Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
VisitJoan

Have you attended a Kingdom Hearts related event at an anime convention?

100 members have voted

1. 1. Have you attended a Kingdom Hearts related event at an anime convention?

• Yes! I got to meet a voice actor who worked on the games.
    • Yes! I attended or hosted a Kingdom Hearts panel put on by fans.
    • No, but I would like to.
    • No, I don't really like anime conventions.
    • I attended or was part of a an event different than the two above (and will discuss below).

I went to 2 panels hosted by Quinton Flynn, and got to ask him if he had ever eaten sea-salt ice cream (He did at Disney World).  What about you guys?

Edited by CrownedCyborgHDMaster

I hosted a panel at a local convention; hope to get back again this year.

I've also met Quinton Flynn, but I was more focused on Metal Gear than Kingdom Hearts.

(Although I did have him sign a picture of Axel I drew.)

The only convetion I ever went to was Anime Expo, and in the few times I attended I don't recall there being any events related to KH. If there were, I wouldn't have even gone to them because I wasn't a KH fan at the time. The only real world event I did that was even remotely associated with KH was a brief infiltration of Barnes and Noble to get the KH novel, but that's not the same as going to a con. There's less shame when you're surrounded by peers.

I was gonna go to the 2.5 launch event in L.A. but i didn't have a car at the time and i was going to have to take a train through the some not so good parts of L.A. in the night...

Nope.

Reasons:

1. Tends to be in the US/other continents.

2. No friends to go with. My real life friends aren't really gamers.

3. Too lazy.

Anime convention? Don't make me laugh! I live in the south where nothing exciting truly happens to have a big anime event to celebrate Kingdom Hearts. The closet thing I have ever been to to a big event for something was Pokemon. For Pokemon, I went to both the 10th ANV and the Black and White tours, and I had tons of fun there at each one. The BW tour was close to where my cousins live and so that was easy to get to, while I had to do some real convincing of my parents to get to go to the 10th ANV tour. But yeah, I would like to go to a KH event, but there just isn't going to be one where I live anytime soon.

Edited by WakingDawn96

I really don't like the idea of going to an anime convention (It's cool if people like them, they're just not at all events that I'd personally enjoy), so no. :/ I probably wouldn't really be interested in a Kingdom Hearts event, anyway. Only gaming events I've gone to were the 2013 Nintendo E3 thing at Best Buy, and Smashfest 2014. Of course, I spent 95% of my time at each event waiting in a line to play a demo of a game. Totally worth it, though.

Usually it tends to be a cosplay gathering, where we get to take some cool pictures with other fellow cosplayers. I'm going to be cosplaying three franchises at my convention this month, so I'm looking forward to a lot of awesome encounters. Also, Super Smash Bros knows no limits nor copyright laws when it comes to real life conventions, so all out friendly brawls, slams, melees, and whatever else kind of non-violent costumed scuffle you like to get into with other cosplayers are very commonplace. Fanime Con this month is definitely going to mark the beginning of summer for me! X3 <3

Nope. Never was interested in them.

I've also met Quinton Flynn, but I was more focused on Metal Gear than Kingdom Hearts.

I  WANT TO SOOOOO BADLY!!!! : 

I've never been to a convention for anything in my life, although I'd like to go someday. 

Nope. Never even been to an anime convention, but I want to someday.

No. Never really been a type of person to go to a convention type thing

No... I went to some anime conventions in my old city but there wasn't any kingdom hearts event :(

I was gonna go to the 2.5 launch event in L.A. but i didn't have a car at the time and i was going to have to take a train through the some not so good parts of L.A. in the night...

Nah. Wouldn't mind going to one though

I really don't like the idea of going to an anime convention (It's cool if people like them, they're just not at all events that I'd personally enjoy), so no. :/ I probably wouldn't really be interested in a Kingdom Hearts event, anyway. Only gaming events I've gone to were the 2013 Nintendo E3 thing at Best Buy, and Smashfest 2014. Of course, I spent 95% of my time at each event waiting in a line to play a demo of a game. Totally worth it, though.

-sigh- No. I wish I did. :( But the first convention I went to (back in 2011), I saw some  KH cosplayers and I got the Heartless Emblem Necklace. That's as close I have gotten... 

Usually it tends to be a cosplay gathering, where we get to take some cool pictures with other fellow cosplayers. I'm going to be cosplaying three franchises at my convention this month, so I'm looking forward to a lot of awesome encounters. Also, Super Smash Bros knows no limits nor copyright laws when it comes to real life conventions, so all out friendly brawls, slams, melees, and whatever else kind of non-violent costumed scuffle you like to get into with other cosplayers are very commonplace. Fanime Con this month is definitely going to mark the beginning of summer for me! X3

Reading these comments makes me feel lucky to have a big con practically in my backyard 

Reading these comments makes me feel lucky to have a big con practically in my backyard 

I do believe I mentioned I have a local convention. I'm from the central coast on California, so every Memorial day weekend San Jose holds an anime/game/everything convention called Fanime Con. It's only an hour and 15 minutes from where I live, so it's practically in my backyard as well. But yeah, it is a lucky thing to have such a relatively big scale convention so close by and be relatively affordable. Although it doesn't get as many big names, or at least none I'm familiar with, although I did get to meet Bennett the Sage last year, and I know he's there this year. Still, I'd love to get a chance to go to other bigger conventions so I can meet with some other celebrities that I really want to meet, like Nostalgia Critic, Stan Lee, Quinton Flynn, etc.

It wasn't a Kingdom Hearts related event but I did get to meet Richard Epcar (voice of Ansem SoD/Terra-Xehanort) at an anime convention a couple of years back.

OMG, SERIOUSLY!? LUCKY!! :O

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!? WHICH CONVENTION WAS THAT!? I'M SO JELLY!! :O

always wanted to go to one and meet someone but it was either too far away or i had no money or patience to go through the lines.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!? WHICH CONVENTION WAS THAT!? I'M SO JELLY!! :O

The con I host a panel at is called Anime Banzai, and it takes place in northern Utah. I also sell there at an artist alley table sometimes (but I forgot to sign up for one this year x_x).

I met Quiton Flynn at AniMegaCon's first run, but I met him a second time at a minor gaming convention hosted by my school. (Like, so minor I don't even know if it will happen again.)

Man, you live so close to Fanime?! That's awesome! :D My sister occasionally gets a table there, but I'm too small fry to go... T_T