Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Veemon

Why Xehanort & Eraqus look differing ages...

As many of you have noticed, young Xehanort and Young Eraqus look the same age in KH III's trailer, yet in Birth by Sleep, Xehanort looks much older than Eraqus, so what is the meaning of this you ask?

Let's start off with Xehanort himself. He is fully immersed into the darkness. Now, think of it this way, he looks the same age as Eraqus in the trailer, but after many years, they became much older, and Xehanort was much older and determined to find a new host body to take over using the power of darkness. Xehanort is much older BECAUSE of the darkness. The darkness makes you age faster, but it only builds up over a long period of time, so that is why Xehanort is older than Eraqus in BbS.

Now since it takes a long time to make a difference in someone's age with darkness, this is why Riku doesn't look older than he should be in KH2. He has only had darkness in him for a few years. So it's natural that he looks the proper age for the time in KH2.

If none of this makes sense to you, ask me any questions you have with this. This is only a theory, so I'm not sure if this is the real reason.

I don't really think Xehanort looked that much older than Eraqus in BBS. I always assumed they were approximately the same age, maybe Xehanort a bit older (and the KH3 trailer supports that- Xehanort's deeper voice, Eraqus's child-like face, etc.)

I thought Eraqus looked younger in the trailer too. Besides, I think Xehanort is just a case of aging badly, and Eraqus is an example of aging good. Imagine how much older Eraqus would look if his hair was grey?

Why are people making a big deal about Xehanort's grey hair? Grey hair doesn't signify any special meaning. Chances are, in terms of age, Eraqus and Xehanorts age difference is just like Sora and Riku.

I thought Eraqus looked younger in the trailer too. Besides, I think Xehanort is just a case of aging badly, and Eraqus is an example of aging good. Imagine how much older Eraqus would look if his hair was grey?

I'm guessing he'd look more or less like your avi xD

Why are people making a big deal about Xehanort's grey hair? Grey hair doesn't signify any special meaning. Chances are, in terms of age, Eraqus and Xehanorts age difference is just like Sora and Riku.

That does seem likely. I'm kinda thinking that they're gonna make Young Eraqus and Young Xehanort's relationship analogous to Sora and Riku's (doesn't hurt that Eraqus is smiling like a dope in the new trailer, just like Sora does).

Does everything have to be the result of Darkness? Can't it just be that Xehanort has bad genes? I mean, some people age better than others, for example, at 27 I still look 18.

I think Xehanort looks like he's in his early teens and Eraqus looks about 12. He has babyface! His cheeks look so squishy! ^w^

Wait, it can't be early teens. This is during their training, after he left the islands. From Blank Points it looks like he was about 20 before he left and in 3D he looks 17. Maybe their age difference is like Axel and Roxas or Terra and Ven. It is odd that he looks younger in 3D than in that scene, which must have happened several years after his Excellent Adventure. Oh shi- what if Terra wasn't his first host body? Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Does everything have to be the result of Darkness? Can't it just be that Xehanort has bad genes? I mean, some people age better than others, for example, at 27 I still look 18. Wait, it can't be early teens. This is during their training, after he left the island, From Blank points it looks like he was about 20 before he left and in 3D he looks 17. Maybe their age difference is like Axel and Roxas or Terra and Ven. It is odd that he looks younger in 3D than in that scene, which must have happened several years after his Excellent Adventure. Oh shi- what if Terra wasn't his first host body?

Oh, yeah, you're right, he can't be quite that young. I do know that according to Nomura, DDD Xehanort was definitely a teenager. Considering the series' fondness for 14/15/16-year-old teenagers going on epic quests, I wouldn't be surprised if he was 15 or 16 for DDD. Though we don't really know how long after his DDD adventure he finally made it off Destiny Islands to The Land of Departure or wherever that convo is taking place.

Also, something else I though of as I was typing this, for a 14-year-old, KH1 Sora had pretty intense babyface. Ditto for Roxas and Ven, who were 14 or 15 in their respective games. Young Eraqus might be 14 or 15 and simply have the same teenage babyface.

As for the age gap, I think the Terra and Ven age gap is smaller than Axel and Roxas. If we assign Roxas the age of 14 or 15 (same as Sora), Axel is ten years older at least. Lea looks Ven's age, if not older, in BBS, and Ven was 14 or 15 and Sora was 4. I'm pretty sure Terra and Ven are closer in age than that, I've always pegged Terra and Aqua being around their late teens or very early twenties. Still, you're right, a Terra and Ven age gap equivalent would make perfect sense. So maybe we're looking at young Eraqus in his early to mid teens and Young Xehanort in his late teens to early twenties? That would fit the patterns we've seen before.

Oh, yeah, you're right, he can't be quite that young. I do know that according to Nomura, DDD Xehanort was definitely a teenager. Considering the series' fondness for 14/15/16-year-old teenagers going on epic quests, I wouldn't be surprised if he was 15 or 16 for DDD. Though we don't really know how long after his DDD adventure he finally made it off Destiny Islands to The Land of Departure or wherever that convo is taking place. Also, something else I though of as I was typing this, for a 14-year-old, KH1 Sora had pretty intense babyface. Ditto for Roxas and Ven, who were 14 or 15 in their respective games. Young Eraqus might be 14 or 15 and simply have the same teenage babyface. As for the age gap, I think the Terra and Ven age gap is smaller than Axel and Roxas. If we assign Roxas the age of 14 or 15 (same as Sora), Axel is ten years older at least. Lea looks Ven's age, if not older, in BBS, and Ven was 14 or 15 and Sora was 4. I'm pretty sure Terra and Ven are closer in age than that, I've always pegged Terra and Aqua being around their late teens or very early twenties. Still, you're right, a Terra and Ven age gap equivalent would make perfect sense. So maybe we're looking at young Eraqus in his early to mid teens and Young Xehanort in his late teens to early twenties? That would fit the patterns we've seen before.

I'm going purly off looks. To me, he always looked older in blank points than 3D by a few years, in 3D he always looked slightly older than KH2 Riku.I think general consensus is Terra is 19, Aqua is 15 and Ven is 15. If Ven and Lea are the same age in BBS that would make Axel 25-26 in Days and Roxas, being Sora's nobody would physically be 14-15 during the course of the game. Yes, a Terra-Ven age gap is more likely. But of course it all depends on how long he was traveling the worlds before finding a Master if he left the islands at 20 and traveled for 5 years he'd be25, but if it was only a few moths he'd still be 20.Here's an interesting thought, What if Xehanort is 20 and Eraqus is 18, even though he looks much younger?

I say that they're both twenty. But when I first laid my eyes on the two back in 2010, I would have assumed that Eraqus was old enough to be the son of Xehanort, while Terra would be (in my own literal sense), Eraqus' son and Xehanort's grandson. (Pretty odd theory don't you think? But I think it would make more sense for Xehanort to go after Terra as his new vessel)

Edited by Iscreamer1