Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
TheFinalPersonaKeyblade

My Top 5 Most Underrated Games

We've all been there. We have at least one game that we like, but it is way too under-known. It can be a bit weird, bringing up such a game.Well, that's what I want to talk about. These are just some games I feel that need more attention.Now, to clarify, if you have played any of these games and have differing opinions, that is perfectly fine. I just feel they don't get enough attention. Also, to  let everyone know, I have not played Okami, and Psychonauts is starting to get more fame and recognition.

5.Shark Tale-You know something is wrong when I call a movie game underrated. Sure, I'll admit that the movie sucks, but that does not translate to the game. It's actually pretty fun and surprisingly varied.Although, the game has aged a little bit, but it is still a decently good game.Nothing too spectacular, but it doesn't follow the pitfalls of other movie games.

4.Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies- Yeah, the game was a lot better than it should have been. Basically, it's a game based on a TV-Special. That, alone, is a recipe for disaster. However, this actually surprised me, as it shows that the developers really did care for the source material. There are a lot of nods to the show, and the game has some parts of a truly great game.It falls a little bit short, but for what it's worth, it is still at least worth your time.

3.Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure-Okay, now this game was just flat-out awesome. It's a skateboarding game featuring characters from Tarzan, Toy Story, and The Lion King, and it was made on the same engine as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4(on a side-note:Dat THPS5 hype).Also, you can create your own character, which is already a plus in my book. The gameplay is extremely smooth and fast-paced, and offers the type of environments fit for a game like this. I highly recommend you play this game.

2.No More Heroes series- Why is this so kickass? Seriously, these games are the best hack-and-slashes I have ever played, second only to Devil May Cry 3 and Metal Gear Rising. These games are the absolute pinnacle of what the Wii has to offer: amazing gameplay, godlike music, and top-notch humor. Although I acknowledge that the first one had some glaring problems, like the hub, the second one was damn near perfect. It completely boggles my mind as to how these games are so obscure.

Honorable Mentions: Every SpongeBob game pre-2007,the Nicktoons series,Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo,Bleach:Soul Ressureccion, Katamari series, The Simpsons Hit and Run

1.The Ape Escape series- Just...how?! The games are just... phenomenal. These are honestly some of my favorite games of all time, and are the brightest days of the Playstation timeline. However, I don't know a single person that has even heard of these masterpieces. These games are so fun, so imaginative, and so fulfilling. Of all the games in this series, Ape Escape 3 has to be my personal favorite, as it exemplifies everything awesome about this series and amplifies it to an almost unreachable level. Ape Escape is a series you have to experience at some point in your life, as nothing I say can give this series the justice it deserves.

I watched a playthrough of No More Heroes 2 and it looked and sounded awesome.

Ape Escape is wonderful. I only managed to get to the ice era in the first game. Then my CD stopped working.

The transformations in Ape Escape 3 was cool, but only played through it once. Also, Steve Blum as Yellow Monkey.

Pumped and Primed was great, too. I always used the ice weapons, and I was super pro at using the Pipotrons and Team Monkey. At least that's what I like to think.

Ape Escape for sure. I loved that game. I've played both 2 and 3, but I've never played the first. I think I may grab it in the future. I remember telling my dad, "I finally beat Specter!" xD lol
I haven't played all the others, unfortunately. I did play something similar to a Jimmy Neutron and Spongebob game, though. It was some kind of crossover with characters from different Nickelodeon shows. Never finished it, but it was a pretty fun game.

Edited by Shyera Schroepfer

We've all been there. We have at least one game that we like, but it is way too under-known. It can be a bit weird, bringing up such a game.Well, that's what I want to talk about. These are just some games I feel that need more attention.Now, to clarify, if you have played any of these games and have differing opinions, that is perfectly fine. I just feel they don't get enough attention. Also, to  let everyone know, I have not played Okami, and Psychonauts is starting to get more fame and recognition.

5.Shark Tale-You know something is wrong when I call a movie game underrated. Sure, I'll admit that the movie sucks, but that does not translate to the game. It's actually pretty fun and surprisingly varied.Although, the game has aged a little bit, but it is still a decently good game.Nothing too spectacular, but it doesn't follow the pitfalls of other movie games.

4.Jimmy Neutron: Attack of the Twonkies- Yeah, the game was a lot better than it should have been. Basically, it's a game based on a TV-Special. That, alone, is a recipe for disaster. However, this actually surprised me, as it shows that the developers really did care for the source material. There are a lot of nods to the show, and the game has some parts of a truly great game.It falls a little bit short, but for what it's worth, it is still at least worth your time.

3.Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure-Okay, now this game was just flat-out awesome. It's a skateboarding game featuring characters from Tarzan, Toy Story, and The Lion King, and it was made on the same engine as Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4(on a side-note:Dat THPS5 hype).Also, you can create your own character, which is already a plus in my book. The gameplay is extremely smooth and fast-paced, and offers the type of environments fit for a game like this. I highly recommend you play this game.

2.No More Heroes series- Why is this so kickass? Seriously, these games are the best hack-and-slashes I have ever played, second only to Devil May Cry 3 and Metal Gear Rising. These games are the absolute pinnacle of what the Wii has to offer: amazing gameplay, godlike music, and top-notch humor. Although I acknowledge that the first one had some glaring problems, like the hub, the second one was damn near perfect. It completely boggles my mind as to how these games are so obscure.

Honorable Mentions: Every SpongeBob game pre-2007,the Nicktoons series,Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo,Bleach:Soul Ressureccion, Katamari series, The Simpsons Hit and Run

1.The Ape Escape series- Just...how?! The games are just... phenomenal. These are honestly some of my favorite games of all time, and are the brightest days of the Playstation timeline. However, I don't know a single person that has even heard of these masterpieces. These games are so fun, so imaginative, and so fulfilling. Of all the games in this series, Ape Escape 3 has to be my personal favorite, as it exemplifies everything awesome about this series and amplifies it to an almost unreachable level. Ape Escape is a series you have to experience at some point in your life, as nothing I say can give this series the justice it deserves.

Extreme Skate Adventure and Ape Escape OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD they were so good! I actually really enjoyed a lot of ps1 licensed games like Toy Story 2 and Aladdin etc.

Ape Escape yaaaasssssss! The Dark Cloud series is also one the most underrated series of the PS2 era it's to this day one of the best games I've ever played.

This. Thank you.

Until this day Dark Cloud 2 is one of THEE best RPGs. Top notch quality.

I still have the Shark Tale game, but I never, ever beat it!  Back when I was a kid, I'd always get stuck in the first dancing level, and I never was able to beat that level, in which case I just went batshit insane with anger, and I never laid a finger on the game again!

As for the Jimmy Neutron one, I heard of it and saw it in Gamestop one time, but I never played it.  I also saw lots of Spongebob games, and the Nicktoons ones!

As for Ape Escape, I remember that my cousin used to own one or two of those games, and I'd watch her play them!  The colors of the game were so bright and alluring! :3

I remember seeing No More Heroes in Game Informer, but I never picked it up!

So yeah, basically, I've seen or heard of most of these games, but I've never played most of them! X3  Oh, I think I should also mention this one game that is always referred to as an underrated game, and I believe it's one called Beyond Good And Evil.  Anyone ever heard of that game?

I still have the Shark Tale game, but I never, ever beat it!  Back when I was a kid, I'd always get stuck in the first dancing level, and I never was able to beat that level, in which case I just went batshit insane with anger, and I never laid a finger on the game again!

that happened to me too, but after few years without playing it, I played it again because i was bored, I beated the dancing level  on the  first try

Xenoblade 

Ape Escape

Dark Cloud 2

AND Legend of Dragoon.

Yes, this is my favorite underrated game ever. ("But it's in Smash so it's not underrated anymore" that only led to people spamming memes in Xenoblade conversations) It deserves so much more attention than it gets. I hope X brings more people into the series.

Also, on the subject of underrated games, the Ouendan series is severely underrated. The English entry in the series (Elite Beat Agents) is freaking $5 and all over the place, but I never see anyone talk about it. People only ever talk about the PC game based off of it. ;_;