Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hargleblargleboo

(RE-DO) Athánatos: City of Corruption (RP)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure to follow this topic as well as this one so that you won't miss any posts!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8:39 PM. Amber Street, Athánatos. 

It was foggy. It was dark, and the first quarter moon was hidden behind the grey clouds. Typical of a spring night in the city of Athánatos; an aged place cut off from the rest of the world due to its wide variety of citizens. However, what wasn't typical was the heavy rain that poured down. Thick and harsh where the drops that hit the many objects in the city. It hit the roofs of homes, stores, shops, restaurants, churches, elementary schools, high schools, and the university. The rain looked like it wouldn't stop. Most people stayed inside, or some relished to see the rare showers. So, there were not a lot of people out. Another reason folks weren't out was because of a terrible riot that occurred the afternoon before, leaving the majority of the city in shambles. The troublemakers were, of course, irritated esper and beast youth who rebelled over the lack of control and concern in a reoccurring string of murders.

Murders came often, but not at the rate it was happening lately. So far, there are a total of five murders in twenty-four hours, and all of the victims ended up with the same fate. Their hearts were torn straight out of there chests, their eyes were missing, and they all had black canine-like fangs lodged in their collarbones. Police officials as well as government officials teamed up to help clean the mess from the riot as well as send the youth home. Some of them even went to investigate the possible cause of the murders. However, there was one youth that wasn't home just yet. A shy sonokinetic who goes by 'Joel'. He didn't participate in the riot. He just got caught in its crossfire. He was inside the infamous place known as, "The Chrysanthemum Sisters", A local fortune-telling house.

The Chrysanthemum Sisters themselves were two aging women who's personalities still remained young. They went by Madame Linda, the younger, and Madame Cadence, the older. They are known for being spunky, sarcastic, and full of heart. They both possessed the ability of precognition, and use it to help others see hints of their fate. Right now, Linda was using the age-old method of tasseography, also known as tea leaf reading.

"Hmm...", Linda hummed, staring into Joel's tea cup. "Oh, my..."

"W-What? What is it ma'am?", Joel asked rather frantically.

"Well, from these patterns, they tell me that... you should be wary of those you love, and that your city is going to become more dangerous in the days that come.", Linda said, looking at Joel in concern. The younger man just flashed her a look of utter fear, groaning in disappointment. He know it was something bad.

"Oh, stop it, Linda!" Cadence cried before swiping the tea cup of of her sister's hand. "Stop scaring the child!" She promptly throw the tea cup over her shoulder in frustration. Joel sighed, slouching in his chair.

"Well,", Joel started. "What else should I do?"

"Never go out during a new or full moon.~", Linda replied.

"Report anything you see to the police or detectives.", Cadence added.

"Be careful, and don't die.~", Linda concluded with an awkward smile.

Joel sighed again, looking down at the ground in despair.

"Now, anything else you want to ask us?", the younger sister asked.

"No.", Joel replied. "I guess not." He put on his jacket and scarf and took his umbrella. "Thanks for the tea." With that Joel headed out on his way back to his dorm. He would have gone back to Ellen's house, but that was just a bit too far away. This fortune-telling house wasn't all that far from the dorms of the university, so Joel figured he could get home safely enough. He had a silver crucifix in his pocket just in case, because it is speculated the murders were done by black dogs or vampires.

Once outside the house, Joel quickly opened up his umbrella and held it over his head.

"Danger? How could things possibly get any worse?" He muttered to himself as he started to walk. "Heh. Jeez... It's darker than I thought... But, the rain's nice, I guess..." He was starting to get scared, for no one know what could happen to you at night. Besides, the streets aren't safe anymore since there is a murderer on the loose. "Don't panic. I'm cool. I'm... cool..." He looked down at the ground in despair as he continued to walk, not paying attention to whatever might be in front of him.

Lilith silently walked out of an unknown persons house, wiping blood off her face.

Ah~ she's done it again. She just caused another unknown murder. Lilith stuffed something that appeared to be money in a purse-like bag she stole from the house of the "Succubus Victim" she had tonight.

"And you'd think I'd manage to find an umbrella..." Lilith mumbled to herself, sighing as she let the rain fall on her head.

She started getting a move on, headed back home after a days work.

Lilith walked silently until she saw someone up ahead with an umbrella. This person was Joel.

"Excuse me sir, but may I share your umbrella?" She asked him, a bit nervous on what she would approach as. Her clothes were clean and she didn't look like she just brutally murdered somebody.

Sharp turn, right into an alley. The sound of footsteps getting faster. Silas quickly ran up the wall of the narrow way, jumping from one wall to the other, before lunging himself to the way of a fire escape. He climbed on it, the metal clanking and clang of his feet landing, and then of him running up the stairs of the fire escape. The groaning metals sounded like the thing would give up at any moment, causing a tragic accident. Silas reached to the roof, and carefully looked down from his position. The unlucky street cop who had caught him running around was trying to catch up, but as he reached the alley and found it empty, he stared dumbfounded, muttering that maybe it could've been a ghost, or one of those other creatures that could possibly turn invisible. Silas chuckled to himself, turning away. It was too much fun to mess with the police. Especially the ones that were obviously not fast enough to keep up with the ambitious werewolf. The police consisted mostly of Espers anyways. Something about making it fair since beasts were so strong. A bunch of BS given by the government again, at least that is what Silas thought of it. Without much of a pause or thought, he started to run before jumping off the building and just barely reaching the edge of the next building's roof. Pulling himself up, you could see a smile on his face, his grin showing off his sharp fangs. The rush of adrenaline was just what he needed after a long day at work. Though fixing vehicles and other machinery paid well, it never compared to the feeling of using your energy to the fullest. As he started to run on his fours, jumping from roof, to roof, using multiple items that stood between the buildings to reach his points, the fact he wasn't dead yet was a miracle on its own. But then again, in a city with buildings so close to each other, it helped. It then started to rain. He glanced up as the drops fell on his skin. It started out slowly before going all out. Not hard enough to hurt but with enough consistency to drench someone after a few minutes. "Ugh...that means that the outskirts are going to be muddy again." Silas complained to himself. Last time he went through the mud he looked like a swamp monster. It was terrible to get it all off. He sat on the roof where he stood, wondering if he should go around and hunt even in the rain. Hunting for deer made him save on grocery shopping. Plus it was a nice hobby to do. He perked up his head at the sound of footsteps. He crawled over to the edge as he glanced down to see two people holding an umbrella, a woman and a boy. "Aw." Silas said with a sincere tone. He was a sucker for this kind of stuff.

While this all went down, from the shadows came out a gentle looking girl. She watched the Sucubus make her way out of the apartment and on her way. Once she was out of sight Kimi hurried up the stairs and entered the building, following the trail to the bedroom. The Sucubus had already stolen any valuables. The only thing left was the body, or in this case for Kimi, dinner. Kimi walked over to the body, staring down at it innocently. Usually she had to kill her victims, but being able to find bodies like this was a great way to keep herself from getting blood all over her. So was the ways of monsters. To do anything to survive. Kimi crawled onto the bed, looking down at the corpse as she knelt down to the neck. "Yummy..." Kimi said as her eyes turned black. She opened her mouth, her jaw unhinging like a snake before she took a large bite out of the neck. Warm blood gushed as the sound of ripping flesh and muscle echoed in the silence of the house, only being disturbed by the sound of raindrops tapping against the window. Dinner was served.

Joel thought he could hear something other than his own footsteps and the harsh rain. With his abilities, he manipulated his own sound volumes to hear better. He heard the voice of a woman, so he looked around. It wasn't long until he saw the unknown woman, asking to share his umbrella.

"O-Oh! Hello, miss.", Joel greeted shyly. The woman looked soaked, like she had been out in the rain for a good while. "U-Um, sure. My umbrella isn't super wide, though. Sorry.", he apologized before approaching her and holding the umbrella above her. Despite this woman's rather frail appearance, Joel still kept himself on his toes. After all, in a city like this, it's really hard to trust anybody when you first meet them. For now, Joel would keep being nice to the slightly older woman.

"There we go.", he said with a shy smile. "So, where are you headed off to? Are you lost, or something?", he asked standing stationary as to listen to her. "What's your name?"

~Tyler Everson~

Ty was in the middle of a song when the riots began. In fact, it was his only song in the entire performance.  The Sound of Music was the performance that was to bring the Young Adult Theatre Troupe back into the light, out of the snow- and yet those riots again had interrupted the plans. In the middle of 'Sixteen going on Seventeen' the Troupe had to end their play in cooperation with local law enforcement. What a shame. Ty stomped back stage, throwing his blond wig onto the polished wood.

"Again! Every time we make decent amount of money to keep going, we're interrupted by that damn rioting in the streets!" Tyler began ranting- again, like he does every time a show goes wrong. "We didn't even make it to the intermission this time!" Back in the Greenroom, Ty threw himself onto his chair, burying his eyes into his wrist. "Just once, I'd like a show to go according to plan. We haven't had a stable show since I was fourteen..."

The performance of A Christmas Carol was Ty's most successful show- he was in character of Tim Cratchit, one of the last of the younger roles he was to perform. He could recall it as if it had only just happened- outside, the snow fell a bit harder than most usual holidays, and the wind gusted, relentless to the peoples outside. Luckily, the Theatre House had been well insulated... not only was it the best selling show, but it had even sold out! Perhaps because of the harsh winter outside, however, ever since, they've had more come to the shows on average. Problem was... every following performance, something had happened. The lights would go out, the roof would fall...There was a long period of time when nothing had been performed. Eventually, the YATT bought a new Auditorium, and the shows started back up again, although never as grand as it had been before.

"I'm gonna walk home." Ty exclaimed to the stagehand, who had been offering a drink of water. He had almost left the room before he turned again. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude... I'm just..." Tyler looked down at the floor, before leaving the room via the back exit.

It had been raining that day. A bit differently than usual. Through the fog, Ty stumbled into the nearly empty streets, looking for his way home.

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

(Giving random names to streets)

"If you would take me to 5th Street then that would be very nice." Lilith said to the boy with a small smile in return to his.

"My name? I am Lilith Naamah." She introduced.

"And what is your name?" She asked.

"Also, thank you for sharing this umbrella. I owe you a favor. What would you like~?" Lilith asked Joel.

Silas glanced down. They looked like they could make a cute couple. Though they could just be friends for all he knew. But that alone took the fun out of the imagination aspect of it. He was tempted to just run down and play some lovy dove song from his cellphone to ruin the mood, but something else caught his attention instead. Silas perked up his head as his sensitive hearing helped him hear from far away. Riots. Again. He could faintly hear the stomping feet splashing against the rain. Riots had become more frequent. They would either be beasts or Espers. Were two of these to meet usually led to violence and arrests. But the Espers always got off easy. The Beasts, not. Silas huffed, looking around. "If there's riots there's police...I could always...mess around." He purred to himself. In his werewolf form he was much larger and stronger than an average wolf. He could scare the living crap out of a few people that way. Yeah...that did sound fun. He walked over to the edge of the roof, suddenly letting out a powerful howl that rivaled the thunder of the rain, echoing across the city as he transformed. Kimi looked up from her meal as she heard the howl. She didn't knew the guy personally, but she knew such howl belonged to a certain alpha werewolf that has a history against police. Not that he terrorized anyone...he just liked to annoy the police. "Well as long as he stays away." Kimi muttered, washing off the blood from her face. By now she had hurried up and eaten up his skin, and most of his muscle and internal organs. She had to get going before anyone came looking for him and she was around at the wrong time. She walked out of the building, hurrying down the street across the rain. She couldn't be caught. She would be killed. Transforming to his wolf form sometimes hurt. It depended on if he was willing to let himself transform. The only time he could never avoid the transformation was in a full moon. Stashing away his stuff, he leaped down from the ceiling and landed just a few feet away from the couple, only to make his way where the riots were at.

Atop a building, amongst the stormy night in Athánatos, was a man who wished for the safety of all of its denizens.

A man who had seen much violence and death in his youth...who wished to prevent it all.

A man who was a master over the element of Ice.

This man has many names...his real one, as Randir Mori.

Randir watched the city below atop a tallish building, feeling the raindrops drip and drop around and on him. He held out his hand, watching the water gather in the palm of his hand...only for him to freeze the small puddle solid...and crush it, shattering it. He brushed his hair with the same hand as his thoughts turned to his current target. He was tracking a particular criminal this night, one he had been seeking for a long while now...the succubus: Lilith Victoria Naamah, who has killed many after "having her way with them". Randir liked Beasts and Espers like himself alike, but she was among those whom he hated with a cold passion. They were all part of the system of chaos that spread throughout the city, the chaos he sought to end. He jumped from the Building and began his investigation.

He knew where she was now....or at least, where she had been. He had found one of her latest victims, killed after rigorous activity and robbed of their possessions and money. Her typical pattern for her killings. However, he had noticed a difference....there was barely a corpse left when he checked again. It had been devoured with the savageness that only a Werewolf could give..."Dinner. Killed, wrapped up and served." He thought to himself as he followed her trail. She had bumped into a young boy with an Umbrella, no doubt to shield herself from the rain falling. But he would not allow another innocent to be taken advantage of and killed, so he followed wherever they went in the shadows, hoping to finally give Lilith the justice she deserved.

Edited by SuperiorKunivas

Joel blinked the woman named Lilith and gave her a small smile.

"5th Street? I know where that is. Thankfully, it isn't too far.", he said.

He started to walk in the opposite direction he came from."It's my pleasure ma'am. Oh, and my name is Joel, by the way." He kept that shy little on his face as they walked. Then, the woman expressed giving something in return to Joel for his kindness. Joel looked at her. "Oh, no. You don't need to give me anything. Helping you get home safely is a reward enough." Just then, a loud clap of thunder could be heard in the air as well as a howl.

Joel jolted up in fear at the loud noises. He hoped that didn't give a bad impression on Lilith. He was sometimes labels as weak, and he didn't want the woman to feel unprotected. He assumed she could defend herself, but he wasn't really sure. Joel gulped.

"Especially in a city like this."

Where did that howl come from? A black dog? A werewolf? Whatever it was, he had to be prepared. If it were a full moon, that would be even worse. He started to walk faster towards 5th Street. Suddenly, with the aid of his advanced hearing, he heard the sounds of yet another riot in the distance. Added onto that was a faint impact on the ground. It was close. Joel used his free hand to take the crucifix out of his pocket. "Sorry.", he apologized to Lilith. "I'm just being careful." He continued walking, holding the crucifix to his heart. "Dogs don't like me very much..." It was somewhat true. Dogs never liked him because he spent a lot of time with Ellen's cat, so they could probably smell it on him. However, the biggest reason dogs never really liked him was when he used his abilities to raise sound frequencies.

~Ty Everson~

It wasn't too much longer before Ty got tired of walking. His house was quite far, and walking wasn't his favorite thing to do- especially when he didn't have to. He took a breath, and crossed his arms- but wait, he saw something out of the corner of his eye. A large beast, perhaps a werewolf, running towards his direction. He jumped out of the way, as to avoid being hit. This was the first time he had been so close to a Beast before, and he didn't want to waste the chance that he'd been given. He took a step forward to get a closer look.

"A werewolf!" Ty exclaimed excitedly, but still fearful of the beast. He didn't know if he should approach the creature, or if he should stay away... either way, he knew that it was sentient. His parents had taught Ty that Beasts were all savages, rampaging through the streets, never caring for who they hurt or had killed... but Tyler's studies showed otherwise. Beasts weren't so different from Espers, but society had seemed to treat them like animals... still, stereotypes existed for a reason. Some beasts really did murder and kill anyone in their way- in fact, most are guessing the recent strings of murders were done by a beast too. Tyler decided to stand back, and just observe and follow the beast, should it go anywhere. This was a lot better than going home!

Lilith giggled a bit at Joel's reactions. 

"It's fine Joel, people get scared sometimes." she said simply. 

Lilith was silent for a second as she started hearing the riots as well. 

"It was probably a werewolf! You should probably get home Joel, I can make it from here." she said, looking at him with a smile still on her face.

"Thank you very much! Oh, here is my card too!" Lilith said, handing Joel a card and running off towards 5th Street without a word. 

Victoria Services

Pleasure and More

565-566-5665 

(troloolololol I had to) 

Edited by Madam Ciel Nekohive

Randir expressed silent disappointment and anger at missing his target. "Slippery little minx that one...soon though. She cannot hide from fate."

He then noticed Joel was still there...so, he remained in the shadows, blending into the darkness of the night before he acted.

"You're joining the wrong crowd, young one." He said from the shadows to Joel. He wanted to make sure he never went near that psycho ever again, that way he could live his life fully without it being snuffed out like so many others. 

A file of papers hit the desk. Followed by a coffee mug. Then a fist. Another riot? Really? Could people not calm down for a few hours so the police could do their job and work on things without interruption. Caesar ran his hand through his disheveled hair and sighed. But he understood. Even if he wasn't, he knew many others were corrupt, government officials, police officers, business owners, etc. He tried to collect as much evidence as he could against them, but they covered their tracks. The Detective had to admit that, they were good. But he couldn't concern himself with them right now. Right now, he had five murders to solve. He glanced to the crime scene photos he had pinned up on the corkboard in his office. Hearts torn from chest cavities, eyes dug out from their sockets, and black teeth embedded in the collarbones. All five of them. And all within just a few hours of each other. It was possible that they were all done by the same culprit, but at the same time, it could be an organized group of people. Another thing was the fact that this MO hadn't been seen before. It wasn't like that stupid freezing vigilante, or the male victims that had just recently been engaged in sexual activities before death. No... These were new. Caesar took a sip of his coffee and listened to the raindrops pound on the windows. It was going to be a long night, but he wasn't sleeping until he had some lead. Caesar stood up from his seat, and headed over to the evidence locker from this case. Any piece of evidence pertaining to the crime was inside including...

(details on any objects found nearby each crime scene, on the body or near it would be appreciated.)

(I added the fact that Silas has a weakness to silver, btw.)

Silas glanced up and stopped slightly. Someone was looking at him. It was an Esper. He could smell it. Silas looked around, continuing to walk around and let whoever was following him to follow him. He didn't mind at all. He liked his form better than his human form anyway. It felt more...natural. He could never really explain it fully to himself. He huffed, his paws splashing on the ground. This part of the city was the closest to the outskirts. Not really much people anyway. Not at this hour. Not with the murders around. People were wary. Thought many thought that beasts were responsible. Silas sniffed the air and his body went somewhat stiff. Blood? Another murder, perhaps? One way or another he'd prefer to avoid it...the police already wanted to pin crimes that he didn't commit on him. He didn't want to add the murders to the list of crap he had to deal with. For once, he took a look back to see who exactly was following him. It turned out to be merely a kid. Younger than him, it appeared. "(Why would he be following me? Haven't his parents taught him that things go bump in the night?)" Silas thought. He stopped right at the edge of the outskirts, making a large scratch mark on a tree as he took off from of its bark. Just as suddenly, he leaped from where he stood, in within seconds, he was right in front of the kid that had been following him for the past few minutes. Usually he would growl to warn to run away, but for once Silas decided to see why this kid was interested in him, and instead started to sniff him around. No gunpowder, so he wasn't armed. Though it did smell like he had a chocolate or two on him.

Kimi walked over to the scene of teh crime, walking right up to the limit set by the tape. The scene was a complete mess. It was horrifying for the people watching. But she remained unmoved. Truthfully she had seen worse. She ate people, of course she had seen much worse. But this also counted as a small problem. It meant that someone was killing off possible food subjects...she couldn't have that happen so frequently. If the weak food died off before she could eat them, then it would be hard to find food to eat. That thought she did not like at all. "How terrible." She said, trying to blend in with the crowed. She glanced back and forth. She had considered eating beasts before, as well, but they were harder to kill off than Espers because they could sense her. She was a beast herself, after all. For the moment she contemplated that she could follow the body to the autopsy...and make it her dessert.

~Tyler Everson~ 

Does he know... that I'm following him? Ty continued to follow the beast, taking out a notepad and a pencil. After all, as an Actor, he had to write down anything that may or may not give him inspiration in the future. He began doodling as he ran after the Werewolf, trying to get the correct anatomy but also trying to keep it simple, so that he may be able to write down certain features.

After he had finished his crude drawing, Tyler began writing features. Strong sense of smell... he MUST know I'm following him! Avid jumping skills, High speed... Ty saw the beast look back at him. He hurriedly tried to finish his notes so that he couldn't get too involved with the creature. Good hunter, left a mark on a post before he... Ty immediately stopped writing, his pencil dropping onto the ground. The beast was merely three feet away from him, breathing. No, not breathing- sniffing! Tyler took a step back, thinking of what the beast could want. Was it looking for something? Ty reached into his pocket, and pulled out a HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bar. He nearly forgot it was there- he had meant to save it for after the Show.

"Is this what you want?" Tyler pushed the bar forward towards the creature. "I'm not sure you can have it, I mean, if you're anything like a dog." Tyler consistently forgot that this was a regular human, with normal thought patterns. "I- sorry, that was a bit rude, wasn't it?" He tried to hold back the fear he had, but he knew that the Werewolf was already able to smell it off of him. "I um... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you..." Ty tried to Apporate away, but he was never able to fully use his abilities when he was scared or nervous.

The kid was worried. That was to be expected. He was writing something...was he drawing him, maybe? Oh he'd love to have a drawing of himself! Though he preferred one of those really nice self portraits one could hang over the fire place. He noticed the pencil and he quickly picked it up with his mouth, gently as he handed it over to the kid. He then noticed the kid offer him a chocolate bar. His eyes sparkled brightly. "(HE'S SO NICE TO ME!)" Silas thought gleefully as he took the chocolate bar and ate it, wrapper and all. Werewolves could handle eating stuff like that anyway as long as it didn't end up killing him. He licked kips lips before looking up at the kid. "(He's a nice Esper.)" Silas thought as he stood up on his back legs and rested his top paws on the Esper's shoulders. He was massive compared to this kid, but he just wanted to thank the stranger by licking his face, rubbing his face against it gently. He couldn't speak in his werewolf form, and he didn't want to transform into his human one just yet due to the fact that he'd be naked if he did, and that would be awkward for a first meeting. It'd happened before, he didn't want that to happen again. How strange would it be you met a dog and it turned into a naked guy? As hot as he was, he didn't feel the kid would appreciate it as much. Maybe later, around the forest area. He nudged the kid slightly before kneeling down, offering the kid a ride. He was large enough to do so anyways.

Joel simply sighed in relief at Lilith's acceptance of his cowardice. Not a lot of girls did that. 

"If you say so...", he mumbled. "Wait, what?? A-A werewolf? Oh my...", Joel commented. He was always wary of werewolves, lycans, or whatever the correct term was. "You're right. I guess I should go home. You just get to your home safely, too!", the young man called out as she left. Now, Joel was alone again in the cold solitude of the rain. He sighed a little in disappointment, and wondered if he'll ever bump into her again. Then, he looked down at the card Lilith had given to him. He blinked at it slowly and felt his face go completely red. How awkward was this? So, she was basically offering him.. Eugh....

Joel cringed at the thought and shook his head. He wasn't that type of person at all. Sure, he wanted to know what love was like, but not in that way. But, just as suddenly as he cringed, he heard a voice near him. It was very close, and the instantaneous voice caused him to shriek like a little girl. He frantically jerked his head from side to side, instinctively keeping his crucifix close to his heart.

"W-What? W-Who's there?? And, what crowd?", he spontaneously asked. "Are you trying to scare me?", he asked, failing to be intimidating. "I-I-I've got a crucifix here and I'm not afraid to use it! S-Show yourself!"

~Ty Everson~

"I..." Ty began to speak, not knowing what to say after the beast had picked his pencil off of the ground, and back into Tyler's hand. "T-thank you." Tyler began to ease as the eyes of the creature seemed to brighten a bit more after offering him the Chocolate bar... which, of course, was gone in a measly five seconds. The creature began to stand, resting both paws on Tylers shoulders.

"Umph!" He gasped, trying his best not to collapse under the weight of the enormous paws of the quadruped. He couldn't even utter a word once the creature began licking his face! However, the rubbing... now that was delightful! Never had he met such a nice... well, anything! Most of anyone Ty had met had been cruel to him, or otherwise apathetic. However, never has anyone shown any appreciation like this creature had.

"I wish I knew your name..." Ty empathized. The Werewolf knelt before him, seemingly longing Ty to hop onto it's back. "I... are you sure?" Tyler asked, rubbing the creatures fur. Of course, Ty knew that he- or she- could answer back, so he hopped aboard, and waited for a reaction.

"This okay?" Ty again asked, gripping his arms around the creature the best he could.

((My Neighbor Silas))

Silas gave a huff and a nod. Now this was going to be fun. He used to take his sisters for rides like this all the time. But with the dangers increasing, the play times ended rather quick. Silas gave the kid a smile as he then leaped forward and started to run. He ran right into the forest, running across so fast even the rain could barely keep up. Leaves flew into the air as he ran past. There were deer running along the way, running away from what they suspected was a predator. Silas ran smiling, taking a sharp turn to run deeper into the forest area, fireflies already making their flight around the place. After a few minutes they reached the most ominous part of the forest: the wall. The accursed thing that kept everyone trapped and confined in this city. It was large, it was strong, and it had the best security out of the entire city. Beyond that there were suspicions of electric fences along with other type of security. Not to mention it was to high to climb, and it was to deep to make a hole. Silas ran along the wall for a little bit, wanting to show it to the Esper, as not many people even came near the damn thing due to so many rumors. "(One day I'll go across it, though.)" Silas hoped. He looked up at the kid with another smile as he continued to run, showing the kid around. He showed him the deer, the lake, even a few rabbit nests where baby rabbits currently resided in. There was so much more to the city. Silas knew that, but many other people didn't. Plus, he was having fun showing someone around. He kind of wish he could speak in this form, however, he had so much he wanted to say. He came to rest to a specific spot by one of the lakes, right by a large tree that had an abandoned tree house sitting on its branches. Silas gently got the kid off and hid behind the tree. After a few growls here and there, Silas peeked back out. This time he was in his human form. "Hello~" Silas said smiling. "Sorry I didn't transform in the city. I don't want the cops to see my human form for reasons." Silas said, only wearing a pair of pants he had stashed away. His eyes gleamed happily, however. "You're so nice for an Esper. I wanted to thank you by showing you around. Not many people know of this place."

~Tyler Everson~

Weightlessness wasn't a word that Ty could use in this situation, but he felt... something he hadn't before. It felt almost like flying, only with more thrills around each corner! The speed of it all... Tyler had never traveled so fast before! Nothing could compare. The rain, even, seemed to be easing up, although he knew it wasn't so. Taking a breathe, Ty began laughing- something he felt he hadn't done in quite some time. It was relieving! If anyone had heard his laughter, they'd most likely deem him insane, and throw him into the loony bin much like his father had been earlier that year. His laughter stopped, however, when he saw where they were headed.

"The forest!?" Ty gripped the animal tighter. "I've never been there before... I was always told that there were beasts that would slay me." Tyler rubbed his face into the fur of the Beast, sighing. "Alright, let's do it!" He could see deer below, not being able to even compete with the shear speed they were running at! Eventually, the deer had disappeared from sight.

"Fireflies! I haven't seen any since I was a kid..." Ty smiled, recalling some of his more favorable memories... but now was not the time, for upon them now... was the Wall. Something everyone knew about, but many had hardly seen up close. The Beast seemed to slow down, as to let Tyler get a good look at it. He reached out, touching the wall with his bare hand. What is over this wall? He wondered. A question he had hoped that someday would be answered. After awhile, the Werewolf again turned, and the forest seemed to be the destination again. The creature bounced around from place to place, showing the boy all kids of things he hadn't noticed before- A family of rabbits, for instance.

"There's more than just beasts here... I thought most animals had been killed off by now. Maybe my studies have been wrong." Ty pondered over how wrong a book could be. Suddenly, the beast stopped.

"Something wrong?" Tyler asked, perhaps he had been talking too much. Eventually, however, the boy was kicked off, and the beast escaped from sight. At first, Ty had thought he had left, but knew he was wrong shortly when growls were heard, followed by a greeting voice. Tyler pushed himself off the ground, and brushed his pants. The now man-wolf had only been half dressed- of course, you can't grow in your pants, they'd rip! He explained what he could to Ty.

"You haven't met many nice Espers then, have you?" Tyler thought over his statement. "Come to think of it, neither have I. My name is Tyler, but you can call me Ty." The young adult reached out his hand, as to shake the others. "What's yours?"

Silas buckled and fixed his pants to make sure they wouldn't fall off. He reached out his hand, shaking it as his nails were as sharp as claws naturally. "Silas. Silas Fester." Silas said as he looked around and smiled. "I don't get to see many Espers that aren't throwing rocks at me. So I thought I'd drag you along for the ride since you even offered me chocolate! I live in the city, but any free time I spend it in the outskirts. I feel more at home here." Silas explained as he stretched. He crossed his arms. "You were near a murder scene, did you know that?" Silas said as he turned to the kid. "I could smell the blood from where I stood. It was only a few blocks down. Inside a building, but murder scene regardless. Don't you know it isn't safe to walk around alone? There's a murderer on the loose! Well, more than one actually. But the main one is one to worry about because he or she seems to be doing it for the heck of it and not out of necessity." Silas said, almost in a scolding matter. He got closer to the kid. "It's been a while since I've had a friend too. My last friend got arrested by police. That was three years ago. I don't know what happened to him. All beasts who enter into charge of police never come back, ya know. That's the one thing Espers are lucky at." Silas said with a wink as he rested against the tree. "I wish I could keep you around as a pet, though. It's fun to live in the outskirts and avoiding police, but it gets lonely after a while."

"Uncool..." The murmur belonged to a dark haired girl who was soaked through with the pouring rain. Despite the complaint, Artemis didn't really care. Rain and night mixed together were her favorite and that was why she was nearing the edge of the city, away from all the blood and chaotic commotion. Her heavy boots that sounded against the hard ground now softened as they reached dirt and wet grass. Earlier, she closed up shop at the book store right when the sky sprinkled tears and instead of heading home to crash on her bed and watch Netflix, Artemis decided to stay outside tonight and enjoy the weather minus the commotion. 

She sighed, a very unhappy sound as her night blue eyes stared at the ground her senses a lot more focused than they were in the day. Each blade of grass was different with continuous rain drops falling on each and every one. Once the werecat was far into the forest, she stopped beside a tree. There, she made sure no one was around and that wasn't followed. After five minutes of intense listening- not easy to do with the pouring rain- Artemis began to undress. With the backpack she carried, the girl stashed her clothes in it and set it beside the tree. 

With a deep breath filled with the scent of the forest and rain, she began to transform. Her first transformation was a painful one at the age of thirteen but since then, it's become less painful and more of a comfort than anything. It was more of a stretch of sore muscles and soon, a black panther stood in her place bigger than any normal kind of cat. With a huff, she jumped up the tree and laid atop the thickest branch available and simply...watched the woodland creatures. 

The only kind of peace left...

Intimidation was one of his greatest weapons. For Randir, he always wanted to keep the aura about him during his Vigilante nights, even to someone innocent when warning them. The mask he wore gave his voice a chilly distortion effect, masking his normal voice and sending chills down the spines of criminals, but can be soothing to the innocent.

"A crucifix won't help you when a rogue Beast or Esper comes for you in the night, boy." He spoke from amidst the shadows again.

He lightly froze the ground around him, only giving it a light layer of frost which extended from his hidden location to Joel and slightly beyond, almost as a way of showing him who it was that was talking to him.

"You don't want to find her again. She will be your death, young one." He warned sternly. "Do you wish to see me?" He asked cautiously, perhaps if face-to-face contact was made, the frightened boy would be more comfortable, but he had to be careful, especially in this part of town.

Joel shivered at the sound of the voice again. On top of his very obvious fear, the younger man felt rather pathetic. He was almost twenty and he was acting like a child who was afraid of the monster under his bed. Sure, something of that nature has happened before, but that still wasn't an excuse. Joel gulped again.

"I know this old thing won't help much, but it's always good to keep just in case...", he responded to what he assumed to be a ghost. He swiveled himself around, trying to find the source of the voice. "And I'm not a boy. I-I"m a an adult...", he retracted, pouting a little. 

As his clutch on the umbrella trembled, he looked down at the ground carefully and saw... frost? Was this guy some sort of cryokinetic? Ellen was one herself, so Joel knew how they're powers worked.

"I'm guessing she was a succubus or something?" Joel said as he slowly followed the source of the frost. "And, yes. Come out. Who are you?..."

Randir saw him clutching onto his umbrella, he was definitely afraid of the unseen presence he gave off. "You may be an adult, but are you a man?" He asked, not expecting an answer.

"But I will come out. I do not wish to harm you." He spoke as he stepped from the shadows to reveal himself. It was indeed apparent he was wearing a mask, if his voice distortion and muffled tone wasn't enough, but the rest of his clothing was more casual, perhaps a showing of his confidence, consisting of trousers, boots, shirt and jacket with a strange symbol stitched into the left side breast area.

He breathed out, showing his cold, misty breath though slits in the mask, his gaze was firm, but not threatening.

"That woman was indeed a succubus. She is Lilith Victoria Naamah. A serial killer." He uttered, before retracting the frost he emanated earlier.

"Are you all right?" He asked.