Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

What's funny is everyone not getting that the prophecy entailed the fact that the X-blade was split into 20 pieces so if Eraqus and Xehanort were talking about the prophecy and keyblade war in that scene it also inferred they would know about the 13 and 7. Not to mention the symbolism behind the chess pieces. Then in other games like DDD it's revealed as well they knew all along it was 13 and 7. It's like people can't handle criticism lol

Lmao, I guess everyone prefers their own version of events. xD But, you have a point...they've known all about it since they were children, so really, most of their actions in BBS don't make sense at all.....My only explanation is maybe Xehanort  thought he could somehow "speed up" the prophecy's  events, or find a  "loophole"  by using Ven. And maybe Eraqus was just scared  it might actually work? Still doesn't make much sense, but that's the only reason I can think of. lol

At least Xemnas and Ansem SoD (2 of the 13) were created in the confusion, so MX was correct in that regard, I suppose.

Lmao, I guess everyone prefers their own version of events. xD But, you have a point...they've known all about it since they were children, so really, most of their actions in BBS don't make sense at all.....My only explanation is maybe Xehanort  thought he could somehow "speed up" the prophecy's  events, or find a  "loophole"  by using Ven. And maybe Eraqus was just scared  it might actually work? Still doesn't make much sense, but that's the only reason I can think of. lol

At least Xemnas and Ansem SoD (2 of the 13) were created in the confusion, so MX was correct in that regard, I suppose.

What really firetrucks them over is the part in the reports where MX himself states it's literally the one and only way :P  Ha! Also quota :(

Edited by Flaming Lea

What really firetrucks them over is the part in the reports where MX himself states it's literally the one and only way :P  Ha! Also quota :(

Damn, he did say that, didn't he? :/ *Sigh*  Classic Nomura Logic at work......

Let's just hope that things don't get too confusing when Unchained Keys comes around. It's literally the piece of the story no one was expecting, yet is suppose to be extremely important for KH3....maybe it'll have the answers!

Probably he found out later about the 7 lights, 13 darkness when he worked as Terranort for Ansem the Wise.

Or maybe Xehanort never intended to forge the X-Blade with Ven and Vanitas, but he knew about the events in the future (Tome of Prophecy) and followed his path the way it was given to him.

1He already knew about them....see his statements in DDD

2If so then what's the point of conducting an experiment he fully knew it would fail to begin with?He could've just possess Terra and reside with Ansem the wise which is what he ended up doing anyway.The entire existence of Vanitas was made completely and utterly pointless by the 7 vs 13 thing

Social Scientist sometimes do a pilot study before conducting their true study to see any flaws in their experiment.

In Xehanort's instance, Ventus was a pilot study for two purposes. A pilot study for a vessel of darkness and a study as a pure light to clash for a keyblade. Unbeknownst to Xehanort, he didn't come to realise that doing the pilot study on Ven would be more detrimental than uselfult, thus, going straight to his primary plan. 

Edited by Guest

Social Scientist sometimes do a pilot study before conducting their true study to see any flaws in their experiment.

In Xehanort's instance, Ventus was a pilot study for two purposes. A pilot study for a vessel of darkness and a study as a pure light to clash for a keyblade. Unbeknownst to Xehanort, he didn't come to realise that doing the pilot study on Ven would be more detrimental than uselfult, thus, going straight to his primary plan. 

Nope sorry. He said 1 vs 1 was the only way in the reports as well in BBS.  Then he said later in DDD he ALWAYS knew it was 13 vs 7

Xehanort's Report VII

I have uncovered the Keyblade's ultimate mystery. You see, besides the three families of Keyblades, there is another "Key Blade." While it may sound the same when spoken, it is notated uniquely: "χ-blade." And make no mistake, while it resembles a normal Keyblade, it is something altogether different.

Keyblades are said to be man-made counterparts to Kingdom Hearts. The χ-blade, however, coexists with Kingdom Hearts.

It is only forged when two hearts of equal power intersect--one heart of pure darkness, one heart of pure light. At the time of its forging, Kingdom Hearts appears. It must be noted, though, that this Kingdom Hearts is special. Unlike the Kingdoms brought about forcibly and artificially through the collection of hearts, THIS Kingdom Hearts is a perfect and complete union of ALL the worlds' hearts. Surely it was over this that the ancient Keyblade War was fought.

If so, the walls that divide the worlds today are of little consequence. With the χ-blade, all their hearts could be instantly reunited--and the Keyblade War, refought.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Nope sorry. He said 1 vs 1 was the only way in the reports as well in BBS.  Then he said later in DDD he ALWAYS knew it was 13 vs 7

Xehanort's Report VII

I have uncovered the Keyblade's ultimate mystery. You see, besides the three families of Keyblades, there is another "Key Blade." While it may sound the same when spoken, it is notated uniquely: "χ-blade." And make no mistake, while it resembles a normal Keyblade, it is something altogether different.

Keyblades are said to be man-made counterparts to Kingdom Hearts. The χ-blade, however, coexists with Kingdom Hearts.

It is only forged when two hearts of equal power intersect--one heart of pure darkness, one heart of pure light. At the time of its forging, Kingdom Hearts appears. It must be noted, though, that this Kingdom Hearts is special. Unlike the Kingdoms brought about forcibly and artificially through the collection of hearts, THIS Kingdom Hearts is a perfect and complete union of ALL the worlds' hearts. Surely it was over this that the ancient Keyblade War was fought.

If so, the walls that divide the worlds today are of little consequence. With the χ-blade, all their hearts could be instantly reunited--and the Keyblade War, refought.

Wow, Nomura really has to come up with something really obscure to fix this one, otherwise, it'd be the whole Dolan shouting "Yen Sid is in that tower!" situation again :lol:  

One can only come up with so many bullshit excuses before they realize some stuff are so bullshit it's almost undefendable 

And the thing that bugs me even more is that.....the KH manga from what I've seen handles stuff much better than some of the games.

Edited by Flaming Lea

And the thing that bugs me even more is that.....the KH manga from what I've seen handles stuff much better than some of the games.

They have the benefit of hindsight so they can piece together events a lot more smoothly than Nomura ever did when he was actually coming up with the story. Doesn't hurt that the manga doesn't have to worry about silly stuff like character or level design, music, and other creative stuff like that.

Eh, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. With the KH series evolving to become as large and complicated as it is now some inconsistencies like this were bound to happen sooner or later. But it's not like it really ruins the plot for me or anything. It all depends on how much suspension of disbelief you are willing to give to something. I agree that it could have been thought out a bit better, but I don't find it to be that much of a problem and am willing to believe it in the context that Master Xehanort really did just get hasty in his plans, as at the time he wasn't long for that world. If you're going to die before your goal can even be enacted properly, you tend to forgo a lot of details if you try to desperately cobble together a plan B. And when it came to discovering that Ven had survived the ordeal and that Terra would be a suitable vessel, he came to the conclusion that continuing to use Ven as the blade would fit well into the plan to corrupt Terra enough so he could possess his body. Even then he realized that the plan might only go so far, so even then he still took steps to make sure that the plan A would still be available to him years later. As for Eraqus, I will also admit that his conclusion that Ven had to be destroyed in order for Xehanort's plan to fail was a very hasty one, but wasn't that the point in the first place, that he wasn't thinking that rationally, blinded by his own fears of the Darkness consuming everything? It's not like we knew that much about Eraqus beforehand to know that he wouldn't do that to Ven, and even then he immediately regretted it after Terra wore him down. Fear can cause a lot of people to do foolish things, in Xehanort's case the fear of death causing him to drastically rethink his plans and go for a lesser goal, and in Eraqus' case the fear of ultimate oblivion causing him to try and destroy the instrument of Xehanort's plan, his own pupil. I know it might not seem like that compelling of an argument, saying that "They did it because the were freaking out", but I find that it works enough for me to look past any errors in a character's writing, with that being the only problem with these two characters. They still should have fixed that, but at least for me I can look past that with little problem. That's just me though, you guys can regard this however you like.

I think we might have had it confused, when Ven and Vanitas clashed, the X-Blade was SPLIT into 20 pieces. 7 pieces of light and 13 pieces of darkness. Perhaps in the original Keyblade war the x blade was split into 2 pieces, one of pure light and one of pure darkness.

I think we might have had it confused, when Ven and Vanitas clashed, the X-Blade was SPLIT into 20 pieces. 7 pieces of light and 13 pieces of darkness. Perhaps in the original Keyblade war the x blade was split into 2 pieces, one of pure light and one of pure darkness.

Uh nope! It was the original keyblade war that split it into 20 pieces thus if they knew the prophecy they knew it was 20 pieces 13 vs 7. Hence the chess pieces too symbolizing this! The Princess's of Hearts' hearts are MADE OF THE 7 LIGHT PIECES!

The story for this series was not thought out very well. For KH3 they should bring in a writer who actually knows how to write to help Nomura.

Kingdom Hearts is a great concept that was executed poorly halfway through

And what's funny is that this series almost has the same issues of story telling as Naruto where the series reached a point where they started leaving plot holes open on purpose and start making shit up on the fly disregarding the issues it's doing to the overall narrative

I just read this entire thread and I'm like  :/ . Even if it's still bad writing, Nomura is still making money off his bad writing. Yeah...... The plot has a lot of holes like Xehanort knew that there were 7 princess of heart, which leads me to believe that  he knew there were 13 darkness. I think Xehanort was just trying to test something like a project or whatever. Xehanort was a curious guy overall. 

I just read this entire thread and I'm like  :/ . Even if it's still bad writing, Nomura is still making money off his bad writing. Yeah...... The plot has a lot of holes like Xehanort knew that there were 7 princess of heart, which leads me to believe that  he knew there were 13 darkness. I think Xehanort was just trying to test something like a project or whatever. Xehanort was a curious guy overall. 

He wasn't though. He really thought that was the one and only way :

Xehanort's Report VII

He wasn't though. He really thought that was the one and only way :

Xehanort's Report VII

Well then, Nomura dun goofed xD. Welp every series can't be perfect :P