Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Gamer88

Theory: What if Square is planning on releasing a Kingdom Hearts 3 Collectors Edition at launch?

As some of us may be aware of the recent 2.9 "leak" which actually ended up being a hoax, it was rather disappointing to me. Of course it was all speculation as to what would be in it, but I'm pretty sure we all thought it was going to be a collection of previous titles. Then I started thinking about it. I'm pretty sure Square is a lot further into development then we might think. Could it be possible they are working on/planning to work on a port of 1.5 and 2.5 for a KH3 Collector's Edition? It would sure make a lot more sense than releasing a standalone port, whereas some fans may have already bought the PS3 versions. For me, I don't own a PS3 to play 1.5 and 2.5. I'm sure I'm not the only Kingdom Hearts fan looking forward to KH3 that doesn't. A collector's edition might actually be a good idea on their part due to this.

It was just a thought thats been pondering me for a while and I wanted to see what you guys think of it. If they are working on a Collectors Edition, let's just hope it's not a "cinematic" collection of previous titles. Gross.

I too am hoping for a Collectors Edition but not necessarily what you want. Personally, besides fixing the problem in 1.5 and 2.5 mechanically, I don't see a point in a PS4 port. I want a custom PS4 bundle with KH3. I don't own a PS4 and I don't plan on buying one until either a bundle is announced or launch day for KH3.

Also I agree that Square is most likely further along in development than they are telling us. I think they are just pulling our leg and that a December 2016 date is plausible.

I too am hoping for a Collectors Edition but not necessarily what you want. Personally, besides fixing the problem in 1.5 and 2.5 mechanically, I don't see a point in a PS4 port. I want a custom PS4 bundle with KH3. I don't own a PS4 and I don't plan on buying one until either a bundle is announced or launch day for KH3. Also I agree that Square is most likely further along in development than they are telling us. I think they are just pulling our leg and that a December 2016 date is plausible.

I could see a PS4 bundle with KH3 working for current PS3 owners who don't own a PS4 yet. That would actually be a great idea. But I have to disagree with you though for saying there isn't a point in general to include a 1.5 and 2.5 port in a collectors edition, or any other special edition for that matter. I'm sure many fans (such as myself) or even new fans looking forward to KH3 don't own a PS3. A special edition with these ports would save gamers the money from buying a PS3 console. Tetsuya Nomaru even said in an interview last year that a port would be something they'll explore. I think he also said at one point before, that he wanted to eventually see all games on one console.

I do agree on this. As someone without a PS3 I'd just love a bundle containing 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4. I still don't own a PS4, as Jordan said I'm waiting on a KH3 release date to get one.

That being said, maybe they won't release it anytime soon, but I do hope they'll make one. Having all games in a single console would be amazing and I'd totally spend all of the money in it.

As some of us may be aware of the recent 2.9 "leak" which actually ended up being a hoax, it was rather disappointing to me. Of course it was all speculation as to what would be in it, but I'm pretty sure we all thought it was going to be a collection of previous titles. Then I started thinking about it. I'm pretty sure Square is a lot further into development then we might think. Could it be possible they are working on/planning to work on a port of 1.5 and 2.5 for a KH3 Collector's Edition? It would sure make a lot more sense than releasing a standalone port, whereas some fans may have already bought the PS3 versions. For me, I don't own a PS3 to play 1.5 and 2.5. I'm sure I'm not the only Kingdom Hearts fan looking forward to KH3 that doesn't. A collector's edition might actually be a good idea on their part due to this.It was just a thought thats been pondering me for a while and I wanted to see what you guys think of it. If they are working on a Collectors Edition, let's just hope it's not a "cinematic" collection of previous titles. Gross.

i have waited for my pre order just for this. I have the 2.5 CE and i plan on getting a KH3 one if they release one.The only collector's editions i even have are square games with type-0 and kh2.5. Square will make it worth it.

Why are we discussing a collector's edition for a game that's not even out yet?

Why can't we discuss the possibilities of what might be in a collector's edition? I just thought I would share a possibility of what they might do, because it makes the most sense out of everything. Tetsuya Nomura said he wanted to see all titles on one console and he said a port would be something they will explore. This is what I think they'll do, and I wanted to see what others thought about it.And as you might see, I put "Theory" at the top. Which pretty much answers your question. Edited by Gamer88

Wait what is a 2.9 Collection

Some jack off put out a fake time sheet of the games they were going to talk about at E3. People speculated and the only thing that made sense of it would be all the previous games bundled into one.

post-56097-0-66436600-1434728751_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gamer88

I too am hoping for a Collectors Edition but not necessarily what you want. Personally, besides fixing the problem in 1.5 and 2.5 mechanically, I don't see a point in a PS4 port. I want a custom PS4 bundle with KH3. I don't own a PS4 and I don't plan on buying one until either a bundle is announced or launch day for KH3.

Also I agree that Square is most likely further along in development than they are telling us. I think they are just pulling our leg and that a December 2016 date is plausible.

Good God man, I'm holding out on getting a PS4 for exactly that same reason!  I'm hoping that a PS4 bundle for KHIII gets announced!  That's why I've been waiting patiently on getting a PS4! :D

And as for the topic in and of itself, it's a very good idea for a Collector's Edition to bring both ReMixes and KHIII in one box.  That'd definitely bring in a buttload of new fans! :D