Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

How do you guys feel like about a KH nuzlocke?

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that:

The Nuzlocke Challenge is a set of rules intended to create a higher level of difficulty while playing the Pokémon games. -Bulbapedia

Well what if someone put something like that in Kingdom Hearts? in any kingdom hearts game they could make the game more difficult than in critical mode if you put in the right set of rules.

Here's what i had in mind:

• No summons
  • Only use Limit form when health is low

These are what i have so far, i would love to accept more ideas in replies from you guys really. I'll add another thread based on ideas if this get alot.

post-55080-0-72827200-1430069594_thumb.gif

• No attacks, rely only on magic
  • Only use items and/or cure when at critical health
  • Limited uses of cures and items when against bosses
  • Allow bosses to hit you for first 5 seconds of battle
  • Keep Auto-Limits, Auto-Drives and Auto Summon abilities equipped when against boss with reaction commands
  • Rely on party members only to inflict damage on enemies in the field
  • Rely only on party members to heal, especially Donald

I can go all day.  :D

• Keep Auto-Limits, Auto-Drives and Auto Summon abilities equipped when against boss with reaction commands

Those sound interesting. How about

• Donald and Goofy cannot equip abilities or armor
  • Have to fight the data battles and armored Terra with Kingdom Key
  • Dont use any magic, only attacks
  • one cure per organization 13 boss battle
  • have master form use Star seeker, valor use Hidden dragon, and ultimate use oblivion
Edited by Karoshi

Here's what i had in mind:

• No summons
  • Only use Limit form when health is low

I... never used those...

YOU MONSTER!!!

Those sound interesting. How about

• Donald and Goofy cannot equip abilities or armor
  • Have to fight the data battles and armored Terra with Kingdom Key
  • Dont use any magic, only attacks
  • one cure per organization 13 boss battle
  • have master form use Star seeker, valor use Hidden dragon, and Master use oblivion

The only hard part might be the Org XIII one.

I can see it working out interestingly for BBS or CoM (only keep the first command/card you find in a given area, discard it when you die) but seems like the overall specifics of Nuzlocke wouldn't necessarily apply to other games.

A lot of these suggestions are valid self-imposed challenges, but the true spirit of a Nuzlocke is that failures have permanent consequences, e.g. Pokemon faints, it's gone for good; get a game over, the run is finished. They're also intended to force you to make use of what you have, like only being able to catch the first Pokemon you find on a route, regardless if it's a good one or not.

In KH, there aren't a lot of permanent consequences you can impose before the game becomes just plain unreasonable. You could apply a No Death rule to simulate Pokemon's "permadeath," but that might be too harsh in a game like KH that's 40 hours long, and where you only get one character to use -- compared to Pokemon, where you get upwards of six chances before it's over. You could instead apply a No Getting Hit rule, but that's just a general No Damage run and doesn't have a permanent consequence for messing up -- it just means you weren't perfect, and perfection isn't necessarily what Nuzlocke is all about. It's about being clever, resourceful, and careful.

KH also doesn't offer a lot of "make-do" possibilities. Sure, there's BBS and CoM's commands/cards, and you can make a rule that you can only use the first ones you find, but commands aren't the true meat of KH. Technically you can get away without using any commands if you're hardcore enough.

Of course, none of this applies if you just want to make rules to make KH harder. It's just that you mentioned Nuzlocke in specific, and it got me thinking that Nuzlocke's brand of challenge might not translate well to a game like KH.

A lot of these suggestions are valid self-imposed challenges, but the true spirit of a Nuzlocke is that failures have permanent consequences, e.g. Pokemon faints, it's gone for good; get a game over, the run is finished. They're also intended to force you to make use of what you have, like only being able to catch the first Pokemon you find on a route, regardless if it's a good one or not.

In KH, there aren't a lot of permanent consequences you can impose before the game becomes just plain unreasonable. You could apply a No Death rule to simulate Pokemon's "permadeath," but that might be too harsh in a game like KH that's 40 hours long, and where you only get one character to use -- compared to Pokemon, where you get upwards of six chances before it's over. You could instead apply a No Getting Hit rule, but that's just a general No Damage run and doesn't have a permanent consequence for messing up -- it just means you weren't perfect, and perfection isn't necessarily what Nuzlocke is all about. It's about being clever, resourceful, and careful.

KH also doesn't offer a lot of "make-do" possibilities. Sure, there's BBS and CoM's commands/cards, and you can make a rule that you can only use the first ones you find, but commands aren't the true meat of KH. Technically you can get away without using any commands if you're hardcore enough.

Of course, none of this applies if you just want to make rules to make KH harder. It's just that you mentioned Nuzlocke in specific, and it got me thinking that Nuzlocke's brand of challenge might not translate well to a game like KH.

do a Nuzlock of a SMT then. on the hardest mode no NG+ good luck with that

What if, instead of Pokemon, it was Keyblades or Abilities? You can progress normally, equpping Keyblades/abilities, but as you progress and die, you cannot use a specific Keyblade or ability. For example: Say your first death is during Agrabah in KH1. If you're using Jungle King and you die, you must try again using Kingdom Key. Same goes for abilities.

Edited by Toominator