Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Master Eraqus

Why Kingdom Hearts 3 MUST Have Multiple Playable Characters

We all know that they will be there, but the fact that they are there as party members or cutscene characters would give them less importance because they deserve to be played as much as Sora, and with my respects to the fact that Sora deserve to have the fight, all of the others deserve the same. 

I agree. But that is only wishful thinking. I wouldn't expect so many playable characters in one game unless I wanted to be dissapointed.

Sora actually has the most reason out of anyone to be going after Xehanort. You have to remember that Sora is carrying the pain of everyone who has suffered at the hands of Xehanort. A pain so powerful just a fraction of it almost broke him. Sora was thrust into a life of suffering and has since been forced to bear the burden of an adult. All of this because of the machinations of Xehanort. To top it all off he had to suffer almost having his entire life stolen in DDD. The only person that has more reason to fight Xehanort then Sora is Terra.

Edited by Chucky the Wise

Considering the scope that Kingdom Hearts III has, I'm pretty sure we'll be playing as the other Lights, because I mean, come on, a battle where you can control Lea to determine Isa's fate is definitely something you want to experience firsthand, and not in a cutscene!  So yeah, all the characters should have some play time dedicated to them!  But, on the other hand, another part of me says that I'd prefer playing just as Sora.  So I'm kind of in the neutral ground on this one. X3  I'll be fine with however Nomura decides to handle this. :D

And well, while the foreshadowing in the latest KHIII trailer suggests that Sora will be the one to face off against Xehanort, we'll have to see what kind of build up there is throughout the game between the two.  Because sure, Sora knows Xehanort is a threat, but he didn't suffer a fatal fate, unlike the rest of the characters!  I'm pretty sure that there'll be something bad happening during Kingdom Hearts III that'll make Sora snap and eventually get extremely pissed off at Xehanort, and whatever happens during the build up will definitely strengthen Sora's reason for fighting against Xehanort!  

Gahhh, Kingdom Hearts III, how close, and yet how far you still are! xD

Edited by Shigehiko

I agree. But that is only wishful thinking. I wouldn't expect so many playable characters in one game unless I wanted to be dissapointed.

We will know soon enough, but to make the game fair from the characters side, AT LEAST the guardians of light should be playable if not all the important characters.

The only way I want to play as someone other than Sora would be like how KH2 did it with playing as someone else for the tutorial and a few limited parts later in the game. This story started with Sora and should end with him. 

Actually no, as learned in BBS, this story has not started out with Sora. Yes, the first game released started with Sora, but in the timeline (excluding Chi) this started out with Aqua, Terra and Ventus. This trio definitely needs its time to shine just as much as Sora. Same goes for the others.

Playing as other characters at limited moments makes the amount of things you can do... limited. We need much more than just those small moments, we need to play as these characters at their fullest.

Edited by Master Eraqus

Actually no, as learned in BBS, this story has not started out with Sora. Yes, the first game released started with Sora, but in the timeline (excluding Chi) this started out with Aqua, Terra and Ventus. This trio definitely needs its time to shine just as much as Sora. Same goes for the others.

Playing as other characters at limited moments makes the amount of things you can do... limited. We need much more than just those small moments, we need to play as these characters at their fullest.

KH3 2115 Release date confirmed :D

It would be cool that Sora fought someone and u played sora, Then Riku fought a a boss and you play as Riku

And also doing this with Ven Terra Aqua.

It's so unfair that everybody else only gets five games dedicated to them

Sora got two entire games over a decade ago, let's give someone else some time in the sun, sure he's the main character, but he's had it too good for too long

Sure, you have good reasonings, but what it all comes down to is the fact that this game isn't for handhelds anymore. With new characters comes more development time, more abilities, varied gameplay, more more more. 'Course, I'd love for other playable characters, but I'm sure even Nomura-san is ready for that.

Although, I EXPECT to see it in the next Kingdom Hearts.

I'm really glad to see the majority of you agreeing with me. :D

I know a lot of you don't agree with what I said about the conflict between Sora and Xehanort and you've changed my mind, especially with the statement of Sora being put into a magic coma by Xehanort in DDD. But I still hope to see some cutscenes where we see Sora have some sort of hatred towards Xehanort after what happened in DDD. (Yes, I know about the hatred with Young Xehanort.)

Actually no, as learned in KHChi, we come to realise that the Kingdom Hearts tale starts off with none other than... you. I mean, to put it technically, your Avatar. KHChi comes before KHBBS, and because it is canon, KHChi should be represented as the origin point of the Kingdom Hearts universe (as of right now). 

Actually no, as learned in KHChi, we come to realise that the Kingdom Hearts tale starts off with none other than... you. I mean, to put it technically, your Avatar. KHChi comes before KHBBS, and because it is canon, KHChi should be represented as the origin point of the Kingdom Hearts universe (as of right now). 

Well yeah, that is true. What I meant to say was that this started out with Aqua, Terra and Ventus when it comes to what Xehanort has done. And I don't think Xehanort had anything to do with Chi, supposedly.  >:)

Well yeah, that is true. What I meant to say was that this started out with Aqua, Terra and Ventus when it comes to what Xehanort has done. And I don't think Xehanort had anything to do with Chi, supposedly.  > :)

Theoretically, Xehanort could have been the hooded figure communicating with the Foretellers in the players nightmare through lore not yet explained (*cough* Adult Xehanort being the sixth foreteller). 

Back to topic, if Mickey returns to battle if Sora faints then that's a second playable character there already, alternatively, if drive forms return then a potential drive form could quite literally be Roxas (as he is in Sora's body for Kingdom Hearts 2).

Theoretically, Xehanort could have been the hooded figure communicating with the Foretellers in the players nightmare through lore not yet explained (*cough* Adult Xehanort being the sixth foreteller). 

Back to topic, if Mickey returns to battle if Sora faints then that's a second playable character there already, alternatively, if drive forms return then a potential drive form could quite literally be Roxas (as he is in Sora's body for Kingdom Hearts 2).

I personally don't believe that the Mickey thing would return in KH3, since he'll be busy searching with Riku. As for drive forms, I don't think they'll make a return, at least those which use two Keyblades such as Valor Form, since Sora has to return Ventus' heart.