Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura explains a connection between Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ and Kingdom Hearts III

In an interview with Famitsu Weekly, Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series has revealed that the story of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ will connect with the story of Kingdom Hearts III. You can read a translation of the interview below thanks to misomilk on Tumblr.

— In terms of story, since KHX was released first, KH Unchained X will simply do catching up, right?

Nomura: Yes. Just that, KHX’s story will continue moving, so it will take quite some for Unchained X to catch up.

—We look forward to how KH Unchained X’s story links to KHIII.

Nomura: That’s right. It’s connected to KHIII. It’s the oldest of tales in the series. Sora and co haven’t even been born yet.......................... The events [in these two games] happen at a time far long past. Regarding a new keyword related to KHIII, if you play KHX and KH Un X it might make you go “Oh?” We keep thinking of ways in order to make players think “I’m glad I played this”.

— So this keyword is significantly related to KHIII.

Nomura: If I explain that, I’ll have to touch on KHIII’s story, so… (bitterly laughs). I’ll say what I can without spoiling anything. KHX’s main story doesn’t reach KHIII’s timeline, but there are some pieces you pick up, and those pieces will be what pushes the plot forward from here onwards. Either way, experiencing the story you’ve gone through KHX in KH Un X again will—

— Again? You said earlier you want players to “get the sense of being in the same world,” but had that implied that “KHX” and “KH Unchained X” are different worlds?

Nomura: I do wonder (laughs). An upcoming KHX story might give you the hint. We’ve set up KHX’s story to deliver it powerfully, so please look forward to the story’s progression from here forward. Now, KH Un X’s story is fundamentally the same as KHX’s, of course, but since they are two games, we’re setting up ways so you’d like to play both.

Click here to view the article

Hmm, this is very interesting! Gah, the foreshadowing and hype for Kingdom Hearts III intensifies!  I tell you, Unchained X is going to be quite the interesting game, and it'll be a great distraction for us until Kingdom Hearts III comes out!  What mysteries shall we be witness to?  Gah, it's all just so exciting! X_X

So does this mean X is now canon or something?

It's always has been confirmed it will be canon. This just means now that the story of the game will help unveil the story of Kingdom Hearts 3 in a way that will make us realize how interesting the game will be.

It's always has been confirmed it will be canon. This just means now that the story of the game will help unveil the story of Kingdom Hearts 3 in a way that will make us realize how interesting the game will be.

If Nomura's doing this to help us connect some dots, for KH3, and to let us have X, he must be a genius.

"KHX story might give you the hint. We’ve set up KHX’s story to deliver it powerfully, so please look forward to the story’s progression from here forward."

But Nomura~ how can we look forward to that hint if we are unable to understand the game? Maybe an international release could help. Or with the help of the people translating the game.

"KHX story might give you the hint. We’ve set up KHX’s story to deliver it powerfully, so please look forward to the story’s progression from here forward."

But Nomura~ how can we look forward to that hint if we are unable to understand the game? Maybe an international release could help. Or with the help of the people translating the game.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ has been confirmed to be released internationally. The article about it is on here, which you can read by clicking here.

Well that was vaguely worded. Hopefully this means that the only difference between these two games are the platforms they are on and their use of cards/medals, and that there won't be any difference or deviation in the story of either game. If there does end up being any such difference however, I do hope that at some point we might also get access to the browser version. <3

"KHX’s main story doesn’t reach KHIII’s timeline, but there are some pieces you pick up, and those pieces will be what pushes the plot forward from here onwards."

Could it be....?

Please keep in mind that Wonderland's story will be wrapping up 5/21 (get your continues ready, because a boss is about to appear!) and that the next story update should happen sometime in June.

Which could potentially take us back to a certain tower, with a certain boy fleeing from us, and a certain mysterious person with a black cloak...

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ has been confirmed to be released internationally. The article about it is on here, which you can read by clicking here.[/size]

I was talking about KHX not Unchained.

"KHX’s main story doesn’t reach KHIII’s timeline, but there are some pieces you pick up, and those pieces will be what pushes the plot forward from here onwards."

Could it be....?

Err, what? Am I missing something?

Honestly this interview made me more confused...

Okay so if the events of Unchained x happened way back when......WHY IS DONALD,GOOFY AND MICKEY ARE HERE!??At this point they weren't even born yet they exist in that time period somehow?

two words: TIME TRAVEL!!!

I know Unchained X is going to be released internationally, but this "hint" from X he's speaking of...

It makes me wonder when Unchained X is going to be released this year. 

un:X is coming out this year.

Okay so if the events of Unchained x happened way back when......WHY IS DONALD,GOOFY AND MICKEY ARE HERE!??At this point they weren't even born yet they exist in that time period somehow?

disney characters in kh are immortal