Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Pretium

The Only Logical 7 Guardians Of Light

I need to post this before I lose it.

People, XION and ROXAS will NOT be Guardians of Light.

I'm sorry to dash your dreams. And neither will Terra.

I really hope I don't need to explain why the first 2 can't, it's very obvious. Even so, nearly every time someone posts "Their Pick" for the guardians of light I see both of those names on the list.

Terra lost his heart, hence Ansem - Seeker of Darkness and Xemnes' creation, so it's probably in Kingdom Hearts.

Therefor, the only logical list is as follows;

Sora (Duh)

Riku (Duh)

King Mickey (Duh)

Lea (He would not have started Keyblade training otherwise)

Kairi (Yay! Also, same reason as Lea. She was given the ability to use a keyblade by Aqua)

Aqua (She is still alive, just trapped in the realm of darkness)

Ventus (His body is sleeping in Castle Oblivion somehow and his heart is still hiding within Sora)

There you have it. In my opinion what appears to be the likely lineup of Guardians of Light.

Edited by Pretium

Just to nitpick, Terra is back. Sora defeated both Ansen and Xemnas so "Terra-Xehanort" is back. This was stated in DDD to when MX said that he has Terra under this control or something like that.

EDIT: I wouldn't completely rule out Roxas, It was clearly stated that he developed his own heart so he can be his own person without existing inside of Sora.

Edited by Pokemoncuzzie

Just to nitpick, Terra is back. Sora defeated both Ansen and Xemnas so "Terra-Xehanort" is back. This was stated in DDD to when MX said that he has Terra under this control or something like that.EDIT: I wouldn't completely rule out Roxas, It was clearly stated that he developed his own heart so he can be his own person without existing inside of Sora.

Oh, so I guess that still puts him under Seekers Of Darkness. Though I have no doubt he'll be restored when it's all said and done.As for Roxas, it's possible that they might do to him what they tried to do to Sora, make him the Thirteenth Seeker Of Darkness. Edited by Pretium

Oh, so I guess that still puts him under Seekers Of Darkness. Though I have no doubt he'll be restored when it's all said and done.

If anything, my guess is that Terra will come back when MX is defeated. Which does make it impossible for him to be a GoL.

Edited by Pokemoncuzzie

While I agree with you, I don't think Lea is a GoL. They never stated that. It's mostly likely Terra.

I doubt Lea went to get a keyblade just so he could become a Guardian.

I don't think Kairi is a guardian since she is already one of the princesses

I have to disagree. :/They were called to be trained under Yen Sid for the coming battle. There'd be no need to call Kairi at all were she not to be a guardian. Same goes for Lea. It just makes no sense to train them with keyblades otherwise. If having the ability to wield a Keyblade isn't one of the requirements to be a guardian of light, then Donald and Goofy would surely be ones as well!

Just to nitpick, Terra is back. Sora defeated both Ansen and Xemnas so "Terra-Xehanort" is back. This was stated in DDD to when MX said that he has Terra under this control or something like that.

EDIT: I wouldn't completely rule out Roxas, It was clearly stated that he developed his own heart so he can be his own person without existing inside of Sora.

People have been saying that the two pieces that look like the guardian are Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Terra-Xehanort since they both have access to the guardian and use it alot

I need to post this before I lose it.

People, XION and ROXAS will NOT be Guardians of Light.

I'm sorry to dash your dreams. And neither will Terra.

I really hope I don't need to explain why the first 2 can't, it's very obvious. Even so, nearly every time someone posts "Their Pick" for the guardians of light I see both of those names on the list.

Terra lost his heart, hence Ansem - Seeker of Darkness and Xemnes' creation, so it's probably in Kingdom Hearts.

Therefor, the only logical list is as follows;

Sora (Duh)

Riku (Duh)

King Mickey (Duh)

Lea (He would not have started Keyblade training otherwise)

Kairi (Yay! Also, same reason as Lea. She was given the ability to use a keyblade by Aqua)

Aqua (She is still alive, just trapped in the realm of darkness)

Ventus (His body is sleeping in Castle Oblivion somehow and his heart is still hiding within Sora)

There you have it. In my opinion what appears to be the likely lineup of Guardians of Light.

This. Im pretty positive that these are the main guardians of light. Roxas and Xion could be involved in the fight against MX and the 13 but they wouldn't have a huge role like these main 7 have

This. Im pretty positive that these are the main guardians of light. Roxas and Xion could be involved in the fight against MX and the 13 but they wouldn't have a huge role like these main 7 have

True, I could see them jumping in for the final attack or something. Edited by Pretium

I always thought that Terra is still in MX . Anyway , yeah , I agree with this list . But I am kinda doubtful about Kairi .

They were called to be trained under Yen Sid for the coming battle. There'd be no need to call Kairi at all were she not to be a guardian.Same goes for Lea. It just makes no sense to train them with keyblades otherwise. If having the ability to wield a Keyblade isn't one of the requirements to be a guardian of light, then Donald and Goofy would surely be ones as well!

Still , you have a point .  However , Kairi could have a similar role to the one that both Donald and Goofy have . 

I always thought that Terra is still in MX . Anyway , yeah , I agree with this list . But I am kinda doubtful about Kairi . Still , you have a point .  However , Kairi could have a similar role to the one that both Donald and Goofy have .

That's possible. I just still have a hard time believing a Keyblade Weilder would be wasted by not being a guardian.

I need to post this before I lose it.People, XION and ROXAS will NOT be Guardians of Light.I'm sorry to dash your dreams. And neither will Terra.I really hope I don't need to explain why the first 2 can't, it's very obvious. Even so, nearly every time someone posts "Their Pick" for the guardians of light I see both of those names on the list.Terra lost his heart, hence Ansem - Seeker of Darkness and Xemnes' creation, so it's probably in Kingdom Hearts.Therefor, the only logical list is as follows;Sora (Duh)Riku (Duh)King Mickey (Duh)Lea (He would not have started Keyblade training otherwise)Kairi (Yay! Also, same reason as Lea. She was given the ability to use a keyblade by Aqua)Aqua (She is still alive, just trapped in the realm of darkness)Ventus (His body is sleeping in Castle Oblivion somehow and his heart is still hiding within Sora)There you have it. In my opinion what appears to be the likely lineup of Guardians of Light.

Roxas and Xion need a reason to be relevant, which automatically makes them candidates. Terra Aqua and Ventus all have plot threads that can be pursued without them being guardians, same with Lea. Xion and Roxas have nothing to add if that isn't their role, and they're coming back, so they need one

Terra is all but confirmed. I say all but because he was confirmed, but KH is a series where hearing something isn't the same as it being the truth. But Xehanrot makes explicit reference to Terra being a light, saying "One of your number is already mine" or something to that effect. Xehanort DOES have the capacity to be wrong, but at this point the safest assumption is that he's right,a and Terra is a light. It's unlikely that Aqua or Ven won't be lights, as they're a trio. Mickey might not be a light simply by way of not being a Nomura character, and Sora might not be a light because a constant trend with Sora is him NOT being special in any way. Also, who knows with Riku, he's probably gonna have some arc about the darkness again.

Also I'd really like to ehar your obvious reason why Roxas and Xion can't be lights

That's possible. I just still have a hard time believing a Keyblade Weilder would be wasted by not being a guardian.

Having a keyblade isn't a prerequisite for being a light, and given Lea's actions, I'm not sure his heart is a very good candidate for an ally of light

Kingdom Hearts 3 will take place immediately after the events of Dream Drop Distance so I doubt that Lea and Kairi are one of seven guardians of light. Especially Kairi because I don't think she would strong enough to fight the thirteen seekers of darkness. It's also confirmed that these roles that everyone is expected to fulfill may not fill these roles at all. We pretty much have to wait and see when the game comes out. I originally wanted Sora, Riku, King Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, Roxas, and Yen Sid to be guardians of light but I don't that will happen.

Kingdom Hearts 3 will take place immediately after the events of Dream Drop Distance so I doubt that Lea and Kairi are one of seven guardians of light. Especially Kairi because I don't think she would strong enough to fight the thirteen seekers of darkness. It's also confirmed that these roles that everyone is expected to fulfill may not fill these roles at all. We pretty much have to wait and see when the game comes out. I originally wanted Sora, Riku, King Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, Roxas, and Yen Sid to be guardians of light but I don't that will happen.

Immediately is a loose term. Nomura said that the footage we saw in the latest trailer was of a Keyblade Master Sora. I think at least a bit of time will have past, even if we get to play Sora's mark of mastery exam.

I probably might not be able to explain too well or make any sense, but I'm going to put out something.

I'm not denying those two of being GoL.  At this point, with as much information that's been given, any known or currently present protagonist is eligible to be one.  Of course there will be keyblade wielders as guardians, but can the 7 only be keyblade wielders?  I'm just wondering on this.

As far as Kairi goes, I'm not convinced she's a guardian.  To me, all the secret ending to 3D shows she has the potential to be a GoL, not a confirmation that she is one.

With Lea, I'm not sure with him.  I was surprised he even gets a keyblade in the first place.  But I can't help but think:  "Why?"  Why would Lea want a keyblade?  What reason is there for him to consider getting one?  I really don't think it was to become a GoL.  Nothing in the whole game gave out that idea (or at least I don't remember where in it). 

At that time in 3D where he asked Yensid for training (I'm guessing that's what it is) to use a keyblade, he didn't know what a GoL was beforehand.  Or at least I don't remember Lea knowing what a GoL was, him asking what it is, or Yensid telling him what it is.  All I got out of that scene was: "Obtaining a keyblade won't be easy and being willing to go through with it regardless."  The only thing I can think of as to why Lea went to get one was that it had something he lacked or needed.  Whether it would help him save Sora, find answers, figure out the location of missing members in the first organization or get Isa is anybody's guess.  But "To become a Guardian of Light." isn't enough for me to be one of those guesses/reasons. 

I guess I'm a bit late for responding huh?

Edited by Ultimus Grid

Immediately is a loose term. Nomura said that the footage we saw in the latest trailer was of a Keyblade Master Sora. I think at least a bit of time will have past, even if we get to play Sora's mark of mastery exam.

I don't think so. Sora may be a keyblade master in the new trailer but the game will still pick up where Dream Drop Distance left off. I think the game will start where Yen Sid will deem Sora as keyblade master while Kairi and Lea are still in training.

I probably might not be able to explain too well or make any sense, but I'm going to put out something.  I'm not denying those two of being GoL.  At this point, with as much information that's been given, any known or currently present protagonist is eligible to be one.  Of course there will be keyblade wielders as guardians, but can the 7 only be keyblade wielders?  I'm just wondering on this. As far as Kairi goes, I'm not convinced she's a guardian.  To me, all the secret ending to 3D shows she has the potential to be a GoL, not a confirmation that she is one. With Lea, I'm not sure with him.  I was surprised he even gets a keyblade in the first place.  But I can't help but think:  "Why?"  Why would Lea want a keyblade?  What reason is there for him to consider getting one?  I really don't think it was to become a GoL.  Nothing in the whole game gave out that idea (or at least I don't remember where in it).  At that time in 3D where he asked Yensid for training (I'm guessing that's what it is) to use a keyblade, he didn't know what a GoL was beforehand.  Or at least I don't remember Lea knowing what a GoL was, him asking what it is, or Yensid telling him what it is.  All I got out of that scene was: "Obtaining a keyblade won't be easy and being willing to go through with it regardless."  The only thing I can think of as to why Lea went to get one was that it had something he lacked or needed.  Whether it would help him save Sora, find answers, figure out the location of missing members in the first organization or get Isa is anybody's guess.  But "To become a Guardian of Light." isn't enough for me to be one of those guesses/reasons.   I guess I'm a bit late for responding huh?

No, I here you about Lea possibly not intending to become one and having other reasons for Keyblade training. But we can't forget Yen Sid. He won't be wasting his Mentorship in this crucial time. I believe he is putting forth all his efforts to ready the GoLs.

I don't think so. Sora may be a keyblade master in the new trailer but the game will still pick up where Dream Drop Distance left off. I think the game will start where Yen Sid will deem Sora as keyblade master while Kairi and Lea are still in training.

that's a really awkward place to start

literally directly after DDD where Yen Sid decides not to make Sora a master... he decides to make him a master? pretty silly

Oh, I agree that Lea and Kairi will still be training mid-game. But I just feel like there will be a small gap of time. Although, there haven't really been any gaps so far. They've all been filled in with the spinoffs.Maybe you're right, and it will be an immediate transition like the way 358/2 Days goes straight into KH II. Who knows? I'm just figuring on a little more of a space between DDD and KH III. It wouldn't feel right to me to start RIGHT were DDD left off. It's been 10 years since a numbered tittle. I want the feeling that time has past, like in KH II. You could really tell some time had passed for Sora. Edited by Pretium

Darn quote button not working.

@Pretium Of course.  Yensid is sure to have an important role and I'm confident that Lea's training for a keyblade will have great use, along with getting everybody ready.  And as far as Lea being a GoL, I wouldn't mind it too much.  But whether or not he will actually be one is still up for debate.

Edited by Ultimus Grid

Darn quote button not working. @Pretium Of course.  Yensid is sure to have an important role and I'm confident that Lea's training for a keyblade will have great use, along with getting everybody ready.  And as far as Lea being a GoL, I wouldn't mind it too much.  But whether or not he will actually be one is still up for debate.

Fair enough.

Sad to read how people 'don't trust' Lea to be able to use a keyblade nor what a GoL is. Of course he knows what's going on, if he didn't, he wouldn't be using one now. Everyone thinks just because Kairi is a 'main character' doesn't mean she's suddenly a badass who knows everything about GoLs and such. In KH2 she had no idea what the heck was going on, what makes you guys think she would know more than Lea himself? IMO, Aqua should be the only female playable chara, Kairi could be an assist, at least.