Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Toominator

Apart from the Olympus world confirmed for Kingdom Hearts III, almost all other worlds will be new

In a recent interview for Dengeki PlayStation magazine, Tetsuya Nomura, director of the Kingdom Hearts series, has stated that almost all worlds apart from the Olympus world in Kingdom Hearts III will be new. Although considered obvious from the trailer, this seemingly confirms for the first time that Olympus is indeed one of the worlds in Kingdom Hearts III.

The other notable point from this is re-confirmation that the majority of the worlds we visit in Kingdom Hearts III will be new to the series. With that in mind, what worlds yet to be seen in the Kingdom Hearts series do you think will be visited by Sora and company? Let us know in the comments!

Thanks go to @htmk73 for the interview summary, and to goldpanner for English translations of Nomura's comments, which can be read below.

[Asked about the battle gameplay of KH3]

Nomura: The battle gameplay returns to commands such as 'attack' and 'magic' rather than deck commands. I thought that king of gameplay styles had the royal right to be used in a numbered Kingdom Hearts title.

[Asked about worlds]

Nomura: I can't speak in detail, but apart from Olympus Coliseum, nearly all the worlds are new.

[About Sora's movement in the trailer]

Nomura: For this title we are implementing free running so Sora's mobility isn't ordinary (laughs). Most things can be overcome with jumping and free running, and you can charging up walls and such

Click here to view the article

Because the worlds in Dream Drop Distance were submerged in sleep and they never happened in real time, I could see La Cite De Clothes returning for Kingdom Hearts 3 for a proper battle with Frollo!

But in sheer honesty, I never had a problem with returning worlds from Kingdom Hearts 1 to Kingdom Hearts 2. I had a problem with returning world when they reappeared for 358/2 Days and Coded. That is when they started getting repetitive because nothing new was done with the worlds.

Agrabah needs to be concluded and it just isn't fair if Olympus Colliseum is shoved in Kingdom Hearts time and time again and Agrabah isn't, The Lion King 2 has a strong narrative for Kingdom Hearts 3, and unlike all the people who hate Atlantica, the sequel can play out as a world. I'm all open for returning worlds (expect for Wonderland, even Tim Burton's Wonderland shouldn't be in the game). Just make it visually distinct and enjoyable for it to be deserving of a spot.

i'd love to see pocahontas and lilo&stitch! ♥ (after the space world in BBS it would be kinda cute to see a reuniting ahhh)sad there probably won't be peter pan then, though ;;!! also beauty and the beast and aladdin!!aristocats would be hella cute, but i highly doubt they'd do this wahahbut tbh i'm looking most forward to radiant garden and hopefully a rebuilt lands of departure hnghgfd

[About Sora's movement in the trailer]

Nomura: "For this title we are implementing free running so Sora's mobility isn't ordinary (laughs). Most things can be overcome with jumping and free running, and you can charging up walls and such."

Kingdom's Creed

Posted Image

I just want:

- Big Hero 6

- Wreck-it Ralph

- FROZEN

- Marvel and Star Wars World or content

- If it is possible, ZOOTOPIA

- The Grid or Space Paranoids

- SHIBUYA!!! REMEMBER THE PROMISE TO NEKU IN THE END OF TRAVERSE TOWN!!

- Daybreak Town

I won't get my hopes too high because the last time Nomura said that all Disney worlds will be new back before the release of KH3D, we ended up with Space Paranoid clone, different events of Pinocchio's movie, similar world to Mysterious Tower and another fragment of Mickey's journey with La Cite des Cloches to be the only COMPLETE new world on that title. Furthermore, I am pretty sure that Nomura will make such troll face movements in III even if he said that the worlds will be new. 

Since I am expecting old worlds to return anyways, I would like to have:

- Agrabah (Aladdin 3)

- Atlantica (The Little Mermaid 2)

- The Grid/ Space Paranoid (Conclude the problem of this world)

- Port Royal

- Land of Dragons (Mulan II)

- La Cite des Cloches (Hunchback in Notre Dame II)

- Enchanted Dominion (Ending Maleficent there or adding the movie of Maleficent) 

- Neverland (Peter pan II)

Worlds that I would NEVER want to see again EVER:

- Wonderland

- Halloween Town

- Prankster's Paradise

New Worlds:

- Robin Hood

- The Princess and the Frog 

- Frozen

- Big Hero 6

- Wrech-it Ralph 

- Pocahontas 

- The Sword in the Stone

Edited by Master Keeper

I wonder how many of those "new" are actually "new" and not "KH1-KH2" worlds. In that case, how many worlds would there be? I mean, how many unseen Disney movies are left?

He said new to the series.

I won't get my hopes too high because the last time Nomura said that all Disney worlds will be new back before the release of KH3D, we ended up with Space Paranoid clone, different events of Pinocchio's movie, similar world to Mysterious Tower and another fragment of Mickey's journey with La Cite des Cloches to be the only COMPLETE new world on that title. Furthermore, I am pretty sure that Nomura will make such troll face movements in III even if he said that the worlds will be new. Since I am expecting old worlds to return anyways, I would like to have:- Agrabah (Aladdin 3)- Atlantica (The Little Mermaid 2)- The Grid/ Space Paranoid (Conclude the problem of this world)- Port Royal- Land of Dragons (Mulan II)- La Cite des Cloches (Hunchback in Notre Dame II)- Enchanted Dominion (Ending Maleficent there or adding the movie of Maleficent) - Neverland (Peter pan II) Worlds that I would NEVER want to see again EVER:- Wonderland- Halloween Town- Prankster's Paradise New Worlds:- Robin Hood- The Princess and the Frog - Frozen- Big Hero 6- Wrech-it Ralph - Pocahontas - The Sword in the Stone
Country of Musketeers was new too.