Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Demyx.

Anime | Manga Dragon Ball Super new Dragon Ball TV series

I'M SO HYPE RIGHT NOW

Posted Image

Toei Animation has announced production on Dragon Ball Super (Japanese title; tentative for English release), the first all-new Dragon Ball television series to be released in 18 years. Following the recent events of the hit feature film, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’, Dragon Ball Super will debut in Japan in July 2015. 

Reuniting the franchise’s iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super will follow the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain earth’s fragile peace. Overseen by Dragon Ball’soriginal creator, Akira Toriyama and produced with Fuji Television, Dragon Ball Super promises to draw on its historic past to create a "bold, new universe welcoming to fans and endearing to new viewers."

“Having loved Dragon Ball since childhood, it is very exciting to be a part of this project,” said Osamu Nozaki, producer for Fuji Television. “Mr. Toriyama has developed a plot that’s not only a dream come true for Dragon Ball’s millions of fans, but one that will foster in a new generation of viewers.”

“When I joined Toei Animation, one of my first assignments saw me working on the production of Dragon Ball Z,” said Atsushi Kido, producer for Toei Animation. “While there for only a short period of time, being a part of the series left a lasting impression. We look forward to carrying on Dragon Ball’s tremendous legacy, bringing audiences a brand new Dragon Ball with the same sense of heart and commitment that went into past Dragon Ball productions.”

“I’ve used the word ‘cho’ (super) in so many commercials, games and other media, it is fantastic that the long awaited Dragon Ball Super will finally begin,” said Masako Nozawa, Japanese voice actress of Dragon Ball’s Son Goku, Son Gohan and Son Goten. “I hope that this series will last a long time and have the same impact around the world as its predecessor.”

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/28/toei-animation-begins-production-on-dragon-ball-super-tv-anime

Edited by Demyx.

Mmmm, I'm cautious. I still remember what a disappointment GT was. Battle of Gods was great, and Revival of F is looking that way too, but those are movies, not whole extended series- the two require much different forms of storytelling. We'll see how it goes.

(I wanted to be the first to post this, aaaaaagh)

I'm very very very excited, no doubt in my mind. ;)

And Mouse, I don't know what this "GT"you speak of is, but I'm 100% certain that an anime with a story that is actually done by Mr. Toriyama himself will be a masterpiece compared to whatever level of quality it had.

I knew you'd be mad. ;)

Not for sure. But i heard Akira Toriyama is writing/developing the story and the Kai team is directing it.

I knew you'd be mad. ;)

Not for sure. But i heard Akira Toriyama is writing/developing the story and the Kai team is directing it.

Of course he is, its the article you just posted. lol He's overseeing everything. And considering that he is, we can expect the same kind of mix of action/comedy tone that BoG and 'F' had.

Of course he is, its the article you just posted. lol He's overseeing everything. And considering that he is, we can expect the same kind of mix of action/comedy tone that BoG and 'F' had.

Well yeah he is confirmed haha I was mainly speaking of the Kai team. Seeing how amazing battle of the gods was and how F looks... Damn man. This is going to be a real treat. 

Edited by Demyx.

Well yeah he is confirmed haha I was mainly speaking of the Kai team. Seeing how amazing battle of the gods was and how F looks... Damn man. This is going to be a real treat. 

Exactly, and its a welcome return as well. We need more of BoG/'F' style DragonBall in our lives. I may prefer later DragonBall (Z) over early DragonBall, but even I know that at times, it was a little too serious for itself to take. Especially the Cell Saga. That was melodrama incarnate.

Given how well-received the recent movies were and how popular the Xenoverse game was, this was the next logical step. Since it won't be based on a currently-running manga and Toriyama is writing it himself, there hopefully won't be a lot of filler which should make it much easier to swallow than the past series. That said, Toei isn't known for their good art and animation if their recent stuff like Sailor Moon Crystal is anything to go by. Hopefully since this is a TV production instead of a web one and DB is one of the most well-known properties around the world they'll dish out a decent budget for this, but we won't know until July for sure.

Given how well-received the recent movies were and how popular the Xenoverse game was, this was the next logical step. Since it won't be based on a currently-running manga and Toriyama is writing it himself, there hopefully won't be a lot of filler which should make it much easier to swallow than the past series. That said, Toei isn't known for their good art and animation if their recent stuff like Sailor Moon Crystal is anything to go by. Hopefully since this is a TV production instead of a web one and DB is one of the most well-known properties around the world they'll dish out a decent budget for this, but we won't know until July for sure.

Of course its going to be a TV production. Its DragonBall.

Also I doubt "filler" is going to be an issue considering this is a anime-only property with no word of a manga, which frankly, we don't need.

So no god fusion in the next movie? Fine, but SSJG Vegito better have 3 episodes dedicated to him in the next series. And trunks better resemble his cell adult form rather than that crappy GT pansy, I know that kid trunks grew up in an android free world, but damn Atleast retain half of your adult versions badassness. I hope that beerus and whis become main cast members, those guys suit DBZ so well.

So no god fusion in the next movie? Fine, but SSJG Vegito better have 3 episodes dedicated to him in the next series. And trunks better resemble his cell adult form rather than that crappy GT pansy, I know that kid trunks grew up in an android free world, but damn Atleast retain half of your adult versions badassness. I hope that beerus and whis become main cast members, those guys suit DBZ so well.

SSJG Vegito? Why? So Goku and Vegeta can stay in the same body without breaking free... unless Mr. Buu offers to eat them for, like, five minutes... 

Uh, but really, a Metamoran Fusion is more applicable. 

Also, I really don't agree with Trunks being a copy of Future Trunks. I don't like GT Trunks either, but that doesn't mean normal Trunks has to be a copy. He can still be a good character without copying off another one.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP YESSSSS.

Can't wait until this starts. :D It's going to be great!

Mmmm, I'm cautious. I still remember what a disappointment GT was. Battle of Gods was great, and Revival of F is looking that way too, but those are movies, not whole extended series- the two require much different forms of storytelling. We'll see how it goes.

GT wasn't by Toriyama, so it's safe to say this won't be anything like it.

By the way, I'm gonna be that guy and call this series "DragonBall Chou" instead of "DragonBall Super".

For the same reason I say "DragonBall Kai" and not "DragonBall Z Kai".

Yeah...

SSJG Vegito? Why? So Goku and Vegeta can stay in the same body without breaking free... unless Mr. Buu offers to eat them for, like, five minutes...  Uh, but really, a Metamoran Fusion is more applicable.  Also, I really don't agree with Trunks being a copy of Future Trunks. I don't like GT Trunks either, but that doesn't mean normal Trunks has to be a copy. He can still be a good character without copying off another one.

Well the whole concept of fusion is about necessity, if goku could have his way, he probably would have wanted to train trunks and goten individually and boost their base form rather than train them how to fuse for a limited time, but goku didn't have the time since he couldn't use the hyperbolic time chamber anymore so it was necessary to teach the boys fusion. Same with vegito, neither goku nor vegeta wanted to fuse, but it was necessary in order to Atleast counter super buu, so there is no reason why they wouldn't find it necessary later in DBS especially if they go up against a GoD that's stronger than whis, which very well might happen.And trunks, if his adult version is actually based of his DBZ child persona is already on the fast track to being future trunks, he is already cocky like his dad, but hopefully when he grows up he will not have daddy issues like FT did and with age he will also be mellow with his cockiness like FT was, that's essentially what I want, a badass trunks that doesn't sucker up to daddy. Toriyama already took away the concept of a badass gohan from me, he can Atleast leave me trunks.

Well the whole concept of fusion is about necessity, if goku could have his way, he probably would have wanted to train trunks and goten individually and boost their base form rather than train them how to fuse for a limited time, but goku didn't have the time since he couldn't use the hyperbolic time chamber anymore so it was necessary to teach the boys fusion. Same with vegito, neither goku nor vegeta wanted to fuse, but it was necessary in order to Atleast counter super buu, so there is no reason why they wouldn't find it necessary later in DBS especially if they go up against a GoD that's stronger than whis, which very well might happen.And trunks, if his adult version is actually based of his DBZ child persona is already on the fast track to being future trunks, he is already cocky like his dad, but hopefully when he grows up he will not have daddy issues like FT did and with age he will also be mellow with his cockiness like FT was, that's essentially what I want, a badass trunks that doesn't sucker up to daddy. Toriyama already took away the concept of a badass gohan from me, he can Atleast leave me trunks.

It doesn't make sense to do Potara. Yes, its stronger, but its also a story breaker and has a big limiter attached to it. And unless a new rule is made where the Potara can be broken by something other than the stomach acids of Majin Buu, then Metamoran is the way to go.

Trunks definitely doesn't have potential to be GT Trunks as he is now. Still, what's with the need for a "badass" anything in DragonBall? Everybody is already badass. lol And I do mean everybody, even the humans.... ceptSatan. Gohan may not be the same stupid kid that refused to kill Cell and Buu, but he could still kick any punk off the street that looks at him funny. He's half alien after all.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

And Mouse, I don't know what this "GT"you speak of is, but I'm 100% certain that an anime with a story that is actually done by Mr. Toriyama himself will be a masterpiece compared to whatever level of quality it had.

GT wasn't by Toriyama, so it's safe to say this won't be anything like it.

I know, I know, all signs point to awesome, but I can't help it- GT hurt me bad, I can't just forget that.

Besides, I stand by my other point- we're talking TV, not film. I'm sure I don't have to remind you both that Dragon Ball Z the anime is notorious for its tons of pointless filler episodes and bloated overly-long fight scenes. When all that is condensed into an hour and a half movie, its fine; that's why Battle of Gods (and presumably Revival of F) works so well. When all that gets stretched out into a series that'll likely be several dozen episodes long, those can easily become problems again. So I'm cautious.

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

I know, I know, all signs point to awesome, but I can't help it- GT hurt me bad, I can't just forget that.

Besides, I stand by my other point- we're talking TV, not film. I'm sure I don't have to remind you both that Dragon Ball Z the anime is notorious for its tons of pointless filler episodes and bloated overly-long fight scenes. When all that is condensed into an hour and a half movie, its fine; that's why Battle of Gods (and presumably Revival of F) works so well. When all that gets stretched out into a series that'll likely be several dozen episodes long, those can easily become problems again. So I'm cautious.

That was only because it was adapting the original manga and the anime staff obviously proved to not be so good at filling in non-manga time with their own stuff. They don't have an excuse this time. There is no manga, and there is no point in time wasting. Everything should be to the point.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

That was only because it was adapting the original manga and the anime staff obviously proved to not be so good at filling in non-manga time with their own stuff. They don't have an excuse this time. There is no manga, and there is no point in time wasting. Everything should be to the point.

You say that, but even in Battle of Gods there was filler. Remember all that stuff with Emperor Pilaf? Don't get me wrong, I liked that, but only because it was a short silly side diversion. I don't want there to end up being entire episodes devoted to Trunks and Mai's weird romance or whatever they come up with.

You say that, but even in Battle of Gods there was filler. Remember all that stuff with Emperor Pilaf? Don't get me wrong, I liked that, but only because it was a short silly side diversion. I don't want there to end up being entire episodes devoted to Trunks and Mai's weird romance or whatever they come up with.

Quit worrying already, the story is done by the author. lol

Oops, I didn't realize I had to be 100% excited about this like everyone else. I'll stop thinking for myself now, sorry.

Now you're just being defensive.

Look, the story is being handled by the author, he's not going to go off on some filler-fest tangent.

It doesn't make sense to do Potara. Yes, its stronger, but its also a story breaker and has a big limiter attached to it. And unless a new rule is made where the Potara can be broken by something other than the stomach acids of Majin Buu, then Metamoran is the way to go. Trunks definitely doesn't have potential to be GT Trunks as he is now. Still, what's with the need for a "badass" anything in DragonBall? Everybody is already badass. lol And I do mean everybody, even the humans.... ceptSatan. Gohan may not be the same stupid kid that refused to kill Cell and Buu, but he could still kick any punk off the street that looks at him funny. He's half alien after all.

why not just use buu, it's incredibly convenient. Comparing the addition of power levels to the multiplication of them, potara would just be the best option, it's much more reliable especially since there is no time limit, and with the assistance of buu can just break out of it with ease. And they will hopefully be going to new universes in the next series so maybe they can find some potara-undone solution. And there are different types of badassery in DBZ, adult gohan and future gohan kind of show that, and it's nice that he can take on some random douche on the street, but when he has the potential to surpass his father, yet always comes up short, it just takes away from how badass he could be. And also the fact that gohan actually questioned if he can still go super saiyan in revival of f and that he lost almost all of his muscle mass,...it doesn't help his case.