Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shard the Gentleman

Text The Search for Aaron - A KH13 Story

In the southern regions of Asia, a bright young lad took his first steps on the sands of the India. He had traveled the world in search for a cure. Not a physical illness, but an emotional one. He hadn't been able to fulfill true happiness. He had hoped to find it here. After taking a quick glimpse, the young man, Shard, decided to go to town.

He had heard of foods that brought on good emotions. Chocolate that gives off love, coconuts that give off bliss. But no, it wasn't meant to be. The town had been closed off, protestors filled the streets. What was going on? Shard was confused, and went to get a closer look.

"Alright you natives, we be harvesting the goods here, you just mind yourself!" A loud female voice filled the air. Shard looked to the voice.

It wasn't a voice he recognized. Why would it be? It was her first time in India. But the female was obviously American, her skin white as snow, her eyes an indescribable color.

"Captain Hargle!" a voice called out. "All the goods are loaded, and ready for shipping." It was revealed to be a young male, who also appeared to be American.

"Good." Captain Hargle commented. She took a look out into the crowd before saying "You're all free to return to your markets." The gang quickly dispersed, and the crowds did the same. Shard followed the Captain. However, it wasn't too long before she had taken noticed.

"Trixie!" She yelled. The young man from before returned quickly.
"Yes Captain!" Orderly and clean, the recruit stood awaiting orders.
"Take care of our stalker. I must tend to the grounds!" Trixie nodded, and ran towards Shard, blade in hand. Shard, hoping to cause confusion, began to dance. Trixie looked at the young man in confusion. Why was she dancing when she was about to be murdered? He lifted his blade high, and quickly brought it back down. Shard begins to slide backwards, as required of him in his dancing. However, this caused him to bump into Trixie, who drops his sword due to the surprise. Shard quickly picks up the sword, and aims it at Trixie.

"What are you doing with the town goods?" He asked forcibly. The man begins to laugh.

“We all have to die sometime, yes? You might as well end me now, I'm not telling you anything!" Shard takes the blade, and swipes it at Trixie's right leg. It comes off in one clean hit, and he falls to the ground. Shard walks over and places the edge of the blade against Trixie's waist.

"Answer my question, or your goods go too." Trixie cried out in pain, not being able to answer clearly. Shard lowers the blade towards his nether regions, lifts the blade high, and...

"STOP!" another female voice calls out. It wasn't the Captain... No, this was someone new. Shard couldn't tell who she was, but she could definitely tell she was part of Hargles crew.

"Don't hurt him anymore!" Shard stared at the woman, before querying.

"Who are you?" The blade still aimed for Trixie's regions.

"I am Crewman KittensOnFire, and I'm here to take you back to the ship! Captain's watched your moves from afar, and knows a good fighter when she sees one."

"KittensOnFire? That’s a weird name. Why was she watching me?" Shard was rather enraged that the Captain would let a crewman get injured. KittensOnFire sighed, and answered.

"Because, the Captain needs new crew members, and we're running low on Numbers, which is why I came here before you could finish off poor Trixie there.” Two male crew members walk up from behind KittensOnFire, carrying a stretcher. They lift Trixie onto it, and carry it back to the ship. Shard lowered the blade, but kept it in hand in case he was being tricked.

“Alright, KittensOnFire. I’ll go with you for now, but no tricks or you know where this blade’ll end up.”

“Follow me” KittensOnFire nodded nervously before leading KittensOnFire away. KittensOnFire looked back several times, to be sure that Shard had not planned on sticking her while she wasn’t looking. Together, they headed back towards the beach, or rather, the port near it. The port itself was small enough, but the ship was indescribable.

“Welcome to the KH13.” KittensOnFire finally said. Shard continued staring at the ship in awe. The details in the wood work… Wait, woodwork? Its 2015, why is this ship made of wood? KittensOnFire led Shard up the ramp, and onto the ship. The two males that had taken Trixie away were sitting on deck, playing with a deck of cards. Shard walks to the wheel sitting on the upper deck. There was no one there, so he took hold of the mantels. It did nothing, of course. Shard looked at his hands, feeling foolish. KittensOnFire walked up to meet with Shard.

"I want you to meet some of your crew members. Follow me." Shard complied, and walked back to the lower deck with KittensOnFire, who lead her to the two playing with the cards. Shard didn't recognize these kinds of cards. The male on the left had a card labeled "Chespin", while the male on the right had a card labeled "Froakie"

"Meet Sky, and Soul." KittensOnFire spoke, speaking the later name with loftiness. The two didn't look up, but instead continued their game.

"Sky... and Soul..." KittensOnFire continued. Soul looked up as KittensOnFire said his name.

"Hey." That's all he said before looking back down.

"Um… we’re pretty close, I guess you could say. But there's two more people you need to meet. Follow me... again" Once again, Shard followed KittensOnFire across the deck, and towards a door, that lead into a hallway. The two together went into the first room on the left. A man was standing near a bedside, over Trixie. After looking around the room, Shard determined that this was the Nurses room.

“This is our nurse, WakingDawn.” Jasha looked up to Shard, and chuckled.

“So, you’re the one that put poor Trixie here in my office.” Shard looked over towards Trixie, feeling some regret for doing what he had.

"Yes" she spoke. WakingDawn sighed, and walked over to the two.

"You know, we used to call him Legs. But now, we have to call him... just Leg." WakingDawn had hoped to lighten up the situation. So, two careless members, one Captain, one lofty nurse, and a ship named KH13. What was going on, even?

“Look, I just want to speak with the Captain.” Shard said lightly. He was tired, it had already been a long day, and she didn’t know what she was supposed to do here.

“Alright, it’s the door right across from this room. Go in there alone.” Waking said, rather than KittensOnFire. In fact, KittensOnFire wasn’t even in the room. Shard assumed she had left to join Sky and Soul. Shard looked out the door, to the other door labeled with “Hargle.” Once in the hall, he took a deep breath, and opened the door. She took a few steps in. The Captain was sitting quietly in a chair, facing out a window behind her desk.

“Captain Hargle?” Shard spoke lightly, as to not get herself in too much trouble yet.

“Please,” the woman spoke. She turned her chair around, stood up, and removed her hat. “It’s Captain Jak Hargle.”

-End of Chapter One-

IF I USED THE WRONG PRONOUNS, I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE. Correct me, if you wish, and I will fix them above.

Why am I a freakin nurse for? I know nothing about being a nurse, and that is beyond what I want to do with life. Plus I don't like people, and only help those who I choose to help. Helping people who I don't want to is not what a nurse does. But at least I was included, that's a plus.

Why am I a freakin nurse for? I know nothing about being a nurse, and that is beyond what I want to do with life. Plus I don't like people, and only help those who I choose to help. Helping people who I don't want to is not what a nurse does. But at least I was included, that's a plus.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you D:Everyone on the Ship KH13 has some goal they're working to, so don't worry.

Sir, that was a little rude of you. It's all done in a good spirit and for fun you know. We're not LITERALLY in a Sailing Ship so he can make us whatever he pleases, as long as it isn't mean-spirited.

Just, try to be a bit more mindful of your words next time if you please. :)

As for this Fanfic, liking it so far! :D

Yes yes, but recently Aaron made me his super slave. ;)

Well, look at this. X3

Cyborg as Aaron's Super Slave...this Site just gets classier by the day! X3

(On a side note, I have yet to prove myself worthy of the News Team...I must soon.)

Well, look at this. X3

Cyborg as Aaron's Super Slave...this Site just gets classier by the day! X3

(On a side note, I have yet to prove myself worthy of the News Team...I must soon.)

One day I shall take DC's place as Aaron's awesome sidekick!

CH 2... not so good tbh but every story needs a slow, boring, idiot chapter.

CH 2

Shard stared back at the captain in surprise. What beauty! Shaking his head to regain his focus, Shard asked;

“Why are you stealing from the townsfolk?" The Captain hadn't taken notice of Shard's hesitancy. She dropped her tainted hat onto the table, and put her right hand thusly.

"Honestly speaking, we need the ground provisions to keep the crew lively. Except Sky. He doesn't like the grounds too much." The Captain shuffled a bit before continuing. "You know, so we can pillage and plunder for more Grounds." Shard wasn't exactly happy with that answer.

"So wait, you steal grounds, so you can steal more grounds? That doesn't really add up."

Hargle smirked. "You're smart. Truth is, we're not just stealing grounds. This is our main import, but it's not our only goal. We're looking for other things, things you won't learn about until later. That is, if you join. What say you, Shard?" Shard, once again hesitant, answered back. 

"Fine, but ONLY if you provide me with some answers!" Hargle admired the bravery that this newcomer had to offer.

"Perfect. For now, go join the rest of the crew on deck. I'll tell you more later." Shard complied. A pirate, eh? This isn't what he was hoping to do today. He took a second to look back at what she had done.

I chopped off someones LEG. Why would I do that? Shard hadn't been able to feel as powerful as before- just negative emotions, such as regret and anger. It was almost as if the rest were stolen from him. He only had memories and echoes of them. That's why he had traveled to India in the first place- to see if he could get them back.

Trixie had managed to join the rest of the group on Deck, hopping along with Waking, who had attached a neat little peg leg to him. Soul and Sky ended their game, and rushed to join Trixie, with KittensOnFire close behind.

"Why the hell did you chop off his Leg?" Soul asked, slightly worried about his own well being. Shard looked back at Soul, and simply smiled.

“Because I’m Fifty Shades of firetrucked up, Soul.” Sky began laughing, the rest of the crew confused.

“Did you just quote Fifty Shades of Grey?” Sky continued laughing. KittensOnFire punched him in the stomach before approaching Shard.

“So, what are you doing here in India, anyways? Are you also here for Coffee Grounds?” Trixie spoke up before Kittens could speak, keeping his eyes level with Shards.

“What’s wrong, Trixie? You’re looking a bit wooden.” Sky asked. “Maybe you and Smith should sit for awhile.”

“Smith?”

“Your new leg.” KittensOnFire answered back, recognizing the Mary Poppins reference.

“Um…” Shard spoke again amidst the rabble. “I’m here because…” He wasn’t sure if he should tell them the story yet… but then again, there wasn’t much to keep from them. It couldn’t hurt, right?

“Awhile back, I hadn’t been quite like this. I wasn’t one to chop off legs, or threaten to do so. In fact, I was even afraid of blood. Now, though, I feel as though I don’t have those things keeping me back. I don’t feel things like Sadness, Happiness, Love, Joy… just Anger, Regret, and a sort of Neutral emotion.” The group remained silent for a bit. Waking stepped forward, giving Trixie the chance to stand on his own.

“When did this start?” He queried. Shard took a moment to recall the events leading up to the loss of his emotions.

-

“Awh, come on, Kunivas! Cyborg was just kidding!” Kunivas hadn’t much care for sarcasm, however. He stood away from the group, trying to keep himself secluded until he calmed down.

“Nice going, Cyborg.” Another young woman, Exilra, complained, punching the mechanical being, who rubbed his arm in response.

“Come on, it wasn’t my fault! And stop calling me Cyborg! It’s Crown!”

“Guys, can you shut up for a minute?” Our well known friend, Shard, spoke up.  “Has anyone seen Weedanort?”

“Weedawho?”

“Who’s Weedanort?” Another Rabble of distain confusion arose, throwing the group into semichaos.

“Come on, you guys know Weed! He was with us only a few minutes a-“ A large flash interrupted the boys speech, followed by short screams of anguish, and a discernible laughter.

“Guys?” Shard tried to call out, but to no avail. His voice didn’t sound-didn’t echo. Nothing could be seen, and shortly after…

-

“I woke up in my bed. No one had any memory of my friends. After awhile, I noticed the lack of emotion… and so, I started doing my own research, which led me here.” Again, the group was silent. No one had anything to say.

“That was horrible writing, you know.” Hargle entered the scene, breaking the fourth wall momentarily.

“Well, yeah. I’m no writ-“ The fourth wall closed, and all was back to normal.

“Now, listen up ladies!” The Captain spoke. “I’ve heard tell of an enemy ship porting into our headquarters in Aussie. We’re heading home, guys!” Cheers were soon followed by concern.

“Won’t DC be upset that you took his private ship and piloted it across the sea?” Soul asked, worried of the punishments that were sure to follow.

“No. DC asked me personally to captain this ship for this single Endeavour. After, I’m back to leading the S.S. Dreamland.”

“Wait, who’s DC?” Disgusted looks had been shot towards Shard, who remained as confused as before.

“Master of the Oceans!” Hargle shouted. “He along with his trusty sidekick, Aaron, constructed this ship with sea shells!”

“Seashells?”

“…Forget it! Everyone, man your stations! We’re homeward bound!”