Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
VisitJoan

Who had the saddest ending in Birth by Sleep?

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the saddest ending in Birth by Sleep?

• Terra
    • Ventus
    • Aqua
    • Two of the above (post which two below)
    • I'm not sure. It's too hard to pick.

I'm going to say Aqua because not only did she get trapped in the ROD, but she tried to save Terra, which kinda started the whole worlds falling to darkness thing.  Plus, it kinda has to get pretty boring wondering around in the ROD, even if time is slower there.

I'm going to say Blank Points. It summarizes the immense weight and gravity of the situation for everyone and it made me cry.Yes I'm a sucker. I know it's not one of the choices but I'm going to rebel ;)

Edited by Flaming Lea

Definitely Terra, he got his body taken over by a creepy old man

In contrast, Ven's just snoozing in a castle somewhere (even if absent a heart), and Aqua's spending 10-ish years in the Realm of Darkness but that's not too bad all things considered outside of how boring it probably is down there

I'm going with Ventus, I mean they all had sad endings but let me break down why I think Ven has the saddest one.  Sure Aqua tried to save Terra and that resulted her in falling into the Realm of Darkness, sure that's sad but she is still alive, Terra got his body stolen from him and had a hand in his masters demise but he is still alive in a way.  Ventus lost his heart saving his friends he also had a pretty hard upbringing as well with his master removing the darkness in his heart in order to use him to make a powerful weapon and he wanted to protect his friends at all cost, so that's why I say Ven.

I'd say Terra because he has been manipulated by Xehanort from the very begin and he end up losing control of his body because of it and that's kind of creepy.

Aqua had the sadder ending. She gave it her all and was still screwed over. Ventus also had a pretty sad ending, but for me it wasn't as emotional as Aqua's.

I'm surprised at all the votes for Terra. Did I play the same game as everyone? Terra did not have a sad ending and he deserved everything that happened to him. Terra's actions throughout his story has set everyone down this path to begin with, he's an idiot.

Terra had his body taken over by a power-hungry creep, but he could have easily seen it coming. 

Ven sacrificed himself to protect the world from the X-blade, but his heart is safe within Sora, and his body is chilling in an unfindable room.

Aqua tried to save her friends, but she could only save Ven's body, and saving Terra left her trapped in the Realm of Darkness, AND she didn't actually save him.

So Aqua, obviously. Spending ten years alone in a depressing place, and then when she finally finds another sane being, it's an old amnesiac, with the voice of someone who sounds like Saruman. Definitely Aqua.

I love how no one picked Ventus.

Anyways, Aqua by far. And as she comes back to KH at one point she'll realize she saved a guy who wound up destroying worlds. That's going to be a sucky realization for her, since maybe she is a bit happy seeing "Terra" might be fine since she saved him.

"The broken boy who failed to become the blade... The misguided master who sacrificed herself for a friend... And the feckless youth who became my new vessel."

Well... I can't really decide between these three. They all suck. But for the sake of being decisive I'm going to say...

Terra. I mean the guy barely even knew what was going on. And it annoys me when someone says "oh, Terra is so gullible and such an idiot for believing all the villains!" Just shut up and think about it: the character doesn't know what WE (the players/audience) know, so give the guy a break! Granted, if I was in his position I'd be sceptical (then again, I always kind of am. xD). Like the other two members of the trio, Terra was just being used for Xehanort's own power hungry and selfish gain. So much so that his situation could match Ven's in terms of "usability". However Terra got possessed which is why I think his is sadder than Ven's by a little.

That's why Terra gets my vote. Plus, his theme is just outright epic. :)

Peace!

I couldn't choose, so I say all three of them. The way I can sum it up with the three, it's like a great big "WHAT THE F <3  <3 K XEHANORT?!" moment.

In my own words, he harmed Ventus and Terra. And Aqua? She was like in the middle of this mess Xehanort was cooking up, and leading all of them to their "proper places".

Ventus: I felt sad about Ventus's heart being shattered and Sora (without knowing it) shared his heart with his. He realized why Master Eraqus don't send him to many worlds, like Aqua and Terra. Him carrying some unknown burden of him being "some kind of X-blade"; well, becoming the one to forge it and open some gosh darn door.

Terra: I felt messed up seeing that he didn't pass the Mark of Mastery. Xehanort getting up in Eraqus's business about Terra's Darkness (From Xehanort's Letter). Xehanort lies to the poor man; just ticking him off at the end. And Xehanort just freaking uses Terra's body as a freaking vessel (forgive me for spazing out..). 

Aqua: As I said before in my own words, she got right in the middle of the mess Xehanort was cooking up. She sacrifice her self to save Terra and now stuck in the Realm of Darkness. Before that she went through some short drama in Radiant Garden with Terra and Ventus (which hit me like a ton of bricks BTW... I didn't cry but I felt sad....). 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

The three of them have a sad ending. Terra's body was possessed by Master Xehanort

Ventus's heart is gone and can't wake up for a long time until Sora finds a way to find his body and return Ventus's heart and finally be awaken.

Aqua gave up her freedom and saved Terra's body from falling in to the Realm of darkness. :(

Edited by SorRik

Master Eraqus. Imagine being raised with someone you called brother, only to be killed by him in the end. Yeah, he made a mistake by going after Ventus, but he saw the error of his ways, and was apologetic......yet, it was just too late.

Also, Aqua. 10+ years roaming in Darkness? Who knows what mental state she'll be in by the time KH3 rolls around! >.<

I'm going to say Blank Points. It summarizes the immense weight and gravity of the situation for everyone and it made me cry.Yes I'm a sucker. I know it's not one of the choices but I'm going to rebel ;)

That's why I put extra options

http://www.deviantart.com/art/BBS-last-episode-ending-185800141

http://monjava.deviantart.com/art/Birth-By-Sleep-BLANK-POINTS-183729784

I just felt like posting this, I feel sad for then that they have all sad endings but :( But these like showing what how have they been doing long.

Edited by SorRik

All of them.

They are all far too emotional and saddening in their respective ways and situations to pick between any of them. They all suffered and all require saving from their torment and pain.

Even the Final Episode, Secret Episode and Blank Points hit me hard. And all of the endings to all of them hit me....but Aqua's one made me cry. And that's hard.

But still: All of them.

Me, because I was stupid enough to sit patiently through all of their stories despite never liking any of them. (And until I joined KH13, I thought I was the only one in the world who didn't like BBS. It was... so lonely...)

I'm gonna say Terra. Unlike Aqua, who at least vaguely succeeded at what she tried to do (or at least thinks she did) Terra was straight up ineffective. If you say it's Aqua's fault for saving Terranort, it's Lingering Will's fault more for not having properly beaten him in the first place =P