Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
hatok

Fire Emblem Fates Introduces Same Sex Relationships

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/24/fire-emblem-fates-introduces-same-sex-marriage-to-the-series/

Depending on the version you get, there'll either be a male/male option or a female/female option, and by the sounds of it a third version of the game will offer both?

This is a nice little step FE has taken, and I imagine it'll make a few people happy, so yay

I absolutely love that there are both Yaoi and Yuri versions of the game. (Unsure why there need to be multiple versions in the first place, but still, lol.)

it's like zelda oracle of ages and seasons, same base gameplay, different characters stories and locations

Hopefully this will not be censored in the west. Video games need to demonstrate more equality of sexual orientations. Gays, Lesbians and Bisexuals deserve equal respect in today society.

There will be yaoi. My sister will play this game.

Lol

Hopefully this will not be censored in the west. Video games need to demonstrate more equality of sexual orientations. Gays, Lesbians and Bisexuals deserve equal respect in today society.

As a Bi person i whoeheartedly agree  :)

Lol

As a Bi person i whoeheartedly agree  :)

I'm thankful that you agree (especially as a representative for Bi's). As a person of colour myself, it really makes me feel like my people are better represented if people of colour have a major role in video games (henceforth a reason as to why I love Xehanort: he's a representation for people of colour).

it's like zelda oracle of ages and seasons, same base gameplay, different characters stories and locations

Technically there's going to be differences in gameplay as well, in that Birthright is going to be easier with a world map like Awakening and Gaiden but Conquest is going to have a linear progression with less room for gaining Exp. Wish we knew more about the third scenario, but supposedly it's going to be somewhere in between in terms of difficulty, but I do think it's cool that it's you're not just paying three times for the same game.

I'm just happy people are well you know.... happy. Happy that they can love someone else without being restricted. Humans don't get to live forever. How sad it must've been in the past where this was so restricted. People were born and died unhappy.

I'm straight myself, but I don't see why I should protest if a guy across the street loves another guy or if a girl loves another girl. Hope you understand...

Pretty much 

I'm straight too but if this makes everyone happy then I'm fine especially since this is an option that one can either take or leave and proceed with the game the way they want

Really guys? Arguing over an opinion. Opinions are opinions, and unless someone acts on them, then they are harmless. Try not to kill each other over opinions please, that only leads to more hate and violence.

I think that this is really cool. I mean, personally, I'm not a fan of same-sex relationships, but having it as an option is neat. I know lots of people are fans of that, and will love that. Though I think it is slightly odd that they restrict Lesbians to the Hoshido side and Gays to the Nohr side, it is still a good feature.

Well this is pretty rad. I like that the world is getting to be more accepting of people and making sure that they don't feel left out. The different versions thing is kinda funny though. It's like Pokemon. But with relationships. haha

Edited by Demyx.

Saying what I personally think about this interesting feature: it's great. It can give some validation to the sexuality of a lot of people who really are in need of it.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Thing is, those games are meant to connect with each other which itself was born out of a third Oracle game being cancelled. I don't recall any similar circumstances with FE- far as I've heard, multiple versions were planned from the get go, with a third game down the line- and it's strange to suddenly go that route, unless they're trying to promote multiplayer somehow, a la Pokemon.

I'm thankful that you agree (especially as a representative for Bi's). As a person of colour myself, it really makes me feel like my people are better represented if people of colour have a major role in video games (henceforth a reason as to why I love Xehanort: he's a representation for people of colour).

He is? I never got that. Maybe if he was as dark in game as he is in artwork, but as it stands he just looks like a white guy with a tan.I've only played one FE game and never really got in to it, but it's good to see a Japanese company including same-sex relationships. Usually I only see that from Bethesda and BioWare.

He is? I never got that. Maybe if he was as dark in game as he is in artwork, but as it stands he just looks like a white guy with a tan.I've only played one FE game and never really got in to it, but it's good to see a Japanese company including same-sex relationships. Usually I only see that from Bethesda and BioWare.

I don't really think that Xehanort was designed to be a tanned character especially considering that Kingdom Hearts is Disney property. Tetsuya Nomura has created people of colour in Final Fantasy (Barret, Kiros and Sazh) so it's safe to say that Xehanort is a character of colour.

Back to topic, I hope that the same sex relationships do not get censored in the west.

I'm all for the same sex relationships as it'll make some people happy and I personally find nothing wrong about it, but the real thing I'm finding hilarious that nobody is bring up in this thread is that you can have incest relationships in this game, even with your avatar and their biological siblings, lol. xD Is that considered not as bad as gay relationships or some thing?

Edited by Reyn