Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingdomKey237

KHBbS Any tips for defeating Captain Hook (Ven's Storyline)

Past few days on Normal mode of Birth by Sleep I've had trouble defeating Captain Hook. These are 4 scenarios that happen:

• I decide to use Cura, then Hook attack WHILE I'm using Cura, stopping the spell and killing me.
  • I use Glide at low health to land (so I can Cura) and forget Hook has presents he throws.
  • I land from gliding, only to be Hook-charged and die.
  • Accidentally click Cura. Get low health, and it isn't reloaded. He attacks WHILE I'm looking for another command to attack him, killing me.

Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks!

~KingdomKey237

Ignore that, sorry. Posted on BbS, not BbSFM!

~KingdomKey237

Edited by KingdomKey237

If you want to heal, lure him to the edge of the rock and push him over, it'll take a few seconds for him to get back into attacking position giving you time to heal.

Or you can be cheap and Shotlock him to death like I did.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

If you want to heal, lure him to the edge of the rock and push him over, it'll take a few seconds for him to get back into attacking position giving you time to heal.

Or you can be cheap and Shotlock him to death like I did.

Do ya have leaf bracer? You'd want that if you struggle with healing.

I don't have leaf bracer.

And how could I Shotlock him to death without Focus? I'd have to attack sometime.

But thanks for the tips, guys! :)

I don't have leaf bracer.

And how could I Shotlock him to death without Focus? I'd have to attack sometime.

But thanks for the tips, guys! :)

Use a rush type (like Absolute Zero) and the pause cheat.You can kill most enemies in 2-3 rounds.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Use a rush type (like Absolute Zero) and the pause cheat.You can kill most enemies in 2-3 rounds.

Not sure what a Rush Type is.

Do you mean commands like Fire Dash?

No a Sholock like Absolute Zero where you repeatedly charge at the enemy.

My current Shotlock is Flame Salvo.

So, if I have a Rush type Shotlock, I should use that instead of Flame Salvo?

My current Shotlock is Flame Salvo.

So, if I have a Rush type Shotlock, I should use that instead of Flame Salvo?

Yeah, they can do more hits and if you have them mastered you can cheat by using to pause button to get the maximum possible number of follow up attacks.Again, this is only if you want a cheap way to win without really trying or using any strategy.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Yeah, they can do more hits and if you have them mastered you can cheat by using to pause button to get the maximum possible number of follow up attacks.Again, this is only if you want a cheap way to win without really trying or using any strategy.

I've also mastered Flame Salvo, so I do get to spam X at the end for a few extra hits.

Anyway, when I play BbS, I will try to see if I have any Rush Shotlocks :)

Thanks! 

I've also mastered Flame Salvo, so I do get to spam X at the end for a few extra hits.

Anyway, when I play BbS, I will try to see if I have any Rush Shotlocks :)

Thanks! 

Let me tell you thisUsing pause with mastered Absolute Zero I routinely get 42 hits on a single enemy.

Let me tell you thisUsing pause with mastered Absolute Zero I routinely get 42 hits on a single enemy.

Wow!

I'll try to see if I have any Rush attacks then :)

Seems like there will be a lot of hits to make :D

Wow!

I'll try to see if I have any Rush attacks then :)

Seems like there will be a lot of hits to make :D

Like I said, I cheat by using pause after every attack to see the button input for the next one. The quicker you input, the more attacks you get before the Shotlock ends so by pausing I trick the game into thinking my input time was less than a second.

Like I said, I cheat by using pause after every attack to see the button input for the next one. The quicker you input, the more attacks you get before the Shotlock ends so by pausing I trick the game into thinking my input time was less than a second.

I'm a little confused about the Pause trick...

So button press then pause?

I'm a little confused about the Pause trick...

So button press then pause?

Pause then button press, It takes a little time to get it down. As you come up from a follow up pause a few times while paused scan the screed and you'll see what button it's telling you to input. Unpause then immediately press that button. Repeat

Pause then button press, It takes a little time to get it down. As you come up from a follow up pause a few times while paused scan the screed and you'll see what button it's telling you to input. Unpause then immediately press that button. Repeat

Ah, okay. That makes much more sense :P

Thanks for clearing it up :D

Past few days on Normal mode of Birth by Sleep I've had trouble defeating Captain Hook. These are 4 scenarios that happen:

• I decide to use Cura, then Hook attack WHILE I'm using Cura, stopping the spell and killing me.
  • I use Glide at low health to land (so I can Cura) and forget Hook has presents he throws.
  • I land from gliding, only to be Hook-charged and die.
  • Accidentally click Cura. Get low health, and it isn't reloaded. He attacks WHILE I'm looking for another command to attack him, killing me.

Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks!

~KingdomKey237

Ignore that, sorry. Posted on BbS, not BbSFM!

~KingdomKey237

If healing is a problem for you

Command meld a block technique called 'Renewal Block'. with this equipped, whenever your opponent's attack is parried by your guard - you will recover some HP. It might be more efficient to use this for healing and then to rely on your Cure magic or restorative potions for when in medical emergencies.

And then proceed to punish him using time magic (such as the splicer series), or just spam shot locks.

What I did was just in-between worlds I played the Command Board game. I used the Land of Departure and Castle of Dreams boards and I ended up beating the game at level 29 cuz I was so OP.

I always kept gridning in Castle of Dreams every time I started the game in order to level up my commands and meld them into more powerful, resulting in me getting overlevel, resulting in the game being WAY too easy for me...

But yeah, BBS can be cheap and easy if you use Shotlock Commands even if you're not overlevel.

My strategies are :

1. Using Cura (I think it's the best way)

2. Sliding dash is good option, in case your character has high level.

3. Magic : Blizzara, Thunder / Thundara

4. Sonic Strike (I forget if this is the right name) is good option as well.

5. Use flame salvo is the best option (SorRik strategy), and let it charge until max.

6. Don't forget to equip ether, in case you use flame salvo and run out of the focus meter.

7. I have ever made Hook fell to the sea, and when the croc came, the croc dealt great damage to Hook. So I think you should try to make Hook fall to the sea.

8. Be good in guarding is the main point as well.

From all strategies, I think the best way to beat him, make sure you have leveled up. The more you level up, the battle is easier.