Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Tetsuya Nomura writes a message regarding the Kingdom Hearts III & Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ news from E3 2015

Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts, has written a message for fans regarding the Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ news from E3 2015. The message from Nomura has him presenting all of the announcements to us, and interestingly mentions that not all the assets/information available were revealed – just a snippet. The message also says that there will be more news soon, so stay tuned!

You can read the full message below:

After we announced KINGDOM HEARTS III, we went through some redesigning associated with the change in the game engine. Since we were prioritizing those tasks, we were not able to reveal much new information, but this time, we premiered footage that shows the game in action on the new engine.

The video is just a snippet, but I believe you can get a glimpse of all the challenges that the development team is taking on.We leaned toward the flashiest of scenes due to the limited length of time, but I hope that viewers can sense that this new world of KINGDOM HEARTS is something that players can enjoy, not only during the powered-up battles, but even when you’re just traversing the map.

That being said, the true nature of KINGDOM HEARTS III is still to come, so please stay tuned for further information.

Also, we just made the announcement that KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi], a PC browser game that was previously only available in Japan, will be coming to North America as KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ.

It is meant to be a handy way to enjoy the world of KINGDOM HEARTS more deeply, so I hope that you try out KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, and imagine your new journey in KHIII.

KINGDOM HEARTS Series

Director

Tetsuya Nomura

Click here to view the article

The message by Tetsuya Nomura goes along the lines of the Kingdom Hearts III trailer and how not all the assets/information were revealed but a snippet was revealed.

A snippet!  Only a snippet!  Good lord, but this snippet made me so overreactingly happy that I fanboyed to no end!!!  And this is only a snippet!!!!  Gahhh, I'm so hyped for more news to come soon!!!  But for now, I'm happy with what we were shown today!!! :')

Edited by Shigehiko

Basically the game isnt going to look like this... It`s still SO early in development.. It`ll look much better.

Really? Well that makes sense, some of the things looked kinda weird (Sora's running animation, the HUD) but it still looked beautiful. I could've played it like that and I would've been more than happy. Looking forward to what Nomura has in store for us. So ready for D23 and E3 isn't over yet x)

I did notice that.  I was really concerned about the menu options since it was very KHII style and didn't have command lists.  But if you watch it, the menu never changes whether Sora is using magic or transforming his keyblade.  I think they literally rendered it without the menu and then slapped the menu post-render just to have something there.  Gives me hope that there may be command lists (or maybe something better...)

I did notice that.  I was really concerned about the menu options since it was very KHII style and didn't have command lists.  But if you watch it, the menu never changes whether Sora is using magic or transforming his keyblade.  I think they literally rendered it without the menu and then slapped the menu post-render just to have something there.  Gives me hope that there may be command lists (or maybe something better...)

I agree. It looks like a placeholder menu. It's the same that was in the footage shown back in 2013. It will likely be customized to each world like in KH2 and have various options. 

What does he mean by "the true nature"? Nomura never says anything clearly --'

I think he means KH3's Final Final Form.

Definitely KH3's Final Form Super Final Form! Edited by Sakuraba Neku