Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Nora Valkyrie

How to Raise an Idiot Mafia Boss (RP) [4X4]

I haven't seen Kataa this depressing before. I didn't really know how to handle with people who were obviously in distraught. I only thing that has cheered people up before is... But that was with kids... Uh. And Kataa seems like the kind of guy who doesn't care for magic tricks. Though I was a poker player I took the time to play with cards in a different manner. It would amaze my mother when I... I grabbed the tip of my hat. "Hey Kataa bear with me for a bit. I want to show you a magic trick." His grimaced face only slightly adjusted to a more confused expression. "Yea... That's why I said to bear with me." I took out my deck of cards from my pocket and began to shuffle them by using the bridge technique. Something I couldn't do for years. Then I proceeded to take out the four ace cards but by only looking at the back of the cards. I slipped them underneath my fedora and gave a light shake. Then I slowly revealed a small puff ball underneath my hat. I gently scooped it into my fedora showing Kataa it's contents. Small red eyes peered towards Kataa. The little bun wrinkled it's nose and flopped it's small white ears. I glanced at Kataa's face trying to make up if the trick... Well did the trick.

"Ha...ha..." Was all that K said after hearing the last thing Eren said. "See you later" K said to Fiore. K thought about his meeting with Yui. (Sky. Father's journals aren't useful since most of them got destroyed when the jet blew up. Miraculously all of his notes about the time machine are still intact. Then there's one place left, the Sky batcave.) K had been avoiding that place ever since he found the cane. Conveniently the cave could only be accessed by K. (I wonder if she can also open it) Before K was able to enter the cave her phone started ringing. K answered the phone [Hello, is this the parent or guardian of Luciela Cypher?] "Yes?" (What is that demon doing on her first day? Well now I don't have to go to that cave) "If it's a problem with Luci I'll come by right away." [That won't be necessary at all sir] "No I insist, this is Luci's future. I won't let her muck it up." [if that's what you wish] The call ended. (Thanks Luci) K made his way to the Acedemy.

Antonio took the bag. "Thank you. We will make good use of them." Antonio said smiling. He waved goodbye to Mamoru as he drove away. He retreated back into his apartment upstairs, taking a look at the items inside the bag. To say the least, just looking at these type of things should be illegal for a normal citizen. Communication devices, night vision goggles, hacking devices filed with encryption, and much more stuff that would give them all the best of chances to pull this thing off. Part of him wondered what the heck had he gotten himself into? By the end of all of this, it would either turn out to be very very good, or very very bad. He wasn't sure either endings would be even possible. "Amazing. These are way more advance that anything that we were allowed to play with in the academy." Antonio awed as he looked around at the gadgets. It was like an illegal Christmas gift stolen straight from military santa. He couldn't help but to frown, thinking of any possible way that this could go wrong. Now all he had to do is wait for the sun to go down, and then they could start their mission. "Stay strong, Yui.""See you later, K." Fiore said as he watched him walk away. He pouted slightly. K and Eren were his only 'friends'. He needed to expand his list a bit more...oh yeah. There was Oro. Oro was a nice person. Maybe he could become friends with Oro. Well, at least more friendly than usual. Fiore decided to look for Oro, eventually finding him somewhere following Eren's directions of where he was last seen. "Oro!" Fiore said as he casually walked over to the fellow traitor who had turned over to their side. "K and Eren are busy, and I have nothing to do. Do you want to do something with me? I would usually practice in the shooting ring but my shoulder still hurts a tad bit." Fiore said as he groaned and got closer to Oro.

"Oh MY GOODNESS. KANA FINALLY FOUND YOU." I let out a loud sigh before falling on to my knees. "Kana tried following you because Kana needed to ask to something but then Kana found Kana IN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CASTLE." I let out another sigh but trickled in a bit of whining at the end. But I got back up, "Sure Kana wouldn't mind hanging out with you. Kana didn't even know there was a shooting range here. And Kana hopes your shoulder gets better. WAIT I TOTALLY FORGOT TO ASK YOU MY QUESTION." My eyes shot up at Fiore. "DID YOU EAT KANA'S CAKE?" 

Kataa watchd Simon stumble and shuffle. Usually he would roll his eyes, and ignore this ind of occurrence, but he felt bad for the poor guy-or more like he felt guilty. Apparently Simon wanted to display to him a magic trick, to which Kataa found somewhat strange. However, with a inner sigh the ex-roughiee boy looked at the card player, "Sure, why not..." Kataa put his hands in his pocket, watching the card boy with a confused expression across his face. The boy mixed a varity of cards to which Kataa could only assume was a Match Game. Simon grasped his fedora, spinning the cards within, to reveal a little surprise Kataa hadn't suspect. A bunny. A bunny had appeared out of thin air. Kataa's own eyes widen seeing the little fur ball wiggle it's tini nose. "How did you...." He studied the little rabbit wondering how such a occurrence could happen from a deck of cards. However, Kataa could only smile, "Heh thanks...." He turned around, ready to head home before mumbling to Simon, "You know Simon...your not so bad." He then walked off, hoping to finally get some sleep.

Yui slightly shook, unsure of what to do. Basically this guy wearing glasses was telling her to reveal her friend's names or face the wrath of death. And surely both choices were horrid. Yui bit the inside of her cheek, hoping someone would come to rescue her right now- Simon, Lovi, Charles, maybe even K. However, the pinkette knew that would be impossible....especially right now. Yui opened her mouth when a unexpected answer came out of her shaken mouth, "Oreo...."

The glasses man gave her confused expression, "A cookie...."

"Y-Yeah..." Yui stumbled to answer.

"Do you mean Oro, who goes by Kana now?"

"Um....yes...."

Yui looked at him hoping that was a good enough answer, but then suddenly Eren held a evil glint in his eyes. "Yes, but I'm afraid we already know that so..." He reached for her whilst Yui closed her eyes in fear till...

'Knock knock!'

The glasses man paused, both of them listening to the door. "Sir! We received a message from a unknown source!" The man infront of Yui looked at the door, deciding to get up and make his way out.

Before leaving he looked back at her, "Maybe I'm lucky....maybe they ratted themselves out..."

Yui was ready to say something, but the glasses man had already left. She watched the door close, thankful yet fearful that she was safe. Who sent that message? Someone from her team? And most importantly...what did that message say?

Eren ran to his lab, egger to read the message. "Where is it? He asked walking to his lab with many of his workers surrounding the computer.

"Oh um....right here Sir..." One of the workers displayed the message across the screen. It said...

"YOU SUCK ;3"

A sincere smile took over my face as I watched Kataa's figure disappear. I looked down at my small companion. "Let's go home shall we?" I gently picked up the fragile white poof and placed her into my front pocket. Then dug into my back pocket to grab a carrot chip. I handed the small treat to the bunny watching as it furiously grabbed the chip from my fingers. "I'm glad I brought you today Jieun." I said as I reached into my fedora to return the four ace cards into my deck. I placed the deck into my other pocket and walked towards home. I glanced at my small bunny chipping away at the carrot chip. Then reached into the pocket that had my phone and clicked on the contact name, 'He owes me'. "Hello? Yes. It's me. Remember the favor you owed me?" A nervous voice cracked from the other side of the line. "Haha don't worry. It's nothing too big."

-=-=-

I raised my fist into the air and released a big breath. I lowered my hand and slumped over my desk wrapping my arms around my head. "I did it..." "Mamoru?" My body involuntarily jumped from my swivel chair. "Y-yes Sir?" "Oh sorry I didn't mean to frighten you. You were staring at that empty screen for about 3 hours without typing anything. Did you make a discovery of some sorts?" "Something along those lines Sir... Maybe I'll so you the final draft later." "I would be delighted." He turned to leave, and as he left I tried to calm my heart. "Was that really all you think of Mamoru? A couple of PHDs and all you could think of was 'YOU SUCK ;3'?" I curled up into my chair, "I can't face anyone anymore, not even my nephew. He's only 5 and he can think of something better than 'you suck'." I stayed in fetal position for awhile...

Fiore paused, staring down at Kana. "Well...I didn't. I was going to, but then we received the prisoner, so I thought that the prisoner would like the cake. Sorry." Fiore said, apologizing. In all honesty, the cake just seemed suspicious in his point of view. He had just met this Kana after all. It would take some more time for Fiore to get comfortable around Kana, and eventually consider Kana as a friend to trust. "I understand your confusion over this place. It does take a while for even the guards to get used to it." Fiore said, staring down at Kana. Fiore would have memorized this place from top to bottom, at least, of the places he was allowed to go among this massive place. "I'm sure you will eventually remember the main routes of the castle. You could always ask for a map from Eren. He should be able to install one into your phone." Fiore explained. Ever since this whole mess started K had much more important things to do than just hanging around. And Eren was usually cooped up in his office. Fiore needed more friends. "Where did you even get that cake, Kana? Did you got it from that one popular cafe, or did you make it yourself?"

Fiore was acting a lot less...militant? I didn't really know how to describe it. I knew I went to the freaking cafe with him, but that was for business and plus I couldn't do anything as I let Fiore get information on Yui. Though I 'joined' the capital I wasn't doing anything helpful to the team back in the cafe. And one things for sure I won't be able to go back. "Oh... That's okay Kana hopes the prisoner liked the cake then..." When Fiore advised that I ask Eren for a map I took out the piece of paper Chives gave me. "It's okay one of the servants here drew out a map of the entire place for Kana. But... Kana still got lost... You know what? Kana will probably ask Eren for a map later... Kana doesn't know if they can though, Kana is pretty sure Eren hates them." I lowered my gaze remembering the hateful gaze Eren gaze me not to long ago. "The cake? Yeah Kana made the cake. It was for Eren...since Kana thought that the sugar would give him a boost. But he DIDN'T EAT IT." I let a waterfall of tears stream down my face. But these were genuine tears since I was really excited for Eren to ease up his cold shoulder towards me. I had confidence in my baking skills since I would bake a lot for my grandpa... I think I'm feeling a bit homesick.

Fiore jumped a bit as Kana began to cry out waterfalls. Legitimately crying. "H-Hey, no crying! You can't possibly be part of this elite team if you spend it crying so easily!" Fiore yelled. Oh wait. That sounded rude. This was very different from the academy. You wouldn't be hit if you cried. Maybe he needed to be more compassionate in a way. "Hey, calm down. Eren hates most people." Fiore assured as he crossed his arms. "He is like that normally. No need to cry for that." He insisted, glancing over at Kana. How could he possibly be so emotional? Then again, Fiore would most likely end up being emotional as well! Hell, if anything happened to K or Eren, Fiore was sure to shatter like glass against marble. Then go on a rampage like a starving lion in a carnival. "You need to make yourself stronger emotionally otherwise you won't last very long." Fiore said with a groan. "Is there anything you would like to do? I have nothing to do myself. Anything just PLEASE stop crying." Fiore insisted. Neither K or Eren ever cried like this!...actually Eren never cried at all. Maybe like, once, when his laptob broke in two, and he couldn't assure if that was a dream or a memory.

"Yea you're right... Kana has faced much worse than this!" I mean, it's true. I've forgotten the faces that I have killed. And that alone made me upset that I couldn't even respect the ones I have erased. I guess trying to make friends for once was a lot more frustrating than I thought, since most people are easily fooled by my innocent persona. But this was different, with most people I would have to give my 110% but Fiore seemed to be trying to understand me. "Thanks Fiore. Kana will remember those words as a inspirational quote!" My tears subsided and sparkles refilled my eyes. However the idea of becoming friends with Fiore was terrifying, not because of his character. In fact, he seemed to be the kind of person who would be very loyal to those he considered 'close'. Loyalty is a good trait. However I only hold loyalty for one person but now... I don't know how I feel about my 'loyalty' right now. Yui and the others are nice people but that doesn't mean K and his crew aren't nice. Well maybe except Eren... Or he just hates me, either or. Two ideals that clash, a war is bound to happen. But where do I stand? The professor hasn't done anything to me though I have 'betrayed' the group. Yet he threatened to kill us if we didn't meet up at a park... Did he find me unthreatening? I didn't know. If Fiore becomes my first friend. Then doesn't that make me and enemy to Yui and the others...? I can't develop bonds with people, it makes the job that much harder... Well technically a friend, a real friend. Would know who I was. Yea! I don't have any friends! Fiore couldn't possibly find out who I was, only one person on this earth knows who I am. But they are my family. So therefore, I've got no friends! Yes! I was getting myself pumped up, a big grin stretched from ear to ear as I figured out what I wanted to do. "Did you say there was a shooting range? If it's okay with you Kana wants to polish up on their shooting. Kana hasn't been very active with guns lately. And maybe you can give Kana some pointers!" 

Yui sighed in relief-she was safe. For now... "But what do I do...I should try to escape, but there are surely guards everywhere...And what if that guy comes back....W-what do I do?" Yui glannced around and around and around. "Ug just looking is getting me nowhere! I hate to say this, but if I just go out there alone with no weapon I'm probably going to die. So then...do I wait for my teamates to come? But that's so selfish! And what if they don't come..." Yui frowned at the thought, "No...they'll come for me. They're different-so they will. So I guess..." Yui sighed, "The best option would be to wait for them, and try to escape as soon as they come. I should at least try to rest." For some reason her stomach was still in a little pain since K healed her, but she was still unsure as to why. Regretting the choice to become the damsel in distress, Yui laid back down, trying her best to close her eyes. 

Eren gave a unamused look to the screen infont of him. "Really...that's all they could come up with?" 

"You gotta admit it's pretty stupid." One of the workers said, smacking the guy beside him. 

"Ow! Y-Yeah I know, but the sender is unknown!" 

"Yeah, so what? It could be-" 

"It could be the rebels." Eren completed the sentence looking at the sentence through his glasses. A nasty smirk crossed his mouth as he barked the ordering commands, "Retrace the message, and see if you get any info on what kind of device it came from. From there we can discover what district or work they come from." He glanced at a nearby clock, "It's 1 in the afternoon, so let's get this finshed by tonight." Maybe, just maybe he could discover another hidden rebel. 

Around 30 years ago, there was once a farmer's boy, tending to desert dry fields his family had. It was another typical day for him, a rather boring day in which he wished he could do something else. That was what he always wished for though-he wished for a different life. Well, as luckily for him Fate had heard his cry, for on that same fateful day a jogging horse was aiming straight for his family's fields. Neighbors yelled and cried while one of them shouted, "Hey! There's a body on that horse!" The Farmer's eyes widen when seeing the horse dash by. As quick as he could, he grabbed his own horse following the dashing wild thing, intill he was close enough. On that wild horse laid a unconscious man with a uniform unfamiliar to the Farmer's boy. He reached for the man, luckily able to grasp him as the horse dashed off to the great unknown. His own house slowed down as he looked down at a boy probably around the same age as him. He boasted a strange jacket, with medals everywhere, but blood oozed from the top of his head, just below his dirty blonde hair. The Farmer boy sat there, unsure of what to do, when suddenly the uniformed boy slowly awoke. The Farmer's boy gasped when he saw the color of the other boy's eyes.....violet. The boy looked at him, gasping, "Who are you?....." 

The Farmer's boy answered, "Charles...my name is Charles..." 

Fiore watched as Kana asked about polishing his shooting skills. "I guess I could help you out with some pointers when it comes to shooting. I can't assure that you'll be able to keep up with me, though! I'm the best sharpshooter in this entire country!" Fiore said rather proudly, a smile appearing on his face. His ability as a marksman was easily unmatched. It was this ability that he was given the pass to attend the same academy that K attended, the highest of honors which made his parents very proud. Fiore spun the sniper rifle that rested on his back, getting it on his shoulder to show it off. "This is Agro. I made this sniper rifle all on my own from scratch just before graduating the academy. You will either have to borrow a gun from the shooting range or bring your own because you aren't touching Agro." Fiore said as he held the gun as if it was his own child. "Follow me, Kana." Fiore said as he walked away, leading Kana to the Shooting Range. It was standard, with targets both inside the building and on the outside for practice of distance and movement. Working soldiers attended the desks, lending different types of weapons to those who wanted to practice and taking back the weapons of those who had just finished. "Go ahead and pick out a weapon. We're going to sharpen you up." Fiore said sounding more happy. It had been a while since he could act childish freely.

K showed up at the academy, he was told were he needed to go by one of the staff. When K arrived he saw Luci sitting outside the office. "What happened?" Luci immediately asked when she looked at him. "Huh? Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Her question threw K off for a second. "You seem different, did something good happen?" "I guess you could say that" "Are you angry?" Luci started fidgeting in her seat. "Nah, coming here means I don't have to go to that cave." "What, are you scared? I'll go with you." Luci started grinning. "All you gotta do is convince the teacher I did nothing wrong." "How exactly am I supposed to do that?" "You have my power don't you? It easy I'll teach you." After a while some students exited the office. K and Luci entered. "Please have a seat" the teacher said. K closed his eyes and exhaled before opening them. His eyes looked exactly like Luci's. The lady was startled while Luci was playing with her phone. "Luci Cypher hasn't done anything wrong." The lady was in a trance like state the entire time. K's eyes returned to normal. "Did something happen with Luci?" K asked the teacher. "Huh? No, she hasn't done anything wrong. I'm sorry for calling you to come here." The teacher apologize. K and Luci left. "Should we also get Yuki?" "No, she said she would stay." "My head hurts." K brought his hand up to his head. "Yeah I thought something like this might happen. We're not connected anymore, using my power would strain your body too much if I'm not near. Even when we're not connected we're still connected. And because of that I'll drive." "Whatever" K tossed Luci the keys while his headache got worse.

It was fun listening to Fiore boast about his skills from when he was at this 'academy'. It sounded like a fun place. I wondered what would've happened if I ended up in a place like that, but grandpa never wanted to place me in school. Actually I've never been to school. Grandpa taught me everything I needed to know. But I wondered how it would've been if I could go to a school and possibly with slim chances, be friends with Fiore. Speaking of Fiore was showing his prized Agro to me, "Wow hand made!?Kana doesn't know too many people who can hand make such perfection!" I drooled a little. Not too many people have the knowledge of making quality guns. And from taking a good peek at the gun I could already imagine the kind of damage one bullet could do. Then Fiore lead me to a beautiful array of guns. "Oh my goodness!!!! Is that a 9mm!?!?!?!? Kana never knew they existed! Kana thought it was a myth!" My eyes sparkled once again which was ironic to the emotions I displayed not too long ago. "Deagles!!!!! AND BB GUNS!!!?!?!?!? OH MY SAINT. YOU GUYS HAVE EVERYTHING." I think I spun around too much, because I found myself on the floor. "This is paradiceeeeeee." I slowly got back up, "These are so beautiful but I've got an attachment issue with my Ppang and Beoteo." I leaned back to rub the back of my head against the two lamps in my bag. "But..." I looked back at the BB gun with lust. "Maybe one or two shots with this couldn't hurt." I hesitantly took the BB gun. "I'm sowwie guys..." I began to tear up, "I feel like I'm cheating on you guys..." The man running the desk was panicking but asked me to sign my name and write the model of the gun down. Which I obediently did, "Okay let's get shooting!" I followed behind Fiore as we entered one of the shooting ranges, it was a standard one where even cops would practice at. The ones Fiore probably played with where probably somewhere else. As instructed I took a couple shoots with the small BB gun.

The target...was still in perfect condition...  

Fiore almost felt second hand embarrassment. Almost. "...are you kidding me?" He scoffed, glaring at Kana. "Are you FOR REAL? You didn't land a SINGLE SHOT on a target made big enough for a five year old to try and shoot! My bunny slippers could have done better than that!" Fiore screamed at him. He was way too angry for something silly. But then again many things went through Fiore's mind. Kana was in the capital, the most important place of the entire country, and he couldn't and a single shot?! "If we ever get attacked you would be DEAD! And you know what?! No one would rescue you, NO ONE!" Fiore screamed even more. For the tiny little boy he was, he had a big mouth, and a big attitude. He even made some of the guards tremble. He eventually calmed down, swiping the BB gun from his hands. "You aren't even looking at it correctly! You need to focus on where you intent to shoot and make sure it lines up with the actual gun! If you don't do that you're going to hit something else! Maybe a civilian! You can't just press your cheek to the gun either, the ricochet will hit you like a **** and cause you a bruise, if not a black eye." Fiore instructed. Well, more like scolded. "If you need to have a perfect shot, you need to hold your breath and freeze your body in position. If you do it enough times, you won't even notice it." Fiore insisted. He lifted the BB gun and aimed at the target. He lined it up with his line of sight, holding his breath for a few seconds as he began to shoot. Five shots, and they all hit the same place. causing one big and rather perfect gunshot hole. He then pushed the BB Gun back at Kana's arms. "You try! Aim for the head!"

After that fateful day, Charles had kept the unconscious man inside his Father's old barn, checking over him as much as he checked the cows with their milk. It had been three days since the stranger fell back asleep, but he was indeed alive. Surely he would be safe here, Charles could only imagine what his family would think-or do if they saw a decently dressed man like this stranger, within their fake confinements. Though it had been days, Charles knew the boy would have to wake up soon. He just knew. 

And after another day, he finally did. During the early sunrise of the morning, Charles walked within the shabby-old barn to see the stranger who was once asleep rubbing the cows who he had to feed. Charles couldn't help but drop the bucket of water he was holding, as the stranger's attention went towards him. The stranger's once neat blonde hair, now had hay within his locks, while sumges of dirt were smeared across his face. However, Charles couldn't help but be shocked once again by the eyes the stranger had. Violet...the darkening beauty of purple were the colors of his eyes. Those violet eyes looked straight at Charles, as a un-amused grin appeared on his face, "Good Morning."

"You..." Charles said walking up to the boy. "Your..." 

"Yeah, thanks for saving me." The Stranger said, taking his hand off the cow. "I guess May was a more radical horse than I thought..." 

Charles walked only a few more inches till he felt there was a safe enough distant between the two of them, "Who are you?..." 

The Stranger's grin vanished as he looked at Charles with a disappointed look, almost as if he had been caught, "I could ask you the same thing, your apart of the dirt poor district right? Yet, my clothes are still on me." Charles then glared at the stranger, when suddenly the boy closed his eyes, walking towards Charles. "Look, thanks for saving me and all, but I'm just going to take my leave no-" The boy then suddenly stopped when a sudden dagger appeared against the stranger's throat. Charles' own small blue eyes glanced at the boy with the dagger sitting firm in his grasp. The boy asked, "Your not really from the dirt poor district are you?"

Charles couldn't help but let a small chuckle, "Oh trust me, I am, I'm just not dirt compared to some others around here."

"Are you really going to kill me before knowing my name?"

"Depends, why are you in such royal clothin? You from the Gov?"

The Stranger couldn't help but smile at this. He stepped back, facing Charles fully to show full exposure, "Alright you got me."

"So who are you then?" Charles asked pointing his dagger at the Stranger.

The Stranger smirked, "Novan Sky."  

Edited by Nora Valkyrie

I could only stand in 'fear' as Fiore berated me. I wasn't really expecting to land a shot. Actually I didn't want to, I've always wanted to miss a target. Knowing Fiore I knew he wouldn't shoot at me for missing a fake target. The feeling of failure felt nice for once. But now I think it was time to be serious for once, though... I really can't shoot any other gun besides my bread n' butter (Ppang and Beoteo is literally bread and butter in korean. Sorry I didn't get creative) the light weight of the BB gun really threw me off. But at least it gave me a chance to watch Fiore exhibit his shooting skills. And as he said he really was a great sharp shooter. "Woah! As you said Fiore! You're one of the best!! Kana is so honored!" I watched as the poor target get replaced by a fresh new target, I take the BB gun Fiore pushed back into my arms. And I did as he said, but the weight of the BB gun was making me see 5 targets. I took a shot but alas it still didn't hit. I lowered the gun and placed it off to the side. "Sorry Fiore... Kana's feeling a little sick... Kana thinks that small guns aren't for them." I leaned on the wall for a bit before taking a big breath and exhaling it. "OKAY!" I turned to Fiore, "Kana is very sorry Fiore-senpai! But Kana wants to use their own guns. Please allow Kana to do so!" I jerked my body into a low bow. Judging from Fiore's tone he didn't seem convinced that I could be capable of landing a shot. But he accepted, so I rummaged through my book bag and grabbed out my two lamps. They looked... like two normal lamps. I faced Fiore again as I felt the perfect weight becoming one with my arms. "Okay Kana is READY! Kana shall start ag-" Eight shots went off. Five minutes passed, "Huh? But Kana wasn't read-" Another 19 shots went off for at least a whole minute, then one last delayed shot was made. I stayed frozen a confused expression didn't leave my face. "Oh no. KANA DID IT AGAIN." I gently placed my guns on the floor again and backed up against the wall. Then I pointed at the target that now had bullet holes in the shape of a a smiley face on the face, and a bow tie around the neck. "THE SMILEY BOWTIE GHOST IS STILL AFTER KANA. GO AWAY MISTER GHOST KANA HAS NO QUARREL WITH YOU!!!" 

-=-=-

(guard POV)

"Wtf is wrong with kids these days. Oh MY GOD BEN."

"What is it now Paul...""There's a DRAGONITE OVER THERE."

"PAUL WE'RE ON DUTY."

Fiore was understanding. Everyone had their own style. Some did better with heavy weapons while others did better with lighter weapons. But then he watched this whole thing go down, and man, it went down badly. He had to think for five whole minutes to wonder if he was high or not. Once he reassured himself he wasn't high, he simply watched this develop until Kana was convinced that some smiley face was after him. He had to take a breather before he could face Kana. He picked up Kana's lamps...gun...things, and walked over to Kana. "Calm down." Fiore said as he got the guns in Kana's hand, and then got his hands on Kana's shoulders. "Stop it. There is no flying stuff trying to kill you." Fiore said calmly as he sighed. "Maybe you aren't feeling well enough for this. Let's take a break and just rest? Hey, we can hang out in my room and play some games. I have them piled up in my closet but I haven't played them in a long time. We can play them together." Fiore said. Maybe this whole thing was a little bit too much for today. Especially if the kid was feeling sick...or absolutely delusional. "Come on. Or we can explore the place. I heard there's this new app called Pokemon Go or something, we can play that too." Fiore said with a smile, being genuinely friendly at Kana. He wasn't one without mercy. "All the guards are playing it!"

I'm not really sure where I am. But if I'm thinking this...thennnnnnn I must've triggered a memory of a memory about my bread and butter, in which takes me back to this thought. But then throws me into a loop of confusion as I try to figure out where I am. BUT if I'm thinking this...thennnnnnn- Huh? I felt a heavy load on my arms and looked down. Oh it's my bread and butter. Wait what is Fiore doing here? I thought he was shooting the BB gun. "Calm down." Huh? What? I was calm. I looked back down at my guns and saw part of the magazine gone. Oh. I stayed silent as Fiore explained to me how flying things weren't trying to kill me. Is he high? My thoughts were even more questioned as Fiore offered to play games in his room or play a new app. I squeezed my guns in excitement, regaining myself. "Sure! Kana would love to play some games with you Fiore-senpai!" After Fiore let go of my shoulders I scurried over to my bag and stuffed my two lamps back into the bag. Suddenly feeling relieved I jumped back up to my feet. "Kana is ready!" I exclaimed but for some reason my cheeks shifted and involuntarily I couldn't stop myself from smiling. This was odd. TOO ODD. Why was I smiling. I began to internally panic. ​Did I see Fiore as a potential 'friend'? I became really scared but...this new feeling. It didn't feel so bad. In fact I kind of liked it. And it's not like I haven't faced worse. I felt like I was starting something, but I'm not so sure what. Oh well. "Fiore... What is this... Poke...man?"

(I wasn't serious but he really gave me the keys.) "Don't worry Master, I swear on the Weismann name that I'll fix you or die trying." "Just shut up and drive." K moaned from his seat. "Right" Luci put on sunglasses before driving away. After reaching the castle Luci carried K in her arms and jumped the floor his chambers were on. Luci put him on the bed. "What to do? Kisara might know." (How can I contact that mountain dweller?) Luci saw the spell book and started flipping through it until she found something. Luci threw symbols on the mirror and an image of Kisara appeared. "Woah, this is just like video chatting." "Luci? I didn't think a brut like you would know of such spells. What do you want?" "Well-" Luci explained what happened leading to K current condition. "He needs to absorb your energy, a little should be enough." "But he didn't need to before-" "Circumstances have changed." Kisara cuts Luci off. Then the mirror returned to normal and shattered. "She was angrier than usual." Luci looked at K who was sleeping. "I'm sorry for breaking the mirror."

Fiore had no idea what was up with this kid. Maybe he was just naturally insane. Seriously, this kid should be asked to be part of a squad or something less dangerous than to being so freely to roam around the capital, especially around K. But Fiore also wanted to give this kid a chance. Because if things were to get out of hand, it wouldn't really matter as Fiore wouldn't hesitate to put an end to it. He could see potential in Kana...Kana just needed lots of practice and help straightening up with whatever delusions were going through his head. "It's getting late, so lets just play some games in my room." Fiore said as he took the BB Gun and settled it on the front desk. "We'll play until we're tired." Fiore said as he grabbed Kana's hand. "You don't know what Pokemon is? Have you been living under a rock?" Fiore asked as he chuckled, walking with Kana all the way to his room. "It's only the most popular pocket monsters ever." Fiore explained. They reached Fiore's room, Fiore letting Kana in. It was simple enough. Fiore didn't have much that would make the room stand out of its own. The only things that did stood out were a desk with notebooks of sketches and drawings pinned on the cork board. All of them were gun designs of all kinds, to make them stronger, faster, better. On the other side, on the vanity was a camera over an album and multiple framed pictures around. The pictures included of a family portrait of him and his parents, a picture of him, K, and Eren, and so on. Fiore opened his closet, reaching up to pull out a bunch of board games. "Ok, we have a bunch. My parents send me a new one every birthday. Any in specific?" Fiore asked, the sun setting down as the night seemed to rise over the city.Antonio wore a black t-shirt, jeans and boots. He sat in one of the tables with the gear that he had been given. He had set them out as groups for all members. Earpiece communicators, smoke bombs, small hacking devices to help with small things like electric doors, shocking grenades, and standard guns just in case. He heard the back door opening. He quickly turned, pointing his sword at it. Lovi screamed as she jumped onto the nearest counter top. "Antonio it's ME!" Lovi said, wearing a big stupid looking hat and sunglasses. "Lovi. Tell me you're coming in, at least." Antonio said as he lowered his sword. "And what are you wearing?" Antonio asked. Lovi quickly stroke a pose. "Well I'm going to cause the distraction for Charles to sneak in to turn off the lights, so I'm hiding my identity!" Lovi said as she walked over. "Well, here. These are yours." Antonio said as he gave Lovi her share of the items. "Ohhh! This is nice!" Lovi said as she got the earpiece on. "I look like a spy!" Lovi smiled. "Did you get the car?" Antonio asked. "Yup! No science plates~" Lovi cooed. 

Charles took a step back, his very own dagger still facing the Stranger who claimed he was from the now extinct mafia. This Novan boy was simply staring at him, not fearful whatsoever for claiming such a dangorus thing. Claiming to be a member of the Sky family was the same thing as calming you had a gun in a crowed area. Only the mentally insane would do such a thing...or, "So your a Sky then?" 

Novan gave a look of surprise, "You believe me?" 

Charles let out a sigh, bringing down the dagger, "Yeah, only a real Sky would claim such a thing outloud in public." 

Novan watched Charles before letting out a small laugh, "Your a weird guy you know." Novan extended his own hand in a greeting mater, "So now you know my name, but what's yours again?" 

"You want to shake hands even though I can report you to the officials?" 

"Well....yeah, I mean I might as well know the name of the guy who sent me to my execution." 

Now Charles found himself laughing while he brought out his free hand. He gripped Novan's hand, giving one big handshake, "Charles, it's Charles." 

"RIght, I'll try to remember that next time." Novan said letting go. 

"So what are you going to do now?" Charles asked, putting the dagger in his back pocket. 

"Your not going to call the officials on me?" 

"And get my own family in trouble? Nope." 

"Well...." Novan started when suddenly his own stomach growled out-loud throughout the whole barn. He looked at Charles semi flustered while the cows swigged their tails. "Do you have something to eat first?...." 

"Yeah." Charles answered, turning around. "But you might not want to leave this barn." 

"Why?" 

"Because my family is a family of criminals disguising themselves as farmers. If they see a richie man like you, they'll turn cannibal for the night." 

Novan could only gulp while Charles walked away. 

(Hey guys, I need only one more Past Charles post, then I should be able to start posting as Kataa and Charles again) 

I was kind of surprised how Fiore was handling all this so well. But maybe perhaps I wasn't the craziest person Fiore has encountered. It wouldn't surprise me, but if he did think I had some sort of loose screw why would he- Oh. I get it. He thinks he can kill me. Well I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there... I obediently allowed Fiore to guide me to his room. We had small talk, "Kana doesn't know. Kana isn't a very social media person. So Kana guesses they don't see much of whats trending. And no! Fiore-senpai! Kana lived a nice house in the middle district!" But I quieted back down when Fiore began explaining these 'Pocket Monsters'. Entering his room was very different than entering Eren's room. "Wow! It's so neat! Kana can tell there are lights in this room! And! There isn't a dirty cage in a dark corner!" I took a good look of everything and spotted the drawings of guns, "Woah you can even draw guns Fiore-senpai! Impressive as ever." I nodded in agreement to myself. "When Kana was young they liked drawing a lot too. It's been a long time-" I quickly stopped my train of thought as I saw the picture frames. "Oh goodness is that a picture of your parents? They look so young!!" But I stopped looking at all the pictures once I thought that the picture of Eren was legit glaring at me. My focus was back on Fiore with the massive collection of games. "Wow Kana hasn't seen any of these before! Except these!" I was pointing at a deck of cards. "Ooooo this is so tough to choose from... Sorry Fiore-senpai you'll have to teach me how to play but can we play this?" I pointed at a box, on the side it said 'Sorry'.

It had been 2 weeks since Novan Sky had entered the life of Charles. Since his arrival Novan had remained in the animal barn, hiding within the stacks of hay whenever someone besides Charles had appeared. For a week Noavan had considered finally leaving the soarful cow-dung smelling barn, but every time he tried it was a utter fail. Either a member of Charles family would appear, a storm would occur, or he was just too hungry that he rather wait for a meal. Sure it would be nice to finally leave a place that didn't smell so horrid, but it was better than being back home. 

Novan was found laying on a hay stack while Charles walked in with another bowl of chowder. "Again?" Novan said sitting up, blowing the pieces of staw off his shoulders. "Don't you have anything better?" 

"No you idiot, this is the Dirt Poor District after all." Charles frowned.

"So what about it? That's just a title."

"I wish." Charles rolled his eyes, sitting down on the hay beside Novan. He handed him the tray, "We're the lowlifes here. The extra population the Capital's not sure what to do with. Honestly, they probably just wish they could get rid of us."

"Neh." Novan replied taking a sip of the crappy chowder.

"Wha?" 

"Maybe the capital your thinking of, but not the one I know." Novan he closed his violet eyes as if imagining a world that once had happened. "In the Capital I know, those with the lowest of titles are the best of allies. They have all the wits you could ever need, and hey a little money could go a long way." Novan laughed while Charles only furthered his glare. "Yet...I hear that those who are found the weakest, tend to be the strongest....inside." Noavan could only gaze at the palm of his hand before going on with his meal. 

Charles could only study him. Even though it's been two weeks, Charles just couldn't understand this fellow. He was just so....carefree. More than he ought to be... "So, have you thought about going back yet?" Chalres asked. 

"Eh, yeah." Novan shrugged. 

"You don't wanna go?" 

Novan shrugged once again, his violet eyes looking deep into the chowder, "I mean...there's nothing to really go back to." 

Chalres palms grew so sweaty, "W-wait are you the only Sky left?" 

"What?" Novan asked giving Chalres a bewildered look, "Ha! No! I'm not the only one, I have two brothers and a Mom." 

"I don't get it though, I thought you guys were all suppose to be...." 

"Dead? Yeah, that's what I thought. But no, were not. We're held captive instead." 

"Held captive? By who?" 

"I dunno, somone my Mom knows." Novan kept eating, as if the subject didn't really mater. 

"What? They how are you in public?" 

"Oh yeah, my brothers and I escaped." 

"What?!" Charles practically yelled. 

"Jeesh calm down dude." Novan said frowning at the man who was acting historical."Yeah, when you caught me with the horse. That was the horse I rode to escape the Dictator." 

"WHAT?" Charles was dumbfounded. For the past two weeks he had been hiding a Government-held prisoner?! "What about your Ma?! Where's your brothers?! Are the cops going to raid my house?!"

"Probably dead, I dunno, and hopefully not." Charles only grew more dumbfounded till Novan decided to speak in details, "Look, my brothers and I were never really found of our Mother, ok? So don't look at me like I'm a horrid killer. My father died only two years after my younger brother was born, when the Dictator's dogs threaten to kill us. My Mother, be the weakling she is decided to agree to a deal where we would be held captive instead of killed. Thus, we were caged in the lower parts of the Capital for many years, intill my two brothers forged to plan to escape. Thus the three of us escaped, not telling our Mother a single word. As for my brothers, I don't know where they are or what they are even doing. My eldest brother was all for rebelling and killing the Dictator and all his followers, while my younger brother thought it would be wiser to gather a crowd of rebels. We accidentally split up while we were escaping. And as for the police....yeah hopefully not." 

Charles hands became fists, "Won't aren't you going to go help your brothers?!" 

Novan finished his chowder, laying the bowl on the tray, "No, I'm not. I never really cared about rebelling anyways. I just wanted to get out of there." Novan fell back against the hay. Charles grew angry watching the boy-how could he just leave his family like that?! However, the next move Novan did surprised Charles most of all. He saw water form in the boy's violet eyes. "Though....I do wonder why they had to be so ambitious....and my Mother so weak...."

Charles remained silent for a few seconds before standing up before the boy, "Look....I may not be familiar with this family-jumbo-mumbo or whatever, but I do know one thing.... Sometimes you gotta just live the life you wanna strive for and hope that maybe it can make the others around you happy as well-whether they like it or not." Charles stood tall in front of the man in a way he had never done before. For most of his life, his own family did not really care for his actions, only the money he made. But maybe...maybe that just wasn't the right answer.

Novan looked at him, the water in his eyes vanishing. He sat back up when he suddenly had to ask, "Hey...Charles, I have a question."

"What?"

"Are you a teenager?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Oh nothin, I just wondered why you looked like such an adult, but thought like a teen." Novan smirked.

Charles smacked him on the shoulder, "Hey! That's not funny you bastard!"

Novan burst out laughing when suddenly the barn door creaked open. Novan fell over from shock while Charles remained standing there saying, "Don't worry." Novan hid behind the hay, his violet eyes suddenly growing wide. "It's only Mishi."

Standing right beside the barn door, with light coming from the outside; stood a girl with a dress that looked like it was made from brown rags. The girl had big-blue eyes and the most vibrant color of pink hair he had ever seen. And to him, she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

Charles had just finished the crane he had been making. A crane with the color of light pink. With his withered feet, he stood up watching the setting sun finally journey beneath the clouds. With a small smile forming in his lips, he walked off with a single thought going through his mind, "Don't worry you two, I'll save your daughter."

Edited by Nora Valkyrie

Fiore felt the twitch in his eye as he watched Kana explore his room around. Once Kana had calmed down, Kana decided to choose a game. Sorry specifically. "Oh that one's easy to play." Fiore said as he walked over and picked up the box. He walked over to the bed and settled it down, climbing on as he began to unbox the components. A play board with four different colors that included a route, a start and a home base and safety zone,  pawns and a pair of dice. "Alright. You choose a color. Starting from home, the goal is to go all around the route all the way home. The one who gets all of its pieces home wins, using the numbers on the dice to see how many steps each of your pieces gets to take. Pretty easy stuff." Fiore explained as he decided that he would pick out the color red. "If K and Eren were here we could play it all together. Maybe one day we can." Fiore added. That would be a nice thought, just the four of them playing a simple board game instead of trying to push down a government rebellion from the darkest parts of the city."I have no idea how we are going to manage this through." Lovi said as he sat on a chair. Antonio inspected the standard handgun, practicing to aim with it. Civilians weren't suppose to have guns, or any weapons for that matter unless you worked with the police force or the army or the government and so on. Getting caught with this was definitely more than just a simple felony. He could feel the cold bars of a life in a cell at his fingertips if he were to get caught, his siblings devastated, his parents disappointed, his mother scolding him for being a criminal- "Antonio." Lovi said, bringing the young man back to reality. "Huh? Um, yeah." Antonio said as he got it away. "I just hope we find Yui in time. What if we end up going all over the place all night just trying to find her and we don't?" Lovi groaned.