Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Even Yen Sid knew about the 7 vs 13... it was clearly implied in the trailer as well( showing how far back they knew ) and outright stated by MX in DDD.They all knew.

Of course Master Xehanort knew. But not when he was young until a certain point. As for Yen Sid, well isn't it obvious? It's Yen Sid.

You got me with that first comment, but the second one, here's what I gotta say:Vanitas and Ven's fusion would have been complete if Vanitas had defeated Ventus inside the Station of Awakening, right?Also, I think MX did the 1v1 mostly to speed things up. I feel like it was mostly a test run for him. He admitted in Blank Point that he thought it wouldn't work, which is why he had the back up plan of 13v7In the end, it didn't hurt him much to rush because he DID get a Vessel out of it.

You are just proving my point .The point is Nomura's lousy continuity is caused by the careless retcons he creates by writing as he goes. BBS was originally intended to be the real way but DDD retconed that. Nomura needs to pay more attention.

They did know though the whole point of that tale was that the X-blade was shattered into 20 pieces and Kingdom Hearts was swallowed by the darkness.

Well since they knew that, it could be at a point in time that he heard of it. As for the Ven and Vanitas thing, it's like what Eraqus[the one on the forum] said. Xehanort lost patience.

You are just proving my point .The point is Nomura's lousy continuity is caused by the careless retcons he creates by writing as he goes. BBS was originally intended to be the real way but DDD retconed that. Nomura needs to pay more attention.

But MX said in Birth by Sleep that he had planned to do it the proper way since his plan had failed, but it would just take him longer.

But the one light and one darkness plan did almost work, it just got screwed up.

And Xehanort himself said that it was 'an overly hasty plan' in DDD, which says to me that he got lazy and impatient trying to do that first since it'd take less time, but it was way more risky than the 7 lights and 13 darknesses plan, which after over a decade of planning, is pretty much assured to have to happen since the good guys are going to have to fight him in order to save the universe.

Edited by Kaweebo

Probably he found out later about the 7 lights, 13 darkness when he worked as Terranort for Ansem the Wise.

Or maybe Xehanort never intended to forge the X-Blade with Ven and Vanitas, but he knew about the events in the future (Tome of Prophecy) and followed his path the way it was given to him.

Simple answer. Xehanort was dying, he was trying to find a quick and easy way to do it

That's why he took over Terra's body.

Like Master Xehanort said in DDD. He was very eager to make the X-Blade. So he just lost his patience, so he did it the quick way, but not the correct way as the X-Blade in BBS is not complete or does not have the capacity as the one if it were done the correct way (13 vs 7).

Eager to fail since he knew there was only the one TRUE WAY from the get-go? That makes non sense. Eraqus should've also been like 'Well that's not gonna work" but nooooo he wanted to murder Ven.

But the one light and one darkness plan did almost work, it just got screwed up. And Xehanort himself said that it was 'an overly hasty plan' in DDD, which says to me that he got lazy and impatient trying to do that first since it'd take less time, but it was way more risky than the 7 lights and 13 darknesses plan, which after over a decade of planning, is pretty much assured to have to happen since the good guys are going to have to fight him in order to save the universe.

Thats why I love Xehanort. He wants to do it the right way, then he gets impatient and improvises with Jesse McCartney and an evil Haley Joel Osment.

That's why he took over Terra's body.

Eager to fail since he knew there was only the one TRUE WAY from the get-go? That makes non sense. Eraqus should've also been like 'Well that's not gonna work" but nooooo he wanted to murder Ven.

right, but taking over Terra wasn't guaranteed. He only succeeded in doing it at the end of BBS. He set the plans with Ventus in motion long before that. It's pretty typical of Xehanort, he was covering all of his bases ("There is more than path I could take" or however that quote goes)

They discussed the events of the Keyblade War and the prophecy surrounding it. In DDD MX even admtted  he always knew it was the one and true way to use 13 vs 7   Not really bc it was incomplete. That's supposedly why Vanitas and Ven's fusion didn't fully work.

It didn't work the X-blade broke because it was never really complete.Her point it's pretty stupid to invest all that effort into something that he always knew was not going to work.

See, I took the x-blade breaking because of the conflict between Ven and Vanitas. Because of his connection to his friends, Ven was able to resist the fusion. Likewise, Aqua gained a boost of power from her friends when taking on the outward physical manifestation of the X-blade.

But MX said in Birth by Sleep that he had planned to do it the proper way since his plan had failed, but it would just take him longer.

You mean DDD? Because he stated in BBS that 1 pure light and 1 pure darkness was the only way in his reports. Ad it's still moot. He knew it wouldn't work.

But the one light and one darkness plan did almost work, it just got screwed up.

And Xehanort himself said that it was 'an overly hasty plan' in DDD, which says to me that he got lazy and impatient trying to do that first since it'd take less time, but it was way more risky than the 7 lights and 13 darknesses plan, which after over a decade of planning, is pretty much assured to have to happen since the good guys are going to have to fight him in order to save the universe.

It was intended to be the real way but DDD retconed that..and it was poorly done at that by using the lame excuse of him being 'hasty" The point of this thread is the writing continuity needs badly improved.

You mean DDD? Because he stated in BBS that 1 pure light and 1 pure darkness was the only way in his reports. Ad it's still moot. He knew it wouldn't work.

It was intended to be the real way but DDD retconed that..and it was poorly done at that by using the lame excuse of him being 'hasty" The point of this thread is the writing continuity needs badly improved.

you can't exactly argue that the lights and darknesses thing wasn't planned though, they've been setting it up with Saix and Xigbar since KH2

While it is the correct way, like I said, he lost patience and just did the incorrect way. And who said Eraqus even knew how to do it the correct way? Eraqus didn't wish to fail stopping Xehanort again. So he immediately tried to kill Ventus to prevent the creation of the X-Blade. While he didn't wish to kill him, he desired to stop Xehanort's plan.

Edited by Master Eraqus

Well since they knew that, it could be at a point in time that he heard of it. As for the Ven and Vanitas thing, it's like what Eraqus[the one on the forum] said. Xehanort lost patience.

He lost patience and proceeded to waste time using the wrong method. That's seems like a pretty lame cover for the massive retcon.

Who says that Xehanort and Eraqus knew about the whole 7 lights and 13 darkness thing?

It may already happened before their discussion.

Like YX his father tried to archieve something he couldn't managed.

While it is the correct way, like I said, he lost patience and just did the incorrect way. And who said Eraqus even knew how to do it the correct way? Eraqus didn't wish to fail stopping Xehanort again. So he immediately tried to kill Ventus to prevent the creation of the X-Blade. While he didn't wish to kill him, he desired to stop Xehanort's plan.

And something just came into my head. Xehanort wanted Ven to embrace his darkness, which could've made Ventus into a vessel for him, adding to the 13. Unfortunately, Ven was a wimp. So then Xehanort's impatience and disappointment got to him and he did it the other way.

He lost patience and proceeded to waste time using the wrong method. That's seems like a pretty lame cover for the massive retcon.

no that's human error

that's one of the few good things about KH's writing

people can actually be wrong

He's only evil in the sense that he's sociopathic.

Which only reinforces my point. He's evil because he has malicious intent and shows no regrets about it, not because he uses darkness (else Riku's character arc would be pointless).

No, I don't mean DDD xDIn the secret ending of Birth by Sleep (may have been Final Mix only) Xehanort was talking to Terra. He mentions how he had another plan, and that, so far, it was running smoothly. I personally think the 13 v 7 has been planned at LEAST since Birth by Sleep. Remember how many vessels he had at that point? Master Xehanort, Xehanort (SoD), and Terra. Already three Vessels (even if they weren't in use at the time.) Also remember the YX battle in Final Mix. I'd have to say this has been planned for a while.

right, but taking over Terra wasn't guaranteed. He only succeeded in doing it at the end of BBS. He set the plans with Ventus in motion long before that. It's pretty typical of Xehanort, he was covering all of his bases ("There is more than path I could take" or however that quote goes)

He claimed to have known all the events up until DDD as he stated in DDD. Him trying to take over Ven but then changing to Terra  just proves that everything said in DDD made BBS a giant retcon bc he should've already known that would fail according to his own words.

Xehanort said it himself in DDD that in his eagerness, he had lost the correct way to achieve his goal. 

That was Nomura's lousy excuse for this retcon which is my whole point

See, I took the x-blade breaking because of the conflict between Ven and Vanitas. Because of his connection to his friends, Ven was able to resist the fusion. Likewise, Aqua gained a boost of power from her friends when taking on the outward physical manifestation of the X-blade.

You are missing my point . I said Nomura intended to have BBS be the true way but DDD retconed this thus changing the reason why it was incomplete. This just proves my point.

Which only reinforces my point. He's evil because he has malicious intent and shows no regrets about it, not because he uses darkness (else Riku's character arc would be pointless).

But that was Ansem, who was not Master Xehanort. I thought half of the point was that it trying to show that Nobodies and Heartlesses can be different from the original self. I know sociopaths in real life, sometimes they do bad things and show little remorse, but in no way would I consider them evil people. He only needed Ventus for his plan, and only destroyed Terra and Aqua because they were obstructing him.