Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ announced for iOS & Android, a free-to-play title for smartphones releasing 2015

mmm

this better not hurt our chances at an actual KH game

or at least KH3dHD

Aww, cute, you thought we where getting a real game.

OMG the hype is real. It is SOOOO real!

I'm excited to finally play this game. And it's free too. :D

EDIT: So this looks like our 2015 KH game. Now I'm definitely betting that KH3 is coming out in 2017 with 2016's game being a KH DDD HD ReMix.

Nah, this in 2015, 1.5 PS4 in 2016, 2.5 PS4 in 2018, 3D PS4 in 2019 then KH3 in 2020

YES FINALLY :-D

I hope that the story is the same as it is in KHx[chi], and I wonder why they changed the name to Unchained Key?

"Unchained" is probably because its a mobile version so it's no longer "chained" to a stationary console and "Key" is probably to avoid confusion over their intended pronunciation of "Chi"

depends on how much Nomura wants to keep the 1 KH per year thing going

Until KH3 comes out, but he'll only be doing remakes/ports until then.

it's a guarantee, sure, but this isn't like making a game, it's just a port, so I'd rather have it sooner than later

Ports are all we're getting until KH3

I'm not going to be getting anything KH on mobile, so I'd prefer a game I'll actually play. That's all there is to it

Your loss

Welp, this happened....... Not happy about it, but it happened, maybe I would care a bit more if i had a cellphone, and maybe I would care if I didn't have type two thumb hypoplasia, also graphically it is going to be poor.. :L

Edit: Why does everybody think this is going to be KH X? Squeenix won't take X and make a big announcement about it being released on mobile, they would be more likely to say something along the lines of, "Hey we are making the KH X website have a mobile version, now you will be able to take the game anywhere!" Or, "Hey we are working on a KH X app and it will be released soon, so you will be able to take the game anywhere!" This is something different, logically it CAN'T be X. 

Oh, I dunno, maybe because the one making the announcement specifically said it was a remake of Chi?"The gameplay of Key remade for smartphones", as far as I know they're no game call Kingdom Hearts Key so they must be talking about Chi which is intended to be pronounced the same way.

Also, here's a slightly more in-depth articlehttp://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/12/kingdom-hearts-unchained-xchi-announced-for-smartphones/

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Aww, cute, you thought we where getting a real game.

Nah, this in 2015, 1.5 PS4 in 2016, 2.5 PS4 in 2018, 3D PS4 in 2019 then KH3 in 2020

"Unchained" is probably because its a mobile version so it's no longer "chained" to a stationary console and "Key" is probably to avoid confusion over their intended pronunciation of "Chi"

Until KH3 comes out, but he'll only be doing remakes/ports until then.

Ports are all we're getting until KH3

Your loss

Oh, I dunno, maybe because the one making the announcement specifically said it was a remake of Chi?"The gameplay of Key remade for smartphones", as far as I know they're no game call Kingdom Hearts Key so they must be talking about Chi which is intended to be pronounced the same way.

Also, here's a slightly more in-depth articlehttp://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/12/kingdom-hearts-unchained-xchi-announced-for-smartphones/

real game? where'd you get that from "port of KH3D"?

oh, ports are all we're getting from now until KH3? I'm so glad Tetsuya Nomura joined this KH forum to tell us the future

lol

my loss that I'm not gonna play a random mediocre phone game? alright

real game? where'd you get that from "port of KH3D"?

oh, ports are all we're getting from now until KH3? I'm so glad Tetsuya Nomura joined this KH forum to tell us the future

lol

my loss that I'm not gonna play a random mediocre phone game? alright

You said "Actual" which is synonymous with "real"He said that in an interview two years ago.And your loss at missing out on a story that will likely have ramifications in KH3.

I'm just hoping this isn't a "free-to-play-pay-to-win" game. Either way, I'm really excited!

I am sorry to say that if it is anything like KHx, it is.And if someone doesn't have a smartphone there are various Android emulators for PCs if they still wanted to play.

Edited by Tigerruss

You said "Actual" which is synonymous with "real"He said that in an interview two years ago.And your loss at missing out on a story that will likely have ramifications in KH3.

Actual being something not on phones

He definitely didn't, because we never even got KH2.5 confirmed right away, never mind that we're getting nothing but remasters

You seem to forget that we live in a world with things like computers

and internet

you don't "miss" the story

if that was true people would be missing SO MUCH of KH's story anyways, since 20% of it comes from interviews and Japan exclusive content

Actual being something not on phones

He definitely didn't, because we never even got KH2.5 confirmed right away, never mind that we're getting nothing but remasters

You seem to forget that we live in a world with things like computers

and internet

you don't "miss" the story

if that was true people would be missing SO MUCH of KH's story anyways, since 20% of it comes from interviews and Japan exclusive content

So a moble game can't be a real game? When modern Smartphones have at least as much processing power as the first PlayStation? Maybe more? Okay.He did, it was on the front page of this very site. A confirmation of not getting new games is not a confirmation of remasters. It's just remasters are the only way he can keep to "one game a year" and "no new games" at the same time.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

So a moble game can't be a real game? When modern Smartphones have at least as much processing power as the first PlayStation? Maybe more? Okay.He did, it was on the front page of this very site. A confirmation of not getting new games is not a confirmation of remasters. It's just remasters are the only way he can keep to "one game a year" and "no new games" at the same time.

processing power really isn't what makes a game "real"

mobile games are simply hampered by their environment. They're encouraged to be price gouging, low effort, and more than that, awfully controlled. But more than that, I'm not gonna buy a phone just to play a KH app that IS good, but it has exactly zero chance of being as good as or better than KH2.

And

citation needed. You're going to have to link this article, not just talk about it.

processing power really isn't what makes a game "real"

mobile games are simply hampered by their environment. They're encouraged to be price gouging, low effort, and more than that, awfully controlled. But more than that, I'm not gonna buy a phone just to play a KH app that IS good, but it has exactly zero chance of being as good as or better than KH2.

And

citation needed. You're going to have to link this article, not just talk about it.

Chi is a real game, this is a port of Chi, thus this is a real game.Well if you don't have a smartphone that one thing. They can be expensive.You know what, believe what ever you want. I know what I saw and I don't have to waste my time trying to prove it to you. If you want proof you can look for it yourself. 

This is awesome :D I just got a Galaxy on my birthday and can't wait to play this. I played the browser but was slow as hell. Now I'll be able to experience this fun game normally :) Also... new features. Do you think it is still possible that they'll add co-op multiplayer in this version of the game? That would be awesome. Either way, it's still a must-get for me :) excited!

Now for the console KH game announcement... E3 here we come!

Are we even sure KH is going to be at E3? It hasn't been confirmed or anything. And now that you just mentioned it, Sora96 is going to bust out Square Enix's E3 list and end it with the words Toriyama's new game with three periods at the end.