Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Soravids

Nomura talks Kingdom Hearts III with Engadget‎

I like the implication that they're trying to incorporate more modern Disney into the game (working with "a lot of creators still alive" and all). Also its great that they're consulting with the people who worked on the actual movies, hopefully that'll mean worlds that are more similar to the movies they're taken from.

I like the implication that they're trying to incorporate more modern Disney into the game (working with "a lot of creators still alive" and all). Also its great that they're consulting with the people who worked on the actual movies, hopefully that'll mean worlds that are more similar to the movies they're taken from.

Hey, no one can do it better than the people who worked on the movie.

Hey, no one can do it better than the people who worked on the movie.

Even so, if adaptations of the movies' plots are going to be a thing in Kingdom Hearts III, they could be a little more faithful to their original counterparts. Kingdom Hearts II was kind of a hit-and-miss in that regard.

Not only the particle effects within the battles, but also the sheer scale of it. While the world may not be comparable to massively open-world titles, it's far bigger than previous Kingdom Hearts titles. There's a huge decrease in load times too. In previous games, you'd run to the end of an area and it would go dark before transitioning to the next stage -- now it's become seamless, as you can see in the trailer when Sora jumps off the mountain you've just battled up. 

This is everything I've ever wanted. (Well, not everything, but that's pretty damn awesome.)

Edited by Flaming Lea
double post

More worlds than KH2? MY WISH HAS COME TRUE!

This is not surprising. The quality standards on the PS4 are far above the PS2 gen. Everything else would be dissapointing.

Even so, if adaptations of the movies' plots are going to be a thing in Kingdom Hearts III, they could be a little more faithful to their original counterparts. Kingdom Hearts II was kind of a hit-and-miss in that regard.

Once again, no one can do it better than the guys who made the movie.

Once again, no one can do it better than the guys who made the movie.

I'm not arguing with your point, I'm acknowledging it. And I agree that nothing can compare to the original. I'm just adding my own thoughts to that statement.

I honestly would love for TN to add 4 player co-op, splitscreen and online for main story. Would be awesome... but very very unlikely unfortunately :P This would work well if they added a a character switching mechanic during gameplay which is one thing that is very likely to happen for this game.

Edited by Moochieh32

I honestly would love for TN to add 4 player co-op, splitscreen and online for main story. Would be awesome... but very very unlikely unfortunately :P This would work well if they added a a character switching mechanic during gameplay which is one thing that is very likely to happen for this game.

No it's not. Donald and Goofy have never been playable, and the the only playable Disney character in any KH game is Mickey. Playable Kairi is possible.

This is not surprising. The quality standards on the PS4 are far above the PS2 gen. Everything else would be dissapointing.

I know it's not surprising, but I was worried because DDD only had 7 worlds. 

No it's not. Donald and Goofy have never been playable, and the the only playable Disney character in any KH game is Mickey. Playable Kairi is possible.

Donald and Goofy were playable in 358/2 Days multiplayer.

"There's a huge decrease in load times too. In previous games, you'd run to the end of an area and it would go dark before transitioning to the next stage -- now it's become seamless, as you can see in the trailer when Sora jumps off the mountain you've just battled up. The environments themselves, in KH3, things will be affected by real-time actions, a tornado spell will swirl the blades of grass surrounding it."

Oh my God!! SO THAT MEANS EVERY WORLD WOULD BE LIKE AN OPEN WORLD?! COOOOOOOOOOOOL! 

Of course, I know is not an open world but it feels the same! Amazing!

I know it's not surprising, but I was worried because DDD only had 7 worlds.  Donald and Goofy were playable in 358/2 Days multiplayer.

Ah multiplayer is multiplayer. I would hate if donald and Goofy were playable. They're so.... cringe worthy. -_-

Ah multiplayer is multiplayer. I would hate if donald and Goofy were playable. They're so.... cringe worthy. -_-

In my opinion, I would love multiple playable characters in KH3, Donald and Goofy included.

Sounds like that Nomura is making KH3 an open world game, like Arkam City.

I don't really understand how open world can work in KH, since there are multiple worlds and they all sepparated by to see impenetrable walls of light that can only be bypassed by Gummi Ships. Or Corridors of Darkness. Or Keyblades. Or magic. Maybe Semi-Open world where the world's themselves are open but still need to be accessed through a map. I will miss the area transition logos though. Maybe we'll get 20 worlds like I hoped? Maybe Mirage Arena will return and be the way it should have been in BbS? (Online multiplayer and Laguna)

Now, this is a interview!They should have ask him about KH3D HD though.

He would have just skirted around it saying "I can't say anything about that at this time but I do think it's a shame that 3D is the only Kingdom Hearts game not in HD" But hasn't Kingdom Hearts been confirmed for TGS? Since they already showed Ux and KH3 at E3, maybe they'll announce 3DHD there.

I know it's not surprising, but I was worried because DDD only had 7 worlds. Donald and Goofy were playable in 358/2 Days multiplayer.

Yeah but that was also on a hand held system with less space available than a console. They probably couldn't do 13 so they went with the other important number. Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Yeah but that was also on a hand held system with less space available than a console. They probably couldn't do 13 so they went with the other important number.

Woah I didn't even think about that. Seven worlds, seven lights. That's awesome! Edited by JustinisMii