Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Master Eraqus

Why Kingdom Hearts 3 MUST Have Multiple Playable Characters

I agree with the request for other playable characters. But knowing Square Enix, they're probably going to be limited costly DLC packages (Preorder KH3 and you can do "Kairi's Mark Of Mastery").

That isn't something Square Enix has really done, so there's no precedent for assuming that

Multiplayer will not happen in Kingdom Hearts 3. Kingdom Hearts is solo ONLY game. Days, DDDD, BBS, Recoded only had multiplayer because they were on handhelds.

They've said in interviews they're considering an online component, which obviously suggests multiplayer in some capacity

They said they wouldn't do story DLC's for their games. They got backlash after XIII-2

I've never heard anything of the sort

Multiplayer will not happen in Kingdom Hearts 3. Kingdom Hearts is solo ONLY game. Days, DDDD, BBS, Recoded only had multiplayer because they were on handhelds.

I'm not talking about multiplayer. I'm talking about having the ability to play as multiple characters.

Ok so, after seeing all these replies after getting out of bed (you can imagine the surprise of how many notifications I suddenly had), I've seen that the majority of you have disagreed with what I've said about Sora in the spotlight.

You have succeeded to change my mind on it. However, I still wish Sora to show some form of hatred towards Xehanort like I want him to secretly regret his failure in the Mark of Mastery while not showing it.

But, my point still stands that the spotlight doesn't belong to Sora alone. The others deserve just as much.

I still think Lea deserves to be a playable character. I don't mind Sora being the only playable character but sure, it'd be badass to use other characters as well.

Personally, I'd love a playable Lea, and have the chance to personally kick butt with him to save both Isa and Roxas. Not sure about Kairi, she was pretty irrelevant to the game whatsoever, having her as a playable character is kinda silly, imo. I do agree with you on the rest, though. Nice post.

I would like Riku to be playable in addition to Sora. I've always thought Riku had better control/abilities over the keyblade than Sora. Thats just me though. I prefer dark type abilities over the light type ones Sora uses

I don't see anything wrong with playing as just Sora, we've had our chance with multiple characters in DDD and BbS, and I loathed that damn drop meter so I'm happy for just one character again. Also dude, Sora's the main character, they aren't just gonna change that fact now.

I never said Sora shouldn't be the main character. I'm just saying that the other characters deserve the spotlight as much as Sora. 

That isn't something Square Enix has really done, so there's no precedent for assuming that

They've said in interviews they're considering an online component, which obviously suggests multiplayer in some capacity

I've never heard anything of the sort

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a453779/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-wont-feature-story-dlc.html#~pgbcJzCvb4KC1p

Safe to say they wont do it for their future games.

Also, if they make Lea playable and not Riku or Kairi, it will be a slap to the face to KH fans. Seriously.

Edited by Sorarocks93

...why?

that's literally one game

Because they said the game didn't feel complete. What's the point of doing it with other games? 

Also that was because of people's backlash.

Edited by Sorarocks93

Because they said the game didn't feel complete. What's the point of doing it with other games? 

Also that was because of people's backlash.

and yet they do DLC in other ways with other games

and times change, if there's demand for KH DLC, they'll do it

and yet they do DLC in other ways with other games

and times change, if there's demand for KH DLC, they'll do it

I thought we were talking about Story DLC not DLC in general. I definitely expect them to put DLC with new Keyblades and stuff.

I thought we were talking about Story DLC not DLC in general. I definitely expect them to put DLC with new Keyblades and stuff.

story dlc would b e a perfect way to add disney worlds to bonus bosses after the release

it could be especially cool if they pulled a Smash Ballot and got people to vote on worlds they'd like to see

Honestly, KH I and Coded are the ONLY games you play as only one character! It's not like it's something crazy!

Riku had his own story mode in the second game for crying out loud.

I totally agree that there absolutely will be multiple playable characters.

It's just a little crazy imagining playing as all 7!

I think Sora, Kairi, and Riku will probably the ones with the most playability.

Personally, I think it would be really cool to unlock the other characters' story modes who may not have as much screen time.

Youtuber Frustrated Jacob had a cool idea of making Kairi like the tutorial character.

Edited by Pretium

I don't care what other say, I think you absolutely right. Out of everyone, Sora is the one who has less reasons to want to defeat Xehanort. Does he have a reason? Yes, but it's not strong enough, the reason is "to do the right thing" which is good enough, but not completely personal. You explained it well... how the other characters have personal reasons to HATE Xehanort, but Sora doesn't, and he hasn't even seen his face. Like maybe Sora is walking alone and good old Xehanort approches him and he doesn't even know he's Xehanort!

Mickey, Ventus, Aqua and Terra had a lot of problems with him in the past (Terra especially would be the perfect one to finish Xehanort off), and Lea and Riku met him in DDD and have personal reasons too. But Sora doesn't. Even Kairi would have a stronger reason to defeat him, as she was used for being a princess of heart. Sora has always made his journeys to find his friends and do the right thing and savng people, but for me, if he's the one that's going to defeat Xehanort at the end, something must happen in KH3 that really PISS OFF Sora enough in order to want to defeat him.

Edited by Moni_22

I don't care what other say, I think you absolutely right. Out of everyone, Sora is the one who has less reasons to want to defeat Xehanort. Does he have a reason? Yes, but it's not strong enough, the reason is "to do the right thing" which is good enough, but not completely personal. You explained it well... how the other characters have personal reasons to HATE Xehanort, but Sora doesn't, and he hasn't even seen his face. Like maybe Sora is walking alone and good old Xehanort approches him and he doesn't even know he's Xehanort!

Mickey, Ventus, Aqua and Terra had a lot of problems with him in the past (Terra especially would be the perfect one to finish Xehanort off), and Lea and Riku met him in DDD and have personal reasons too. But Sora doesn't. Even Kairi would have a stronger reason to defeat him, as she was used for being a princess of heart. Sora has always made his journeys to find his friends and do the right thing and savng people, but for me, if he's the one that's going to defeat Xehanort at the end, something must happen in KH3 that really PISS OFF Sora enough in order to want to defeat him.

Young Xehanort and Sora started a rivalry in Dream Drop Distance. Sora was about to strike him in The Symphony Of Sorcery but Xehanort declined the battle.

Young Xehanort and Sora started a rivalry in Dream Drop Distance. Sora was about to strike him in The Symphony Of Sorcery but Xehanort declined the battle.

Rivalry? They only spoke between each other, YX wanted to confuse him. And YX =/= Master Xehanort, which is the main threat. He didn't even seem to be really mad at the end of DDD, considering they made him fall into darkness.

And that's the thing, everyone has been shown to hate Xehanort, really, really mad at him. But we've never seen Sora like that, like the OP said, the only villain he was really mad at was Marluxia.

Edited by Moni_22

Rivalry? They only spoke between each other, YX wanted to confuse him. And YX =/= Master Xehanort, which is the main threat. He didn't even seem to be really mad at the end of DDD, considering they made him fall into darkness.

And that's the thing, everyone has been shown to hate Xehanort, really, really mad at him. But we've never seen Sora like that, like the OP said, the only villain he was really mad at was Marluxia.

the main threat isn't a physical form of Xehanort, its his heart

everybody is opposed to his heart, the heart just takes many forms

That's not totally realistic to say since he showed much vitriol towards Ansem and Xemnas who ARE still Xehanort basically as well. (Yes Terra is there too but that doesn't change the fact it's Xehanort in charge and his plans)

Both Ansem and Xemnas were a version of Xehanort who firetrucked with and devastated the worlds and Sora faced off with both not to mention the upcoming threat of mass genocide due to the threat of an apocalypse and drowning the worlds in darkness....and that's ON TOP of firetrucking with his friends. .Plus Xehanort himself tried to take over his body and basically his life in DDD. Can't get more personal than that.Yes everyone has a reason to want to defeat Xehanort but Sora has just as much reason.

That's not totally realistic to say since he showed much vitriol towards Ansem and Xemnas who ARE still Xehanort basically as well. (Yes Terra is there too but that doesn't change the fact it's Xehanort in charge and his plans)

Both Ansem and Xemnas were a version of Xehanort who firetrucked with and devastated the worlds and Sora faced off with both not to mention the upcoming threat of mass genocide due to the threat of an apocalypse and drowning the worlds in darkness....and that's ON TOP of firetrucking with his friends. .Plus Xehanort himself tried to take over his body and basically his life in DDD. Can't get more personal than that.Yes everyone has a reason to want to defeat Xehanort but Sora has just as much reason.

That's what I'm saying, Sora's going to defeat Xehanort because it's the right thing to do. And, as I said, I think that's good. I mean, that's what stories like this usually go, the bad guy does bad things and the hero defeats him. But... for me, if I only get to play as Sora, I would be disappointed because I won't be able to experience the potencially great fights of the other characters, who have their own more personal reasons to defeat him.

Also like I said, even though yeah, Sora got almost his body taken by Xehanort, he didn't show anger at the end in DDD, and I think that's not a good point, I would have liked them to talk about it for a bit, I mean it was a VERY important moment, why didn't Sora say something like "I promise I will defeat Xehanort!" or "I'm so mad I was almost taken by Xehanort but... thanks to Riku, now I have the opportunity to defeat him and make him pay for what he has done to my friends!" or something like that. I understand, that this kind of conversation will most likely happen in KH3, but I find it unsatisfactory that they just "forgot" about what happened and were only focused on the exam.

Sorry, what I really mean by all this is: Sora is the main character, but he's not the only main character. We have played as Riku, the TAV trio and well also Roxas, we have experienced their pain and they have strong reasons to defeat Xehanort. As Sora is the MC, I would want to play as him in the final boss (Xehanort or not), but I don't want them to take apart the other characters. When you play as them, is when you really feel the battles, when you really see their emotions, their suffering and finally their joy. KH3 is going to be about 7 lights vs 13 darknesses and I want no less, I want to fight with every light against every darkness. Or well... at least, 2 or 3 lights...

Edited by Moni_22

That's what I'm saying, Sora's going to defeat Xehanort because it's the right thing to do. And, as I said, I think that's good. I mean, that's what stories like this usually go, the bad guy does bad things and the hero defeats him. But... for me, if I only get to play as Sora, I would be disappointed because I won't be able to experience the potencially great fights of the other characters, who have their own more personal reasons to defeat him.

Also like I said, even though yeah, Sora got almost his body taken by Xehanort, he didn't show anger at the end in DDD, and I think that's not a good point, I would have liked them to talk about it for a bit, I mean it was a VERY important moment, why didn't Sora say something like "I promise I will defeat Xehanort!" or "I'm so mad I was almost taken by Xehanort but... thanks to Riku, now I have the opportunity to defeat him and make him pay for what he has done to my friends!" or something like that. I understand, that this kind of conversation will most likely happen in KH3, but I find it unsatisfactory that they just "forgot" about what happened and were only focused on the exam.

Sorry, what I really mean by all this is: Sora is the main character, but he's not the only main character. We have played as Riku, the TAV trio and well also Roxas, we have experienced their pain and they have strong reasons to defeat Xehanort. As Sora is the MC, I would want to play as him in the final boss (Xehanort or not), but I don't want them to take apart the other characters. When you play as them, is when you really feel the battles, when you really see their emotions, their suffering and finally their joy. KH3 is going to be about 7 lights vs 13 darknesses and I want no less, I want to fight with every light against every darkness. Or well... at least, 2 or 3 lights...

But it IS personal for all the reasons I gave... Hes faced Xehanort himself in many forms. It IS personal. As for DDD I think Sora was just more relieved to escape being a vessel.. But that doesn't mean he wasn't upset or mad. Wouldn't you be if someone tried to take over your body and your life basically? I wouldn't say others have MORE reason. But they do have their own reasons.

Now that said, I do want more playable characters myself. I just can't agree with some of the OP's reasoning on that subject.

I mostly agree with the words that Master Eraqus said.Kingdom Hearts's story now is not only about Sora and it may be true that Sora would still have a personal issue with Xehanort, BUT NOT as strong as the problems that the others have with him. The game is about friendship and teamwork, and having Sora to be played the whole time whether with the others as party members or without them still wouldn't be fair at all because after Kingdom Hearts I, the scenario was never only about Sora, it's about Kairi, Master Riku, Namine, Roxas, Xion, Master Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Lea "Axel", Master Eraqus, King Mickey, the unknown seven guardians of light and many other characters that have their different reasons for fighting against Master Xehanort himself. However, the actual silly part here is the fact that after creating all these suffering characters with their different stories on different KH titles that are very important to the story, we end up on the finale with playing only as Sora "AS IF" he has the strongest reason for fighting Master Xehanort because of his "Connection" to others, which is never fair.

Edited by Master Keeper

I mostly agree with the words that Master Eraqus said.Kingdom Hearts's story now is not only about Sora and it may be true that Sora would still have a personal issue with Xehanort, BUT NOT as strong as the problems that the others have with him. The game is about friendship and teamwork, and having Sora to be played the whole time whether with the others as party members or without them still wouldn't be fair at all because after Kingdom Hearts I, the scenario was never only about Sora, it's about Kairi, Master Riku, Namine, Roxas, Xion, Master Aqua, Terra, Ventus, Lea "Axel", Master Eraqus, King Mickey, the unknown seven guardians of light and many other characters that have their different reasons for fighting against Master Xehanort himself. However, the actual silly part here is the fact that after creating all these suffering characters with their different stories on different KH titles that are very important to the story, we end up on the finale with playing only as Sora "AS IF" he has the strongest reason for fighting Master Xehanort because of his "Connection" to others, which is never fair.

Fair? Who would want to be put in such danger? I don't think it's fair for Sora. In KH2 suddenly everything falls in his shoulders. He just wanted to be on the islands with his friends.

Fair? Who would want to be put in such danger? I don't think it's fair for Sora. In KH2 suddenly everything falls in his shoulders. He just wanted to be on the islands with his friends.

Well guess what, he was on the island but decided to head through the journey because of his connection, which means that he should HELP not take the whole responsibility on striking down the villain that made a lot on others than on him.

Well guess what, he was on the island but decided to head through the journey because of his connection, which means that he should HELP not take the whole responsibility on striking down the villain that made a lot on others than on him.

They will all be there anyway. But I wouldn't expect to fight the very last phase with anyone else other than Sora.

They will all be there anyway. But I wouldn't expect to fight the very last phase with anyone else other than Sora.

We all know that they will be there, but the fact that they are there as party members or cutscene characters would give them less importance because they deserve to be played as much as Sora, and with my respects to the fact that Sora deserve to have the fight, all of the others deserve the same.