Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
hatok

Playable Baby Eraqus?

I always loved the idea of playing as Eraqus, but I can't see him getting a main playable role.

However Nomura has said that the chess scene in the trailer will be the first scene in KH3. So I was thinking the tutorial can be us playing as Young Eraqus or 'Baby' Xehanort.

That's a very good idea. From a story standpoint, I'm all for fleshing out characters more. (Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it established that Eraqus never left LoD before- at least, not after he started his training? If so, it kinda kills the whole 'exploring' scenario with him; they can retccon it, sure, but I'd rather they didn't add even more of those.)

Also really dig the idea of having YX as a flashback party member; reminds me of how you fight alongside Sephiroth in Cloud's flashback (aka, one of the only things I remember liking about VII).

That's a very good idea. From a story standpoint, I'm all for fleshing out characters more. (Though, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it established that Eraqus never left LoD before- at least, not after he started his training? If so, it kinda kills the whole 'exploring' scenario with him; they can retccon it, sure, but I'd rather they didn't add even more of those.)

Also really dig the idea of having YX as a flashback party member; reminds me of how you fight alongside Sephiroth in Cloud's flashback (aka, one of the only things I remember liking about VII).

I don't recall reading that anywhere with Eraqus, but even if that's the case, a simple way around i that's still a retcon, but less bad of one, would be to have him and Xehanort sneak out to another world. Helps establish Xehanort's need for freedom, and bonus points if the world they visit is Atlantica and we finally get an explanation for King Triton's deal.

Then it could end with them doing to Destiny Islands or something, I dunno.

We could even have flashbacks at specific points in the story, showing Eraqus at different stages in his life

I don't recall reading that anywhere with Eraqus, but even if that's the case, a simple way around i that's still a retcon, but less bad of one, would be to have him and Xehanort sneak out to another world. Helps establish Xehanort's need for freedom, and bonus points if the world they visit is Atlantica and we finally get an explanation for King Triton's deal.

Then it could end with them doing to Destiny Islands or something, I dunno.

We could even have flashbacks at specific points in the story, showing Eraqus at different stages in his life

I guess I just kind of assumed- Eraqus is established as the guy who has to watch of LoD while Xehanort gets to leave and turn into Emperor Palpatine. It makes sense that he hadn't left LoD in decades, if ever.

I would love it if they actually visited Atlantica to close that little plot hole, and I'd love it even more if they visited Destiny Islands and that could be a good way to actually explore the islands. Of course, because that makes perfect sense to me, it's never gonna firetrucking happen, but still, I'm liking it.

Also I dunno about flashbacks; there're only a few super important events that Eraqus is involved with in the story, and we've already seen most of them in BBS. If anything, I'd prefer flashback segments of YX to establish him as more of a human being that slowly got corrupted over time instead of just Super Machiavelli.

I'd love any other playable character, and Eraqus as the tutorial character would be amazing! I really hope Nomura will include multiple characters in this game.

Eraqus seems to be the most likely candidate to start the journey. It makes the character that much more tragic and gives a reason to have a level 1 start.