Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy VII Remake General Discussion

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fact Lightning is now a good chance to appear in VII Remake?

• Yes.
    • Will depend on how she is used.
    • No.

that was a nice excerpt from Square Enix's new book: "101 Ways to Whore Out Your Characters"

seriously this article is ridiculous. does this kind of marketing ACTUALLY work? does anyone realize that a video game character has no real thoughts or feelings and they only say what their creators tell them to say, so naturally they'll only say things to make the product sound great? No?

Anyone?

What's that?

They only want to see more of Lightning and no one actually cares about that? Oh.

Ok.

Nevermind. 

I would love Lightning to be in the game, but I don't want them to throw her in there and give her a stupid role.  If she has a real purpose in the game (or even just being an NPC Easter Egg) then I am completely on board.

Does this mean that FFVII takes place in the same world as FFXIII? and vice versa? either way i don't really care, i like her character but don't really care if she's in the game

No, different world, different universe. Already got X in the same world as VII.

Huh.. this would be interesting. But I don't mind, either way. Random cameos can be pretty awesome and makes me a bit (way too much) excited!!   :3 Kinda like when seeing Rapunzel briefly in Frozen.. or those little Easter Egg finds in well... any game.. or whatever.  :/  Ya know what I mean! (I hope)  ;)

I wouldn't worry about this guy, he's way to entitled to his own opinions. I get the feeling he thinks his opinions are above everyone else's. He doesn't say he hates Kingdom Hearts because he says it's "decent." Though from what I can tell, he doesn't like Nomura as a director.

Talk about a video that reflects the phrase "half glass empty"

deep breathes

"voice acting turned cloud into a brooding sauce-spooking candy ass (did I hear that right?) destroying our vision of the stoic and sarcastic character who we grew up with." I really disagree with this statement. But meh ~ people are entitled to their opinions.

He is right in that one way it could go sour is people having really high (sometimes unrealistic) expectations for what they expect in the remake and then call the game crap after release because they are disappointed that it did not meet their expectations. But I can only deduce that he must too have some fairly high expectations to assume that the remake could potentially 'suck'.

Indeed, it can be felt that the tone he speaks of Mr Nomura is not particularly positive. He mispronounces his name, calls his direction of development 'Hamfisted' (awkward/clumsy) and criticises the other titles of the FFVII universe under Nomura's direction. it is highly implied that the Author's impression of Kingdom Hearts at best is 'acceptable' but 'sub-standard' as he chooses to passionately accentuate on the shortcomings rather than the successful elements from both FFVII and KH. Dumbing down the idea of 'lifestream' from FFVII would be like dampening out the idea of 'Sin', 'summoning' or 'yu yevon' in FFX. In short, the context supporting the plot will suffer.

But at the end of the day, these are his opinions which may or may not be shared by others.

Edited by catmaster0116

This guys doesn't like the kh series so don't get upset if he uses it as reference for why ff7 remake might not be good. 

add&autoplay=1

The fact that Nomura is the director is already a big red flag of mine

I wouldn't worry about this guy, he's way to entitled to his own opinions. I get the feeling he thinks his opinions are above everyone else's. He doesn't say he hates Kingdom Hearts because he says it's "decent." Though from what I can tell, he doesn't like Nomura as a director.

Just because he doesn't like Nomura doesn't make his criticism invalid

Not everyone has to like Nomura or his style of story telling and not everyone is implying that "they're above everyone else's" with it

And I'm gonna be honest with you,after stuff like Dream Drop Distance,Unchained X(or chikey.....whatever) and Advent Children,I could say that I don't like Nomura as a director either

Now as a character designer though......he's amazing(despite shoving way too many zippers,belts and pockets into his designs lately) especially when it comes to monster designs

The fact that Nomura is the director is already a big red flag of mineJust because he doesn't like Nomura doesn't make his criticism invalid Not everyone has to like Nomura or his style of story telling and not everyone is implying that "they're above everyone else's" with it  And I'm gonna be honest with you,after stuff like Dream Drop Distance,Unchained X(or chikey.....whatever) and Advent Children,I could say that I don't like Nomura as a director either Now as a character designer though......he's amazing(despite shoving way too many zippers,belts and pockets into his designs lately) especially when it comes to monster designs

I personally find his criticism invalid, but if you don't, that's fine. I like Nomura as a director and as a character designer and I honestly found DDD and AC to be good.

According to Gamespot, Yoshinori Kitase has confirmed that the new FINAL FANTASY VII Remake will be released as multiple full-sized games comparable to the FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy. For clarification this means the Remake will be structured similarly to FINAL FANTASY XIII where each "part should be on par with the scale of one FINAL FANTASY XIII game" (Kitase).

Kitase adds: "It will essentially be a full scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory in a sense."

This seems to be met by some mixed reviews, mostly with the compassion to taking direction from the FINAL FANTASY XIII trilogy which was met with heavy criticism. Since the announcement I believe this is the first time we are getting confirmation the game will not have just on full release.

When originally released in 1997, the game in its entirety was divided into three discs. 

credit

Edited by Runay

I thought we already knew this?

I believe this is more in regards to how heavily it is being influenced by FINAL FANTASY XIII's releases, unless I am mistaken. 

Sooooo

60$ for the first chapter in Midgar

60$ from Midgar up until the Gold Saucer

60$ from Aerith's death until the attack of the Weapons

and finally 60$ from retreiving the White Materia all the way up to the battle with Sephiroth

I'm guessing more like $60 per original disc... Which is still dumb, if you ask me. It's like if they took each of the PS1 discs and sold them separately at full price each. They're breaking a game up unnecessarily just to get more money out of it. Sure, they might use the excuse that it doesn't all fit on one disc, but again: FFVII was originally a 3-disc game. They could just do the same thing. I'll just be sticking to the original version instead of paying 3 times the price for yet another Action RPG from Square. They're changing the original way too much for my taste, the footage that's been shown made it look more like an entirely different game than a remake.

And because I know that someone's going to pull the old "You just hate change" argument: I don't hate change, but there is a point where it's too much. I feel that this is too much, and I'm getting tired of Square just making a ton of Action RPGs at this point.

I'm guessing more like $60 per original disc... Which is still dumb, if you ask me. It's like if they took each of the PS1 discs and sold them separately at full price each. They're breaking a game up unnecessarily just to get more money out of it. Sure, they might use the excuse that it doesn't all fit on one disc, but again: FFVII was originally a 3-disc game. They could just do the same thing. I'll just be sticking to the original version instead of paying 3 times the price

They said each part would be the scale of 13 so that would mean each game is around 40 hours in length which is as long as the original game was so you're getting a full current gen game at the length of the original. If they make 3 games all at 60$ each you're paying 3 times the price yeah, but for 3 times the length, graphics 3 generations ahead of the original, and a better battle and cinematic experience.

They said each part would be the scale of 13 so that would mean each game is around 40 hours in length which is as long as the original game was so you're getting a full current gen game at the length of the original. If they make 3 games all at 60$ each you're paying 3 times the price yeah, but for 3 times the length, graphics 3 generations ahead of the original, and a better battle and cinematic experience.

But it's still 3 times the price for one game. It would be much better if it was just on 3 discs like the original release. Also, I'd personally disagree on the "better battle" bit. As I said in my previous post, I've gotten tired of Square's style of Action RPGs because they make them way too often. I far prefer turn-based, and I was hoping this would be a return to the old turn-based combat that I loved back in the day. Instead, it looks like it's not much different from all the other recent ARPGs. I don't really care much about the graphics or cinematic aspects, and if they're making the game longer, that means they're probably adding in filler, which wouldn't justify the price tag at all.