Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy VII Remake General Discussion

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fact Lightning is now a good chance to appear in VII Remake?

• Yes.
    • Will depend on how she is used.
    • No.

well thats....an interesting decision.

so wait are they splitting it into multiple games as part of an ongoing FFVII series or just one game released in multiple parts? either way it is a bit of a let down to see that we won't be given such a large scale remake in one large package, but instead in bits and pieces. d'oh well. 

Multiple parts. It's FFVII alone.

Will the upcoming overhaul of Final Fantasy VII be released in multiple parts? Sure seems like it.

Says a press release that was sent out tonight (bolded emphasis mine):

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 6, 2015) - During this past weekend’s PlayStation Experience in San Francisco, SQUARE ENIX® debuted a new trailer for FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE, the full remake of the award-winning role-playing game, FINAL FANTASY VII. The new trailer features the first CG scenes as well as gameplay footage. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.

We’ve got a query out to Square Enix for clarification on this, since it’s a bit vague, but that doesn’t leave much room for interpretation.

—Taken from Kotaku.

I'm actually weirdly okay with this? Assuming the value of each part is roughly on part with a 60 dollar game in totality, this works for me a lot. I mean, hate to say it, but the people who enjoyed FF7 are likely a much older audience, and have less time overall to sit and just dig into a huge, meaty JRPG. An episodic format allows you to digest it in a much more relaxed manner. Essentially, this is respecting my time (if not necessarily my wallet) so yeah, I appreciate it.

And it allows it to come out a LOT sooner, but people probably weren't thinking about that.

Hmm...  I really think it just depends on how they actually present it.

If it's like $20 per episode and they manage to release the entirety of the game within a single year then it should work out fine.  My initial concern is not being able to go back to certain areas but most likely what they're having an issue with is the environment taking up too much space to allow for the huge amount of scenes in the game, forcing them to split it up.

Really all they have to do is make sure the transition between episodes isn't horrible.  As long as the game is as amazing as everyone is anticipating then what does it matter?

Never would have thought I'd see the day so many KH fans would be angry or upset with Tetsuya Nomura.

I'm not that upset. I just think it's a stupid move and I'm just upset that they did this because of the backlash it's going to cause. I just hope it's discs together in one game. Episodic releases only work well with story based games like the Telltale games and Life is Strange. Now I'm just sad because everyone is going to hate the remake now.

The guys who developed most of the Naruto Ninja Storm games and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle.

OhhNo wonder why I don't know of them. Hm, from what I saw the Naruto Storm games were cool. I still think it's freaking weird that a random developer is developing such a huge iconic Square game.

Meh. Pretty dumb idea to anger the fans like this Square Enix but realistically this is the fastest way they can develop the game and release it (too big for 1 BD disc). Dev times would also be outrageous due to scope of the game (maybe 5+ years or longer)

So Square Enix is not developing it then? Im confused 

Yeah, same. Why would they leave another dev to handle such a risky thing? They themselves were saying a few years back that remaking such a game would require alot of resources and stuff. Hopefully they don't mess it up. I have a bad feeling.

Yeah, same. Why would they leave another dev to handle such a risky thing? They themselves were saying a few years back that remaking such a game would require alot of resources and stuff. Hopefully they don't mess it up. I have a bad feeling.

if they do screw it up we've still got FFXV coming out in 2016. Looks like its gonna be the last great FF game

Originally Posted by raven777

Quick stuff from interviews

-they made multi-release since they would have to cut stuff out if they made it in one game. The detail of the game will be so dense, and you will be able to go to various locations within Midgar that you couldn't go before.

-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big

-They are working with various companies outside, including CC2

-The battle system is real-time, action feel. The degree of action will be "Dissidia > Kingdom Hearts> FF7 remake" It will be more tactical.

-Although it's action style, it has ATB as well. 

-You can control other party members, but you can keep control one if you want

-3 party members at a time like the original

[...]

some stuff I didn't put in my first summary

-Character model is supervised by Visual Work's director. 

-They don't want to go with 100% realism for the characters since it might make it hard to recognize certain characters. So they are going as real as possible, while keeping the character's personality.

-Advent Children model data is over 10 years old so they can't really use it.

-Everything from the trailer (excluding the stuff that was shown from E3 reveal) was real-time. The end scene where Cloud gets off the train, it transitions directly to the gameplay.

-Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima likes that Cloud looks very sick.

-Cross-dressing is obviously in the game, but Nomura didn't design it yet.

-All the party member's design is renewed like Barret. 

-At first they thought of going with AC design of Barret, but decided not to.

-ATB and Limit gauge is there but they are different from the original. ATB turning red is something important.

-Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle is done by people who has experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts..

Edited by sagman12PC

if they do screw it up we've still got FFXV coming out in 2016. Looks like its gonna be the last great FF game

Originally Posted by raven777

Quick stuff from interviews

-they made multi-release since they would have to cut stuff out if they made it in one game. The detail of the game will be so dense, and you will be able to go to various locations within Midgar that you couldn't go before.

-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big

-They are working with various companies outside, including CC2

-The battle system is real-time, action feel. The degree of action will be "Dissidia > Kingdom Hearts> FF7 remake" It will be more tactical.

-Although it's action style, it has ATB as well. 

-You can control other party members, but you can keep control one if you want

-3 party members at a time like the original

[...]

some stuff I didn't put in my first summary

-Character model is supervised by Visual Work's director. 

-They don't want to go with 100% realism for the characters since it might make it hard to recognize certain characters. So they are going as real as possible, while keeping the character's personality.

-Advent Children model data is over 10 years old so they can't really use it.

-Everything from the trailer (excluding the stuff that was shown from E3 reveal) was real-time. The end scene where Cloud gets off the train, it transitions directly to the gameplay.

-Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima likes that Cloud looks very sick.

-Cross-dressing is obviously in the game, but Nomura didn't design it yet.

-All the party member's design is renewed like Barret. 

-At first they thought of going with AC design of Barret, but decided not to.

-ATB and Limit gauge is there but they are different from the original. ATB turning red is something important.

-Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle is done by people who has experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts..

We'll see I guess.

Hmm ,CC2 did the Hack.GU games and Solatorobo which were alright in my eyes. Would be interesting to see how they approach this remake.

YAY! You were the only person who mentioned Solatorobo and the .HACK games! (I am a huge fan of the .HACK games)

Yes, CC2 has come a very long way from a company nobody knew about to making big games like Naruto and Final Fantasy ~ indeed it is very pleasing news!!

Fun Fact: The voice actor for Haseo, the main character from CC2's .HACK//GU is the same voice actor as FFVII's Cloud Strife.

Haseo

Cloud