Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

Why I think an FF7 remake is still possible

Okay, today I'll be talking about why I think an FF7 remake is still very possible.

You remember what Square Enix did at PS Experience? Now it may have seemed like they were trolling us, but... What if this is just a "testing their waters" move? Maybe they just wanna see if there is still genuine interest in FF7. However, I don't think this port alone would be enough to convince them. I also think FFXV needs to do well. Remember when they said in order to remake FF7, they first need to make an FF that surpasses it in quality? Well, that's a tall order. Anyway, what if FFXV DOES surpass FF7 in the fan base's opinion? Does that mean we'll get an FF7 remake? Well, it seems possible. FFXV is likely to release in 2016, just one year after that will be FF7's 20th anniversary. So, if this port of FF7 sells well, and FFXV surpasses FF7, then an FF7 remake might happen? It would certainly be good way to celebrate the 20th anniversary, and SE would be swimming in cash. It might be wishful thinking, but I think SE might be saving the FF7 remake announcement for the game's 20th anniversary. What are your thoughts?

Edited by soravids

Okay, today I'll be talking about why I think an FF remake is still very possible.

You remember what Square Enix did at PS Experience? Now it may have seemed like they were trolling us, but... What if this is just a "testing their waters" move? Maybe they just wanna see if there is still genuine interest in FF7. However, I don't think this port alone would be enough to convince them. I also think FFXV needs to do well. Remember when they said in order to remake FF7, they first need to make an FF that surpasses it in quality? Well, that's a tall order. Anyway, what if FFXV DOES surpass FF7 in the fan base's opinion? Does that mean we'll get an FF7 remake? Well, it seems possible. FFXV is likely to release in 2016, just one year after that will be FF7's 20th anniversary. So, if this port of FF7 sells well, and FFXV surpasses FF7, then an FF7 remake might happen? It would certainly be good way to celebrate the 20th anniversary, and SE would be swimming in cash. It might be wishful thinking, but I think SE might be saving the FF7 remake announcement for the game's 20th anniversary. What are your thoughts?

That's assuming Toriyama's current project finishes development by then. Unlikely.

I don't think so. They have been making tons money off ports and spin-offs/sequels since the day the original came out, and actually bringing out the HD remake would stop that moneytrain. It would give it a massive boost, but then it stops, and Square doesn't want that. Also, the fans have been clamoring for it for so long, so it's near impossible to live up to the expectations. It needs to look perfect, otherwise it will go down in history as the greatest failure of all time. And I don't think Square will risk that.

I don't think so. They have been making tons money off ports and spin-offs/sequels since the day the original came out, and actually bringing out the HD remake would stop that moneytrain. It would give it a massive boost, but then it stops, and Square doesn't want that. Also, the fans have been clamoring for it for so long, so it's near impossible to live up to the expectations. It needs to look perfect, otherwise it will go down in history as the greatest failure of all time. And I don't think Square will risk that.

Pretty much. A remake of that scale could make or break Square Enix, literally.

i have given up all hope of ever seeing a true remake. if they do, ill honestly be shocked beyond description at this point. theyve set a pretty high order, and if they keep up at the rate theyre going, theyd never truly top it. so the odds of them making it is between slim and nonexistant. unless they get their heads out of their *** and start doing decent work, its not going to happen anytime soon.

i have given up all hope of ever seeing a true remake. if they do, ill honestly be shocked beyond description at this point. theyve set a pretty high order, and if they keep up at the rate theyre going, theyd never truly top it. so the odds of them making it is between slim and nonexistant. unless they get their heads out of their *** and start doing decent work, its not going to happen anytime soon.

They're in the middle of a bunch of games that are miles better than getting an FFVII remake anyway. FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 3, that new game Toriyama is teasing about, Deus Ex, Bravely Second...

They're in the middle of a bunch of games that are miles better than getting an FFVII remake anyway. FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 3, that new game Toriyama is teasing about, Deus Ex, Bravely Second...

only things im wrecking my brain waiting for nowadays are kh3, ff15, and news on hopefully getting dq7 3ds localized. at least the japanese versions actually made on the last one. now if theyd just get the ****ing thing translated! :angry:

Oh, don't worry there are plenty of people who do want Square Enix to die.

Did someone call my name?? jkz

I reckon FFVII will get a remake eventually. It may not be in our generation but probably in one of our descendents generation where Square Enix attempts to seed the love for Final Fantasy into another generation by making remakes. I'm still hoping they'll make a CGI movie since I'm not too good with the games but I love their CGI cutscenes and stuff related to animation xD

Did someone call my name?? jkz

I reckon FFVII will get a remake eventually. It may not be in our generation but probably in one of our descendents generation where Square Enix attempts to seed the love for Final Fantasy into another generation by making remakes. I'm still hoping they'll make a CGI movie since I'm not too good with the games but I love their CGI cutscenes and stuff related to animation xD

I doubt it. Kitase & Toriyama will be gone by then.

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete is a CGI movie.

I doubt it. Kitase & Toriyama will be gone by then.

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete is a CGI movie.

Actually just because someone leaves the staff doesn't mean that it ends there.

And yes I know FFVII ACC is a movie, what I meant to say was I was hoping they'd make more CGI films. But thats what I want, everybody has different desires. Some of you want FFXV, some want KH3, some here want FFVII remake.

How do you know they'll be gone?

They'll be like 70 years old. Lol.

Actually just because someone leaves the staff doesn't mean that it ends there.

And yes I know FFVII ACC is a movie, what I meant to say was I was hoping they'd make more CGI films. But thats what I want, everybody has different desires. Some of you want FFXV, some want KH3, some here want FFVII remake.

I actually think it does. It's kinda hard to do a full remake of a game when no one who worked on it is left.

Yeah, another CGI movie would be cool but Square Enix views video games as the ultimate form of media and storytelling and the Advent Children team was merged into the FFXV team.

They'll be like 70 years old. Lol.

I actually think it does. It's kinda hard to do a full remake of a game when no one who worked on it is left.

Yeah, another CGI movie would be cool but Square Enix views video games as the ultimate form of media and storytelling and the Advent Children team was merged into the FFXV team.

That doesn't exactly confirm that they'll be leaving. And even if they do, that still doesn't make an FF7 remake impossible.

That doesn't exactly confirm that they'll be leaving. And even if they do, that still doesn't make an FF7 remake impossible.

Ummm, yeah because you have people directing and producing video games in their '70s. Lol.

Oh, sure if you want people who have nothing to do with Final Fantasy VII remaking it. That would be like getting Sucker Punch to remake Final Fantasy VII.

Ummm, yeah because you have people directing and producing video games in their '70s. Lol.

Oh, sure if you want people who have nothing to do with Final Fantasy VII remaking it. That would be like getting Sucker Punch to remake Final Fantasy VII.

You could get SE employee's who are very familiar with the game and following the original's assets. Good enough for me.

You could get SE employee's who are very familiar with the game and following the original's assets. Good enough for me.

The original's assets don't exist, if they did we'd have a HD remaster. Haha.

The original's assets don't exist, if they did we'd have a HD remaster. Haha.

Haha? You almost make it seem like the originals assets not existing is a good thing. They do still exist. The steam version is an HD remaster.

Haha? You almost make it seem like the originals assets not existing is a good thing. They do still exist. The steam version is an HD remaster.

Wrong, they don't. Square Enix does not have the original assets. It's actually not. Shinji Hashimoto clearly said at PlayStation Experience "upscaled graphics". Sure, they've touched up the character models and text but the backgrounds are still PSOne quality.

Wrong, they don't. Square Enix does not have the original assets. It's actually not. Shinji Hashimoto clearly said at PlayStation Experience "upscaled graphics". Sure, they've touched up the character models and text but the backgrounds are still PSOne quality.

Well okay. They lost KH1's assets, but that didn't stop 1.5 HD.

Edited by soravids

That's assuming Toriyama's current project finishes development by then. Unlikely.

Why does it have to be his team that makes it though? 

Pretty much. A remake of that scale could make or break Square Enix, literally.

So basically it will be just like another main title. They are pouring tons of money with each new numbered title. If one of them fails it will probably be like the pre-merge all over again.

Anyway, isn't XV close to being in that scale? With the whole open world, cars and airships and all? If not that then I'm sure XVI will atleast be.

Why does it have to be his team that makes it though? 

So basically it will be just like another main title. They are pouring tons of money with each new numbered title. If one of them fails it will probably be like the pre-merge all over again.

Anyway, isn't XV close to being in that scale? With the whole open world, cars and airships and all? If not that then I'm sure XVI will atleast be.

Tabata's focused on Type-1 after FFXV. Nomura's focused on KH. Only Toriyama's left.