Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Clouded Sun

Square Enix shows new Direct X 12 Graphics a with new tech demo

Agni is back in a new tech demo, as Square Enix shows off its new power in Luminous Studio. Hajime Tabata introduces himself and talks about utilizing this technology in Final Fantasy XV. 

Shortly afterward, we can see a real-time display of Agni crying, one of the hardest expressions to emulate in gaming.

You can see the short video below.

https://youtu.be/2ykt9af9oME

Edited by Sun Wukong

7.8/10 too many polygons.

in a much more serious note, this would've been a better demo if she was wearing a sombrero. or maybe even a faint pokeamie music in the background

That's an IGN answer...

...Is what I would say if they weren't so in love with FFXV.

O.o

The polygons!

I personally think Agni should receive her own game or CGI movie. She has me as interested as when I first saw Noct.

Thinking the exact same thing ;)

Really impressive stuff! Is Agni just going to be the poster child for Square Enix's tech demos though? lol, they should really give her her own game.

Yes! YES! So much yes! She needs a game in that world of hers.

What if, FFXVI features her?

But anyway, poor Agni, two "trailers" and in the first one she is almost killed and in the second she is crying. Will they ever give her a break?

Yes! YES! So much yes! She needs a game in that world of hers. What if, FFXVI features her? But anyway, poor Agni, two "trailers" and in the first one she is almost killed and in the second she is crying. Will they ever give her a break?

What I'm sad about is that it's actually from the PC. So, PS4 or Xbox One won't be able to be that powerful...

Yes! YES! So much yes! She needs a game in that world of hers.

What if, FFXVI features her?

But anyway, poor Agni, two "trailers" and in the first one she is almost killed and in the second she is crying. Will they ever give her a break?

I believe she was crying because of what happened in the first trailer, but who knows. Didn't think they'd call her a witch? They usually call magic users mages in FF. I like it! Hopefully "Agni's Philosophy" is the concept they'll use for FFXVI! I would love that!

What I'm sad about is that it's actually from the PC. So, PS4 or Xbox One won't be able to be that powerful...

The PS4 and Xbox One won't be as powerful but I'm sure the differences won't be that big. Just look at PS4 and PC comparison videos. The difference is really small.

Today at Microsoft's Build conference, Square Enix showed off the graphics power of Direct X 12 plus Nvidia GeForce GTX with a tech demo called "Witch Chapter 0 [cry]". This demo may look familiar and that's because a similar demo with the same character was used in a graphics demo back in 2012 under the name "Agni's Philosophy". Thanks goes to Polygon for the find on this post.

What do you guys think of this? How do you think this new tech demo looks?

Edited by Dimi3Infinity

Absolutely stunning

Video games just keep evolving and evolving. Maybe in the future, actual actors might become obsolete in feature length films and everything will just be CGI'd.

Even the 'wet tear-face' look is super realistic.

I still remember that time while I was watching one of those 'Movie-cutscene' videos of 'Final Fantasy XIII Lightning returns' on my HD smart TV that some youtubers posted up on youtube, my parents walked in and asked who the actor of Lightning was and that she was a real beauty. They were so shocked when I told them it was all CGI'd.

Absolutely stunning

Video games just keep evolving and evolving. Maybe in the future, actual actors might become obsolete in feature length films and everything will just be CGI'd.

Even the 'wet tear-face' look is super realistic.

I still remember that time while I was watching one of those 'Movie-cutscene' videos of 'Final Fantasy XIII Lightning returns' on my HD smart TV that some youtubers posted up on youtube, my parents walked in and asked who the actor of Lightning was and that she was a real beauty. They were so shocked when I told them it was all CGI'd.

even though LR looks good i can still tell its a game. it dosnt look 100% real  

Today at Microsoft's Build conference, Square Enix showed off the graphics power of Direct X 12 plus Nvidia GeForce GTX with a tech demo called "Witch Chapter 0 [cry]". This demo may look familiar and that's because a similar demo with the same character was used in a graphics demo back in 2012 under the name "Agni's Philosophy". Thanks goes to Polygon for the find on this post.

What do you guys think of this? How do you think this new tech demo looks?

Thanks for posting it in 1080p! I didn't even see that,