Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Windows 10 releasing July 29

I still use Windows 7

My father and younger brother are the only ones to use windows 8.

I find it a hassle to have to learn to use a new interface or system - heres hoping Win10 will be similar to Win7 and WinXP in layout.

Edited by catmaster0116

I still use Windows 7

My father and younger brother are the only ones to use windows 8.

I find it a hassle to have to learn to use a new interface or system - heres hoping Win10 will be similar to Win7 and WinXP in layout.

The link gives you a good look at it.

There is already a little icon at the bottom of my screen on 8.1 to upgrade. Kind of funny that they are advertising it by putting a button on the previous operating system.

Its mainly as they want you to upgrade, and as far as I understand, it's still free to do as long as you have a legit copy of Windows 7 or 8/8.1, and if they're making it free for 1000's of people, I doubt they want anyone to miss the chance.

I still use Windows 7My father and younger brother are the only ones to use windows 8. I find it a hassle to have to learn to use a new interface or system - heres hoping Win10 will be similar to Win7 and WinXP in layout.

Windows 10 has a sort of mix of 8 and 7, the tile interface is only active when you have a touch screen and no pereferal (keyboard/mouse or input device of some kind) but otherwise it looks very similar to 7 in desktop mode, though the start button is a tad strange as it still has tiles/ tile interface apps accessible (last I remember seeing anyway) from there, making it look stretched, otherwise it looked very similar.

Its mainly as they want you to upgrade, and as far as I understand, it's still free to do as long as you have a legit copy of Windows 7 or 8/8.1, and if they're making it free for 1000's of people, I doubt they want anyone to miss the chance. Windows 10 has a sort of mix of 8 and 7, the tile interface is only active when you have a touch screen and no pereferal (keyboard/mouse or input device of some kind) but otherwise it looks very similar to 7 in desktop mode, though the start button is a tad strange as it still has tiles/ tile interface apps accessible (last I remember seeing anyway) from there, making it look stretched, otherwise it looked very similar.

Their logic is actually to get people off of older versions of windows faster so they can spend less money servicing those old versions.

I noticed the little icon on my task bar last night and went through the steps for it to automatically upgrade when it comes out. I hope I don't regret this decision. ;~;