Either the Skulls or the Police or the Government. It’s like in one of those spy movies where you can’t trust anyone because they turn out to be the bad guy in the end.” Giotto said, somewhat wanting to hint about Hansel, but still unsure about it. He dragged the two over to a baby store. It was frilly and pastel colored and filled with different decorations like fake balloons and oversized toy blocks. “Mimi’s going to hit a growth sprout sooner or later. We’ll get her some clothes to grow into too.” Giotto said as he began to walk around, picking up a random cute outfit that they had hanged around. “Maybe Mimi and I can teach you how to be more fashionable.” Giotto teased. In truth after yesterday’s adventure he really felt like getting away from both the Gold and the Bronze District. He didn’t want to encounter his father, he didn’t want to encounter Hansel. He just wanted to be with these two and make sure that they were safe.

Edited by Stardustblade358

Jesse followed Giotto along somewhat aimlessly, like he was a little kid following an adult everywhere. He was very consumed by his own thoughts which shocked even himself. Never did he truly let his thoughts distract him from what was going on.

"You kidding?" Jesse said after a while. "They're all bad. Skulls, the government- they're all f****** assholes. The police, maybe not so much but they don't have any balls whatsoever." Jesse quieted down once they got to the store. Jesse signed and look down. "Yeah, coats, sweaters... Whatever..." He uttered.

Mimi on the other hand, was extremely thrilled. She cheered as she say all the colorful clothing and began to reach out to touch everything. "Yayy!!!" She cheered.

Giotto glanced to the side slightly. "Right." Today indeed felt a bit odd. But Mimi way feeling happy, and that helped ease the tension. He picked out a few dresses and outfits, showing them to Mimi to gain her approval on each one. He even went ahead and chose a few pairs of shoes for her, having her try them on to see if they were comfortable and fitted. "Mimi you're like Cinderella!" Giotto smiled, holding a pair of shoes. He got the shoes back in the small box. "Hey Jesse. What if we made our own group of mutants to counter the Skulls?"

Mimi tried each and every shoe gleefully. She also loved every single dress and outfit Giotto picked out. What she didn't like however, was the things Jesse picked out. She would spit her tongue and pout. Currently Mimi cheered once more due to the shoes Giotto picked.

"Cin!!!" Mimi cheered. "Cin!!!"

Meanwhile Jesse sat in a stool next to Mimi as he watched Giotto bring her shoes to try on. He was still in his own little world until Giotto proposed the idea of forming a group.

"...Huh?" Jesse asked, looking to Giotto. "Are you fuc-" he was about to call Giotto an idiot, until he let the idea sink in. "...Make our own group of mutants... Hm... Yknow what? That sound amazing. We won't even have to get that much people because the Skulls are just loads of pu-wussies that have their panties in a knot."

Giotto smiled at the sudden enthusiasm of the idea. "If we have enough people who are willing to form a group to use their powers to protect the innocent from the Skulls, we would be helping tackling down one problem already. We can't allow the police to take care of the problem as badly as they are. The Bronze district is in danger and we have to take care of it as its citizens." Giotto smiled, taking up the clothes and shoes. "Be right back." Giotto hurried over to the cash register, buying the clothes with his birthday card, getting Mimi at least two large bags of clothes and shoes for her to last her through winter and until her next growth sprout. "Alright. Lets walk around, lets see if we can find more stuff for her and some for Johnny." Giotto smiled, carrying the two pink bags happily. As they walked, he couldn't stop thinking about making the group. "A group to counter the Skulls would be great. Then again I already encountered them yesterday right after my stunt."

Jesse thought about the group as well. The idea made him very excited. Yeah... A group that will take out the Skulls once and for all. Sure, the police tried to take them out, but honestly all the police did was take out everyone innocent or not. Many people in the Bronze District we're screwed over to to them. Jesse liked to Giotto, placing his hand on Giotto's shoulder.

"You did good last night hotshot." Jesse commented with a grin. "I bet every rich guy in the city was ripping their hair out when they saw that! The Feds must be going crazy right now."

Giotto chuckled grimly. "Yeah. They are." Giotto assured. "My dad is...extremely angry about it. Of course he doesn't know it was me. If he did I would be dead." Giotto smiled. His father didn't even got angry that Giotto skipped his violin lessons. He was too busy hurrying over to the Tower and barking out orders. It was nice for his anger to be directed at something else for once. Giotto stopped at random men's clothing store. "Hey. Let's get something for Johnny here. I bet he would like a coat for winter." Giotto smiled as he walked in with Jesse. "As for the group of our own, what should we call ourselves?"

Jesse shrugged as he carried Mimi along. A group name to call themselves? That was definitely something to think about.

"I don't know. Anything as long as it doesn't sound stupid." He was going to use more... Expressive words, but Mimi was there. He still had the 'no cursing' rule around Mimi even though sometimes he cursed in front of her anyway. He walked inside the men's store, and looked around. "Maybe you should get him a girly fur coat to make him look like a white pimp." He joked. Johnny honestly hated fur anything, so maybe that wasn't the best idea. "Hm... We need a badass name that's what we need." Oh well, ass wasn't that much of a curse anyway. Mimi yawned softly and stretched in Jesse's arms. She got a whole bunch of clothes, so she was good.

Meanwhile, miles and miles away from Jesse and Giotto rested the Tower which was the tallest building in the entire city. Only a small percentage of the entire population knew what took place in the Tower. Many things... Unspeakable things. Some dared to enter but never came back. However this time... Was different. A guard with long white hair slowly approached the heavily reinforced cell of the man who tried to kill Giotto a small while ago. She knelt down in front of the cell to look at the man.

"Hey..." She whispered softly, looking inside. She made sure no one else was around. "Are you okay?"

Giotto walked around and began to look for something around his size. “I don’t think he would look good in fur. He would look like a walking bear!” Giotto joked as he turned and pulled up a leather jacket. It was heavy enough to protect from the cold yet light enough to be able to wear it around. “I this would look good on him.” Giotto suggested as he tried it on around his shoulders.

The man glanced up from his cell. The cell glowed brightly blue with a special light and machines that kept his powers under control, keeping him from any attempts. The bullet proof glass as thick as a tree trunk separating him from the officer that talked to him. He had bruises and light injuries, including a black eye, yet injuries to say the least, obvious proof that Giotto’s dad had made sure for the man to suffer more than the usual before he was moved further into the tower. Other than that everything else was pure white, as if trying to make up any innocence within the sane part of the tower. The man shrugged. “I’ve been better.” He scoffed, feeling his bruised knuckles. “Guess I kind of deserve being in here, though I would’ve been more content had I cut off that kid’s head in time.” He hissed, shaking his head. He still couldn’t comprehend how a mutant could be defending…him. “Are you here to kick me around? I don’t think its past lunch for that.” He joked. It was a routine. Every day.

Jesse snickered at the imagine in his mind. Johnny as a puffy bear. Now that would look absolutely stupid. A part of him wanted to get the fur coat just so Johnny could look like that. He watched Giotto try on the leather jacket and had to admit- it was a sexy one.

"Damn, if you get Johnny that one he'll wear it during the summer. That jacket looks hella sweet." Mimi giggled and reached out for the jacket so she could hug it like a blanket. "Jak! Jak!"

Meanwhile, the woman hissed as she watched the man in his cell. She was very tempted to do a lot of things to the man... But now she knew what she had to do.

"I'm not here to beat you." She muttered. "I'm here to help you. You deserve a second chance and I'm going to give it to you. I know what it feels like to loose... A little one." She reached into her pocket and slammed a picture on the glass of the wall. It was a picture of a girl with long black hair. "You thought she was dead. But she's not. I will help you find her. But on one condition; you will not- and I mean /NOT/ lay a hand on anyone innocent again. Especially the boy that you tried to kill. If you ever lay a hand on Giotto again I swear I will make sure you will never /ever/ get a chance to see your daughter again. Do you hear me? I'm your only hope so you better do exactly what I tell you to do." Her voice was venomous, and crazed. She meant business.

(The picture that she slammed on the glass;

Posted Image

This is also another picture of what the daughter looks like;

Posted Image

The man stood up from his seat, resting his hands against the glass as his eyes widened, staring down at the picture that he was shown. For a moment the world around him simply went white, and all he could focus on was on the girl who was shown on the photograph. “My baby girl…that is her…?” He whispered, his voice shaking as he tried his best to keep his composure. “She’s alive? She wasn’t terminated? She’s…fine?” The man asked as his lip quivered and a single tear fell down his cheek. “My girl…” He could not understand why this person would help him…and overall why did she care of the son of the one responsible…but if it meant that he could see his daughter again. “I will never lay a hand on a single person ever again. I won’t even think about that red haired child. I’ll do anything! Please take me to her! Please let me see her again!” The man asked, pressing his hands against the glass as if trying to get through. “Where is my daughter?!”

Giotto smiled. “Then I’ll get it for him!” Giotto decided as he went ahead and bought the jacket, having it neatly folded and inside a shopping bag before returning to Jesse. “This is fun. It’s like a puzzle game trying to figure out what people like.” Giotto insisted. “Let’s get something for Beauty and Stiles too. I think Beauty would like some nice clothes to wear. Maybe a dress?” Giotto asked as he walked with Jesse. From time to time he would look over his shoulder, trying to see if Hansel was around. Luckily it didn’t seem so.

The woman couldn't help but smile as she watched the man's reaction. She was satisfied by his answer. With that, she went fishing around in a small pouch that rested on her belt.

"Good..." She said. "I will take you to a very private area in the Gold District. From here on you're a ghost. You don't exist anywhere in this city. No one can know who you are. You can't contact anyone... Especially the boy that you tried to kill or his friend." She slid the picture through a crack in the cell. On the back of the picture was written 'Rowan.'

"You're going to live in this private area in going to take you to. There you're going to live under a new identity. Don't worry; I have a house for you to live in already. I'm going to introduce you to the person who's taking care of your daughter. She doesn't know you exist... And shouldn't know until the time is right okay?" The woman slid out a devise from her pouch and placed it on the lock to the cell. She pressed a button and the cell opened immediately. With a small sigh, the woman went to go place handcuffs on the man.

"Just stay by me and don't say anything..."

Meanwhile Jesse shrugged as he carried a now sleepy Mimi along in his arms. Honestly he had no clue what Beauty or Stiles was into. Actually, he didn't know what anyone was into.

"I guess she'd like a dress. I never seen her wear one though... She acts like a man sometimes ugh..." He uttered. "And Stiles, he's just into all that medical doctor bulls***. Just get him a lab coat or something."

The man watched in amazement. He slowly nodded, analyzing everything he had been told as he held the picture close. New identity. New start. New life. All for the sake of meeting the baby girl he never got to raise. The child he lost before she could make memories with him and his wife. Their beloved baby girl whose bedroom remained intact in the place she would’ve called home. It was all worth it. “Right…” The man whispered, extending his arms. “My name is Mercer.” The man finally said, getting the photo somewhere safe in his jacket. “It is rude of me…but why? Why are you helping me?”

Giotto laughed. “That’s honestly all I can think of getting him besides actual medical equipment he can use. I can get Beauty a dress or some simple clothing but I don’t even know her size. I can estimate though. But I wonder if I can guess her taste.” Giotto hummed. With her powers, and her beauty and charm she could’ve easily met someone and married herself into the high life of the Gold Layer. Yet she remained simple and willing to help, remaining to her roots…she was very special, and to Giotto, beginning to be the motherly figure he had been missing for years. “Are you hungry? Lets go get some ice-cream at the stand nearby.”

The woman watched Mercer. She could only imagine how much of a whirl his mind was in. She couldn't help but felt bad for him. After the cuffs was on and everything was good to go, she left with him into the halls. She made sure to go through the empty unused halls that storage was kept. She didn't... Like going through the halls with all the sights and activity.

"Just... My name is Lucy..." She uttered softly, looking back at him. "And I trust you. Do not break that trust okay? I'm your only friend. And I'm helping you... Because I feel like it." Obviously that wasn't it, but she didn't want to get into too much detail. "The pain of loosing a child is unbearable... But you have another chance-" she stopped. There, around the corner was another guard. He snarled and looked down at her.

"Who're you?" He asked, looking down at her and her badge. "And what are you doing with that scum? You're not clear to take him out of his cell..." He reached for his gun. Lucy only grinned slyly and reached out to stroke the guard's chin.

"But sweetie..." She purred. "Of course I'm clear to take him out of his cell... Actually, I was ordered to test out a new drug on him."

The guard's gaze sudden became blank, and he looked into nothingness. He only nodded slowly. Lucy chuckled.

"And... This new drug is going to kill him. Dead. Wiped out from existence. You injected it yourself and he died... You just threw his body into the furnace." She whispered. The guard only nodded.

"I tested the drug on him..." He uttered blankly. "I threw the body out into the furnace..."

Lucy hummed softly. Sure, there would be some questions but oh well. "Hmm... If anyone asks, you went to the wrong room and injected it into the wrong person. People make mistakes, hon. After all, you have to deal with so many of the prisoners anyway... Oh by the way, can I have your keycard? You dropped it near the blue trashcan outside the back garage exit while you were on a break." The guard nodded, and gave Lucy his keycard. Lucy kissed the guard on the cheek.

"Thanks, sweetie." She chimed, taking the card and dragging Mercer along. "Don't worry, there's no drug or anything. Just an excuse for his boss later when they ask where you are."

The guard only walked away, muttering to himself.

"My mistake..." He uttered. "I threw the body out... Into the furnace..."

"Man, Stiles is such a f****** nerd. We can't even find anything to get for him." Jesse mused to himself as he walked along with Giotto. He thought about what Beauty would like, but couldn't think of anything. Honestly Jesse didn't even know her to well anyway. Once Giotto mentioned the idea of ice cream, Jesse almost whipped his head around in excitement.

"F*** yeah I want ice cream!" He said. Jesse always loved the junk food. It was all he ever ate. Jesse looked down at Mimi and shook her gently to wake her up. "Hey, you want some ice cream?"

Mimi whined softly, but instantly woke up when Jesse said be magic words.

"Ice! Ice!"