Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

FNAF 4 confirmed!

whywon'tyoudie

At least the lore's good. But seriously, I won't hear the end of it by time WB gets that movie out.

>complaints about the game

>complaints about the complaints about the game

I know which one I hate most and in that case:

>complaints about the complaints about the complaints about the game

Because complaints aren't opinions

Edited by Hero of Winds

Oh, I have!

Stealing the wittle cattle's source of food from mama is definitely in the wrong for us humans to do! Mama cows shouldn't have to sacrifice for us humans! Especially when we've got our own milk!

...But seriously. Five Nights at Freddy's was a successful game, having two sequels to it. It should stop at 4 and be done. Games aren't meant to be money-strippers, they're meant to be experiences. When you take that away and reiterate something already great, it feels as if you're just milking a cash cow.

Edited by Sun Wukong

Posted Image

You know why Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill was scary? Because at least he's trying to be subtle about it.

These new animatronics are pretty much grabbing you by the collar and shouting "Look at this! See how scary I am? Be scared damn it!"

Mlking a franchise isn't simply giving it attention. It's about taking what made it memorable in the first place, and exaggerating it. The animatronics in 1 and 2 didn't need drill fingers and creepy eyes and shark teeth to be scary. I mean, I'm still excited and all, but I'm worried about the direction FNaF is taking now. I also hope Scott sticks to his intended release date so he has plenty of time to create a really polished game. I want FNaF to end on a high note, but... seriously. Drill fingers. Are we in FNaF or a slasher movie?

Posted Image

You know why Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill was scary? Because at least he's trying to be subtle about it.

These new animatronics are pretty much grabbing you by the collar and shouting "Look at this! See how scary I am? Be scared damn it!"

Mlking a franchise isn't simply giving it attention. It's about taking what made it memorable in the first place, and exaggerating it. The animatronics in 1 and 2 didn't need drill fingers and creepy eyes and shark teeth to be scary. I mean, I'm still excited and all, but I'm worried about the direction FNaF is taking now. I also hope Scott sticks to his intended release date so he has plenty of time to create a really polished game. I want FNaF to end on a high note, but... seriously. Drill fingers. Are we in FNaF or a slasher movie?

This is what I was trying to say, I guess. You hit it spot on!

Posted Image

It's difficult to say why the animatronics for the fourth game appear to be more monstorous in nature without knowing the story behind it, but Scott always seems to have good reasons for the design of the characters. So while it might have the primary goal of being creepy, it might also have a plot point behind it.

While I do agree that they seem a bit... obvious in their fright factor, I can understand why that might not actually be a bad thing. Assuming the core formula of the game is going to stay the same, you really need to be afraid of these things coming closer to you and getting into your office. And while the first game did this with the basic character designs, it's hard to say if it would still be as scary four games in to just have regular Bonnie appear outside your window. Actually, if anything, keeping with the subtle character design might actually be lending itself to the "milking" accusation, if only because it's the same scare, but again. If nothing else, giving a new edge to the characters looks gives a somewhat more fresh fright to it, and it goes in line with how Scott has tried something a little different with each installment.

Posted Image

0_o

Starting to look like a hybrid of some of the animatronics. But that question, where is he going with this?

Edit: Purple. Hmm...

can you brighten up the picture?There might be a hidden message

Fnaf is pretty much my favorite horror game. I didn't understand it much until I looked at the storylines recently and saw how deep of a game it is. I always thought something was off in how the animatronics just attacked you for no particular reason in the first version and now I feel bad for them.... but we'll have to see how this 4th version comes out. Looks really strange right now as if it isn't going to follow the original storyline but I hope it turns out just as good.

I think what intrigues me the most of the game is the story! For some reason everything just works and when most people freak out when they play these games I laugh every time a Animatronic gets me.

Edited by Oshamu

I love how no one cares about Chica's multi-row shark teeth because we're all too busy freaking out over the cupcake.

The worst Chica can do is eat us. We don't even KNOW what that cupcake is capable of when it gets going.

The cupcake looks burned... the fire incident... Oh no...

Or someone left it in the oven too long.

Edited by MAtgS