Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

About More Female Characters Appearing In The Future Of The Series.

People were talking about maybe there being a light-based villain using light for bad in the next saga, maybe it could be a chick.

I'm thinking looking a little bit like the female foretellers in chi in terms of appearance 

Edit: Maybe something a little bit like this:

Posted Image

Edited by Yuno Gasai

Honestly I want Kingdom Hearts to have more female keyblade wielders because Aqua was a great female character in the Kingdom Hearts series. It will be nice to have more playable female keyblade wielders to bring some new dynamic and new interactions, like a headstrong girl, or a laid-back brooding girl, or cheerful bubbly girl.

why does it matter? If the characters are good why would it matter if they are male or female. Video games are designed to create awesome worlds and stories. Both male and female characters can do that. That's why i find the whole need more strong females in video games thing ridiculous. It shouldn't matter they are video games an escape from the real world into fantasy realms. 

why does it matter? If the characters are good why would it matter if they are male or female. Video games are designed to create awesome worlds and stories. Both male and female characters can do that. That's why i find the whole need more strong females in video games thing ridiculous. It shouldn't matter they are video games an escape from the real world into fantasy realms.

Because females have little representation, or are represented as weak :/

As much as I would like more female characters, I rather not have it for the sake of it. It feels cheap, rather have a gender fitting a character depending on the plot and such.

What do you mean? Gender is irrelevant to plot. Edited by Shana09

Because females have little representation, or are represented as weak :/

that still doesn't say why it matters. It's not like someone's narrative reflects real life so why are people so butthurt or advocating for certain genders or races to be in games? these designers make the decisions for the story they tell we have no right to say how much of each gender should be in it.

Honestly I want Kingdom Hearts to have more female keyblade wielders because Aqua was a great female character in the Kingdom Hearts series. It will be nice to have more playable female keyblade wielders to bring some new dynamic and new interactions, like a headstrong girl, or a laid-back brooding girl, or cheerful bubbly girl.

you just described the trio from ffx-2.

I meant as in if the character's personality fits more with a female than a male or vice versa. I'd rather not have it male for the sake of a male or female for the sake of a female, just what seems believable.

Knowing Nomura, I'm pretty sure he'd give good enough personalities and believable aspects to any female characters he'd add!  We'll just have to wait and see what happens! :D

Knowing Nomura, I'm pretty sure he'd give good enough personalities and believable aspects to any female characters he'd add!  We'll just have to wait and see what happens! :D

He didn't do a well job with the current main girls. Kairi looks like she is improving slowly, Aqua who is a badass is still pretty one-dimensional, Xion is the one who we got a deeper look into but even she isn't that well liked in the community, Namine is pretty simple for a character but I like her and Larxene is the common super-bitch trope even if I like her a lot too.

Nomura hasn't done too much with the female characters, I just hope they do improve Kairi and Aqua more in KH3. Xion has already done her thing, Namine is probably gonna stick with her simpleness and Larxene is still gonna be her character because she is like a trope.

I just wish Aqua and Kairi get more well rounded. Kairi has gotten that treatment but its bits here and there. Since she is going to be important again in KH3, I hope they kind of show her personality a bit more. Aqua too, we haven't seen too much of it because of her one-dimensionalness. She is one of the better characters and my fave of the BBS trio, but I hope she shows more of her personality like when she was with Ven and Terra in LBD and Zack. I still love them, but I want a little more.

Worst one is Terra though like oh my god, its torture going through his story in BBS.

Nomura is notorious for not developing female characters correctly, so don't expect much. 

All of the female characters are flat and one dimensional, but all the characters in the series are flat except for Riku and Roxas if we are talking about real development.  

Nomura is notorious for not developing female characters correctly, so don't expect much. 

All of the female characters are flat and one dimensional, but all the characters in the series are flat except for Riku and Roxas if we are talking about real development.  

Well, let's just hope that the next saga can bring in more layered characters! :3

A female villain for the next saga would be fantastic. To add to that, she could manipulate the Princess Of Hearts for a new agenda in relation to Kingdom Hearts.