Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
143436611Xxcc

Drake Bell in KINGDOM HEARTS III?

He sounds a lot like him, actually, albeit with a much higher voice. So, either they re-cast him with someone who has the same tone of voice as Mark's but younger, or it's actually him. It's definitely not Drake Bell, though. I've been listening to Hamill's voice for a long time in a lot of media (interviews, film, etc.) and that is exactly his voice. 

If there's anything The Force Awakens trailer has taught me, it's that Mark Hamill can actually lighten up his voice quite a bit to sound younger. Not to this extent, but again, modulation. But again, I'm not sure it really is him. Whoever they got matched him perfectly though.

That's...actually archive audio. Hamill's voice is far too old and scratchy at this point to do younger voices, even with modulation. And, if they could do modulation, they could've done it a long time ago (with Osment).

And, yeah, it does sound like Drake Bell. It could be Justin Cowden (Hayner), too.

That's...actually archive audio. Hamill's voice is far too old and scratchy at this point to do younger voices, even with modulation. And, if they could do modulation, they could've done it a long time ago (with Osment).

And, yeah, it does sound like Drake Bell. It could be Justin Cowden (Hayner), too.

Untrue. Some lines were clearly re-dubbed, such as when he says 'My father had it' (the Force) instead of 'My father has it', like he said in RotJ, showing that his voice isn't all old and scratchy. There's also a difference between heightening an already-deeper voice to a less deep, but clearly still adult, voice and trying to match KHI Sora's voice from how Haley Joel Osment currently sounds. There's no modulation that can make adult Haley Joel sound like a little boy again, at least not like he did in the first game.

Edited by Kaweebo

I thought it was Haley Joel Osment, but then again, why not have another actor for this upcoming game. It seems to me that the Japanese AND the English voices are being done simultaneously, so to speak rather than Japanese first, English second.