Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

The fact that Nomura is directing the FF7 remake concerns me

People forget that Cloud after FF7 is considered "character development"

I don't consider it a good character arc, but Cloud in FF7 was a mish mash of Zack and his own personality, and that'll be preserved, no doubt

It's not like the FF7 compilation doesn't have charismatic characters

and Cloud has plenty of emo edgy dialog in FF7 too, like "I'm used to being alone" really the stuff liek let's mosey are victims of bad translation that the fans just latched on to

But after Cloud got his memory and personality back at the end of disc 3 he still cracked jokes to Yuffie when you talk to her and he did joke even before entering the final battle with "Let's mosey"......regardless of how that line is translated the reaction of Cid when he said not again indicates that it was a joke

Even without Zack's influence Cloud wasn't always a brooder  and even with those lines FF7's Cloud was still in the range of being likable

He was the way he was in advent children because he actually had to deal with guilt over Aerith dying. Those examples you mention like the golden saucer and The cross dressing, all happen BEFORE she died. And he didn't have any time to deal with it in 7 due to the fact that they needed to focus on saving the world. Not to mention he and a whole bunch of other people were dying from a disease with no cure and he couldn't do anything about. 

So yeah, I see no problem with his Advent Children interpretation.

He was the way he was in advent children because he actually had to deal with guilt over Aerith dying. Those examples you mention like the golden saucer and The cross dressing, all happen BEFORE she died. And he didn't have any time to deal with it in 7 due to the fact that they needed to focus on saving the world. Not to mention he and a whole bunch of other people were dying from a disease with no cure and he couldn't do anything about. 

So yeah, I see no problem with his Advent Children interpretation.

1It isn't just Advent Children,just look at every game Cloud has been in ever since KH1(except Crisis Core)

And 2Did you even read anything I wrote?Even after Aerith died there was still times where Cloud cracked a joke or two even after he got his memories back like the submarine sequence when they get inside it especially if you talked to everybody on the highwind like Yuffie for example he jokes with her a bit and he even joked before going to the final battle

Try to read before you post based on an interpretation of what I wrote please

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

I may have an idea on what most of this new story content may be, likely to emphasize the connection of FF X-2 with FF VII, as we were implied that X and VII are likely in the same universe, and that FF X-2 could be a prequel to FF VII in some way, as there was a character in X-2 named Shinra, who wished to refine the energy from the Farplanes. This was implied in FF X-2's or FF VII Omega Ultimania.

I'm not really excited for a FFVII Remake, nor am I impressed or hopeful about Nomura's involvement, but I have to say if they make Cloud the Advent Children and beyond version who won't stop brooding....then we're going to have a problem, Square-Enix. >.>

Broody Emo Cloud is just...not a good portrayal of the character, even after the shit he's been through, he wouldn't completely give in to any misery he was feeling at the time. Never. As Smash said, he continued to make jokes and not wallow in self-pity as they all approached the end of the game. And seriously, if Cloud can Crossdress and make tons of jokes before Areith died, who wasn't even a good character or love interest mind you, then taking into account some of his other achievements and strengths, he would have the emotional and mental strength to keep his cool while also showing he's sad about Areith's death and other recent tragedies without brooding and bitching excessively.

And seriously, is Nomura trying to be the worlds busiest Game Developer?? He'll get none of his projects finished at this rate....

1It isn't just Advent Children,just look at every game Cloud has been in ever since KH1(except Crisis Core)

And 2Did you even read anything I wrote?Even after Aerith died there was still times where Cloud cracked a joke or two even after he got his memories back like the submarine sequence when they get inside it especially if you talked to everybody on the highwind like Yuffie for example he jokes with her a bit and he even joked before going to the final battle

Try to read before you post based on an interpretation of what I wrote please

I wouldn't exactly call "lets mosey" a joke, nothing cloud said during the second half of the game really stood out to me as joking at all.

Also I hardly see how Dissidia should cause concern for the remake when it wasn't directed or written by Nomura. Also from the stuff I've seen on youtube Cloud's brooding isn't that games only story problem.