Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Mercer's eyes gleamed with amazement. He had seen many powers before. But not one as subtle yet powerful as this one. She was basically enchanting him up with a spell. "Holy crap." He whispered. However he couldn't help but to shiver at the thought of the furnace. They had to get rid of those who died in custody somehow...burning them into nothing was the easiest way. No one believed it. No one but those who wanted to believe of such atrocity. "To think that they work so freely while knowing what happens to their prisoners in the end..."

They headed over to the ice cream stand, buying them all ice cream with toppings and sprinkles. Giotto decided on all chocolate, enjoying the overall sweet taste as he helped Mimi eat her own ice cream by holding it for her. "Pretty yummy huh?" Giotto chuckled. He paused for a moment and turned over to Jesse. "Hey, Jesse...what do you think of Hansel?"

Lucy signed softly as she took Mercer along with her. "A few of them regret it... Some of the people who quit have nightmares every night... Some even kill themselves." She uttered. They were able to slip outside very easily. If they came across anyone, Lucy would work her charm. Before the exited the Tower, Lucy told security guard to erase all camera footage of them after they got out which the guard obeyed. Once they were already heading outside, Lucy dropped the keycard near the blue trashcan she mentioned earlier for the guard from before to find.

"So... You're going to have to start thinking about who you want to be now." She said, leading him into a back alleyway. She undid the cuffs and took off her guard clothing to reveal simple everyday clothes; a white blouse and gray sweatpants. She tossed Mercer some fresh new clothes. "You have a new slate... You can be whoever you want to be now."

Jesse was going in on the ice cream. He chose vanilla with chocolate sprinkles. He absolutely loved ice cream. Jesse couldn't help but look to Giotto strangely after he asked about Hansel.

"He's cool, I guess." Jesse said with a shrug. "He just disappears and shit. Why?"

Meanwhile Mimi happily are hers. She choose strawberry ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. It was the best she could ever ask for.

"Yum!" She giggled, making a mess of ice cream all over her face.

Whoever he wanted to be. The words seemed so foreign and distant. Words that one would only hear in their childhood when you told your parents what you wanted to be when you grew up. Even in the Bronze Layer parents told their children the same. Even in a world as messed up as where they lived, anyone could be anything they wanted...legally or not. "I..." Mercer paused. Who he wanted to be? He was a handy man, helping fix up buildings and houses all over the Bronze Layer, sometimes for free. Rare times did a good paying job in the Silver Layer came his way that allowed him to indulge. "...Anyone, really. I can work in construction." Mercer said, quickly changing into his new clothing. "Anyone...I just want to see my baby girl again."

Giotto glanced away slightly. "Just wondering." Part of him just wanted to scream at Jesse that he was one of them. Yet so far Hansel had yet to harm any of them. That and the threats were still eminent. "He seems like a guy who knows a lot that's all." Giotto said as he knelt down and cleaned up Mimi's face with a napkin. "Hey, how about we name our group Ice Cream? Everyone likes Ice Cream."

Lucy looked at Mercer with a softened face. She understood such a reaction. The world... Was just so strange. Sometimes she didn't understand why it was the way it was. Sometimes she even wondered if it was all worth it in the end.

"Contruction... That works out perfectly then." Lucy said with a smile as she took Mercer's hand and began to lead him down the street. "Don't worry. You will get to see her soon enough. You have to make a new identity for yourself before you do."

Meanwhile shrugged as Giotto continued to talk sour Hansel. He seemed like an okay guy, maybe somewhat of a wuss but he was okay. Jesse just didn't understand why Giotto was getting all strange over it. It honestly wasn't a big deal anyway. He was going to ask Giotto what was up, but then he proposed the idea of calling the group 'Ice Cream.'

"No." Jesse uttered. "That's a terrible f****** idea." Mimi meanwhile cheered and agreed with the idea.

Mercer followed. “Right.” It wouldn’t be so hard for someone raised within the Bronze Layer. He was a nobody that simply became known because he tried to kill off the kid of the most well-known person the city. No biggie.

Giotto laughed a bit. Yeah, it was a very very dumb name for a group. “You’re right. Never mind that suggestion.” Giotto hummed, finishing his ice-cream and throwing away the dirty napkins to the nearest trash. “I think I’m going to get Stiles some medical equipment, actually. Disposable gloves and maybe some new knives or something.” Giotto suggested. There were stores that did sell medical equipment here and there, he was sure to find something and have it sent over to Stiles. “Jesse, do you want a jacket or something? You would look really cool in an outfit that matches your motorbike.” Giotto began. He paused for a moment and gasped. “Jesse!” Giotto grasped his shoulders. “Let’s call ourselves the Ringers! Like, people ring for us for help against the skulls, and we answer!”

Lucy couldn't help but continue to smile. Honestly she was somewhat excited to see what happened next in Mercer's life. A father reuniting with a lost child. It was great. They walked for a while longer. After about a half an hour, Lucy stopped in front of a black SUV. She opened the passenger door for him.

"Get in." She said. "I'll answer any questions you have about your daughter. I... Know her personally."

Meanwhile, Jesse couldn't help but chuckle and snicker at the idea of giving medical equipment to Stiles. Honestly Jesse would hate getting anything like that for a gift, but honestly he wouldn't even be shocked if Stiles liked it. Stiles was a nerd anyway. Jesse looked around to some of the stores that sold jackets, and let his mind roam. However as soon as Giotto offered to buy him one, Jesse shook his head.

"I don't need one." He said. "Just get Mimi stuff." Suddenly, Giotto busted out with an idea, and Jesse laughed.

"The Ringers? That sound reta-" Jesse paused. The explanation was actually a good one. People ring them up, they take out the Skulls.

"Ringer... Cell phones..." Hold on one second. Jesse grabbed Giotto's shoulders with one arm as the other held Mimi.

"Wait! We can call ourselves the Cell Street Group... Er, team, no- gang. Cell Street Gang. It's my home and basically your home too. Plus... You already told me I should call myself the Ringer... But now that you mention it, the name doesn't sound too shabby..."

Mercer entered the SUV and buckled up out of habit. Know her personally? So they were friends? "How is she doing? Is she happy? What are her hobbies? Is she doing well at school? What does she want to be when she grows up?" Mercer began, one question after another. It was a missing gap. A hole in his heart. To raise a child and know all of this information was normal for a parent yet he had missed it all due to a cruel twist of fate. He wished he could just hug her and make up all of the time he had missed yet...he doubted that she even knew that he existed.

Giotto's eyes glimmered with ideas once Jesse created what was the perfect name for a group. "Jesse...that's perfect! That's the perfect name!" Giotto squealed as he hugged Jesse, being careful with Mimi. "We should totally start handing out invitations in the club. Oh! Members can use motorcycle helmets or masks to remain anonymous, too! We would be the counter to the Skulls." Giotto felt himself running out of breath as quickly as he gained it. It was all just too exciting for the kid. "Ah...~" Giotto hummed, eventually calming down sort of a bit. "Mimi! Lets go get you some pajamas! I know a place that sells cute animal themes ones!" Giotto squealed once more, before turning to Jesse. "And one day I'll be able to convince you to get some sharp looking clothes on my treat. One day!"

Lucy chuckled softly as she began to drive away after buckling herself up. Such questions she expected, and the excitement in Mercer's voice brought a warm feeling inside her heart.

"Well... Let's see..." Lucy said with a smile. "Her name is Rowan Elizabeth Vargas. She is very smart and very kind... She goes to the greatest private school in the city. It's at the edge of the Gold Layer in this very exclusive district of the layer. Not many people know about it. Rowan absolutely loves to read... And listen to music. Her report cards are always straight A's and she's on the honor roll. She's a very happy young lady. As for what she wants to be when she grows up... She doesn't know. Funny thing is... She always tells me she likes building thing. Rowan always complains that she's the only girl in her woodshop class each year. Honesty... I think she's going to become a veterinarian or something. She loves animals too."

Meanwhile, Jesse had to pull away from Giotto's hug after a while. Jesse still wasn't that big of a hugger. Hell, Jesse hated most physical contact in general unless it was with a pretty lady.

"Hm... I say we should get Mimi a pretty bunny pajama. How does that sound?" Jesse asked, looking down at Mimi.

"Bun!" Mimi cheered, reaching out her hands for Giotto excitedly. "Bun! Bun!"

Jesse chucked and walked along with Giotto. "I am not going to wear your fancy bs."

The more he heard the happier he felt. Like a little kid who was listening to a brand new story. However the more he thought about it all...the more he felt a small ache rise in the pit of his stomach. She was living in the Gold layer, attending the best school in the layer, maybe even in the whole city, and had everything going for her. She was living everything Mercer could have never provided her back in the Bronze Layer and beyond. He was so happy to think that his daughter was alive yet...did he had the right to intervene in her life as it is going? How would she even react to the fact that she was originally from the Bronze District. That her current life was something made out of luck and fate. "...what a beautiful name..." Mercer whispered, looking down at the picture she had given him. "She sounds so happy. I'm so glad."

They walked into the store, lots of baby clothing and pajamas all around as they were. "I know for a fact they have bunny versions around." Giotto cooed as he went ahead and looked around for different cute pajamas. However he couldn't shake his mind from seeing Jesse in a suit. "Honestly though you would look so awesome in a suit, Jesse! I bet Mimi would like to see you wear one too! Maybe we can trick Johnny into thinking I finally turned you into a gentleman."

Lucy couldn't help but smile as she continued to drive. It really made her heart feel... Happy. Happy to bring happiness to another.

"She is very happy." Lucy said with a chuckle. "However... She really wants to see what's out there. Rowan doesn't know her roots. But she wants to. She needs you in her life, Mercer. Rowan needs to learn more about herself, about you. Obviously we can't just barge in and say you're her daddy yet..." Lucy continued. She drove for about an hour and a half. After she began to fix up her clothes and her hair as she came up to a large black gate. A man approached the car and she showed a small badge. The man allowed her through and she drove in. Inside was just a quiet happy series of houses. There was also a sign saying 'Welcome to Echo!' Next to it, was a small sign that showed the map. There was a section for the houses, which there were in. In the middle was a little plaza with stores and a school. Even a nice little mall. Everything else was more houses, as well as parks and whatnot.

"So, you're in the most private town in the city." Lucy said, now driving slowly. "I don't think even Mr. Rubocrasia himself knows much about this place." She took a few turns here and there, parking next to a park.

"So..." Lucy began. "You have a choice. I can take you to my father's house so you can settle there. My father... Isn't around anymore so you can have the entire house to yourself. You can get a job, and think about what you'd like to do when it comes to your daughter. Or... We can go to where your daughter lives right now. She's in school right now so you won't see her until she gets out. But her... Caretaker is there. He's looking for a handyman to hire and live in the house to help with some renovations he's doing. Since you're a handyman yourself you're the perfect man for the job. You can live there temporarily, get paid, and wake up every morning to see your dear daughter. Feel free to take a few moments to decide. If you want my personal opinion, I say option 2 is much better."

Meanwhile Jesse's face couldn't help but turn red from how cute everything was. So much little baby clothes... He just wanted to buy them all for Mimi. Already Jesse was picking out pajamas for her. All of them were onesies. Koala onesies, giraffe onesies, bear cub onesies, kitten onesies, even little bird onesies. Jesse just wanted to collect them all like they were Pokemon.

"Oh man this is just... Aww..." Jesse was never one to get all squealy and sappy, but from just seeing all this alone it just made his heart melt. That moment ended however as soon as Giotto insisted on getting Jesse sharp attire.

"Hell. No." Jesse muttered, giving a small pout to Giotto. "I'm not about that life."

Edited by Aqua7KH

Mercer could have easily confused this place with heaven. It was…so beautiful. A separate part of the city where the ultimate elite came to live a peaceful life without any need of leaving the area. It was like something out of a movie. Out of a book. Never could he even think that it was something that could possibly exist in reality. Yet here it was…and his daughter had been living within it for all of her life. Once again it was a mix of a feeling of both happiness and dread. He was so happy that out of all places, she ended up here…but then he wondered if he even deserved to meet her. “I’ll take the second option.” Mercer finally said, sighing a breath he had been holding unbeknownst to himself. "To see her...oh my god she must be so tall by now! Judging by the picture she must have Evangeline's eyes!" Mercer went on, talking partially to himself.

Giotto pouted. “Fine, I won’t insist on it anymore.” Giotto finally said, turning as he held up a bunch of animal pjs for Mimi. So many he had to bring up one of the small carts in the store so they were able to hold them all.  “Do you want to try and recruit people later tonight? The place usually has more activity after sundown.”

Lucy was very happy Mercer had chose the second option. Good choice.

"Alrighty..." She said with a smile, listening to Mercer's words. Lucy was excited to see Mercer's reaction to finally see his daughter. She took his hand.

"Come on, don't want to keep anyone waiting~" she chimed as she walked with him. They walked about fifteen minutes, happening upon a very small cozy yet expensive looking house. There was an open gate, and they entered walking down a small path surrounded by trees. It was a rather studious private looking home. Lucy walked with Mercer up a few steps and knocked on the door.

"Hey!" Lucy called. "I got you a handyman!"

The door opened and it wasn't a man that answered, but a young girl. She looked to be about fourteen years of age. The girl had long black hair that covered half of her face and reached all the way to her lower back. She also had violet eyes and wore a plaid jumper along with a white button up blouse with a little plaid tie and matching white socks and black dress shoes- a uniform for a private school, no doubt. She was somewhat tall, for she was as tall as Mercer's shoulders. Lucy was taken aback by the sudden appearance; she wasn't expecting to see the girl.

"Rowan...!" Lucy said in surprise. "Shouldn't you be in school...?"

Rowan smiled and leaned against the doorframe. "I had a half day today." She said. Her voice was soft. "I was about to just take a nap. Is this your boyfriend~"

Lucy blushed and instantly shook her head. "No..." She uttered, a little unsure. "He is going to be the new handyman to help with the renervations..."

Meanwhile Jesse shrugged as he helped fix up the pajamas. Honestly he was extremely lazy, but he had to go and recruit people soon.

"I guess we'll go after it gets dark." Jesse said, holding up some pajamas for Mimi to see. "All the interesting people go after dark anyway."

Mimi suddenly grabbed a pink rabbit pajama from the bunch. "Bun! Bun!" Mimi cheered, hugging the pajama close.

Mercer’s world seemed to freeze all at once the moment he saw Rowan. The Rowan. The same Rowan that was…his one and only daughter. He didn’t even need confirmation by Lucy. Not only was she like in the picture, but her eyes were of the same shade of violet of her mother. It was a pair of eyes he saw once years ago when she had first opened her eyes as a baby, cooing as he waved a small toy over her head. Those same eyes were here…all grown up. The fact that he didn’t break down crying surprised him. Maybe it was the state of shock that he couldn’t even render speech. His heart beating and his eyes not wanting to leave sight of her, afraid that if he did she would disappear like a mirage. “Ah…” Was all he could muster, as if he had seen a ghost. “Y…yeah…the renovations.” Mercer finally forced out, holding back every urge of his body to throw his arms around the girl and scream in joy. “(She’s so beautiful.)” Mercer thought, biting his tongue to keep himself from crying out. Though a few tears did escape, he quickly turned to wipe them away. “Ah…something in my eye…”

Giotto watched Mimi become overjoyed with her new pajamas. Before they realized it they had picked up one of every cute pajama that would fit her. “So cute!” Giotto smiled, clapping his hands together. “Let’s ring it up! I want to take her to a toy store after this so she can pick something out!” Giotto said with glee, hurrying over to the counter to buy off all of the pajamas, which ended up leaving Jesse to carry a whole bunch of shopping bags.

Rowan was very confused at the reaction Mercer gave. She was actually afraid there was something wrong.

"Is he okay...?" Rowan asked in worry. There... Was something off about the man. Something strange.

Lucy was actually very upset at how Mercer reacted. Then again she could've expected more from a man who was now seeing a child he thought was dead. She was amazed he didn't drop to the floor right there.

"Ahh /sorry/..." Lucy uttered to Rowan, nudging Mercer with her arm. "He gets a little... Emotional when he sees beautiful houses... Kinda like how you get emotional when you read a good book." It was honestly a bullshit answer and excuse, but it was the best she could do at the moment.

Rowan nodded slowly, rather perplexed. "Okay..." It was really strange, but luckily the man didn't looked too much like a creep. Actually he looked handsome. "Do you need a glass of water?"

Meanwhile Jesse was very happy at all the pajamas Mimi were getting. Honestly Jesse thought pajamas were stupid in general since it's cheaper to just sleep in your underwear, but hey Mimi looked adorable in them so why not. He didn't like however carrying all the bags.

"You bought this not me..." Jesse grumbled, walking to the toy store with Giotto. "You should carry this sh-stuff..."

Lucy's nudge helped snap Mercer back into control. As much as he wanted to burst with all kinds of emotions right now, it wasn't the time. He quickly wiped away any remaining tears. "Sorry about that," He squeaked, before clearing his throat and smiling gently at Rowan. "Your house suddenly reminded me of my childhood home, and I couldn't help the small tears. Thank you, but I'm alright. I would actually like to speak to your father or whoever is in charge of the renovations. Lucy told me that they could use a hand and I would love to help." Mercer explained, sounding normal and collected. Though he was actually internally screaming in both agony and joy.

Giotto held Mimi in his arms and laughed a bit. "Come on Jesse, you're pretty strong. Hold on a little bit longer. After some toys I'll get us a ride back." Giotto assured. As funny as it would be to see Jesse carry it all the way to the Bronze District, he knew better than to torture him that way. "Mimi what do you like? Do you like this doll? How about this one? Oh what about this play doctor kit."

Lucy scratched her temple. This entire mess was just really badly timed. Lovely. Still, Mercer was managing to keep himself under control which was great.

"Yeah his childhood home alright..." Lucy uttered, partially to herself.

Rowan tilted her head a bit. They were very weird. But grown ups were weird regardless.

"Alright... I'll go get my dad. Be right back." She turned right back around and disappeared around the corner of the hallway. A few minutes later she emerged back with a very wise looking middle aged man. He was definitely around his fifties, but every part of his face visibly held mass amounts of knowledge and wisdom.

"My, why must you rush me to the door Rowan-" The man was going to continue, but stopped. As soon as he saw Mercer there was the slightest change in his face... It was his eyes. There were sudden fear and terror in his eyes.

"Daddy, this man wants to help out with the renovations." Rowan said, standing beside him.

The man nodded slowly and looked down to Rowan. He was unsure of how to act.

"...Yes." The man said after a few seconds. "It's a pleasure to see a fresh new young face... Rowan, will you please go boil some water for me so that I may make tea for my guests?" He asked. Rowan nodded and left to go do so.

The man slowly looked back to Mercer, then to Lucy. He looked back to Mercer once more. The man knew exactly who Mercer was.

"...Are you here to kill me?"

Lucy's eyes widened. She really wasn't expecting that. This entire day just went downhill as soon as the door was answered. Lucy opened her mouth but no words came out; she really didn't know what to say this time. "Ah- ohh...."

"Just because I'm strong doesn't mean I like carrying around all this stupid crap..." Jesse uttered as he entered the store with Giotto. Already Jesse saw things he wanted to buy for Mimi... But he just realized something- he didn't have money to buy Mimi anything. He never had money to buy Mimi anything but maybe some cheap bad quality baby supplies and old clothes from the thrift store. Even then it was Johnny who bought anything. Jesse could never take care of Mimi...

Mimi meanwhile was gasping in awe at all the toys. She reached for every toy that Giotto pointed out. However, down a small shelf there was a small cream colored bunny with a silver bow around it's neck. It wasn't a extravagant toy, rather a nice little stuffed animal. Mimi squirmed and frowned, trying to reach it. "...Bun!!"

Out of the things Mercer thought he would hear today, that definitely wasn't one of them. But of course overall he was both not as surprised and surprised. After all, all he had to do is scream or call for a guard and they would be chased down like prey. But he hadn't done yet. Then again what if he had already called such securities with some high tech system they couldn't see? He knew who he was. Mercer sighed. "No, I'm not here to kill you. For one when I tried to kill that other kid I already promised that I wouldn't kill anyone innocent." Mercer began, being rather bluntly before continuing. "However you are innocent for one, and I don't have any reason to harm you whatsoever." Mercer explained. "The last thing I knew about my daughter she was taken to the tower and I never saw her again. But now I've been told, and witness, that you have been raising her all this time. She is healthy, living in opulent luxury, attending the most exclusive school in the district, never going hungry or running out of clothes to wear. Yes I'll admit I'm extremely jealous that you got to raise her. That you were able to give her a much better life than I couldn't even dream of giving her. Hell, I'm pretty sure this front yard alone is bigger than my whole apartment." His eyes then softened, almost looking sad. "But you saved her. I don't know what happened, but to see her alive makes me happier than anything else in this world. So...you have my thanks. Thank you for giving my daughter a chance at life." Mercer said, offering his hand for a shake. He would've gone for a hug but he didn't want to scare the already frightened man either.

Giotto followed her gaze to the stuffed bunny. He walked over to it, picking it up from the shelf and handing it to Mimi. "This one?" Giotto asked, smiling at her. "Alright. We'll take it." Giotto decided, walking over to the cashier and paying for the plush toy. He glanced over at the clock. "Hey, Jesse, lets head back. Mimi must be tired and Johnny might already be back from his interview." Giotto suggested. He poked Mimi's nose. "I'll be sure to surprise you with some other stuff on Christmas." Giotto cooed, sending a text to Sebastian to give them a ride.

The man was very shocked at Mercer's words and gesture. He expected Mercer to lunge at him, maybe capture him for torture. But no... Mercer was thanking him. The man's eyes widened in the slightest, and slowly he took Mercer's hand to shake it.

"I... You are welcome." The man replied, lips curving into a small smile.

Lucy giggled and wrapped her arms around Mercer's neck. "Yayyyyyy~" She cheered happily. "Now everyone is all happy and this is great!"

Meanwhile Mimi couldn't take her eyes off of the toy. As soon as Giotto payed for it Mimi threw her arms around the toy in glee and held it close to her chest. She was absolutely in love. "Yay~!" She giggled when Giotto poked her nose.

Meanwhile Jesse nodded and walked along with Giotto out. Maybe it was best for them to leave now. Plus he wanted to see why the hell happened with Johnny. "He better have done an awesome job on the interview because he's screwed if he didn't."

Mercer didn't expect the hug from Lucy, glancing away with a slight blush on his face. Thankfully the tension had died down and they were on good terms...for now. "Right. But that doesn't end my visit here, sir." Mercer began. "I do wish to help you with the renovations, as I have the skills for it. While I do i just hope to be closer to Rowan. Get to know her even just a little bit more...and with your blessing maybe one day tell her the truth of my identity." Mercer said. "I know it is selfish of me to bring up something that wouldn't mean much. This is her home after all but...I want to be able to have my daughter again, even if its just for a moment."

Giotto watched Mimi and simply enjoyed the happiness around. All while somewhat teasing Jesse that he had to carry the bags. They eventually walked out to see Sebastian riding up in his car. Normal looking one, standard and colored black. "Hey boys. And Mimi." Sebastian cooed. "Hop in." He helped them up, finally relieving Jesse from his duties of holding bags, getting them in the spare front seat while they sat on the back. "Enjoyed the trip? They didn't bully you did they Jesse?"

The man sighed softly and looked down. He was fearing those words. He wasn't angry that Mercer wanted to see his daughter. If anything he was glad that Rowan's father came all this way. He was just afraid... Of a future where the girl he raised wouldn't be in his life anymore. He dreaded the thought of it for years. Not a day would go by where such a scenario played in his head.

"I... I respect your honesty and your desire to see your daughter... And so, I will welcome you into my home and allow you to stay here if you would like. Just..." He looked behind him to make sure Rowan wasn't there. "She... She doesn't know about you. So for the sake of her, do not reveal you identity to her at least for now. She's doing wonderful in school, and I do not want her to worry about such things when she still has her childhood to enjoy..."

Lucy let go of Mercer and crossed her arms. Honestly she was against the idea of lying the Rowan but her 'father' did have a point... Lucy would be devastated if a random man showed up at her house and revealed to her that he was her father.

"Ugh." She uttered, unsure of how to react. "I mean, it sucks but..."

Meanwhile Jesse plopped himself right into the car with a yawn. Finally he didn't have to carry those bullcrap bags anymore. He absolutely hated carrying anything that had to do with shopping.

"Well, they had me carrying all of their shit like I was their donkey or something..." Jesse hugged.

Meanwhile Mimi whined and complain as she sat in the car. She wanted to be picked up by Sebastian. "Seb... Seb..." Mimi whined sadly.

(What the man looks like

Posted Image unoriginal I know)

Mercer pursed his lips for a moment. It was understandable that he would feel that way. He had raised Rowan as his own as far as her own memory serves. It would not only affect him, it would affect Rowan as well, and maybe even their relationship of father and daughter. For seconds on end he wondered if he really had the right to come up and try to become the father that he never was. As much as he wanted to do so, was it for the best? “I understand.” Mercer finally sighed. He got his hands in his pockets. “I’ll keep quiet. She’s your daughter as well, after all.” Mercer added. He then gave a somewhat cheerful smile as he went into his usual business mode. “So then, what renovations are you planning to do?”  

Sebastian couldn’t help but to chuckle. “Well consider it practice. If you have a girlfriend someday maybe you’ll have to help her carry a bunch of stuff too.” Sebastian teased. He glanced at Mimi from the mirror, and smiled. “Hey Mimi dear.” He hummed. Giotto held Mimi carefully. “We got her a bunch of cute stuff!” Giotto squealed. “Why do I have a feeling you’ll end up spoiling her a bit?” Sebastian asked playfully. Giotto smiled. Sebastian drove them all the way over, parking and getting out as he helped them carry the stuff inside. “Here we go, hopefully Johnny won’t have a heart attack.” Sebastian mused. “I just hope he got the job.”

The man sighed softly, understanding how Mercer must feel. It truly made him feel sad and guilty, knowing that he was the bridge between Mercer and his daughter.

"I apologize..." The man said with a frown. But then Mercer began to talk business. Something the man enjoyed.

"Ahh, the revocations, yes." He began. "I am extending the study, as well lab and kitchen. I also am trying to build an impressive greenhouse that connects to the side of the house and into the backyard. Rowan has developed a fondness towards plants, so I hope she enjoys it. Oh! I don't believe I even properly introduced myself." The man held out his hand once more for a shake.

"My name is Emerson Vargas. You man call me whatever you'd like. What is your name since I assume you are going under a different alias?"

Lucy whistled at Mr. Vargas' introduction.

"Wow, you can call him whatever you like." She said to Mercer. "He's a friend of my dad's and even I call him Mr. V. Also... I didn't think that far ahead as to what your name is..."

Meanwhile Jesse rolled his eyes as they went along in the car. Honestly he didn't imagine having any sort of girlfriend whatsoever. Honestly he couldn't handle such commitment or responsibility.

"Ugh, it's too much work." Jesse complained. "There's no way I'm carrying a bunch of shit that's not even mine for a girl... The only girl I'd do that for is Mimi." He declared with a huff. Once they got there, Jesse carried some stuff inside. "And Johnny definitely passed the interview. Everyone else here is so f****** lazy a damn rock would get hired first."

Mimi meanwhile happily cuddled into Giotto's arms with a giggle. By the time they got to their destination however, Mimi was already fast asleep clutching her bunny animal close to her. She was extremely tired but wouldn't let the thing go. "..."

Mercer shook Vargas' hand before the question of his own name popped up. He hadn't thought about it either. Hell. He didn't even expect to have come this far. Instantly his head went swirling with ideas. If he was born as Mercer Fray, then maybe he could borrow his wife's maiden name and now be..."...Er...Edelstein. Mercer Edelstein." Mercer finally responded. He couldn't seem to think of another first name that he liked, so the last name would have to do. He couldn't help but to click his tongue at the thought of the renovations. It was a lot of work, yet it also meant that he could spend more time around his daughter than he originally expected. Which was good. "Right then, Mister Vargas, how about you show me around to see what I need to work with." Mercer said cheerfully. He may be a Bronze Layer contractor but he was a pretty damn good one at it. If anything he was still there because...well, now a days unless you have connections you don't get as far as you hope. "I also wanted to ask one more thing about Rowan..." His voice turned into merely a whisper. "How are her mutant powers reacting? Have they resurfaced? Does she even know?"

Giotto smiled. "You're right. Johnny will nail the interview!" Giotto chimed, carrying a sleeping Mimi over to her bed, laying her down and covering her over with her bed sheet. "So cute." He cooed. Sebastian helped bring the rest of the stuff in and turned to the two. "Will you stay here?" "Yeah. I want to see Johnny." "Alright then. I'll take my leave." Sebastian turned to walk away before stopping and turning to Jesse and Giotto, and teasingly said, "You two are basically parents already." and with that he ran off. "P-Parents?!"

Vargas couldn't help but sigh at Mercer's attempt of a name. But no matter, it was none of his business really. If anything, he was going to leave those antics to Lucy since she always claimed she had these crazy plans. He was about to show Mercer around his home, that is, until he asked about Rowan's abilities.

"Ahh, her mutant powers." Vargas said, looking down the hallway once more to make sure Rowan wasn't there. He heard her preparing the tea in the kitchen down the hall. He quieted his voice down too.

"You might be happy to know that she is a very, /very/ strong mutant. She is very skilled in controlling herself... However she is rather troublesome with it at times. Like any teenager, there are times where she is very proud of it, and times when she... Complains about it and how she wishes she was normal."

Lucy couldn't help but giggle at Vargas' answer. She nudged Mercer's arm playfully. "Yeah she's a teenager all right. Looks like you came right when it was just about to get good. Wait until you see what she's like when it's that time of the month! But that isn't something you can handle right Mercer Edelstein? That was the worst attempt of a secret identity by the way. You might as well put a sign on your head saying 'Hey! I'm Mercer Fray the guy who tried to kill Mr. Rubocrasia's son!"

Meanwhile Jesse threw all the things he carried into the corner. He crossed his arms and huffed. That was the last time he was going to carry anyone else's crap... Okay maybe not. Still, Jesse plopped himself right on the bare floor where he usually slept. He patted the floor right next to him.

"Come on, let's nap hotshot. Knowing Johnny he'll take f***** forever to get back." He whipped his head around to Sebastian, his face growing red.

"I am NOT a parent!" He hissed. "I don't even want to have kids!"

To hear that his daughter was actually a pretty powerful mutant, and was quite skilled at it at her young age, he couldn’t help but to feel a small warmth build up in his chest, a feeling of pride rising up, along with a single tear falling down his cheek. “That’s my girl!” He squeaked, wanting to scream it out but knowing better. He wiped the small tear away. “A chip off the old block! I knew the moment she accidentally cut her own umbilical cord at the hospital when she was born that she was going to be great!” Mercer chimed, heavily excited as he shook Lucy around friendly. He then turned to her seriously. “Might a well shout it and let the whole place know.” Mercer scoffed. Sure, it was a bad attempt, but it was something. “Er, right, the adjustments to the house and whatever. Lead the way.” Mercer said as he cleared his throat, slightly glancing around as if he could take a peek at Rowan again.

Giotto quickly sat down next to Jesse and hushed him down. “Calm down! You’ll wake up Mimi!” Giotto hummed, glancing over at the sleeping Mimi. He heard Sebastian drive away, and he laid down next to Jesse. “Napping while waiting for Johnny sounds good. We don’t know how long it will take anyways.” Giotto smiled. He then poked Jesse, teasing him slightly. “Want a bedtime story?”