Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Kingdom Of Me

KHUX New game means new device... I need a new phone!

It used to bother me that Kingdom Hearts games were released on every console and handheld known to man while I still only had a PS2.... but in the past 19 years I now have all the consoles and Handhelds I need to play all the kingdom hearts games... Now that unchained is on it's way... I need a new phone.

I've always had a Flip-Phone with me. Mostly because Texting someone 24/7 isn't something I wanted to do. I always find people who look at their phone and text someone in the middle of a conversation annoying. I don't like Mobile games, and most of all I'm afraid to lose it.

It doesn't matter now, since its about time to catch-up with the rest of the world and get a "Smartphone" So what would you recommend? Clearly I don't want an IPhone since I don't think it is an IOS and may not be able to play kingdom hearts unchained. 

Money isn't really an issue, but I also don't need my phone to make me a sandwich while it does whatever a $400 dollar phone does with all that money going into it... like really, what are we paying for??

It also needs to have google maps or whatever is best for showing me how to use subways, trains, and buses since That is my new mode of transportation. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kingdom Of Me

It used to bother me that Kingdom Hearts games were released on every console and handheld known to man while I still only had a PS2.... but in the past 19 years I now have all the consoles and Handhelds I need to play all the kingdom hearts games... Now that unchained is on it's way... I need a new phone. I've always had a Flip-Phone with me. Mostly because Texting someone 24/7 isn't something I wanted to do. I always find people who look at their phone and text someone in the middle of a conversation annoying. I don't like Mobile games, and most of all I'm afraid to lose it. It doesn't matter now, since its about time to catch-up with the rest of the world and get a "Smartphone" So what would you recommend? Clearly I don't want an IPhone since I don't think it is an IOS and may not be able to play kingdom hearts unchained.  Money isn't really an issue, but I also don't need my phone to make me a sandwich while it does whatever a $400 dollar phone does with all that money going into it... like really, what are we paying for?? It also needs to have google maps or whatever is best for showing me how to use subways, trains, and buses since That is my new mode of transportation.  Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you want.Many of the Moto X series phones work exelently, with decent battery life and decent speks, but the cheaper cost comes with the fact that it is a tad slow on charging and in overall OS. If you don't mind this, look around on them, many of them are nearly fully customizable on the outside so if design is important, there is your type of phone.For a more powerful phone by a company that I personally love and trust, I say go with HTC-brand. A bit more expensive, but the recent HTC builds are nice, with a smooth aluminum body that still has decent grip, runs incredibly quickly and charges well, but the price is a bit high, and the phone gets fairly warm to the touch.The most expensive, and by conjunction in this collection, powerful, smart phones I suggest are the Samsung brand, although they're not too much better than HTC phones in my opinion. They are, however, faster, have better resolution screens, charge quickly, have decent cameras, and the like. But they are VERY expensive. I would not suggest the Galaxy S6 at this moment, and probably not at all, as the performance isn't much better than the 5 or an HTC 1 M8 build that us rather recent, but also lacks the ability to have an SD card/ a removable backing in favor for a tight, water resistant build of aluminum and glass, but it lacks a conventional charger and placed in stay is a wireless charge pad that charges your phone wirelessly, but is very slow and the battery itself isn't great. It also becomes very hot to the touch under any sort of hard usage and as such isn't(in my opinion) good for a phone.Of this bunch, I suggest an HTC phone. They're light, powerful, and not too heavy on the wallet. However, I would suggest waiting for more details on the game to come out, as phones and games on them are always changing, the parts you require for minimum usage on your phone may change between now and when the game is released. I would also recommend waiting for the newer phones to come out, as there are multiple that may come out before release and this may drive the prices down more or offer a better phone at a decent price as well.

I don't text people a lot (fact I actually Whatsapp like 1 or 2 people and would use the Facebook app for group conversations with people on my course) but got a smartphone because with Whatsapp (and connecting to people's wifi and uni wifi) I never top up :D

My phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) was £140 when I bought it, my boyfriend has the mini S3 (which was £100 at his time of purchasing like a year and half ago) which is pretty good at running games (actually better than mine cause I have pdfs, audiobooks, lecture notes and slides linked up on mine along with constant connections to my 6 email accounts (Y)).  Actually seems like we love the Galaxy  series cause I have a S3, boyfriend S3 mini, mother S4, sister S5 (and I have a Galaxy tablet

Actually realized with you being in America (assuming from the $ and the general audience of this site) you's probably have a whole range of phones that'd suit that never came here.