Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jake

Destructoid interviews Tetsuya Nomura, reveals that Drive Forms are being considered for Kingdom Hearts III

Destructoid was given the opportunity to interview Tetsuya Nomura and asked him a few questions concerning Kingdom Hearts III. The interview with Nomura revealed that the concept of Drive Forms are being considered to return in Kingdom Hearts III. Along with the concept of Drive Forms, Nomura was also asked about the possibility of certain Disney worlds making an appearance in Kingdom Hearts III. You can view the full interview below, with the questions asked and the response Nomura gave to them.

Mr. Nomura, I see that Sora is dressed in new duds. With your history of costume design, are we going to see changing outfits to go with form changes like in Kingdom Hearts II?

Nomura: Yes. Form changes are being considered to bring back. I have enjoyed making different designs for different abilities in the past.

What is the process like when deciding which Disney levels are going to be in the game? Does Disney often intervene to make sure you're utilizing certain properties?

Nomura: Disney sometimes does make suggestions, but the development staff has more sway over worlds and gameplay mechanics.

When KH began, Disney was a large pool to pool from, but now with the additions of the Star Wars and Marvel properties, it is goddamn huge. Has this made it difficult to parse between which franchises you would like to insert into the ever-expanding universe?

Nomura: The fact that we have to pick, and the difficulty associated with that, is something we have faced with each installment since the beginning. We pick more IPs than necessary and consult the schedule and feasibility of actually getting our designs to work. It’s been a repeating process.

Do you believe Drive Forms should return in Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

It'd certainly add to the already-growing list of gameplay options. Given that there's going to be Attraction Flow, Flowmotion, Keyblade transformations, and dynamic uses of magic? Kingdom Hearts III is looking very promising right now.

Short answer: I'm game either way. Drive Forms would be welcome, but if they were cut, then I wouldn't be that upset about it. (It would be nice to see more variations of Sora's new outfit, though.)

That would be amazing! But if we are going to get the same forms or different forms, I think they might make his costumes with better designs and not only change the color of his clothes and add some symbols, but with a new costume depending of the form

I want everything to come back. Drive Forms, Summons, Shotlocks, Command Styles, D-Links (Especially if D-Linking with Ven let's Sora Dual Wield), Reality Shift. It already looks like Co-op Limits are back.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lord nomura bring drives back we beg of you >.<

While I desperately want drive forms to return in KH3, I'm not expecting the ones with dual-wielding to return since Sora has to give Ventus' heart back to his body. We might see Wisdom, Limit and heck, maybe even Anti-Form, but I'm not expecting the others to make it. We might have new ones as well.

Probably, if drive forms work the same way as they used to, they will get changed as now Sora's got a new outfit.

Something I've been thinking about is to include the old drive forms as combo finnishers or something similar (for example, having Valor form for ground combo finnishers, Wisdom form for magical combo finnishers, Master form for air combo finnishers and having Final and Limit form combined with the new gameplay commands, like that new flowmotion).

Why would you want dlc? You pay for a game and I would expect everything to be on the disc. Not shedding out money whenever the devs go ' look we made a pretty new thing BUY PLEASE'

I wouldn't mind you see. It's a game franchise I dearly love. There are so many things that the developers wish could be in a game. But can only fit so much in at first. There are so many things the fanbase want to have in a game. But majority of it will never happen at first.If there is someway for square enix to really get in touch with fans and get some ideas. There is potential for added content which I would more than welcome. I wanted to see what all disney related worlds and characters they could bring to the game.But like I said. It's not gonna happen I reckon. It's too slim a chance.

I wouldn't mind you see. It's a game franchise I dearly love. There are so many things that the developers wish could be in a game. But can only fit so much in at first. There are so many things the fanbase want to have in a game. But majority of it will never happen at first.If there is someway for square enix to really get in touch with fans and get some ideas. There is potential for added content which I would more than welcome. I wanted to see what all disney related worlds and characters they could bring to the game.But like I said. It's not gonna happen I reckon. It's too slim a chance.

When you put it that way, I do see your point. But personally I would still prefer no dlc

Just the fact that Nomura is considering Drive Forms to return makes me all the more happy!  If they returned, I'd be so freakishly happy!!!! :D  But, if they didn't return, then I wouldn't mind, since KHIII already has amazing combat options as it is! 

Gahh, but I'm not gonna deny, Drive Forms on a PS4 should look freaking beast!!!! X_X