Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Final Fantasy VII Remake General Discussion

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like fact Lightning is now a good chance to appear in VII Remake?

• Yes.
    • Will depend on how she is used.
    • No.

Sooooo

60$ for the first chapter in Midgar

60$ from Midgar up until the Gold Saucer

60$ from Aerith's death until the attack of the Weapons

and finally 60$ from retreiving the White Materia all the way up to the battle with Sephiroth

Lol pretty much yeah. I find this to be really dumb.

This changes many things. For example, in the FFXIII series, the battle system changed slightly in each game, and the playable characters changed too.

I wonder how different this game will be from the original, and if they're considering in adding games like Crisis Core to this compilation.

Sooooo

60$ for the first chapter in Midgar

60$ from Midgar up until the Gold Saucer

60$ from Aerith's death until the attack of the Weapons

and finally 60$ from retreiving the White Materia all the way up to the battle with Sephiroth

Well if it's as big as the XIII games then I think the first game will end at Aerith's death and leave it as a cliffhanger. Midgar chapter is way too small for a full sized game.

I'm waiting for further info, they are honestly telling us their game will be so big they can't fit it on a blue ray disc? Why the need for multiple parts anyway? It's FF7, it will sell like hotcakes... I'm not paying full price just for small story portions where other areas will probably be restricted. That's stupid and could make the game feel linear.

I'll wait until we get more info this year, depending on how far in the story the first installment goes upto and until we see more of the battle system. I never cared much for the original anyway.

I'm guessing more like $60 per original disc... Which is still dumb, if you ask me. It's like if they took each of the PS1 discs and sold them separately at full price each. They're breaking a game up unnecessarily just to get more money out of it. Sure, they might use the excuse that it doesn't all fit on one disc, but again: FFVII was originally a 3-disc game. They could just do the same thing. I'll just be sticking to the original version instead of paying 3 times the price for yet another Action RPG from Square. They're changing the original way too much for my taste, the footage that's been shown made it look more like an entirely different game than a remake.

And because I know that someone's going to pull the old "You just hate change" argument: I don't hate change, but there is a point where it's too much. I feel that this is too much, and I'm getting tired of Square just making a ton of Action RPGs at this point.

I doubt the remake would be any bigger than Xenoblade X and I don't buy the whole don't fit one disk bullshit cuz backthen it's hardware and size limitations that led the original to be on 3 discs.the whole "full sized games" thing is just for marketing buzz cuz they said the same thing before Final Fantasy XIII came out.The only reason XIII was 3 discs on the Xbox 360 was purely because Square didn't know how to compress the file size for their cutscenes so the game ended up being around 60 gigs despite being a literal hallway

VII remake could as well end up being an episodic hallway so they can excuse splitting the game into episodes so they'd have the excuse of "you can't go back to the previous episode it won't make sense"

I don't mind change,but that doesn't mean every change is good

The whole change thing is brought up plenty of times by Nomura. Changes like the infamous All The Bravest, I mind you. Which is easily the worst game I have ever seen.

Oh, and full-sized games is a vague statement, which is also irrating.

Edited by Shun Kurosaki

The whole change thing is brought up plenty of times by Nomura. Changes like the infamous All The Bravest, I mind you. Which is easily the worst game I have ever seen.

Oh, and full-sized games is a vague statement, which is also irrating.

Full sized games can mean anything

Cuz by the same token you can call each episode of the TellTale Walking Dead games a full sized game since you download them separately as soon as they come out

Again and I must stress,the whole "Full size games" is just a word for marketing buzz cuz I assure once all episodes are out they'll make a physical release containing all the episodes and now magically they "all fit on one disc" despite fanboys of Square Enix claiming the contrary 

Ubisoft and EA do the exact same thing with every "open-world" game they release where they brag about how huge and open ended it is but when you actually play the game it's as generic and bland as a sandbox game can be.Just look at Watch Dogs,a game that Ubisoft hyped the firetrucking shit out of only for the game to be forgotten a week after it's release

The reason Square is splitting the game into episodes in the first place is because not only it worked for TellTale but it also worked for their game "Life is Strange" so now they did it again with FFVII and Hitman so they'd cut development time by releasing each chunk of the game as it's own release and once they're all out they'll make a physical combination

Well if it's as big as the XIII games then I think the first game will end at Aerith's death and leave it as a cliffhanger. Midgar chapter is way too small for a full sized game.

Even if the first game was just disc 1 I won't pay full price 60$ for it cuz it's not even half the game and it'd be stupid to charge full price for the content that was present in Disc 3 cuz that only had post-game stuff and the final boss

Square here is really playing on the heart and nostalgia of FFVII fans where they wanna taste how far can we go in terms of paying for our favorite games

"Full sized games" is not what you think it is.It doesn't mean that each episode is as big as a full-fledged game release.I'll probably mean something akin to the Walking Dead games by TellTale so they'd excuse making chapters into linear hallways the same way the original XIII did it

Now, I could be wrong about this, but for all the talk of each part running the full length of the original FFVII, I simply cannot see how. It didn't take me 40 hours to get Shinra to drop the ceiling, and it didn't take another 40 hours to finally get on that Ferris wheel with Barrett. There's really only two ways that this is getting padded out this long: if the sheer amount of gameplay and sidequests will actually occupy me for that long, or, and this is the more likely option, there's going to be an obscene amount of cutscenes and very little game. And if the fact that they're referencing XIII is any indication, it's going to be the latter. 

What does this mean multi sized games? Like pay to play content?

It means it will be splitting the game into "episodic parts". This means the game will not be on all one disc and each part may have different release dates. An easy way to think of it is it'll be something similar to FINAL FANTASY XIII so like FINAL FANTASY VII Remake, FINAL FANTASY VII-2 Remake, so on & so forth.

Edited by Runay

Now, I could be wrong about this, but for all the talk of each part running the full length of the original FFVII, I simply cannot see how. It didn't take me 40 hours to get Shinra to drop the ceiling, and it didn't take another 40 hours to finally get on that Ferris wheel with Barrett. There's really only two ways that this is getting padded out this long: if the sheer amount of gameplay and sidequests will actually occupy me for that long, or, and this is the more likely option, there's going to be an obscene amount of cutscenes and very little game. And if the fact that they're referencing XIII is any indication, it's going to be the latter. 

Again as I said,it's just for marketting buzz cuz like EA and Ubisoft they'd know how easy to attract the general audience with fancy words like "Seemless open world" or "multiple parts being full sized games" cuz there is no way each part would take this long no matter how much they add to them

I just hope they are not rushing the first episode just so they can release it for the 20th Anniversary of FFVII.I have a feeling that this is how the idea of making it episodic came to be,because I doubt they could release a full remake of FFVII by 2017.

Yoshinori Kitase has kindly answered 10 questions from our friends at Game Informer about the FF7 Remake! 

As a side note-They wanted to go into a huge amount of detail about things like airships and materia but ofc he wasn't ready to talk about that since the game is in very early stages of development.

Fans have been asking for a FFVII remake for years. What about the gaming landscape makes now the right time?

The landscape was one thing, but it was more that we’d been working on the XIII series for the last 10 years. My team and I were mainly focused on that project. Final Fantasy VII Remake would be an equivalent – or even greater – project in terms of scale, and so it would have been hard to do both at the same time. After XIII ended, of course XV is currently being developed by [Hajime] Tabata-san’s team, so it presented a time when we can fully place our focus on the Final Fantasy VII Remake.

When the remake was first announced, there was some confusion among fans about its multi-part format. Is comparing it to the Final Fantasy XIII saga fair in that regard? Will each entry have that kind of scope?

It will essentially be a full-scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory, in a sense. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn’t really make sense if that isn’t encompassed in the multi-part series, and it wouldn’t make sense to remake it if we don’t encompass that that entire story.

With regards to the current HD capacity and volume, the idea is that we wouldn’t be able to encompass it all in just one installment. So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game.

Have you decided how many installments there will be?

Yeah, we do have an idea on the project side in terms of how many installments it may consist of, but unfortunately, we can’t share that at the moment. Of course, as we’re creating and developing the scenario and the stories, these are things that move in real time. So, the plan may change along the way. But, that said, we do have a vision for how many installments it will consist of.

The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII added new wrinkles to the story and lore behind the game. How is the team approaching the integration of those new elements into the remake?

It’s not to say that all or some of the characters from the spin-offs or other Compilation works will appear in the remake, but if there are any areas where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing.

So, there isn’t any pressure to include every character and storyline from the Compilation content?

Yes, there may be instances where the characters appear themselves, or are just referenced in dialogue. But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren’t as famous won’t appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.

Some fans seem to want a remake that is mainly visual upgrades, with none of the story or gameplay altered. Was that ever considered for the project?

The starting point was – and our executive producer [shinji] Hashimoto-san has mentioned this – it would even be okay if we just upped the graphics to the quality of Advent Children. But, in terms of game styles and battle systems, it’s been 20 years since the original, and a lot has changed. Trends have changed, and I believed that we needed to revisit and rethink that aspect for the remake.

What drove the decision to move away from the traditional turn-based system toward action-focused combat?

We haven’t completely transitioned into action, but as our director [Tetsuya] Nomura-san says, Final Fantasy (in terms of action games) is best represented by Dissidia in the current landscape. In terms of the Final Fantasy action battles people have experienced themselves, that is most familiar to them these days. In terms of the image of the battle system, that’s where we’re getting the feel from. It won’t be as action-focused as Dissidia, of course, but the the visuals and how the gameplay feels in essence will be drawn from that Dissidia-esque style.

Not many creators have the chance to revisit a previous project like this. For you personally, is there any aspect of FFVII that you’re looking forward to bringing back to life?

That’s a difficult question. There are certain scenes that are ingrained in the memories of our fans – like Cloud dressing a female, or that impactful Aerith scene. At that time, that was the latest technology and the latest graphics, but now it does look a little bit cheap as far as how it looks graphically and how those scenes are staged. So, everyone’s probably wondering how those scenes will be brought back to life in current, realistic graphics and how they will be expressed. And I myself am interested in that, but it’s also a challenge. For all of those scenes that people remember, I’m wondering how we can meet expectations and express them properly in current-gen graphics.

I’m sure there are areas that our fans want to see how we can change, and areas that they don’t want changed. The opinions of our fans are probably split on a lot of those elements, so determining from a development standpoint where we’ll be more true to the original versus where we change is something we hope to grasp through communicating with our fans. Also, while we want to understand their concerns, we also want to get them excited for the story and seeing how it can be revamped and refreshed.

So, even if you’re familiar with the story, there’s still an opportunity to be surprised?

Definitely. We have archived versions of our games, and a lot of times, people buy them and it starts off with nostalgia – but after that, you’re essentially following the story you already know. That experience starts to diminish as you proceed through the game and the interest level starts to decline. If it’s just nostalgia, it’s just a matter of following the story, and there wouldn’t be any surprises. So, in that sense, we want to balance out the areas we would like change versus the areas we don’t in order to have that nostalgia, but also the surprises.

Do you see the larger iconic plot points as an opportunity to surprise fans, or are there things that you and the team consider untouchable?

I, along with Nomura-san and [Kazushige] Nojima-san – who are involved with the remake – were involved with the original Final Fantasy VII. We were the people who created it, so in that sense, we don’t think anything is untouchable. That isn’t to say we’re changing everything!

Of course, within Square Enix and across the globe, there are people who think it’s on this holy scale. That there isn’t anything we can touch or play around with. But we believe we know the balance between what can be changed versus what needs to be protected.

I read this earlier, and the only thing I disagree with is this.

What drove the decision to move away from the traditional turn-based system toward action-focused combat?

We haven’t completely transitioned into action, but as our director [Tetsuya] Nomura-san says, Final Fantasy (in terms of action games) is best represented by Dissidia in the current landscape. In terms of the Final Fantasy action battles people have experienced themselves, that is most familiar to them these days. In terms of the image of the battle system, that’s where we’re getting the feel from. It won’t be as action-focused as Dissidia, of course, but the the visuals and how the gameplay feels in essence will be drawn from that Dissidia-esque style.

The first time something like this was shown was Advent Children. Before that FF combat/action sequences were never like that. FF8 for example has an example of how normal combat was in its opening cinematic. No idea why they are going with this style though, it's basically DBZ/matrix style. It's the only thing I've ever disagreed with Nomura tbh.

A boring interview with a bunch of nothing.

Square is so good in teasing and leaving things in the air for our own interpretation... You know, in a point I admire those big companies like Ubisoft, EA Games. Although they do not produce great masterpieces like Square they don't do this kind of thing. When they speak about their games, they do speak about their games. It's not empty chat. Why rise and talk about something that you don't have clear sight yet or are not allowed to talk about? If you don't have a clear idea of what you're doing why announce and talk about it?

Edited by kingofnowhere

A boring interview with a bunch of nothing.

Square is so good in teasing and leaving things in the air for our own interpretation... You know, in a point I admire those big companies like Ubisoft, EA Games. Although they do not produce great masterpieces like Square they don't do this kind of thing. When they speak about their games, they do speak about their games. It's not empty chat. Why rise and talk about something that you don't have clear sight yet or are not allowed to talk about? If you don't have a clear idea of what you're doing why announce and talk about it?

I do believe that they aren't allowed to reveal much until the game is close to completion, like I said-this game is VERY early in development so there's not much to discuss. Game Informer requested the interview-not Kitase. They chose to ask him about the game, he just responded as best as he could. Don't blame Square,it's not like they go around asking people to interview their devs. 

Edited by Shinobi Palace

When the remake was first announced, there was some confusion among fans about its multi-part format. Is comparing it to the Final Fantasy XIII saga fair in that regard? Will each entry have that kind of scope? 

It will essentially be a full-scale game for each part of the multi-part series. In XIII, each installment told the story from a different angle. It was kind of like approaching an unknown territory, in a sense. Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a preexisting story, so it wouldn’t really make sense if that isn’t encompassed in the multi-part series, and it wouldn’t make sense to remake it if we don’t encompass that that entire story.

With regards to the current HD capacity and volume, the idea is that we wouldn’t be able to encompass it all in just one installment. So, if we’re just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game.

Have you decided how many installments there will be? 
Yeah, we do have an idea on the project side in terms of how many installments it may consist of, but unfortunately, we can’t share that at the moment. Of course, as we’re creating and developing the scenario and the stories, these are things that move in real time. So, the plan may change along the way. But, that said, we do have a vision for how many installments it will consist of.

The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII added new wrinkles to the story and lore behind the game. How is the team approaching the integration of those new elements into the remake? 
It’s not to say that all or some of the characters from the spin-offs or other Compilation works will appear in the remake, but if there are any areas where we can use the settings or the characters, we do want to try to incorporate it in there, so it gives off that sense of nuance and those other stories existing.

So, there isn’t any pressure to include every character and storyline from the Compilation content? 
Yes, there may be instances where the characters appear themselves, or are just referenced in dialogue. But, of course, it would be difficult to follow up on everything that happened in this universe. So, maybe some of the characters who weren’t as famous won’t appear or be mentioned. But in terms of the characters and instances that remain in the memories of our fans, we do want to try our best to integrate that in some fashion in the world.

Some fans seem to want a remake that is mainly visual upgrades, with none of the story or gameplay altered. Was that ever considered for the project? 
The starting point was – and our executive producer [shinji] Hashimoto-san has mentioned this – it would even be okay if we just upped the graphics to the quality of Advent Children. But, in terms of game styles and battle systems, it’s been 20 years since the original, and a lot has changed. Trends have changed, and I believed that we needed to revisit and rethink that aspect for the remake.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/04/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-may-see-areas-characters-spinoffs/