Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

While Giotto was getting ready, Jesse was already basically done with his getting ready. He just threw on his clothes and that was it. He didn't need to fix up his hair; it was short anyway. Who needs combing when you can just get up and go?

"First rule." Jesse began. "Sometimes you're not going to have time to do anything. If something was happening right now, like if someone was trying to break in and we needed to leave, then if you're slow with getting dressed you might as well just leave half naked. Don't worry though. You'll get used to it." Jesse opened up the window to the balcony, letting all the fresh air of the city enter the room. He just loved that smell of the city in the morning. It was welcoming, as if the air was giving him the first taste of an new adventure. "I'll take you to my street." He said.

Giotto pushed the cart outside of the room and whistled loudly. "Thank you for the breakfast, Sebastian! I don't wish to be disturbed for the rest of the day thank you!" Giotto said with a smile as he closed the door. He quickly turned on the tv to have some sound and turned on the recorder to have it sound Giotto's recorded phrases over and over again until he returned. Thankfully the balcony of his room gave view to the back of the property. They would be able to sneak away easily. He followed Jesse and smiled at him. "Lead the way."

Jesse grinned. Boy was this gonna be fun. At first he thought this was going to be stupid, almost like having to baby a kid, but this was actually going to be fun. Jesse is going to get to teach someone the ways of the city. The best part, Giotto looks up to him. Jesse liked this new feeling of being looked up to. Jesse jumped on top of the railing in the balcony, and looked down. It wasn't too high of a jump, but it was high enough to get hurt. Luckily there were bushes down below to cushion the fall.

"Alright... First thing's first; jump!" With that, Jesse jumped off and fell into the bushes down below.

Giotto smiled as he watched Jesse jump down. He was so brave! This was going to be accelerating. Exciting. New. Breathtaking. He took a step back and then jumped, hoping to jump gracefully. However the tip of his foot got caught on the balcony edge, breaking his grace and sending him falling down while spinning. He didn't even had a chance to peep a word as he landed face first into the bush, disappearing within the plant. It took a minute for Giotto to crawl out, a few twigs and leaves in his hair. "That was great!"

Jesse was going to crack up, but he knew he had to be quiet incase anyone was nearby. He shook his head. What WAS he going to do with Giotto. Maybe this wasn't going to be as easy as he thought.

"Watch where you're stepping." Jesse helped Giotto out of the bush. "I bet you trip over your own feet. Now come on. I don't got all day." He looked left and right, and went on ahead towards the gate. "I hope you know how to climb gates because there's no way I'm going to carry you over."

Giotto looked up at the gate with a small groan. if it was an electric fence he could've used his powers in order to open it up. But that would cause too much of a suspicion to begin with. "Now I wish my powers could make me super strong so I could just jump over this." Giotto said as he held his belt buckle and aimed it at the top of the fence. "But luckily I've developed hobbies after being stuck in my room for such a long while." Giotto said smiling as he pressed a button, a small hook flying over and hatching itself on the top of the fence. He offered his hand to Jesse. "An advantage of being able to talk to machines is that they are able to help you out in figuring out what's needed and what's not." Giotto said as he glanced up at the balcony. "How you think I was able to sneak away before?" Giotto grabbed Jesse by the hands and with a click, the belt pulled them both up high enough to jump to the other side.

Jesse had to say, he was impressed. Looks like Giotto really has got what it takes to survive. With Jessie's help, Giotto will be walking around the city on his own in no time. Once they were on the other side, Jesse grinned and patted Giotto on the back.

"Good job hotshot." He said. "Your machine whispering thing is really useful. Do you have any idea what you could do with that? I wish I could have some cool mutant powers like that. But sadly I'm just a normal kid." He said with a sigh. Jesse looked around. He didn't really like being in the rich side of the city. It was too quiet and not many people were outside.

"Now you really have to see the actual city. Not this borville. It's like a whole new world when you get to expire every single spot." With that, he ran with Giotto in tow. "Come on!"

Giotto smiled and ran with Jesse, following him close. The city itself separated itself into three layers. The innermost was known as the Gold layer, the most expensive part to live in. The middle layer was for the middle class, Silver layer. The furthest layer was known as the Bronze layer, and wasn't even talked about within the Gold layer. The two ran across and through any small crowds, across streets and avenues. The further they ran away from the rich, central comercial district, the more people there were on the streets. The livelier the city became, but also the more crowded. To a point where Giotto was afraid that he'd lose track of Jesse so he ended up grabbing Jesse by the wrist to avoid getting dragged along with the crowed. He could hear the buzzing of the floor as the people walked, the buzzing of the technology around them which made his fingertips tingle. The further they hurried along the more different the surroundings felt from his usual life. "Jesse, how do you don't get lost? This place is HUGE!"

Jesse chuckled at Giotto's amazement. He was waiting for that reaction. Jesse stopped infront of an alleyway, making Giotto stop with him.

"The trick is, you have to throw yourself into it." He said. "If you just jump right in, and just see where this city takes you, you will find your way around and your mind will draw paths for you. Obviously you need someone to watch your back to make your you don't get popped in the cap, and that's where I come in." He gestured to all the people infront of him. "Here, you're a ghost. You have to remain that way. We're all ghosts. And as a ghost, you get to go wherever you go, do whatever you want. Ghosts are free. And you want to be free, don't you?" He suddenly jumped up onto a dumpster and dropped down the ladder to a fire escape. "I want to show you something."

Giotto's eyes glistened at Jesse's words. Ghosts. He usually thought of ghosts as scary floating plasma that would groan and haunt places and people. But Jesse's way of putting it made sense. If you are free enough...you are able to go wherever you want and not be noticed. He slightly jumped at the loudness of the dumpster, seeing Jesse reach out for the fire escape. "Me? You're going to show me something? What is it?" Giotto asked smiling. To be told he was going to be shown something made him feel happy. Was it treasure? Who knew, but this new friend had something to show him that was going to be new to him and he was all in for it! "Lead the way! What is it what is it?" He asked as he followed Jesse. He crawled onto the trashcan, being careful to keep his balance before starting to climb up the fire escape while following Jesse right behind. "You don't have some buried treasure, do you?"

Jesse hummed, and looked up into the sky. "You can say that." He grabbed Giotto's wrist, and led him to the top of the building. On top, he led Giotto right into the edge. From there, they basically had the view of the entire city, with thousands of moving dots down below. One could even see the layers, for each layer looked so distinct.

"One day, this city is going to be ours." Jesse said proudly. "Just you and me, hotshot. I promise you that. We're going to be much more..."

Edited by Aqua7KH

Giotto looked around in awe. It was beautiful! He had only seen views like these in skyscrapers, or that one skyscraper restaurant that was rather tall, expensive, and hard to get a reservation at. Better yet, this view was free. "How pretty!!!" He squealed. He looked over at Jesse, his mention of how they would be more than just ordinary ghosts. He liked that thought. Maybe special ghosts. He looked back down. "Hey Jesse, now that you mention that..." Giotto muttered as he looked over at Jesse. "You mentioned that I could so a lot of stuff with my powers. Mom always told me to help people, but with my father, I don't have a lot of free reign to help people. I can't help alot either as a kid. But...what if I dress up in the night and help people with my powers?" Giotto asked as he smiled. "We could be super heroes, and I could help you out with my powers, and help people out." Giotto said as he looked down at his hand. "There's not a single piece of technology that won't talk to me." Giotto said as he then gave a sly smile. "...so...have you ever been inside a bank?"

Jesse snorted. "Dress up at night? What are you going to be, Batman or something? Listen-" he wrapped his arm around Giotto. "First, you have to learn to walk. Do that, THEN we'll see about making you Batman. Everyone starts somewhere. And if we're going to be more than ordinary ghosts, first we have to step back and see what the world is and the opportunities it has to offer. You have to know how everything works before you can manipulate it. How can you go into a bank if you don't even know how to walk into it?"

Giotto analyzed his words. He made sense. Maybe Giotto was too happy and excited. Thankfully, Jesse was there to stop him from getting ahead. "I guess..." Giotto muttered as he turned to Jesse. "Alright...teach me everything you know. Maybe one day, when I'm able to catch up with you...I'll be the new batman to this city!" Giotto said smiling. "I...guess I just really want to help." With that Giotto leaned in on Jesse, resting against him a bit. "Well then, Jesse, what are your plans in order to teach me? Should I start taking notes, or do I need a pass in order to go to the bathroom?" Giotto teased as he looked over at the city once more. It was beautiful. "I haven't met another mutant...I want to use my powers for something other than hacking into security cameras in the girl's bathroom."

Jesse playfully smacked Giotto upside the head softly. "Bathroom! I'll show you a bathroom- wait, you hacked into the security cameras to the girls bathroom? Do they even have those?" Jesse for a moment actually want to go try that then and there, but he had to hold himself back before he tried anything stupid. "Forget it. I wish I could help ya there. I don't know any mutants, and I'm far from one." He said with a chuckle. "Don't think about that now. I'll teach you everything. I still have one more thing to show ya. Since I saw your home I'm going to show you mine."

"They do in certain restaurants but it's not even fun all they do is pee-" Giotto stopped. He turned to Jesse gasping. "Your...home?" Giotto asked as his eyes widened and he shook his head up and down. "Your home! Yes! Please, show me your home! Where you came from, where you live! I want to see it! Please show it to me!" Giotto asked excitedly as he felt his powers cause sparks on the ends of his fingers. "If it's your home, maybe I can meet your parents then?" Giotto asked, even after knowing about what Jesse had mentioned about his parents. He just figured, maybe he could meet them when they were sober, and were actually some nice people? He wouldn't truly judge until meeting them. Had it been the other way around he wouldn't of become friends with Jesse just now. "Please show me, is it around here?"

Jesse rubbed the back of his head. Giotto meeting his parents? Not the best of ideas. "I'll show you the people in my street. I'll only show you my parents if they're outside. They don't really like people in the house... Especially my pops. Don't worry, though." He took Giotto's hand and led him down the fire escape. After about an hour, they had arrived at a small street of two story thin houses all which looked not in the best of conditions. The houses were messed up like the roads, and there were no lawns; just small apartment like houses almost like a ghetto. The street sign read 'Cell Street.' Jesse looked to Giotto. "This is it. It ain't no fancy town I can tell ya that."

Giotto looked around. The place was not what he was used to, what he was expecting. It felt...odd. But at the same time, it was new to him. Giotto looked up at the street sign and looked back down at Jesse. "I'm just surprised the government officials haven't done anything to fix this side of town...they gain more than enough revenue." Giotto said as he crossed his arms and looked around once more. He walked around. "There's little vibrations of electricity here too." Giotto said as he looked back at Jesse. "The phone lines barely transmit any, neither do the electrical ones. They're weak." Giotto muttered under his breath. He smiled and looked around, noticing people here and there, but not making eye contact. "Show me to your friends. I promise I won't get in trouble. Maybe I can help; in electrical terms that is."

Jesse shrugged. "It's not really a big deal. Everyone is pretty cool here anyway, if they like you. I'll show you the people I know. You can try to help, but I dunno if you want them to know you're a mutant. He took Giotto's hand and led him down the street. He was going towards his house, until he heard a familiar voice.

"Kid!" Jesse sighed and turned to see a older man, probably in his twenties. He was sitting on his porch, watching Jesse and Giotto.

"You betta not be getting into trouble." The man said. "If you are, don't drag this poor kid with you."

Jesse crossed his arms and pouted. "Leave me alone Johnny."

Giotto held onto Jesse and moved his hood a bit up to see better at his friend. Johnny, was this guy's name, according to Jesse. "(Get in trouble? I think it's a little too late for that, haha!)" Giotto thought with a smile. He was about to greet the friend when he paused, remembering Jesse's advice to not speak the proper way he was used to. More normal? "Um..." Giotto started. "It's an honor, I mean, it's very nice to meet you, mister Johnny." Giotto said with a confident smile. Nailed it!

Jesse facepalmed. That was a somewhat descent attempt, at least. "Why are you out here anyway, Johnny?"

Johnny raised an eyebrow at Giotto. "Well, this is my porch." He said. "So I don't think it's abnormal. You better not being doing something bad. You're going to get in trouble with this kid aren't you? I can't tell. Don't make me tell your pops you're up to no good.

Jesse shook his head. "Don't tell my pops! You know how he gets. He'll kill me."

Johnny crossed his arms. "I'd rather see your pops freak out and teach you a lesson then you get hurt by a bunch of thugs. I can't bail you out forever."

Grim heard this go down. Teach him a lesson? According to movies and fan fiction that would mean something violent in the end. He couldn't help but to intervene, even a small attempt to bring the peace in any way. "Um, excuse me, mister Johnny. We aren't getting in trouble, promise." Giotto said as he looked up with almost a puppy eye expression. "He's just showing me around. We won't be getting into any trouble! Please don't tell his dad." Giotto said as he hugged Jesse. He had no idea whether this made an attempt of good or worse but at least he tried. "Besides, if any bad people want to hurt him, I'll beat them up."

Jesse looked to Giotto. He definitely wasn't expecting that, especially the hug. He patted Giotto's back awkwardly.

"Uh... See?" Jesse asked. "I'm just showing him around. Damn, I don't get into trouble THAT much."

Johnny chuckled at Giotto's input, especially the 'beat them up' part. He reached out and patted Giotto's head.

"Awright little tyke." Johnny said with a smile. "I believe you both. You better take care of your friend Jesse! I wouldn't want him wasting his energy beating everybody up."

Giotto smiled as he was being petted. At least he made a good impression. He turned to Jesse. "So I'm guessing you do get in some trouble when I'm not around?" Giotto asked laughing slightly. He couldn't help but to wonder, was being attacked by thugs a normal thing around here? He didn't see many of the security police around, if any at all. He would've guessed his father would've distributed the forces equally to each part of the layers. "Jesse." Giotto muttered, lowering his voice almost to a whisper. "Aren't the security department protecting this layer from crimes too?"

"Yeah, I get into some good trouble." Jesse said as he started to walk again with Giotto to his home. "Johnny always bails me out though. One time this giant guy was talking crap, and I threw a stone right at his face! Gave him a black eye. He chased me down a few blocks but Johnny came in and tried to stop the guy. He sorta gave Johnny a black eye too in exchange for not giving me a punch." Jesse chuckled at the thought. "Boy was Johnny pissed!" He quieted down at Giotto's next question. The answer was hell no, but Jesse half thought about lying. "Actually..." Jesse mittered, stopping. "The security don't... But we don't need the help either. A lot of mutants live here, which is good and bad but regular people help protect this layer too."