Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Nero Kunivas

What if Square-Enix screws us over? (KHIII Discussion)

Go in with no expectations and you will never be disappointed ;) If anything you can be pleasantly surprised :P

That's impossible. Especially when it comes to KH. And especially when it comes to KH3.

After two solid years of no public gameplay trailers, they do have to give something, even if it's not much. Even if they do show something behind closed doors at D23 we're sure to eventually it a week or so later, unlike the 2.5 launch event.

You speak as if they haven't already screwed us over (*Cough!*DreamDropDistance.*Cough!*).

All trailers for that were shown, it came out, it received good reviews and was a good game. (Last one is opinion.)

The game wasn't a screw over by the definition I was presenting here or any other. Your argument is invalid.

I disagree because I know me better than you know me. No I'm kidding, but really, that trailer from D23 2013 was actually a beta trailer. It was the same with the E3 2013 trailer. Not only that, but seeing how SQEX FR has been teasing a lot about KH3 lately, I think SQEX will steal the show at E3 and show off KH3. They do mean what they say and they don't say anything if they do not want to give anything away.

I disagree because I know me better than you know me. No I'm kidding, but really, that trailer from D23 2013 was actually a beta trailer. It was the same with the E3 2013 trailer. Not only that, but seeing how SQEX FR has been teasing a lot about KH3 lately, I think SQEX will steal the show at E3 and show off KH3. They do mean what they say and they don't say anything if they do not want to give anything away.

The Beta phase of video game development is when the game is nearing completion, with all assets and features, with only bugs being fixed. In the end it will be a mostly bug and glitch free experience. Some companies go with a Public Beta for players to break the game to expose the bugs and glitches for them to patch.

This usually occurs within three to four months before a Video Games release.

KH3 is in it's "First playable" stage, also known as Pre-Alpha. Since they switched engines before then, not to mention I believe it has been mentioned before that was potentially CGI Footage, both times in E3 and D23, I say you are wrong here.

They have little to nothing to really show off that would cement KH3 as Alpha or Beta stages. They can only show the build, the bare components like animations, artwork and rehearsal voice acting, if even any of that.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they showed nothing, or kept it to a private viewing with how far the game is from being finished.

I'm not expecting anything at E3 except a mention, then the apology for it not be present soon after.

But please be excited for the mobile f2p Unchained Key game coming as your only KH game in the year 2015. Enjoy fans....not. We can only hope they drop some HD collection news for PS4/One

The Beta phase of video game development is when the game is nearing completion, with all assets and features, with only bugs being fixed. In the end it will be a mostly bug and glitch free experience. Some companies go with a Public Beta for players to break the game to expose the bugs and glitches for them to patch. This usually occurs within three to four months before a Video Games release. KH3 is in it's "First playable" stage, also known as Pre-Alpha. Since they switched engines before then, not to mention I believe it has been mentioned before that was potentially CGI Footage, both times in E3 and D23, I say you are wrong here. They have little to nothing to really show off that would cement KH3 as Alpha or Beta stages. They can only show the build, the bare components like animations, artwork and rehearsal voice acting, if even any of that. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they showed nothing, or kept it to a private viewing with how far the game is from being finished.

Really? Was it an alpha trailer? I thought it was beta. Huh, I guess not. The thing though is this title has been in development since 2010. This is now five years. Could it not be possible that the things that they were showing over the past couple of years was stuff they already did and it is just a mask so as to keep the hype tamed at a reasonable level? Besides, since you mention voice acting, in January 2014, Haley Joel Osment said they will probably start voice acting over the summer. July comes around and he is asked about it again. He says he can not say a thing ON PAPER which means he signed the contract and voice acting was already underway. Then come Mr. Farmer in December. He says they are done and it will be out this year, but then had to retract and say it's release is unannounced. That probably is a cover up to avoid bleeding. They probably are farther than we think in progress and just are showing old stuff to take hype. Think about how many times you have seen talk on the internet about how legendary it will be. If you show such a sought-after title as it is, hype and expectations go through the roof and become unreasonable. That is why SQEX will probably not mess with us and show KH3 at E3 2015.

You all bring up really good points on this subject but honestly in my opinion I really don't care what kind news they will show whether if its Unchained Key, Dream Drop Distance,a complete HD collection for the PS4/Xbox One or even KH3. I am satisfied with any kind of news they will have at E3 if they have any which more than likely I believe they some kind of news and if they don't then no worries we still have D23 to look forward to.