Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Overcomplexity always causes problems, besides, I don't even see MX as that much of a bad guy really. He has no obvious dislikable qualities, EG the arrogance of Joffrey from Game of Thrones, or the bloodthirsty intent of a serial-killer such as Hannibal. He just wants to strive to create true balance, something which I don't wholeheartedly disagree with. 

I do find it absolutely staggering in Nomura's mind that:

1 Pure darkness  = 13

1 Pure light = 7

OFF THE SCALE ALGEBRA!!@!@!@!

I will admit that on Xehanort's end, if it truly has to be a specific 13 darknesses and 7 lights then by setting up the events of BBS he was actually setting the events of KH3 into motion as opposed to leaving it up to fate. In that sense, if he had an idea of how the future would play out then it's understandable why he was doing what he was doing. Not out of being "hasty" but in fact being patient and setting his plans into motion. But Eraqus had no reason to turn on Ven like that when he could've just as easily stood up to Xehanort and Vanitas WITH Aqua, Terra, and Ven. Through combined efforts they may have actually stood a chance in thwarting Xehanort.

Also, this is why my favourite KH is Kingdom Hearts 1. Of course, in my opinion it should have had more elements in it to make it more badass, but it was clear to see the motive of the evil, and the mission of the good.

Well....the use of one pure of heart of Light and one of Darkness actually did work. Ventus/Vanitas managed to summon the x-blade. I think Xehanort used that in his starting gambit becuase it might work and save time. He had the long term plan of gathering the 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses and was really banking on that, but if the shorter plan worked, yay!

Well, it's Xehanort. It seems like he wanted to do this quickly with a pure light and a pure darkness, but that backfired. So Xehanort decided to go back to square one and do the 13 darkness 7 light biz.

Edit: Although the trailer only talked about the Keyblade war and the clash of light and dark. Nothing on the X-Blade.

Edited by KeybladeLordSora

They talk about the keyblade war and the clash between light and darkness, not about how to forge the X-Blade.

I don't remember them saying anything about the 13 or 7. Just Light versus Darkness in no specific amount.

They discussed the events of the Keyblade War and the prophecy surrounding it. In DDD MX even admtted  he always knew it was the one and true way to use 13 vs 7

Well....the use of one pure of heart of Light and one of Darkness actually did work. Ventus/Vanitas managed to summon the x-blade. I think Xehanort used that in his starting gambit becuase it might work and save time. He had the long term plan of gathering the 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses and was really banking on that, but if the shorter plan worked, yay!

Not really bc it was incomplete. That's supposedly why Vanitas and Ven's fusion didn't fully work.

Overcomplexity always causes problems, besides, I don't even see MX as that much of a bad guy really. He has no obvious dislikable qualities, EG the arrogance of Joffrey from Game of Thrones, or the bloodthirsty intent of a serial-killer such as Hannibal. He just wants to strive to create true balance, something which I don't wholeheartedly disagree with. 

Xehanort shows no regret in ruining people's lives in pursuit of his own goals (listen to how casually he speaks of basically destroying the BBS trio in DDD), and it's obvious he has malevolent intent behind his actions. He's evil in every sense of the word.

Edited by Ultima Spark

Xehanort shows no regret in ruining people's lives in pursuit of his own goals (listen to how casually he speaks of basically destroying the BBS trio in DDD). He's evil in every sense of the word.

He's only evil in the sense that he's sociopathic. Apart from that, he only talks about channeling darkness. I stand by the fact that MX has no truly detestable qualities and is therefore a weak villain.

It didn't work the X-blade broke because it was never really complete.

Well, it's Xehanort. It seems like he wanted to do this quickly with a pure light and a pure darkness, but that backfired. So Xehanort decided to go back to square one and do the 13 darkness 7 light biz.

Her point it's pretty stupid to invest all that effort into something that he always knew was not going to work. Edited by Chucky the Wise

They discussed the events of the Keyblade War and the prophecy surrounding it. In DDD MX even admtted  he always knew it was the one and true way to use 13 vs 7

Not really bc it was incomplete. That's supposedly why Vanitas and Ven's fusion didn't fully work.

You got me with that first comment, but the second one, here's what I gotta say:Vanitas and Ven's fusion would have been complete if Vanitas had defeated Ventus inside the Station of Awakening, right?Also, I think MX did the 1v1 mostly to speed things up. I feel like it was mostly a test run for him. He admitted in Blank Point that he thought it wouldn't work, which is why he had the back up plan of 13v7In the end, it didn't hurt him much to rush because he DID get a Vessel out of it.

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

It didn't work the X-blade broke because it was never really complete.Her point it's pretty stupid to invest all that effort into something that he always knew was not going to work.

If you saw my edited post, I said that the trailer only showed them knowing about the Keyblade War and an inevitable clash between light and dark, but not the X-Blade and the amount of people.

Well, it's Xehanort. It seems like he wanted to do this quickly with a pure light and a pure darkness, but that backfired. So Xehanort decided to go back to square one and do the 13 darkness 7 light biz.Edit: Although the trailer only talked about the Keyblade war and the clash of light and dark. Nothing on the X-Blade.

My thoughs exactly. While I admit Flaming Lea is someway right, they don't say anything about the 7 lights and 13 darknesses, or about the X Blade at that.

Even Yen Sid knew about the 7 vs 13... it was clearly implied in the trailer as well( showing how far back they knew ) and outright stated by MX in DDD.They all knew.

Simple answer. Xehanort was dying, he was trying to find a quick and easy way to do it

Like Master Xehanort said in DDD. He was very eager to make the X-Blade. So he just lost his patience, so he did it the quick way, but not the correct way as the X-Blade in BBS is not complete or does not have the capacity as the one if it were done the correct way (13 vs 7).

If you saw my edited post, I said that the trailer only showed them knowing about the Keyblade War and an inevitable clash between light and dark, but not the X-Blade and the amount of people.

They did know though the whole point of that tale was that the X-blade was shattered into 20 pieces and Kingdom Hearts was swallowed by the darkness.