Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbBP5KxrNNg&feature=youtu.be

Yes. In the age of reboots and remakes, McDonald's has gone ahead and brought back the Hamburglar, who was once a pudgy cartoon looking mofo but is now apparantly a young, attractive male with a wife and kid, in order to promote their new sirloin burger product.

I feel like I should be mad at this, but I just find it hilarious. I mean, its the freaking Hamburlgar. As an actual person. Who many people, based on his appearance in this trailer and his costume, think is hot.

LOOK AT HIM!

Posted Image

I mean, shit, if people aren't buying McDonald's from now on just so he can keep his mitts off the meals, then I bet they are now just so they can catch him in action and, uh, well, share some fries with him... if you know know what I mean... heh... f-fast food jokes are hard.

And of course, this has spawned debate on whether or not this is a good decision or not. I don't really care to comment on that, I'm too busy realizing that we live in a day and age where discussing the importance of fast food joint mascots is actually a hot-button topic. Ain't it strange?

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I love how that commercial implies that this is the same Hamburglar from years ago, only he's gotten past his thieving ways, settled down, started a family, put his past behind him. But now, a new, fancier burger is announced, and he can't help himself, he has to steal it, one last glorious heist to end all heists, this reformed man will risk it all for one last burger.

Also I like his trenchcoat.

The guy makes his own burgers now, but still wants to steal a McDonald's burger anyway. Flawless thinking, Mr. Hamburglar.

But why cook your own burger when you could put on a supervillain outfit and go to absurd lengths to steal a much worse burger from a shitty fast food joint?

But why cook your own burger when you could put on a supervillain outfit and go to absurd lengths to steal a much worse burger from a shitty fast food joint?

I guess the second option is more fun. xD

I love how that commercial implies that this is the same Hamburglar from years ago, only he's gotten past his thieving ways, settled down, started a family, put his past behind him. But now, a new, fancier burger is announced, and he can't help himself, he has to steal it, one last glorious heist to end all heists, this reformed man will risk it all for one last burger.

Also I like his trenchcoat.

You know who also did one last heist?

Posted Image

Anyways, I find this to actually be nice, a mascot grew up, and now he is back for another go. It's always nice to see an old face! :)